Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by STLhawg on 13 Aug 2017
  • http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/aug/12/depth-chart-second-fall-scrimmage/

Congrats FOTH!  I know it's unofficial, but I bet it is still cool to see him on the chart (third for RT).
  • #2 by ChitownHawg on 13 Aug 2017
  • Congrats Dad!
  • #3 by IronMountainHog on 13 Aug 2017
  • Really sad to not see Will Gragg even listed on the 5 deep at TE. It's  getting to the point
    where I doubt he ever sees significant playing time in his career here.
  • #4 by Mike_e on 13 Aug 2017
  • Congrats FOTH, I don't know if I could stand myself if I had a kid on the depth chart.  ;)
  • #5 by Bacons Rebellion on 13 Aug 2017
  • Great! Congrats!
  • #6 by FANONTHEHILL on 13 Aug 2017
  • We were glad to see Cooper get some quality time yesterday.  Families were able to go in at noon and see about an hour of work before the Media and fans were let in.  He did well.  As far as the depth chart, although we're glad to see it in print, it's a Media depth chart.  I've said in several different threads that the OL depth chart is not a true depth chart.  Coach Anderson came from the NFL.  He had 8-9 Olineman dressed on Sunday.  It's a similar situation here.  There is a starting five, but then there's the next 3-4 guys up.  That is why guys like Jake Raulerson are so critical.  He's a Swiss Army knife.  He can do anything, in any spot.  (Jake was dinged up yesterday, so Cooper slid into the chart as guys moved up). In my opinion, there's Jake and then Rogers, Ramirez, and Merrick.  Those are the guys you'll see out there unless its mop up duty.  Rogers can play center and both guards.  Paul and Jaylen can play guard and tackle. 

My biggest hope for the OL is now that there is some depth, player development can allow kids to red shirt and develop.  If you look back, Kirkland, Skipper, Ragnow, and Rogers were all forced in to duty as true freshman.  This group that came in this year, Clenin, Wagner, Adcock, and Clary have the potential to be one of the best "same recruiting class" offensive lines that we've ever seen.  They are very talented. I know they want to be on the field, but that year on development/scout team going against our #1 defense could take them to an unprecedented level.  Cooper hopes, of course, to get into the rotation and see game time, but he's told me that if isn't put in that position, his job will be to lead the scout team OL as a redshirt sophomore and get these freshman ready for 2018 and beyond.
  • #7 by southeasthog on 13 Aug 2017
  • We were glad to see Cooper get some quality time yesterday.  Families were able to go in at noon and see about an hour of work before the Media and fans were let in.  He did well.  As far as the depth chart, although we're glad to see it in print, it's a Media depth chart.  I've said in several different threads that the OL depth chart is not a true depth chart.  Coach Anderson came from the NFL.  He had 8-9 Olineman dressed on Sunday.  It's a similar situation here.  There is a starting five, but then there's the next 3-4 guys up.  That is why guys like Jake Raulerson are so critical.  He's a Swiss Army knife.  He can do anything, in any spot.  (Jake was dinged up yesterday, so Cooper slid into the chart as guys moved up). In my opinion, there's Jake and then Rogers, Ramirez, and Merrick.  Those are the guys you'll see out there unless its mop up duty.  Rogers can play center and both guards.  Paul and Jaylen can play guard and tackle. 

My biggest hope for the OL is now that there is some depth, player development can allow kids to red shirt and develop.  If you look back, Kirkland, Skipper, Ragnow, and Rogers were all forced in to duty as true freshman.  This group that came in this year, Clenin, Wagner, Adcock, and Clary have the potential to be one of the best "same recruiting class" offensive lines that we've ever seen.  They are very talented. I know they want to be on the field, but that year on development/scout team going against our #1 defense could take them to an unprecedented level.  Cooper hopes, of course, to get into the rotation and see game time, but he's told me that if isn't put in that position, his job will be to lead the scout team OL as a redshirt sophomore and get these freshman ready for 2018 and beyond.

Awesome. Seems as though you have raised a great kid.
  • #8 by Uberanubis on 13 Aug 2017
  • Really sad to not see Will Gragg even listed on the 5 deep at TE. It's  getting to the point
    where I doubt he ever sees significant playing time in his career here.

im not saying this is the reason, but i believe i had read that Gragg had a concision. might keep him off the depth chart temporarily.
  • #9 by Pig in the Pokey on 13 Aug 2017
  • Gragg had a TD yesterday.
  • #10 by Hawk on 13 Aug 2017
  • As I understand it, Will has been sidelined with a concussion.
  • #11 by PharmacistHog on 13 Aug 2017

• im not saying this is the reason, but i believe i had read that Gragg had a concision. might keep him off the depth chart temporarily.

That sounds really painful.
  • #12 by ricepig on 13 Aug 2017
  • That sounds really painful.

The first cut is the deepest......
  • #13 by Hawgey-Davidson on 13 Aug 2017
  • If you guys have the 2017 media guide, check out the last page. Fall Academic Honor Roll member in 2016. Thought this absolutely deserved to be mentioned as well. FOTH, congrats x 2. #Uncommon. Ya'll raised a good one.
  • #14 by factchecker on 13 Aug 2017
  • If you guys have the 2017 media guide, check out the last page. Fall Academic Honor Roll member in 2016. Thought this absolutely deserved to be mentioned as well. FOTH, congrats x 2. #Uncommon. Ya'll raised a good one.

Have they sent out the media guide?

I know they have it online but I haven't received mine yet.
  • #15 by searkhogfan on 13 Aug 2017
  • The first cut is the deepest......

It was known as "circumcidere" (to cut around)...   :'(
  • #16 by (notOM)Rebel123 on 13 Aug 2017
  • It was known as "circumcidere" (to cut around)...   :'(

Boy, talk about a soft tissue injury....😧
  • #17 by VirginiaHog on 13 Aug 2017
  • Have they sent out the media guide?

I know they have it online but I haven't received mine yet.
    I haven't gotten mine yet either.
  • #18 by Danimal on 13 Aug 2017
  • I haven't gotten mine yet either.
    Same here.
  • #19 by factchecker on 13 Aug 2017
  • #20 by onebadrubi on 13 Aug 2017
  • Nm
  • #21 by FANONTHEHILL on 13 Aug 2017

Thanks Hawgey.  He's done really well in the classroom.  Only 1 B so far after 2 years.  He's got a 3.9 and should complete 2 bachelors degrees (political science and history) by Christmas of 2018, his red shirt junior year.  Apparently he inherited that part from mom. If he earns a football scholarship he'll comeback for a fifth year.  If not, he will be done as a player.  His Chancellor's scholarship ends as soon as he gets a bachelors. He's in the prelaw track, but loves everything about the game.  I wouldn't be surprised if he goes into coaching and looks for a GA position somewhere when he's done.
Pages:
Actions