Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is 6-7 wins acceptable or non-acceptable for you this season?

Started by Ben, August 11, 2017, 04:02:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

Is 6-7 wins a good season or bad season for you this year?
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

razorbackfan86

The Boar War

Bad (that is to say unacceptable at this point in Bielema's tenure)

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

NoogaHog

Very disappointing. 8 would be acceptable but not satisfactory. That being said, 7 wins would not have me ready to find a new coach, but 6 would be a losing season and possibly a firable offense. I'm obviously not taking into account unpredictable things such as a injuries or a cholera outbreak or even amoebic dysentery.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

TrueBlue

Lanny will have to get a bigger server to handle the traffic after a 6 or 7 win season.

sowmonella

Quote from: Ben on August 11, 2017, 04:02:24 pm

You should be bant for life plus 20 years for this post.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

HillBillyHogfan

6-7 wins means pay the buy-out and throw all the money it will take at P.J Fleck
Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

jst01

King Kong

Yes. Especially considering this IMO is the easiest schedule we have had since 2011

The Kig

My guess is this thread will be in File-13 soon... it's pointless. 

For those who think the program is going in the right direction, 6-7 wins would not be a good season.  Nor is it where most of us think we will end up.  Some pretty bad things would have to happen for us to only win 6 and even 7 seems unlikely. 

Even the people who apparently hate CBB, don't think the program is going in the right direction, etc... don't think 6-7 wins is good.  They just may think that is where we end up, which would add fuel to their position that things need to change.

For me personally, I think anything less than 8 wins is going to be considered underachieving.  Having said that, if we have injuries at key positions we could well end up with 6/7 wins.  BUT that would be very bad. 
Poker Porker

SemperHawg

The SEC West is as down as its been since Coach B has been here, we don't draw Georgia/Tennessee/Florida from the east, and Mizzou SHOULD (cough cough) be beatable.  He has a returning senior top end QB. 

Ole Miss-Dumpster Fire
Miss St- Should be beatable at home.
A&M- If there were ever a year to get these dudes, this has to be it.  They are bad and we are on two weeks rest.

USC-E-tough but winnable on the road
Mizzou- If he drops two in a row to this garbage team he deserves to fired on the spot.

TCU- not out of reason to expect a win at home with two more days rest than them.
3 other non con games- All should be wins, if not see Mizzou.

You do the math on that and tell me what win total is ok with you.

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

NoogaHog

Quote from: NoogaHog on August 11, 2017, 04:09:57 pm
a cholera outbreak or even amoebic dysentery.

As I typed that I remembered that we do go to LSU this year
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

HoopS

Following how we collapsed last season, 6 wins would be a problem.

jusgtohogs

Not going to be surprised if that's the result we get but won't be happy about it.  Expectations should go up every year and if they don't win at least 8, I think Coach will be heavily scrutinized going forward--and should be.

GuvHog

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

rzrbkman

Quote from: Ben on August 11, 2017, 04:02:24 pm

Now there's a topic that has not been already discussed to death this summer.

HawgsPolo

Go Cubs Go!!!!!

King Kong

Quote from: HillBillyHogfan on August 11, 2017, 04:13:10 pm
6-7 wins means pay the buy-out and throw all the money it will take at P.J Fleck

The players will be excited to get Robb Smith back in that move

HamSammich

Hawgphat

Would it be "acceptable" to me for my little Maltese mutt to lose an arm wrestling contest with a gorilla?  - - - Sure; that conclusion is a given.

Would it be "acceptable" to me for Arkansas to lose to Florida A&M and New Mexico State? - - - No.

Would it be "acceptable" for Arkansas to register another 6-7 win season? - - - Take another hard, unbiased look at how these past two seasons have panned out, - - - - - - and you tell me.

When I was a small child, my grandfather had a sorry, worthless, lazy old mule named "Fred".  Now, - - - my grandfather could have taken old Fred out and run him every day - from sun-up to sundown - until he dropped, - - - and it would have been EXTREMELY unlikely that Old Fred would have EVER won The Kentucky Derby.  Such a goal would have been totally unrealistic.  Such an accomplishment simply WASN'T WITHIN THE LIMIT'S OF FRED'S CAPABILITY.

Segue the past two seasons to this impending new season. - - - - - - - - - There's your answer.

HamSammich

Quote from: Hawgphat on August 11, 2017, 05:27:49 pm
Would it be "acceptable" to me for my little Maltese mutt to lose an arm wrestling contest with a gorilla?  - - - Sure; that conclusion is a given.

Would it be "acceptable" to me for Arkansas to lose to Florida A&M and New Mexico State? - - - No.

Would it be "acceptable" for Arkansas to register another 6-7 win season? - - - Take another hard, unbiased look at how these past two seasons have panned out, - - - - - - and you tell me.

When I was a small child, my grandfather had a sorry, worthless, lazy old mule named "Fred".  Now, - - - my grandfather could have taken old Fred out and run him every day - from sun-up to sundown - until he dropped, - - - and it would have been EXTREMELY unlikely that Old Fred would have EVER won The Kentucky Derby.  Such a goal would have been totally unrealistic.  Such an accomplishment simply WASN'T WITHIN THE LIMIT'S OF FRED'S CAPABILITY.

Segue the past two seasons to this impending new season. - - - - - - - - - There's your answer.

Was shooting Fred and getting a John Deere out of the question?

theFlyingHog

Quote from: HawgsPolo on August 11, 2017, 05:09:08 pm
8)
Now that is an earth shattering first post.

Of course 6-7 wins is unacceptable. 9 wins makes me feel alright but really it's all in how we play and compete.

Hawgphat

Quote from: HamSammich on August 11, 2017, 05:29:52 pm
Was shooting Fred and getting a John Deere out of the question?

Grandfather couldn't have afforded the John Deere; - - - - and Fred couldn't have afforded Grandfathers Kentucky Derby ambitions.

Disappointment comes to all along Life's Pathway.

DoctorSusscrofa

Regardless of the answer, BB isn't likely getting fired for it, so it's not really worth answering. (But I'm a sucker so there's my response.)
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Hawgphat

This matter of the "acceptability" factor in regard to the number of accrued wins for this upcoming season rather reminds of the episode of the "Heavy Duty Judy" in the shoe store.  The sales girl told Judy, "Sure, we have that particular shoe in all sizes; - - what's your size"?  HDJ replied, "Well, - - - I'd go with size 6, - - - but size 8 feels so comfortable, - - - I guess I'll settle for size 10s".

If the Hogs are unable to forge a 10-win season, - - it's likely an individual call as to what would be an "acceptable W-L record.

HamSammich

Quote from: Hawgphat on August 11, 2017, 05:39:43 pm
Grandfather couldn't have afforded the John Deere; - - - - and Fred couldn't have afforded Grandfathers Kentucky Derby ambitions.

Disappointment comes to all along Life's Pathway.

In India you would be a god.

longpig

Quote from: jusgtohogs on August 11, 2017, 04:46:49 pm
Not going to be surprised if that's the result we get but won't be happy about it.  Expectations should go up every year and if they don't win at least 8, I think Coach will be heavily scrutinized going forward--and should be.

Yeh, 8 or less this season and the Pelini comparisons will start flying.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Hawgphat

Quote from: HamSammich on August 11, 2017, 05:52:55 pm
In India you would be a god.

I don't know about that; - - - Grandfather's cow, Myrtle, didn't seem to be overly fond of me.

TheRazorback500

Less than 8 is unacceptable to me unless there's a rash of key injuries.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Hogwild

I wouldn't have a problem with a 7-5 regular season. 

We will likely be underdogs in at least 5 games, TCU, A&M, Bama, Auburn, and LSU.  With USCe being a toss up.

If we win the games we are suppose to, 7 wins would be a reasonable regular season, anything less than means after 5 season his overall record would still be south of .500

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: SemperHawg on August 11, 2017, 04:22:12 pm
The SEC West is as down as its been since Coach B has been here, we don't draw Georgia/Tennessee/Florida from the east, and Mizzou SHOULD (cough cough) be beatable.  He has a returning senior top end QB. 

Ole Miss-Dumpster Fire
Miss St- Should be beatable at home.
A&M- If there were ever a year to get these dudes, this has to be it.  They are bad and we are on two weeks rest.

USC-E-tough but winnable on the road
Mizzou- If he drops two in a row to this garbage team he deserves to fired on the spot.

TCU- not out of reason to expect a win at home with two more days rest than them.
3 other non con games- All should be wins, if not see Mizzou.

You do the math on that and tell me what win total is ok with you.

IF Bielema wins 8-10 games this season, people will just say it's because the SEC is down.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Hawgphish

Poker_hog

7-6 isn't acceptable to me.  8-5 is acceptable.  9-4 is minimum to make me feel good about the state of the program. 
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

razored

If 6 -7 -8 - 90 wins are acceptable then why did UA FIRE Hootie.

At 70 years old I can remember the time when anything less than UNDEFEATED was NOT acceptable.

Get on the bandwagon or get lost.

razored

If 6 -7 -8 - 9 wins are acceptable then why did UA FIRE Hootie.

At 70 years old I can remember the time when anything less than UNDEFEATED was NOT acceptable.

SugarHillGaHog

I'd be extremely disappointed with a 6-7 record.  However if they looked competitive with no blow outs or second half collapses I'd probably be able to handle it.  It's time to prove it more than that though.  I have standards and they are low but blow outs and second half "wth just happened" would get me off the fence finally.

davglo35

To me last year was unacceptable. We were 2 second half meltdowns from a 9 win season. Its the manner in which we only won 7 that peed on my fire of enthusiasm. The smoke was just too much to take.
This season should be at least 8 and maybe even 10 if we avoid the meltdowns and put a foot on the neck when we have em down.
I'm taking this season as a wait and see ordeal. If we don't improve in several aspects it could even be a 5 win season worst case scenario.

WilsonHog

Hawgphat

Quote from: razored on August 11, 2017, 07:33:52 pm
If 6 -7 -8 - 9 wins are acceptable then why did UA FIRE Hootie.

"Get on the bandwagon, - - - OR GET LOST"?

Wow. - - - - - - - - - - - Just - - - - - wow.

NotSoFastMyFriend

No one can seriously agree with 6-7 wins as acceptable.

farmhawg

Quote from: HamSammich on August 11, 2017, 06:55:57 pm
Horrible take horrible fan. Life sucks huh?
Nope, sooner or later we will have a new coach that can finish.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

TNhawgfan

7 wins is not acceptable, but i think that's much more likely than 9 wins. These teams you guys are calling trash (mizzou, tamu, ole miss) are going to light up the scoreboard against our D
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

jgphillips3

With this schedule and at this stage in tenure, 100% unacceptable.  I don't even think Jeff Long would find that acceptable either.

grayhawg

After the last two games last season, I'm in the show me that you want to remain Coach at Arkansas, show me is sure not 6 or 7 wins.