Arkansas Must Start 5-0 Heading into Tuscaloosa

Started by EulessHog, August 12, 2017, 06:37:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

EulessHog

Go Hogs Go!

sowmonella

Quote from: EulessHog on August 12, 2017, 06:37:42 pm
If not, we're all screwed. 

Speak for yourself. 4-1 with a W over A&M would be a decent start.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

NuttinItUp

Dominicanhog

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

hawgdavis

I think 5-0 is very doable. Why is everyone so negative. What is so poor about the team that so many on here believe we can't win every game save maybe Bama and at some point we will pick them off. TCU is pissed off about last year oooh I'm scared ,so that means a loss, BS. We can't beat Auburn cause Gus's there ,some even predicting a loss to Ole Miss, wow. We can't beat LSU cause they have a new coach (handled them pretty well over the last 5 games ) ,BS. Can't beat SC cause they are up and coming, they have a proven loser  as a coach,

I just don't get some of the folks on here this board , ready to throw in the towel and we haven't even played our 1st game.

I mean really did I miss something like we had to sign the intramural team or something. I think we have as good of players as anyone and think the sky is the limit for this team.

I would hate to know a bunch of the folks on here personally cause from what I have seen on here over the years there are some really miserable human beings that post here. Many I would put on suicide watch after the 1st negative play from scrimmage or have to put the players in protective custody if they make a mistake.

It boggles the mind and I know I'm not the only one here that has to feel this way, good grief grow some balls people.

VirginiaHog

No one is against us being 5-0. People are against the op saying if we aren't 5-0 we are all screwed.

EulessHog

Quote from: VirginiaHog on August 12, 2017, 08:22:43 pm
No one is against us being 5-0. People are against the op saying if we aren't 5-0 we are all screwed.

My reasoning is simple.  We've had all off season to think about how poorly we finished last year.  We even have an off week before ATM. 

The coaching staff is mostly intact.  After all, this is basically the same staff responsible for the historic Auburn loss.   

Injuries happen. Bielema happens.  This is the year we see what he is made of.
Go Hogs Go!

TeufelHog

I happen to agree with EulessHog to an extent.  I expect TCU to be a good test, but the Hogs should pull it off in front of a home crowd . . . fans need to bring the noise.  If we do not beat aTm this year with two weeks to prep, I'm going to be extremely pissed and disappointed in this staff.  Undefeated going into Bama is very possible . . . unless we have 25 MORE FOOT INJURIES.

HamSammich

That's pretty darn bold. I like it. I don't think I'll be screwed though.

bennyl08

Quote from: VirginiaHog on August 12, 2017, 08:22:43 pm

This.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

EulessHog

Quote from: HamSammich on August 12, 2017, 09:01:49 pm
That's pretty darn bold. I like it. I don't think I'll be screwed though.

If we can't handle the early competition, we go 6 and 6 or 7 and 5 at best... likely worse. 

The Bielema love story falls apart. Morale in the Arkansas fan base goes through the pooper.

I'll be honest.  I hope we get 9 wins and Bielema becomes more marketable.  He might leave for a pro job.  We could be like Wisconsin II.
Go Hogs Go!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: EulessHog on August 12, 2017, 09:14:32 pm
If we can't handle the early competition, we go 6 and 6 or 7 and 5 at best... likely worse. 

The Bielema love story falls apart. Morale in the Arkansas fan base goes through the pooper.

I'll be honest.  I hope we get 9 wins and Bielema becomes more marketable.  He might leave for a pro job.  We could be like Wisconsin II.

If the members of this site are fair representatives of the fanbase, then I don't think you understand the fanbase. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

bennyl08

If we go 5-0 to start the season, then the odds of us winning 10 games goes up quite a bit. If we go 4-1, we are still exactly on the expected pace for a 9-3 season. So, certainly not screwed by any normal definition. If we go 3-2, then things start looking bleaker and we are probably going to only win 6-7 games.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

EulessHog

You are right. 

That, however, remains my opinion.  I'm not really concerned that much with what people on this board may think of me or what they think of you. 

I just have such a bitter taste in my mouth with the way we lost lost last year.  The schedule gets tough after ATM.

Go Hogs Go!

Hogginintheville

Quote from: EulessHog on August 12, 2017, 08:39:52 pm
My reasoning is simple.  We've had all off season to think about how poorly we finished last year.  We even have an off week before ATM. 

The coaching staff is mostly intact.  After all, this is basically the same staff responsible for the historic Auburn loss.   

True the coaching staff is mostly intact except for the DC that was primarily responsible for that historic loss to Auburn.

dh027

I think 4-1 is very doable.  Florida A&M, New Mexico State, and South Carolina are instawins, and I say they win either TCU or A&M.  If they have an improvement in both the offensive and defensive lines this year, they could easily go 9-3 before a bowl.  I just wish the bye week was further along in the schedule.

Ben

Knowing Arkansas under Bielema, we would go 5-0 and still end up 7-5
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

Hogginintheville

Quote from: Ben on August 12, 2017, 10:03:59 pm
Knowing Arkansas under Bielema, we would go 5-0 and still end up 7-5

Last year was an outliner he is Sumlin.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Starting 5-0 would be outstanding. Great chance at 8 wins with the last two very winnable home games.

Fan1958

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 12, 2017, 09:17:09 pm
If the members of this site are fair representatives of the fanbase, then I don't think you understand the fanbase.

21,000 "members" on this site and most have some sort of warped view of the program but it's like this miniscule portion of the "fan base" speaks for the entirety of same.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hogginintheville on August 12, 2017, 09:54:14 pm
True the coaching staff is mostly intact except for the DC that was primarily responsible for that historic loss to Auburn.
we only scored 3 points.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Calling All Hogs

About time someone posted the annual we should be 5-0 heading into the Bama game thread.

wildhogman

Quote from: EulessHog on August 12, 2017, 09:42:03 pm
You are right. 

That, however, remains my opinion.  I'm not really concerned that much with what people on this board may think of me or what they think of you. 

I just have such a bitter taste in my mouth with the way we lost lost last year.  The schedule gets tough after ATM.

everyone else schedule gets a lot tougher to. Of our games, Tam plays UCLA and 2 cupcakes before us.
SC plays Miss, UK, cupcake, aTm before us. Loses to Miss and Uk and their seaon may already be wreacked.
Bama getsVandy ole piss and aTm before us and Tenn after. Talk about a trap game.  They detest olPiss and upstart aTm, and Tenn is almost as big a rival as Aubbie
Aubbie, we will be their 8th game straight, a strect that includes Clemson, Missou, MsSt, ol piss, LSU. Think they wil be fresh and ready to roll?
Ol piss. as if they didn't have enough troubles. they get Bama,Aubbie,vandy,LSU before us

LSU plays several tough games, and then Bama the week before us
MsSt gets vandy UK and a cup cke and then Bama before us
Missou will have played Florida Tenn and the rest of the east before our end of year meeting.
So you see, nothing gets easy for anyone in this league. But the way the schedule sets up should favor us in several games just based on the beating the team might take in the weeks prior to playing us. 
Don't ya just love football season

SRV

5-0 sounds great, but 4-1 and a screwing doesn't sound too bad either.
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

greasy_corner

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on August 12, 2017, 11:07:54 pm
About time someone posted the annual we should be 5-0 heading into the Bama game thread.

Indeed.  Thank you usElessHog.

alohawg

Quote from: EulessHog on August 12, 2017, 08:39:52 pm

Again
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Mike_e

About the only way I'm screwed before the bama game is if I take my wife to dinner and a movie the night before.

That's OK though, after 30 years of putting up with me...
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

ricepig

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on August 12, 2017, 11:07:54 pm

Well, just wait until Sept 1st, someone will post we'll be 6-0 after Bama!!

Al Boarland

Quote from: hawgdavis on August 12, 2017, 08:18:48 pm
I think we have as good of players as anyone and think the sky is the limit for this team.

Based on what?

DoctorSusscrofa

We aren't screwed if we're 4-1 going into Bama.  But 5-0 is POSSIBLE. And 3-2 is possible.  We are screwed if we're 2-3 or worse.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

NuttinItUp

Quote from: bigalphahawg on August 12, 2017, 11:57:03 pm
5-0 sounds great, but 4-1 and a screwing doesn't sound too bad either.

I'd give up a loss to get screwed, depending on how hot she is.

elksnort

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 12, 2017, 09:19:00 pm
If we go 5-0 to start the season, then the odds of us winning 10 games goes up quite a bit. If we go 4-1, we are still exactly on the expected pace for a 9-3 season. So, certainly not screwed by any normal definition. If we go 3-2, then things start looking bleaker and we are probably going to only win 6-7 games.
This is a good take on the situation I think.

wildhogman

Quote from: Al Boarland on August 13, 2017, 06:55:54 am
Based on what?
Based purely on his love of all things razorback. The same love many of us have. It gives us hope.  You wanna pooh-pooh present players be my guest. Its football season. Either you have hope, or you might as well go play golf. You could become an Aubbie or bama fan. 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: EulessHog on August 12, 2017, 06:37:42 pm
Totally B.S.! Sorry, while it would certainly be very nice to start out with this record, just to assume that IF we don't the whole rest of the season is "screwed" is baloney. No doubt last year's finish was a disappointment (disaster); however, to ASSUME that this season's ending would necessarily be the same is total bunk. There are several very winnable games after the first month of the season. Obviously the key will be actually doing so. And at this point I'm obviously NOT going to assume that we can't/won't merely because of last year's finish.

lumphog

6 - 0 .........BOOK IT DANO  ;) Bama goes DOWN!!!!!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on August 13, 2017, 11:30:27 am
Totally B.S.! Sorry, while it would certainly be very nice to start out with this record, just to assume that IF we don't the whole rest of the season is "screwed" is baloney. No doubt last year's finish was a disappointment (disaster); however, to ASSUME that this season's ending would necessarily be the same is total bunk. There are several very winnable games after the first month of the season. Obviously the key will be actually doing so. And at this point I'm obviously NOT going to assume that we can't/won't merely because of last year's finish.

I agree, we do not have to be 5-0 heading to Tuscaloosa. Crazy to even think that. Now if we are 3-2, I might think we have more problems than I originally thought we had, but even a 3-2 record at that point doesn't mean that we are screwed.
Go Hogs Go!

GuvHog

Quote from: lumphog on August 13, 2017, 11:32:59 am

I'd take that in a heart beat......but I don't see it happening. I do see the Hogs starting the season 5-0 though.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

GoHogzzGo

Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: TeufelHog on August 12, 2017, 08:51:53 pm
I happen to agree with EulessHog to an extent.  I expect TCU to be a good test, but the Hogs should pull it off in front of a home crowd . . . fans need to bring the noise.  If we do not beat aTm this year with two weeks to prep, I'm going to be extremely pissed and disappointed in this staff.  Undefeated going into Bama is very possible . . . unless we have 25 MORE FOOT INJURIES.

We cannot overlook TCU--they've been a very good program for several years. I think we're better, but I thought we were better than Texas Tech when they came to Fayetteville. Lesson learned.

Then comes A&M--if we lose to them again, I'll share the same feelings TeufelHog. I hate the Aggies.

The 2 smaller non-conf games--should be W's, but can you say Toledo? (And I know, they have several players off that team playing in the NFL). But still, Toledo? It can happen. Lesson learned.

Which beings me to South Carolina. If/when we go there at 4-0, we need to play some good ball. That means no letdowns after beating A&M, and no looking ahead to the great and powerful Alabama. I don't know much about SC, but it smells like a trap game.

4-1 at that point sounds good, but I absolutely hate the thought of who the "1" would be. I'd want it to be anyone but the Ags.

prattville pig

Life's too short to last long.

gchamblee

Quote from: EulessHog on August 12, 2017, 09:14:32 pm

I'll be honest. Nothing you said is true.

GuvHog

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on August 13, 2017, 01:35:03 pm
We cannot overlook TCU--they've been a very good program for several years. I think we're better, but I thought we were better than Texas Tech when they came to Fayetteville. Lesson learned.

Then comes A&M--if we lose to them again, I'll share the same feelings TeufelHog. I hate the Aggies.

The 2 smaller non-conf games--should be W's, but can you say Toledo? (And I know, they have several players off that team playing in the NFL). But still, Toledo? It can happen. Lesson learned.

Which beings me to South Carolina. If/when we go there at 4-0, we need to play some good ball. That means no letdowns after beating A&M, and no looking ahead to the great and powerful Alabama. I don't know much about SC, but it smells like a trap game.

4-1 at that point sounds good, but I absolutely hate the thought of who the "1" would be. I'd want it to be anyone but the Ags.

The fans can over look anyone they want to but after what happened in the last 2 games last year, The Hog players and coaches won't be overlooking anyone.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: GuvHog on August 13, 2017, 01:40:47 pm
The fans can over look anyone they want to but after what happened in the last 2 games last year, The Hog players and coaches won't be overlooking anyone.

Good point (fans' thoughts), and I hope you're right about the players and coaches, and what they learned. If I feel like those 2 season-ending losses may be the worst I'd ever seen (at least consecutively, and because they were carbon copies of each other) I would think the people who really matter would as well.

nchogg

Quote from: lumphog on August 13, 2017, 11:32:59 am
Like this and I don't care what anyone says I plan on us being 6-0 after Bama. It's time to get over the hump. Either way I love my hogs.

GRIMMHOG

Not sure why we are screwed if we lose a game. 6 wins is average anything above is gravy.
Embrace the Pain

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Arkansas Must Start 12-0 Heading into The Superbowl.

No wait, make that 13-0.  Errrrr...14-0.  15, 16, make that 19-0.  47-0!!!
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

fieldturf

August 13, 2017, 05:16:25 pm #49 Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 05:34:13 pm by fieldturf
We'll be 1-1 going into NMS.  Bugula better not overlook the aggies.