Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Must Start 5-0 Heading into Tuscaloosa

Started by EulessHog, August 12, 2017, 06:37:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nwahogfan1

I love the sound of 5-0.  TCU is a 50/50 game but we play them at home.  We need this game. 

A&M is almost a 50/50 game.  I guess they will be favored by 6 or so but we need this game.  We have a bye week right before this game and so if no injuries we really do not have many excuses.  I am tried of losing to A&M in the 4th quarter after playing them to a draw or us being a head  for 3 quarters.

We owe them. 

ricepig

Quote from: fieldturf on August 13, 2017, 05:16:25 pm
We'll be 1-1 going into NMS.  Bugula better not overlook the lobo's.

That will be our 4th game, are we canceling one of the first three?

Headhog32

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on August 13, 2017, 05:26:38 pm
I love the sound of 5-0.  TCU is a 50/50 game but we play them at home.  We need this game. 

A&M is almost a 50/50 game.  I guess they will be favored by 6 or so but we need this game.  We have a bye week right before this game and so if no injuries we really do not have many excuses.  I am tried of losing to A&M in the 4th quarter after playing them to a draw or us being a head  for 3 quarters.

We owe them.  I think this is our year against A&M

fieldturf

Quote from: ricepig on August 13, 2017, 05:28:36 pm
That will be our 4th game, are we canceling one of the first three?

Oh yea forgot we play aggies back to back.  Well after 4 games we prolly be 2-2.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: fieldturf on August 13, 2017, 05:33:41 pm
Oh yea forgot we play aggies back to back.  Well after 4 games we prolly be 2-2.

You are more of a fan of who the coach is, than a fan of the Razorbacks.
Go Hogs Go!

Stewhog 11

We should be undefeated going into FAMU or we're really screwed.

Al Boarland

Quote from: nchogg on August 13, 2017, 03:22:02 pm
Like this and I don't care what anyone says I plan on us being 6-0 after Bama. It's time to get over the hump. Either way I love my hogs.

I've heard the team has to bama game circled. That should gives all the extra we need to pull out a W. Circling a game is all powerful.

AirWarren

I commend your trolling. Way to get em fired up.

ricepig

Quote from: Al Boarland on August 14, 2017, 06:19:16 am
I've heard the team has to bama game circled. That should gives all the extra we need to pull out a W. Circling a game is all powerful.

Yep, I've heard TCU has circled their game against us.........

HotlantaHog

TCU, Texas A&M and South Carolina are all games that look like they will be rated close to being tossups.

Win two of three and Hogs are 4-1. Win all three and Hogs are 5-0. Lose two of three or all three and it'll be looking like another lost season ending in a mediocre bowl.

FraggleHog

Calling the Hogs from DFW

VBCHog

I agree that we have to start 5-0 going into Bama because of the fact that A&M has beat us the last 5 years. This never happened in the SWC and Bobby Motorcycle beat them 3 in a row. We need to beat them and continue to recruit heavily in Dallas and get more top-rated prospects from the Houston area. Beating A&M is crucial to do this.

hogsanity

Quote from: EulessHog on August 12, 2017, 08:39:52 pm
My reasoning is simple.  We've had all off season to think about how poorly we finished last year.  We even have an off week before ATM. 

The coaching staff is mostly intact.  After all, this is basically the same staff responsible for the historic Auburn loss.   

Injuries happen. Bielema happens.  This is the year we see what he is made of.

Do people not have lives? If they have sat around all off season thinking about how last season ended I guess they don't.

Some of the dramatic posts here are laughable.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

If we are 5-0 going into Bama, they we got a decent team as we should have and a little bit of luck which we can only hope for.  Again, its the Big Dog thing.  If we intend to run with them, we really need to be 5-0 at that point.  The typical season won't be ruined if we are 3-2.  Its just a big letdown for me.  Clearly showing we cannot beat the teams most of us feel we should beat more often than not. 

Win or lose, I would love to see us giving what we got, no folding, no ignorant mishaps, no need for the sunshiners being forced to stay up suffering late nights on end making up excuses for us.  If we play our rears off and A&M beats us, then we are likely not as good as they are.  I want to see us play our very best and let the W/L take care of themselves.  We haven't done that in at least 5 years.