Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fumble in Baltimore game

Started by Potosihog, August 12, 2017, 04:05:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Potosihog

If they call it like that all season I will lose my mind.  If that wasn't a catch and fumble I don't know what one is.  He caught the ball, hurdled a defender, then fumble when h got hit.

Before long the rule will state "the player must control and possess the ball for 5 yards or more."

Rediculous interpretation of the rules.

Rant over

clutch

Quote from: Potosihog on August 12, 2017, 04:05:48 pm
If they call it like that all season I will lose my mind.  If that wasn't a catch and fumble I don't know what one is.  He caught the ball, hurdled a defender, then fumble when h got hit.

Before long the rule will state "the player must control and possess the ball for 5 yards or more."

Rediculous interpretation of the rules.

Rant over

It's pretty much 5 yards as it is now. The "football move" that they look for usually takes about 5 yards to make.

Wish they had a better way to determine a catch.

rljjr

Referees have to get in season form as well. I don't see how it wasn't a catch, but I think they get more right than wrong. Clearly missed it though.

longpig

The refs make big misses every preseason,  getting a lot more of the calls right this year than last.  That's a tough job and it takes a while for them to get up to speed just like it does the players. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

EastexHawg

Quote from: longpig on August 13, 2017, 12:28:52 pm
The refs make big misses every preseason,  getting a lot more of the calls right this year than last.  That's a tough job and it takes a while for them to get up to speed just like it does the players. 

Was it reviewed?

Seebs

Have a hard time watching the NFL for the past few years for this very reason. I focus only on college.  It has been said that election killed football last year ratings wise. I think the downward trend will continue with kneeling, nobody knowing what a catch is anymore, concussions and parents not wanting their kids to play, there fore not allowing them to watch. 

That and my disdain for ESPN ... well, there are too many reasons not to watch especially when college ball is oh so dandy
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

NEA_HogFan

Potosihog

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 13, 2017, 08:56:14 pm
Was it reviewed?

Yes.  It was called a catch/fumble then the review overturned it.  That made it worse

Potosihog

Can you imagine hogville if a call like that cost us a game?

HamSammich

Why do you even waste your time one the 3.4 hour review extravaganza called the NFL? I cut down two years ago and quit last year. Screw 32 billionaires.

hogsanity

Quote from: HamSammich on August 14, 2017, 12:17:42 am
Why do you even waste your time one the 3.4 hour review extravaganza called the NFL? I cut down two years ago and quit last year. Screw 32 billionaires.

Yet at 3.4 hours it is still shorter than the 4.5+ hour bubble screen/review fest that college has become. And I am no fan of the NFL, but if time is your gripe, it has college beat hands down.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hawganatic

Quote from: Potosihog on August 13, 2017, 10:07:20 pm

Yeah I can imagine it.  I see Hogville's reaction EVERY time a call goes against us, whether it was correct or not...

Razor1997

Quote from: Potosihog on August 13, 2017, 10:07:20 pm

Just imagine how bad it would be if we had TWO calls get incorrectly overturned in the same game, and it cost us the game which cost us an SEC West title and at least an outside shot at a BCS Championship?

Oh, wait.