Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cooper on the depth chart

Started by STLhawg, August 13, 2017, 01:03:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

STLhawg

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/aug/12/depth-chart-second-fall-scrimmage/

Congrats FOTH!  I know it's unofficial, but I bet it is still cool to see him on the chart (third for RT).

ChitownHawg

PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

IronMountainHog

Really sad to not see Will Gragg even listed on the 5 deep at TE. It's  getting to the point
where I doubt he ever sees significant playing time in his career here.

Mike_e

Congrats FOTH, I don't know if I could stand myself if I had a kid on the depth chart.  ;)
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Bacons Rebellion

FANONTHEHILL

August 13, 2017, 06:55:20 am #5 Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 07:23:33 am by FANONTHEHILL
We were glad to see Cooper get some quality time yesterday.  Families were able to go in at noon and see about an hour of work before the Media and fans were let in.  He did well.  As far as the depth chart, although we're glad to see it in print, it's a Media depth chart.  I've said in several different threads that the OL depth chart is not a true depth chart.  Coach Anderson came from the NFL.  He had 8-9 Olineman dressed on Sunday.  It's a similar situation here.  There is a starting five, but then there's the next 3-4 guys up.  That is why guys like Jake Raulerson are so critical.  He's a Swiss Army knife.  He can do anything, in any spot.  (Jake was dinged up yesterday, so Cooper slid into the chart as guys moved up). In my opinion, there's Jake and then Rogers, Ramirez, and Merrick.  Those are the guys you'll see out there unless its mop up duty.  Rogers can play center and both guards.  Paul and Jaylen can play guard and tackle. 

My biggest hope for the OL is now that there is some depth, player development can allow kids to red shirt and develop.  If you look back, Kirkland, Skipper, Ragnow, and Rogers were all forced in to duty as true freshman.  This group that came in this year, Clenin, Wagner, Adcock, and Clary have the potential to be one of the best "same recruiting class" offensive lines that we've ever seen.  They are very talented. I know they want to be on the field, but that year on development/scout team going against our #1 defense could take them to an unprecedented level.  Cooper hopes, of course, to get into the rotation and see game time, but he's told me that if isn't put in that position, his job will be to lead the scout team OL as a redshirt sophomore and get these freshman ready for 2018 and beyond.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

southeasthog

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on August 13, 2017, 06:55:20 am
We were glad to see Cooper get some quality time yesterday.  Families were able to go in at noon and see about an hour of work before the Media and fans were let in.  He did well.  As far as the depth chart, although we're glad to see it in print, it's a Media depth chart.  I've said in several different threads that the OL depth chart is not a true depth chart.  Coach Anderson came from the NFL.  He had 8-9 Olineman dressed on Sunday.  It's a similar situation here.  There is a starting five, but then there's the next 3-4 guys up.  That is why guys like Jake Raulerson are so critical.  He's a Swiss Army knife.  He can do anything, in any spot.  (Jake was dinged up yesterday, so Cooper slid into the chart as guys moved up). In my opinion, there's Jake and then Rogers, Ramirez, and Merrick.  Those are the guys you'll see out there unless its mop up duty.  Rogers can play center and both guards.  Paul and Jaylen can play guard and tackle. 

My biggest hope for the OL is now that there is some depth, player development can allow kids to red shirt and develop.  If you look back, Kirkland, Skipper, Ragnow, and Rogers were all forced in to duty as true freshman.  This group that came in this year, Clenin, Wagner, Adcock, and Clary have the potential to be one of the best "same recruiting class" offensive lines that we've ever seen.  They are very talented. I know they want to be on the field, but that year on development/scout team going against our #1 defense could take them to an unprecedented level.  Cooper hopes, of course, to get into the rotation and see game time, but he's told me that if isn't put in that position, his job will be to lead the scout team OL as a redshirt sophomore and get these freshman ready for 2018 and beyond.

Awesome. Seems as though you have raised a great kid.

Uberanubis

Quote from: IronMountainHog on August 13, 2017, 06:17:08 am
Really sad to not see Will Gragg even listed on the 5 deep at TE. It's  getting to the point
where I doubt he ever sees significant playing time in his career here.
im not saying this is the reason, but i believe i had read that Gragg had a concision. might keep him off the depth chart temporarily.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Hawk

As I understand it, Will has been sidelined with a concussion.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Uberanubis on August 13, 2017, 08:30:51 am

im not saying this is the reason, but i believe i had read that Gragg had a concision. might keep him off the depth chart temporarily.

That sounds really painful.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on Yesterday at 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

ricepig

Hawgey-Davidson

If you guys have the 2017 media guide, check out the last page. Fall Academic Honor Roll member in 2016. Thought this absolutely deserved to be mentioned as well. FOTH, congrats x 2. #Uncommon. Ya'll raised a good one.

factchecker

Quote from: Hawgey-Davidson on August 13, 2017, 11:06:41 am
If you guys have the 2017 media guide, check out the last page. Fall Academic Honor Roll member in 2016. Thought this absolutely deserved to be mentioned as well. FOTH, congrats x 2. #Uncommon. Ya'll raised a good one.

Have they sent out the media guide?

I know they have it online but I haven't received mine yet.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

searkhogfan

Quote from: ricepig on August 13, 2017, 10:13:18 am
The first cut is the deepest......

It was known as "circumcidere" (to cut around)...   :'(

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: searkhogfan on August 13, 2017, 12:31:07 pm
It was known as "circumcidere" (to cut around)...   :'(

Boy, talk about a soft tissue injury....😧
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

VirginiaHog

Quote from: factchecker on August 13, 2017, 11:29:27 am
Have they sent out the media guide?

I know they have it online but I haven't received mine yet.
I haven't gotten mine yet either.

Danimal

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

onebadrubi

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: Hawgey-Davidson on August 13, 2017, 11:06:41 am

Thanks Hawgey.  He's done really well in the classroom.  Only 1 B so far after 2 years.  He's got a 3.9 and should complete 2 bachelors degrees (political science and history) by Christmas of 2018, his red shirt junior year.  Apparently he inherited that part from mom. If he earns a football scholarship he'll comeback for a fifth year.  If not, he will be done as a player.  His Chancellor's scholarship ends as soon as he gets a bachelors. He's in the prelaw track, but loves everything about the game.  I wouldn't be surprised if he goes into coaching and looks for a GA position somewhere when he's done.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015