Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Offensive innovation

Started by Bacon_Bitz, August 14, 2017, 10:29:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacon_Bitz

Dan Enos knows what he's doing, but I'd like to see us incorporate some of the sweeps w/ Hammonds and Hayden and the like discussed in the article.  If there was a way to get one more pressure point on the defense and still maintain our power run / play action identity, I think the Hogs could move the ball against anybody.

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2017/8/11/16125146/confuse-and-clobber-lsu-nc-state-appalachian-state-college-style

hogsanity

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on August 14, 2017, 10:29:26 am
Dan Enos knows what he's doing, but I'd like to see us incorporate some of the sweeps w/ Hammonds and Hayden and the like discussed in the article.  If there was a way to get one more pressure point on the defense and still maintain our power run / play action identity, I think the Hogs could move the ball against anybody.

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2017/8/11/16125146/confuse-and-clobber-lsu-nc-state-appalachian-state-college-style

They have used plays like that. Cornelius has scored on a end around sweep at LSU, and he lined up in the backfield and scored against old misses last year. Ran a few fly sweeps to Reed as well in his 2 seasons, including a key play last year at TCU I believe.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

King Kong

Quote from: hogsanity on August 14, 2017, 10:32:14 am
They have used plays like that. Cornelius has scored on a end around sweep at LSU, and he lined up in the backfield and scored against old misses last year. Ran a few fly sweeps to Reed as well in his 2 seasons, including a key play last year at TCU I believe.

Yep, ours just normally starts under center