Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 18, 2024, 01:05:01 am

Mizzou

Started by azhog10, August 09, 2017, 08:08:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mizzouman

Quote from: sickboy on August 12, 2017, 12:58:29 am
I feel like I'm constantly defending Mizzou and you... don't know why. Guess I just don't have anything against you guys. But I've had some legitimately good times in Columbia. I used to tour in bands back in the day and played at the Blue Note a few times. Don't know if that place is still around, but I had some good times there. Good little college town from my vantage point.
Blue Note is still there.  Great place

niels_boar

Martin has a history of putting teams on the floors that defend very well but can't score efficiently and play at a snail's pace.  In 2016 he had two top-10 recruits on the baseline, a top-25 recruit at SG, and a quality senior PG.  He still didn't have a top-50 offense.  Last year at Cal he had a PF and SG that both got drafted and a top-75 frosh at PG.  He couldn't manage top-half of the nation in offensive efficiency but was an outstanding #14 in defensive efficiency.  That's just odd. He didn't make it to the NCAAs. 

I imagine he left because he was going to be on the hot seat with 0 NCAAT wins after landing Brown and Rabb.  Also, they were #277 in pace last season.  If you are playing that slow with poor efficiency, waiting for scores will be like pulling teeth.  You better win playing like that, or the natives will get bored quickly, especially if you have 2 NCAAT appearances in nine years on your resume.  CMA has 8 NCAAT appearances in 15 years, and the coaches on here will tell you that he doesn't know what he is doing.  The pace doesn't seem the best way to take advantage of uber talent.  He might be better coaching scrappy overachievers. 

Rabb was a top-10 recruit that didn't make it to the first round after two years with Martin.  He plays at a slow pace and is perceived to not take advantage of talent.  That makes me wonder just why he's a good recruiter.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

MoHog74

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.  Who knows, maybe they will get to the Final Four for the first time...ever.

mizzouman

Quote from: MoHog74 on August 15, 2017, 04:13:32 pm
It will be interesting to see how this plays out.  Who knows, maybe they will get to the Final Four for the first time...ever.
Final 4?  NIT.

MoHog74

Quote from: MoHog74 on August 15, 2017, 04:13:32 pm

They're 3rd on the list for most NCAA appearances without a Final Four.  Until Kim Anderson arrived, they were 2nd on the list to BYU, but then they fell to 3rd behind Xavier.  I don't see final four for them this year.  WPS