Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by SoCal Hog on 10 Aug 2017
  • Picking the Razorbacks to play K-State in the Liberty Bowl seems to be a default prediction.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2017-18-college-football-bowl-projections-preseason-calls-for-each-of-the-games/
  • #2 by MuskogeeHogFan on 10 Aug 2017
  • Picking the Razorbacks to play K-State in the Liberty Bowl seems to be a default prediction.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2017-18-college-football-bowl-projections-preseason-calls-for-each-of-the-games/

I believe that we overachieve according to projected expectations. Their projection is worth the value of one East German Pfennig on today's world market.
  • #3 by Arkansas Fan on 10 Aug 2017
  • Would be another boring game against Old Man Snyder.
  • #4 by bphi11ips on 10 Aug 2017
  • Arkansas vs. Texas in Cotton Bowl
  • #5 by Poker_hog on 10 Aug 2017
  • I'd almost rather go 4-8 than go 6-6 again.  Being consistently mediocre is getting old.
  • #6 by SoCal Hog on 10 Aug 2017
  • Would be another boring game against Old Man Snyder.
    From what I've heard, K-State has a lot returning this year, and they are thought to be a pretty good team. They might be a lot more competitive than the last time we saw them.

I have nothing but respect for Bill Snyder and what he has done there. I think it would be nice to have a permanent home-and-home series with them.
  • #7 by SoCal Hog on 10 Aug 2017
    That's a bowl match up I could definitely get behind.  ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown::
  • #8 by Hogfan991 on 10 Aug 2017
    The Cotton Bowl isn't in the playoff rotation this year, correct?
  • #9 by SoCal Hog on 10 Aug 2017
  • I believe that we overachieve according to projected expectations. Their projection is worth the value of one East German Pfennig on today's world market.
    No doubt. It just tells us where one of the media talking heads sees the various teams.
  • #10 by DeltaBoy on 10 Aug 2017
  • No way no more KState!
  • #11 by kp72204 on 11 Aug 2017
  • Wow!! K-State again would be tragic for me. Is this going to be the expectation every year?
  • #12 by GoHogs1091 on 11 Aug 2017
  • Kansas State may not even make The Liberty Bowl.

No guarantee that Kansas State will win against UCA.

UCA might be the 3rd best team Kansas State plays this season (3rd best after Oklahoma and Oklahoma State).
  • #13 by Pig Power on 11 Aug 2017

UCA might be the 3rd best team Kansas State plays this season (3rd best after Oklahoma and Oklahoma State).
    UCA will be salty this year and might win their conference
  • #14 by bphi11ips on 12 Aug 2017
  • The Cotton Bowl isn't in the playoff rotation this year, correct?

No. I checked before posting after someone left a note in a hermetically sealed envelope in a mayonnaise jar on my front porch.  The note said "Whorns bow to Hogs in Cotton."

So we have that going for us.
  • #15 by GoHogs1091 on 12 Aug 2017
  • UCA will be salty this year and might win their conference

It won't be easy for Kansas State on the line-of-scrimmage against UCA.

Here is the possible line-of-scrimmage matchups.

UCA OL                                                                               Kansas State DL

LT:  Camp   6'4"  308 lbs.  Sr.                                          DE:  Walker   6'2"  242 lbs.  So.

LG:  Mallett   6'3"  302 lbs.  Sr.   All Conf.                      DT:  Geary   6'0"  306 lbs.  Sr.

C:    Garcia   6'2"  303 lbs.  Sr.                                         DT:  Dishon   6'2"  311 lbs.  So. 

RG:  Cook   6'4"  325 lbs.  Jr.   All Conf.                        DE:  Wood   6'5"  260 lbs.  Sr.

RT:  Watts   6'8"  332 lbs.  So.

Avg. lbs.   314 lbs.                                                           Avg. lbs.   279.75 lbs.

UCA DL  (UCA utilizes a 3-4 Defense)                             Kansas State OL

DE:   Best   6'3"  250 lbs.  Sr.   All Conf.                           LT:   Frantz   6'5"  297 lbs.  So.

NG:  Williams   6'1"  360 lbs.  Sr.                                      LG:   Beecham   6'3"  320 lbs.  Jr.

DE:   Andry   6'0"  283 lbs.  Jr.                                           C:     Najvar   6'4"  295 lbs.  Sr.

RG:   Mitchell   6'4"  307 lbs.  So.

RT:   Risner   6'5"  300 lbs.  Jr.

Avg. lbs.   297.66 lbs.                                                        Avg. lbs.   303.8 lbs.   
  • #16 by HamSammich on 12 Aug 2017
  • Pretty sure it will be father times last game... I actually don't want any part of it. I'd rather play the Dallas cowboys.
  • #17 by Hogginintheville on 12 Aug 2017

You dat talking about beating dem bears. But really come on.
  • #18 by Bubba's Bruisers on 12 Aug 2017
  • Gross.  Neither program would want this matchup.
  • #19 by niels_boar on 13 Aug 2017
  • Good grief.  Groundhog Day.  Please no more KSU bowl matchups  nor UNC duels in the second round of the NCAAT.
  • #20 by ErieHog on 13 Aug 2017
  • I believe that we overachieve according to projected expectations. Their projection is worth the value of one East German Pfennig on today's world market.

About $5, then, to a collector :D
  • #21 by FANONTHEHILL on 13 Aug 2017
  • The mid range SEC tie in bowls are Belk, Liberty, Texas, and Music City.  If Arkansas falls into that grouping, Music City would make the most sense as the conference tries to rotate team bowl sites.  8+ wins would likely get them to Tax Slayer (Gator) in Jacksonville or Outback in stamps. The Cotton is at large bid teams that are outside the playoff.  Also Cotton is early this season on the 29th of December.
Pages:
Actions