Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battle for Backup QB Still Undecided

Started by gdumont, August 09, 2017, 10:07:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gdumont

Hogopolis

I agree, good points.   Almost the entire three deep returns on offense next year and the potential to be extremely good is there.   Who ever is the QB next year will have The most experienced all around offense Arkansas will field in decades around him.   Can that experience turn into greatness and can next years QB get it done?   We shall see.   However, right now we get to see AA lead this years team to a 9-3 record. 

PorkRinds

VBCHog

August 11, 2017, 09:27:00 am #3 Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 08:14:59 pm by VBCHog
If Ty Storey is our QB next season, we can wave by-by to Coach B because we will win about 5. Cole Kelley might lose us a couple games but we have the oppurtunity to win big ones with his physique. Storey reminds me of the QB at LSwho, Etling. He just doesn't have much physical upside.

PorkRinds

I do like the idea of a huge mountain of a QB with a cannon for an arm.

RagingHawgOn

Next year shapes up to be the year. And, I think CK will bring what we need. I admire Ty and he should be a solid #2.

Dread hearing from all the idiots who froth at the mouth because we only win 7-8 this year.

longpig

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on August 12, 2017, 12:49:00 am
Next year shapes up to be the year. And, I think CK will bring what we need. I admire Ty and he should be a solid #2.

Dread hearing from all the idiots who froth at the mouth because we only win 7-8 this year.
Chances are that Storey will leave sooner than later if CK separates from him.
Don't be scared, be smart.

VBCHog

Storey reminds me of Nathan Dick. Nathan transferred to UCA and had a good last couple years there. I think if Ty is smart, he will make a similar move.

geauxhawgs

Kelly is head and shoulders above Ty (no pun intended). If CK isn't our #2....greater powers are at work inside the UA political system.

razorbacker3

I feel very good about or QB position for the next few years, as long as CDE is here.

VBCHog

Quote from: razorbacker3 on August 13, 2017, 02:06:44 pm
I feel very good about or QB position for the next few years, as long as CDE is here.
Amen to that but it will surprise me if Enos stays here longer than a couple more years as teams with coaches on the hot seat make changes and come looking for offensive minded coaches.

southeasthog

Quote from: geauxhawgs on August 13, 2017, 01:00:38 pm
Kelly is head and shoulders above Ty (no pun intended). If CK isn't our #2....greater powers are at work inside the UA political system.
This right here. With Storey being from Fayetteville, he is probably going to be the #2 no matter what Kelley does.......What??? He isn't from Fayetteville?  His dad must be a major donor...... No? Well crap. There goes our conspiracy theory.
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

roothawg

CK will be the one. last yr story looked scared when he was in.

chshog