Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Houston Nutt Lawsuit Dismissed.

Started by rhog1, August 09, 2017, 05:26:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rhog1

August 09, 2017, 05:26:47 pm Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 05:39:29 pm by rhog1
https://twitter.com/AntonioCMorales/status/895383294988234752
The motion to dismiss was granted to Ole Miss, its athletic foundation and IHL board in Nutt lawsuit by a U.S. district judge today.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/houston-nutts-attorney-thomas-mars-issues-strong-response-case-dismissed-federal-court/ 

However Nutt's lawyer Thomas Mars says they knew it would be dismissed and deliberately filed here to involve Freeze and the AD Byork in the case. He is promising to refile next week at the state level with new details, and encouraging Ole Miss to settle before they refile.  So next week could be fun with this saga.

flynhog

Vindictive and his parents weren't married.
Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.

Smalltownhog95

Its been an entertaining second half of the offseason watching this unfold.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on August 09, 2017, 05:54:21 pm
Its been an entertaining second half of the offseason watching this unfold.

I almost ran out of popcorn! Since they are refiling I guess I'll have to go get more.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Tusks

Other than hootie being a moron of the highest proportions, him saying he doesn't want money and instead wants OMU to fund some kind of ethics in sports program, has been the most surprising move I've ever seen hootie make.

Doesn't make up for his dumbarsery, its just a big surprise to me.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: tusked on August 09, 2017, 06:22:52 pm
Other than hootie being a moron of the highest proportions, him saying he doesn't want money and instead wants OMU to fund some kind of ethics in sports program, has been the most surprising move I've ever seen hootie make.

It's just him pissing in their eye IMO.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

EastexHawg

He could rescue 40 crippled children from a burning bus and donate both of his kidneys to ailing nuns and Gomer couldn't make me stop despising him.  He's a lousy human being, an even worse football coach, and as dumb as a box of rocks.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 09, 2017, 09:16:27 pm
He could rescue 40 crippled children from a burning bus and donate both of his kidneys to ailing nuns and Gomer couldn't make me stop despising him.  He's a lousy human being, an even worse football coach, and as dumb as a box of rocks.

Uh... I think that just makes you a horrible person.

EastexHawg

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on August 09, 2017, 09:17:26 pm

So be it.  Maybe Nutt should call for a Code Red on me.

hawgXi

Well put eastex

jswineberiaskirk

You are a man after my own heart.

MOTHO and Barry O are treading water and there is one life preserver. Question is what wine will be served at the celebratory dinner

DeltaBoy

He wrecked Old Myth good job Houston
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Quote from: jswineberiaskirk on August 09, 2017, 09:43:59 pm

MOTHO and Barry O are treading water and there is one life preserver. Question is what wine will be served at the celebratory dinner
Your president will have us all in a fireball, so no water to tread.

bennyl08

Quote from: jswineberiaskirk on August 09, 2017, 09:43:59 pm

Guano looks at you and thinks you give bat crazy a bad name.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

EastexHawg

Can we not let politics derail this thread from it's real purpose, despising Nutt?

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: mrp on August 09, 2017, 10:44:42 pm
When the suit was filed I remember Rick Schaeffer saying there is no way Houston loses.

Schaeffer must not have been admitted to the federal bar yet.

Sivad

When the suit was filed I remember Rick Schaeffer saying there is no way Houston loses.
The same Rick Shaeffer who said Houston Nutt would win AT LEAST ONE National Championship at Arkansas.

The Kig

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on August 09, 2017, 09:17:26 pm

No... if Dale donates both his kidneys, then he is still a dumazz...
Poker Porker

davglo35

TCTWF gives all people hope. He gives hope to the downtrodden and poor. He gives hope to the mentally diasabled. He gives hope because Hootie is proof that anybody....i mean anybody...can get rich in America.

longtimeHogfan

Rick Schaeffer needs to demand a full and complete refund of all tuition $'s spent for his education. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Inhogswetrust

You mean you actually believe Rick.................that's a joke right?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: The Kig on August 10, 2017, 02:53:47 am

If he donated his brain it would raise his IQ.....................

jacobp

To be fair, he's not going to lose.

This was a jurisdictional ruling and nothing more. It will be refiled, and Nutt will likely win or they will settle

rljjr

I don't care who wins the suit, I'm just curious like a pack of gossipy women on the Andy Griffith show about what else Mars uncovered.

hogcard1964

That hurts man.  All the way up from his itsy-bitsy little finger and then go all the way up through his body.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 09, 2017, 09:20:18 pm
So be it.  Maybe Nutt should call for a Code Red on me.

i wish I could make a meme of HDN screaming "You can't Handle The Truth.!!" and insert it right here...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

JJHog

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on August 09, 2017, 11:19:57 pm
Schaeffer must not have been admitted to the federal bar yet.

Tuberville said the same thing.
" Think Right, Do Right"

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: The Kig on August 10, 2017, 02:53:47 am

That's is one thing but hating somebody who saves 40 children from being burned alive because he was a poor coach that was mean to a player and/or assistant? Tad different.

aloha_kid

Quote from: tusked on August 09, 2017, 06:22:52 pm

So, if the settle, they are in essence admitting they committed the recruiting infractions right?  If this is the case, they wouldn't settle if they wanted.

Lastly, I heard he was going to rent a plane and fly it over the stadium with a banner that says "Apologize!" ~HDN.

depressed_fan

LOL that's a cute joke but I think he's the greatest thing that ever lived

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: aloha_kid on August 10, 2017, 12:06:18 pm
So, if the settle, they are in essence admitting they committed the recruiting infractions right?  If this is the case, they wouldn't settle if they wanted.

Lastly, I heard he was going to rent a plane and fly it over the stadium with a banner that says "Apologize!" ~HDN.

Basically, the ethics donation bit is really him just shining them on. Supposing they accept Nutt's proposal and provided the seed money to establish an independent ethics commission exclusively for Mississippi college sports, well then he has also basically Trojan Horsed them into making future cheating harder. And you best believe they are looking forward to getting back to cheating in the future.

Pigsknuckles

Well spoken

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: rhog1 on August 09, 2017, 05:26:47 pm
However Nutt's lawyer Thomas Mars says they knew it would be dismissed and deliberately filed here to involve Freeze and the AD Byork in the case. He is promising to refile next week at the state level with new details, and encouraging Ole Miss to settle before they refile.  So next week could be fun with this saga.

Houston should just go ahead and file 47 suits in every state's court except Mississippi, Idaho, and Arkansas.  Those states won't hesitate to dismiss with extreme prejudice.

hobhog

An ole miss reporter said on Bo's show the other day that rebel bears ain't worried about HDN suit and are more focused on NCAA.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: jacobp on August 10, 2017, 07:57:51 am
To be fair, he's not going to lose.

This was a jurisdictional ruling and nothing more. It will be refiled, and Nutt will likely win or they will settle

You think those glass tower lawyers get paid $200+/hr to make jurisdictional errors? 

They knew all along that the lawsuit had that problem and they never expected it to go to trial.  They don't ever really expect to have a trial in front of Lafayette County, Mississippi jurors either.

This lawsuit was never going to a trial.  Nutt doesn't care if he's "rehabilitated" in the eyes of people in Mississippi.  He was barely even there--just 4 seasons.  For all this Mississippi litigation, his main lawyer isn't in Mississippi.  He didn't hire a high-powered lawyer in his recent state of residence in New Mexico, either.

His lawyer is from Little Rock.  This lawsuit isn't about Mississippi and his reputation there--it's about Arkansas, and his reputation here.  Just another step in the sure but steady comeback tour.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: hobhog on August 10, 2017, 01:27:24 pm
An ole miss reporter said on Bo's show the other day that rebel bears ain't worried about HDN suit and are more focused on NCAA.

As they should be

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on August 10, 2017, 01:52:11 pm
You think those glass tower lawyers get paid $200+/hr to make jurisdictional errors? 

They knew all along that the lawsuit had that problem and they never expected it to go to trial.  They don't ever really expect to have a trial in front of Lafayette County, Mississippi jurors either.

This lawsuit was never going to a trial.  Nutt doesn't care if he's "rehabilitated" in the eyes of people in Mississippi.  He was barely even there--just 4 seasons.  For all this Mississippi litigation, his main lawyer isn't in Mississippi.  He didn't hire a high-powered lawyer in his recent state of residence in New Mexico, either.

His lawyer is from Little Rock.  This lawsuit isn't about Mississippi and his reputation there--it's about Arkansas, and his reputation here.  Just another step in the sure but steady comeback tour.
$200 an hour is really funny.

EastexHawg

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on August 10, 2017, 11:31:06 am
That's is one thing but hating somebody who saves 40 children from being burned alive because he was a poor coach that was mean to a player and/or assistant? Tad different.

Maybe after he actually does it we can talk.

Sivad

Quote from: rhog1 on August 09, 2017, 05:26:47 pm
He is promising to refile next week at the state level with new details.
"I'll be back Ole Miss"

ImHogginIt

Please let arrogant Ole Miss not settle out of court. I want all parties under oath in state court serving up juicy details  ;D

texas tush hog

Bingo.

ricepig

Quote from: Karma on August 10, 2017, 04:13:58 pm
$200 an hour is really funny.

Yeah, no wonder it got thrown out, haha.