Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Regarding Whaley . . .

Started by WizardofhOgZ, August 13, 2017, 02:49:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

I've had a nagging feeling for a while about Devwah, based on what I saw last year and in the spring.

I hate that I have to say the following - but, if I don't, there will be a spate of "you're just a hater", etc. posts in response. So, I'll say that I do like Devwah and WANT him to succeed - at the highest level. I'd be very happy with that result.  Of course, I have the same hope/support for all Hog players.

That said . . . I just don't see him being our "premier" back in the long run (pardon the pun!). Obviously, he's our most experienced guy right now, but I see Williams and the two freshmen getting a LOT of work this fall . . . SO LONG AS they can hold onto the ball, and figure out pass protection blocking so Austin doesn't get killed. Probably taking over more-so in the second half of the season. This will be kind of a "RB by committee" kind of year, and a definite pecking order will be established by next fall (2018).

Devwah reminds me - to some degree - of Ronnie Wingo. I do think he is better than Ronnie; but I just don't see the explosiveness or vision I had expected when I watch him run. Both (Wingo, Whaley) seem to run with just a touch of hesitation.  I don't mean this as a criticism, as I'm sure he's running as hard as he can. I don't doubt his work ethic or dedication.  It's just my impression. And, remember - I came into this expecting and hoping that he would be a "lead" back. But, as of yet, I just haven't seen it.

For the record, I posted this same sentiment "elsewhere" before the start of fall camp - so this is not just a reaction to DW's ho-hum stats in the two fall scrummages. This has been in my head for a while now. Hope he proves me wrong, as it would be much better for us is he is another Alex, Jonathon or Rawleigh. Perhaps, with the main job his to lose, he will settle in and get some rhythm. I certainly hope so.

colbs

I disagree.  As a freshmen he averaged 5.5 yards per rush and over 600 yards.  Devwah's biggest problem he had last year was blocking IMO.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JP5zvetR1vI

CapitalCityHawg

I agree with you. I think Devwah is better than Ronnie but I think that is an interesting comparison. You could never really describe why Ronnie wasn't better than he was and I think that'll be the case with Devwah. Like you, I hope I'm wrong. The good news is that we have more depth than we expected.

sowmonella

Quote from: colbs on August 13, 2017, 02:59:18 pm
I disagree.  As a freshmen he averaged 5.5 yards per rush and over 600 yards.  Devwah's biggest problem he had last year was blocking IMO.
I agree with you colbs. Devwah runs hard and has that next gear when he gets loose. It's hard for a true freshman to pick up the blocking part of it. I expect 1,200 yds plus this year and some big plays in the passing game as well. He's got all the tools.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Hog Fan from Camden

Just my opinion, I see no comparison between Whaley and Wingo!

swineology

Whaley did well as a freshman with a OL that was a steaming pile of dog crap Wiz.

I expect if the OL shows any sign of improving Devwah should easily go for over 1000 yds.

King Kong

bennyl08

Devwah doesn't have the first two step explosion I was expecting to see from him, but steps 3-4, he is incredibly fast.

Coming as a true freshmen, I thought he reminded me of McFadden. Now, when I say that, I don't mean that he was as elite as McFadden, and probably about 2 tenths of a second slower in the forty than DMac, but a guy who used speed, ran n-s without a lot of wiggle, had a good stiff arm, and used his speed to truck defenders more than actual leg drive. With Whaley sacrificing the speed that Dmac had with a good bit more strength than McFadden.

Whaley, IMO, is not anywhere close to Wingo in terms of hesitation or dancing in the backfield. He didn't find the hole as fast as RW3 did as a sophomore or that we were used to seeing with JWill and Collins as upperclassmen, but if you have the stomach for it, go back and watch some games from 2013 and not the highlights because those are, well, highlights. You see too much in the backfield from JWill and Collins who were both in their first years of really playing (JWill had limited playing time in the smiley year). Rawleigh did it some in 2015 as well. I expect we will see that from Chase and Maleek this year.

I don't see any reason to expect that we won't see Whaley hitting the holes quicker this season in the same way that we should expect to see Austin making his decisions in the passing game quicker as well.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

TheEnemy

Are you not familiar with Whaley or Wingo?

I thought Whaley looked great for a true freshman.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on August 13, 2017, 02:49:07 pm
I've had a nagging feeling for a while about Devwah, based on what I saw last year and in the spring.

I hate that I have to say the following - but, if I don't, there will be a spate of "you're just a hater", etc. posts in response. So, I'll say that I do like Devwah and WANT him to succeed - at the highest level. I'd be very happy with that result.  Of course, I have the same hope/support for all Hog players.

That said . . . I just don't see him being our "premier" back in the long run (pardon the pun!). Obviously, he's our most experienced guy right now, but I see Williams and the two freshmen getting a LOT of work this fall . . . SO LONG AS they can hold onto the ball, and figure out pass protection blocking so Austin doesn't get killed. Probably taking over more-so in the second half of the season. This will be kind of a "RB by committee" kind of year, and a definite pecking order will be established by next fall (2018).

Devwah reminds me - to some degree - of Ronnie Wingo. I do think he is better than Ronnie; but I just don't see the explosiveness or vision I had expected when I watch him run. Both (Wingo, Whaley) seem to run with just a touch of hesitation.  I don't mean this as a criticism, as I'm sure he's running as hard as he can. I don't doubt his work ethic or dedication.  It's just my impression. And, remember - I came into this expecting and hoping that he would be a "lead" back. But, as of yet, I just haven't seen it.

For the record, I posted this same sentiment "elsewhere" before the start of fall camp - so this is not just a reaction to DW's ho-hum stats in the two fall scrummages. This has been in my head for a while now. Hope he proves me wrong, as it would be much better for us is he is another Alex, Jonathon or Rawleigh. Perhaps, with the main job his to lose, he will settle in and get some rhythm. I certainly hope so.

I can't agree. Wiz you are actually comparing Whaley with Ronnie Wingo? Wingo produced for the following yards:

2009-319 yards rushing on 49 carries (6.51) for 3 TD's. 5 Receptions for 99 yards (19.7) for 1 TD.
2010-260 yards rushing on 41 carries (6.34) for 1 TD.  27 receptions for 274 yards (10.1) for 4 TD's.
2011-494 yards rushing on 104 carries (4.75) for 3 TD's. 20 receptions for 187 yards (9.35) for 2 TD's.
2012-59 yards rushing on 12 carries (4.9) for 1 TD. 7 receptions for 50 yards (7.1) for 1 TD.

Wingo's production went down the longer he played and never exceeded 500 yards rushing nor 300 yards receiving in a season. His best season at Arkansas was his Sophomore year.

Whaley's first year was as follows:

602 yards rushing on 110 carries (5.5) for 3 TD's. 6 receptions for 139 yards (23.2) for 0 TD's.

As I recall everyone thought that Wingo was best utilized "in space" where we could get him the ball and he would have a chance to use his speed on the outside. Whaley runs right up the middle. Both were/are good at swing passes. Wingo ran tentatively between the tackles, I don't see Whaley doing that except as it fits our blocking scheme, looking for the cut back lane.

I can't see any way possible to compare the two. They are two different kinds of RB's who were/are utilized in completely different types of offensive philosophies.

And I don't think we have seen the best (by far) from Whaley yet. He'll be the next Arkansas RB to exceed 1,000 yards rushing.
Go Hogs Go!

daBoar

Quote from: swineology on August 13, 2017, 03:08:33 pm
Whaley did well as a freshman ........
This. RW3 had great vision; so we could miss that this year.  But, Whaley looked good last year, with plenty of speed and burst.

RaisinHog

Wow....When I think wingo I thing running scared ... I've never once thought that about Whaley..

Cinco de Hogo

My only concern about Whaley is that he stays healthy!   I'm not worried about he can or cannot do that will play out and we have backup that will gain experience as the season goes along.   However we do not need to lose another RB to injury.

As for Wingo, no comparison here but I'm still mystified by his career as a Razorback.

hobhog

I thnk coaches like his down hill running style, and if he can get in he secondary he will be going full boar. Williams will be a great help, and throw in a shifty scat back like Hayden and I thnk we are going to be good.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 13, 2017, 03:10:26 pm
Whaley, IMO, is not anywhere close to Wingo in terms of hesitation or dancing in the backfield.

This.

Deep Shoat

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Just when you think Hogville can't be any stupider...smdh
All Gas, No Brakes!

jst01

Yea I don't see the comparison. I would watch Wingo with frustration. I watched Whaley last year thinking "he's gonna be awesome"

Kevin

I think he will be our Emmitt smith
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Steef

First one that came up.

Devwah doesnt hesitate at the line, looking for a hole.

Ronnie did.

HamSammich

In a CBB offense you could rush for 4 yards a carry wizard. Worry about the linebackers. The running game is fine.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 13, 2017, 03:27:36 pm
I can't agree. Wiz you are actually comparing Whaley with Ronnie Wingo? Wingo produced for the following yards:

2009-319 yards rushing on 49 carries (6.51) for 3 TD's. 5 Receptions for 99 yards (19.7) for 1 TD.
2010-260 yards rushing on 41 carries (6.34) for 1 TD.  27 receptions for 274 yards (10.1) for 4 TD's.
2011-494 yards rushing on 104 carries (4.75) for 3 TD's. 20 receptions for 187 yards (9.35) for 2 TD's.
2012-59 yards rushing on 12 carries (4.9) for 1 TD. 7 receptions for 50 yards (7.1) for 1 TD.

Wingo's production went down the longer he played and never exceeded 500 yards rushing nor 300 yards receiving in a season. His best season at Arkansas was his Sophomore year.

Whaley's first year was as follows:

602 yards rushing on 110 carries (5.5) for 3 TD's. 6 receptions for 139 yards (23.2) for 0 TD's.

As I recall everyone thought that Wingo was best utilized "in space" where we could get him the ball and he would have a chance to use his speed on the outside. Whaley runs right up the middle. Both were/are good at swing passes. Wingo ran tentatively between the tackles, I don't see Whaley doing that except as it fits our blocking scheme, looking for the cut back lane.

I can't see any way possible to compare the two. They are two different kinds of RB's who were/are utilized in completely different types of offensive philosophies.

And I don't think we have seen the best (by far) from Whaley yet. He'll be the next Arkansas RB to exceed 1,000 yards rushing.

Great breakdown.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Wiz is saying they're similar backs.  I think he saying there's similarities in the expectations, ceiling, and probability to fall short like Wingo did.

Having stated the above, I think I do understand his perspective.

However, like you Muskogee, I don't agree with Wiz.  While Whaley may not reach his potential and become an exceptional/great back, I think he will be at least a very good one.  Wingo was never anything more than a gimmick and "give him 5 carries and maybe we'll get lucky" back.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

jkstock04

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on August 13, 2017, 04:32:57 pm
Great breakdown.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Wiz is saying they're similar backs.  I think he saying there's similarities in the expectations, ceiling, and probability to fall short like Wingo did.

However, like you Muskogee, I don't agree with Wiz.  While Whaley may not reach his potential and become an exceptional/great back, I think he will be at least a very good one.  Wingo was never anything more than a gimmick and "give him 5 carries and maybe we'll get lucky" back.
I saw flashes of greatness when I first saw Whaley carry the ball...his physicality, size, and speed were impressive to me from day one. I was never that impressed with Wingo...especially running between the tackles.

If this team "gets it going" it will be doing so with impressive feats from Whaley.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Athog

Wow! Totally disagree. I think Whaley is a 1000 + yard back that can wear a defense down. I think Whaley is made for this offense.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on August 13, 2017, 04:32:57 pm
Great breakdown.

I think they are different kinds of RB's. Whaley can run hard inside and has enough of a burst to take it to the house at times and he is an effective receiver when he gets the ball in space.

On top of that, if you want to play RB at Arkansas now, you better be prepared to pass block effectively. I don't think that I ever saw Wingo pick up a blitzing LB or DE while he was at Arkansas, but in all fairness, he may have and I missed it or maybe that just wasn't a part of his responsibilities when he was in, and he wasn't in on a regular basis.

Never thought of Wingo as being an inside runner and he never demonstrated that with any degree of regularity, that he was capable of running between the tackles, he hesitated too much and when and if he ever saw the crease develop, didn't seem to possess the quick burst to take advantage of that.

Now on the other hand, I saw Wingo make a lot of big plays when he was utilized properly and schemed in such a way that he was given opportunities with the ball in space. He had speed, just not a quick burst that benefits RB's who have to run between the tackles and have to spot the development of creases/holes and be able to take advantage of those. But hey, it's just an opinion.
Go Hogs Go!

ErieHog

Explosiveness and vision were there all year last year.  Are you sure you were watching Whaley?
No cause, ever, in the history of all mankind, has produced more cold-blooded tyrants, more slaughtered innocents, and more orphans than socialism with power. It surpassed, exponentially, all other systems of production in turning out the dead. The bodies are all around us. And here is the problem: No one talks about them. No one honors them. No one does penance for them. No one has committed suicide for having been an apologist for those who did this to them. No one pays for them. No one is hunted down to account for them. It is exactly what Solzhenitsyn foresaw in The Gulag Archipelago: "No, no one would have to answer. No one would be looked into." Until that happens, there is no "after socialism."

Mike Irwin

In the two scrimmages Whaley and Chase Hayden have looked good. The two Williams' (David & Maleek) not so much. David Williams is either one hell of a pass blocker or he's been doing great things in the workouts we don't get to see because in those two scrimmages he got nailed a lot. Bielema said he was trying too hard to make big plays out of nothing.

As for the guy in this thread who said worry about the linebackers, not the running backs, those linebackers have looked really, really good. Dre' Greenlaw was back yesterday and Bielema was bragging on him. Scoota Harris has been solid while Grant Morgan and Hayden Henry have been turning heads. The 3-4 sets up well for linebackers and so far they're taking advantage.

TrueBlue

At least 1300 yards this year from Devwah if he stays healthy.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: jkstock04 on August 13, 2017, 04:45:24 pm

I saw flashes of greatness when I first saw Whaley carry the ball...his physicality, size, and speed were impressive to me from day one. I was never that impressed with Wingo...especially running between the tackles.

If this team "gets it going" it will be doing so with impressive feats from Whaley.

Like you, I think Whaley will be an exceptional back for us.  I don't agree with Wiz.

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 13, 2017, 04:46:36 pm
I think they are different kinds of RB's. Whaley can run hard inside and has enough of a burst to take it to the house at times and he is an effective receiver when he gets the ball in space.

On top of that, if you want to play RB at Arkansas now, you better be prepared to pass block effectively. I don't think that I ever saw Wingo pick up a blitzing LB or DE while he was at Arkansas, but in all fairness, he may have and I missed it or maybe that just wasn't a part of his responsibilities when he was in, and he wasn't in on a regular basis.

Never thought of Wingo as being an inside runner and he never demonstrated with any degree of regularity, that he was capable of running between the tackles, he hesitated too much and when and if he ever saw the crease develop, didn't seem to possess the quick burst to take advantage of that.

Now on the other hand, I saw Wingo make a lot of big plays when he was utilized properly and schemed in such a way that he was given opportunities with the ball in space. He had speed, just not a quick burst that benefits RB's who have to run between the tackles and have to spot the development of creases/holes and be able to take advantage of those. But hey, it's just an opinion.

Again, I don't think Wiz was comparing the backs from a physical ability, style, and capability standpoint.

I agree, almost completely, with those defending Whaley and his abilities/future.

I guess Wiz has seen something that makes him think Whaley won't reach his potential.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on August 13, 2017, 05:01:52 pm
Whaley will be one of the razorback greats of all time before he leaves here. Get your popcorn ready.

I hope you're right, and I think he has the ability.
To do that though, we need to have a good if not very good OL with quality depth.
I have real doubts on this aspect of our team.
His response to me:

ErieHog

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on August 13, 2017, 05:05:03 pm
I hope you're right, and I think he has the ability.
To do that though, we need to have a good if not very good OL with quality depth.
I have real doubts on this aspect of our team.

The OL is much more troubling to me, as is the depth behind Whaley in the backfield.   Chase is doing a really good job at giving us a potential second option, at least, in fall practice.    Hopefully the OL will come along as well this year, or else it may be another long year.
No cause, ever, in the history of all mankind, has produced more cold-blooded tyrants, more slaughtered innocents, and more orphans than socialism with power. It surpassed, exponentially, all other systems of production in turning out the dead. The bodies are all around us. And here is the problem: No one talks about them. No one honors them. No one does penance for them. No one has committed suicide for having been an apologist for those who did this to them. No one pays for them. No one is hunted down to account for them. It is exactly what Solzhenitsyn foresaw in The Gulag Archipelago: "No, no one would have to answer. No one would be looked into." Until that happens, there is no "after socialism."

Poker_hog

The fat guy is very good at developing RBs, it's probably what he does best.  I expect a big jump from DW this year.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Science Fiction Greg

This thread is a perfect example of everyone being welcome to having an opinion, but not everyone being able to contribute valuable opinions.

Sheesh.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Headhog32

hawgfan4life

WOW! 

Devah Whaley's freshman year was full of highs and lows like most players, but he ran pretty well when he got his hands on the ball and the OL wasn't having a melt down.  Part of his problem was the opposing defenses starting teeing off on him when he came in early in the season because they figured he was getting the ball.  DW was NOT getting all of the same carries and holes to run through that the starter was getting.  Hence, he didn't look as good on some of those plays.  However, he ran very hard, demonstrated some pretty good vision, made some nice moves, and displayed some nice speed.  Some of you guys want to see our highly rated RBs dominate the game as a true freshman.  When Ronnie Wingo was here, fans kept clamoring for him to get more touches and play more.  Now fans are criticizing a little used true freshman for being the next less than great RB.

RW III ran very timid at the beginning of the season last year.  Considering what he was overcoming, it was understandable.  I got hammered for stating he wasn't getting the yards after contact he needed to get and had gotten as a FR.  I NEVER said he was going to keep doing that and would be a career underachiever.  I NEVER saw anything from DW that scared me other than blowing his blocking assignments.  That is common for a FR and he was joined with an entire OL front that couldn't ever seem to figure out their blocking assignments as well.

I predict you are wrong if he stays healthy.

fieldturf

From what I see in CH, he can give us the best chance to break open a game with big plays.  Chase needs handle the rock 15-20 times a game.

longpig

Whaley's the guy this season, deservedly so.  Anything less and we'd all know about it. 

Don't be scared, be smart.

jjdlc

Can not wait for the season to start, so people can actually have something to gripe about instead of making darn up.

upperdeck_hawg

Whaley will be a serviceble SEC back. Heres how I would grade him in comparison with some of our recent rrbs. DMac-once in a lifetime. Felix and Knile - elite. Alex and JWill - great SEC rbs. Rawleigh Williams- good SEC back. Whaley-serviceable SEC back. Whaley has a chance to go up one notch this year based on more carries but I just don't see the explosiveness or moves to advance him to a great SEC back. 
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

carolinahogger

I'm far from an expert, but I thought Whaley looked better running the ball than RWIII last season.  He ran with power and speed, and used his blockers well.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: fieldturf on August 13, 2017, 05:40:42 pm
From what I see in CH, he can give us the best chance to break open a game with big plays.  Chase needs handle the rock 15-20 times a game.

That's just unrealistic unless an injury occurs (heaven forbid) to Whaley. Plus, as good as Chase Hayden may be, he is still a true freshman and every true freshman has a learning curve. He may be well ahead of the curve, but putting too much on him too early may serve him less well than allowing him to come along and develop with fewer touches and allowing the game to come to him, rather than forcing it upon him.
Go Hogs Go!

Smalltownhog95

I think Whaley will be the most explosive back we've had since McFadden/Jones. No knock on AC or Jwill. They
wore the defense down with long drives. I think whaley will break away and take a few carries to the house this year.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

upperdeck_hawg

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on August 13, 2017, 06:33:58 pm
I think Whaley will be the most explosive back we've had since McFadden/Jones. No knock on AC or Jwill. They
wore the defense down with long drives. I think whaley will break away and take a few carries to the house this year.

Knile Davis?
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

reds10

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on August 13, 2017, 06:03:52 pm
Whaley will be a serviceble SEC back. Heres how I would grade him in comparison with some of our recent rrbs. DMac-once in a lifetime. Felix and Knile - elite. Alex and JWill - great SEC rbs. Rawleigh Williams- good SEC back. Whaley-serviceable SEC back. Whaley has a chance to go up one notch this year based on more carries but I just don't see the explosiveness or moves to advance him to a great SEC back. 

Alex was elite.  It still amazes me how underappreciated Alex was.  He stats put him in rare company.  And his vision was some of the best, if not the best, we've ever seen at Arkansas.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on August 13, 2017, 06:40:03 pm
Knile Davis?

Knile was good, but he would have been even better in this offensive philosophy. This is (when executed properly) a RB's style of offense, that provides enough passing to keep the defense from zeroing in on loading up to stop the run, because they have to lay back to protect against the pass, and keeps the defense off balance.
Go Hogs Go!

King Kong

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on August 13, 2017, 06:40:03 pm
Knile Davis?

Our last break away threat at RB. Hayden appears to be ready to change that

kingt

I agree with Wizard. No I am not a collegiate coach but I watch a ton of football. Some players pop at you on film and Whaley doesn't. I think he will be a good college back but not a star. You guys need to understand that a guy can rush for 1,300 yds and still not be considered a star. Like stated above go back and watch films of J-will and Collins during their freshman seasons and look at the differences. It's more about running styles and they have NFL running styles compared to Whaley. After watching Whaley's HS film I saw that his style might not translate to star potential more so than quality back potential. The only RB I can honestly say I was wrong about was Fournette, he didn't blow me away as a freshman on film but he took his game to another level the next 2 seasons.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Just to help the OP because doesn't seem to know one from the other.

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: kingt on August 13, 2017, 07:40:47 pm
I agree with Wizard. No I am not a collegiate coach but I watch a ton of football. Some players pop at you on film and Whaley doesn't. I think he will be a good college back but not a star. You guys need to understand that a guy can rush for 1,300 yds and still not be considered a star. Like stated above go back and watch films of J-will and Collins during their freshman seasons and look at the differences. It's more about running styles and they have NFL running styles compared to Whaley. After watching Whaley's HS film I saw that his style might not translate to star potential more so than quality back potential. The only RB I can honestly say I was wrong about was Fournette, he didn't blow me away as a freshman on film but he took his game to another level the next 2 seasons.

That says it all.

You are imminently qualified to evaluate Div I RB's over the ability of our staff, who have how many years of combined experience?
Go Hogs Go!

PorkRinds

I have a feeling after that first game dumb darn like this post won't be a big issue. Whaley will shut down the haters.

kingt

MuskeegoHogFan what if I told you I was a former HS coach 🤔🤔