Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scrimmage Udate

Started by bythelake, August 12, 2017, 02:47:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TebowHater

Defense has got to get better. The Jack L drive with scout time was worrying. Not having your two best ILBs matters, but the O didn't  have its 11 best players (really, more like its 17 best players considering half of the drive was scout team people).

Chase Hayden really did look phenomenal, though.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on August 12, 2017, 09:14:02 pm
Munson and Paul were the LA defensive recruits I believe.

Ah yes, Munson.  That's the one.  I'm thinking he was recruited as a S, but maybe LB.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

bennyl08

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 12, 2017, 09:18:28 pm
Ah yes, Munson.  That's the one.  I'm thinking he was recruited as a S, but maybe LB.

There was somebody here on hogville who was adamant that he was being recruited as a safety, but his HS tape showed somebody with LB skill set. Since he committed the coaches have mentioned him as a LB and he is a LB on the roster.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

swineology

Quote from: factchecker on August 12, 2017, 09:03:14 pm
cornerback

He has really good closing speed and athleticism.

He got smoked last week, Killa Kam had an axe to grind this week!

GrizzlyRider07

So question. Was anyone there including media for the first half of the scrimmage when Dre and scoota played a long with AA?   
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

Sapperhog

Hayden will have a stud career for the Hogs.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on August 12, 2017, 10:21:39 pm
So question. Was anyone there including media for the first half of the scrimmage when Dre and scoota played a long with AA?
I don't think so.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 12, 2017, 07:42:11 pm
It's difficult to have hope when you are pessimistic to begin with.

Or when you get told year after year the defense/OL/ST has improved, but they never do.

He's right. We may have a marginal improvement (hell I should hope so) but our defense will be bottom half of the league, probably 5th at best in the West behind Bama, Auburn, LSU, TAMU or Ole Miss.

geauxhawgs

Quote from: ErieHog on August 12, 2017, 04:23:16 pm
I don't like Ty's chances to be the backup.  I think Cole put some distance on the competition today.

If Cole isn't the backup, politics are working hard inside Razorback Football. IMO Ty doesn't even look close to being an SEC qb.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: geauxhawgs on August 13, 2017, 04:15:52 am
If Cole isn't the backup, politics are working hard inside Razorback Football. IMO Ty doesn't even look close to being an SEC qb.

I love when people think they know everything based on one scrimmage.  QB battle is over, Cole is the backup because Hogville said so...

If you actually go and listen to Coach Beliema's interview, he said that Cole had the better day today, but Ty was the better QB when he had his day last week compared to when Cole had his day to be the man and he said, I quote "Anyone with a bit a football knowledge would tell you that Ty had the better day Tuesday than Cole had on his day (Wednesday)."  Thank god we do not have some of you guys in the coaching room, we would be flipping over our depth chart every single day based on how everyone performed...

BTW - I am not saying that Cole should not be the backup QB, but it sounds like they are still pretty dead even and that either of them could take that spot at this point.
SCREW Vandy!

ricepig

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on August 12, 2017, 10:21:39 pm

Yes there were people there, but the media wasn't.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: navyhog24 on August 12, 2017, 08:56:50 pm
You like smoke being blown up your arse huh?

No and I also don't like folks who have nothing but negative things to say before the season even begins.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on August 13, 2017, 02:29:54 am
Or when you get told year after year the defense/OL/ST has improved, but they never do.

He's right. We may have a marginal improvement (hell I should hope so) but our defense will be bottom half of the league, probably 5th at best in the West behind Bama, Auburn, LSU, TAMU or Ole Miss.

Since we have yet to play a game are you just guessing or are you hoping for this?
Go Hogs Go!

southeasthog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 13, 2017, 08:52:23 am
No and I also don't like folks who have nothing but negative things to say before the season even begins.

It's time.

WilsonHog

Quote from: southeasthog on August 13, 2017, 08:56:45 am
It's time.

That sound you just heard was him showing up on my radar. At this rate, he'll be spreading negativity somewhere other than Hogville sooner rather than later.

KlubhouseKonnected

I wouldn't know anything about that.

Wrong tree, go bark up another.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

oldhawg

Scrimmage news sounds good.  Coaches and players have work to do, but guess that's why they keep showing up for practice.

Am really pumped about this season, and will follow the Razorbacks from "afar" as best as I can, in my own way.  This time of year, I just can't understand those constantly predicting doom and gloom. 

oldhawg

Enjoyed watching.  Ready for the season to begin (me).   I am sure coaches and players are glad they have a few more practice days.

Cinco de Hogo

I became a pessimist when CBP was fired and nothing that has happened the last five years has knocked it out of me but I keep hoping.  So yea it's difficult!   For those instance we hear good things about the freshmen but you know deep down that there are 10-12 other teams in the SEC that had higher ranked classes.   What we make of that is certainly up to each individual.   We just need a great season, nine wins would be good.

MuskogeeHogFan

August 13, 2017, 04:22:36 pm #70 Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 06:29:27 pm by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 13, 2017, 03:59:05 pm
I became a pessimist when CBP was fired and nothing that has happened the last five years has knocked it out of me but I keep hoping.  So yea it's difficult!   For those instance we hear good things about the freshmen but you know deep down that there are 10-12 other teams in the SEC that had higher ranked classes.   What we make of that is certainly up to each individual.   We just need a great season, nine wins would be good.

Well when you are ranked 9th in your conference but 27th in the country, you know you have some serious recruiting challenges and competition to deal with in your conference.

#9 in the Big Ten is #46 nationally.
#9 in the Pac 12 is #44 nationally.
#9 in the ACC is #48 nationally.
#9 in the Big 12 gets you a #60 national ranking.

That's just life in the SEC when you are in a state that doesn't produce anymore talent than we do, compared to everyone else. So there isn't any valid reason to have unrealistic expectations about this type of thing.

I believe we need to win 9 for this to be considered a good season and a program that is making progress.
Go Hogs Go!

bythelake

Thanks Muskogee, facts are good.

Keep it up.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 13, 2017, 08:55:37 am
Since we have yet to play a game are you just guessing or are you hoping for this?

Well its all guessing until January. Basing it off of players, scheme, coaches and recruiting in our school versus the others

SooiecidetillNuttgone

So where's the info on how to sign up for this dating site?
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Peter Porker

Quote from: Hogs49ers on August 13, 2017, 05:48:14 am
I love when people think they know everything based on one scrimmage.  QB battle is over, Cole is the backup because Hogville said so...

If you actually go and listen to Coach Beliema's interview, he said that Cole had the better day today, but Ty was the better QB when he had his day last week compared to when Cole had his day to be the man and he said, I quote "Anyone with a bit a football knowledge would tell you that Ty had the better day Tuesday than Cole had on his day (Wednesday)."  Thank god we do not have some of you guys in the coaching room, we would be flipping over our depth chart every single day based on how everyone performed...

BTW - I am not saying that Cole should not be the backup QB, but it sounds like they are still pretty dead even and that either of them could take that spot at this point.

Ty is only the backup because Bobby Allen is on staff!!! - future Hogville post
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 13, 2017, 03:59:05 pm

Shoulda happened sooner when booby was signing those atrocious classes, not replacing great talent with equal or better talent, and not retaining half the guys he signed.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.