Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KJ Hill regrets?

Started by Hogopolis, August 09, 2017, 01:40:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Calling All Hogs

Speaking of the Hill family, is Montez giving OSU players rides for money yet? I just hope Montez can do for OSU what he did for North Little Rock football.

HogFoo

Honestly.  I think he would have had a good career here.  I hate that he went to osu. But he would have been good here. Allen will probably be pretty dang good this year.  If the ONline play is good. This year will be at least 10wins.  Right now, we have probably as much talent as we've had since Joe adams, wright, and those guys were here.  Hill would have been amongst them and he could ha e been a hometown hero.  But, we know how that goes.  He thought he needed 2 go out of state 2 do it.  And that just isn't the case.  But it is what it is.  So, sorry,  Foo him! Haha
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on August 09, 2017, 09:30:27 pm
Did he say celebrate those players? Or cheer them on? Are there only two options, either bitch about them or celebrate them?

How about option 3? Forget them altogether.

Did I bitch about him? No. Do I care how his season goes? Nope.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

rljjr

There is nothing about this kid that affects the Hogs in any way, shape, fashion or form.

ZERO

We've been oddly loaded at WR. Not just because of what we expected the offensive style to be when Bielema was hired, but because the 3* guys we've recruited at WR have turned out to be hardworking ballers, and few of the 4* have been busts. Neither us or KJ Hill need each other.

Life is too short. I hope he's enjoying his. Unless Ohio State ever plays Arkansas, then I hope he has a long night of crying to look back on one day.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

King Kong

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on August 09, 2017, 10:14:15 pm
I guess KJ Hill would have loved to lose against Toledo, A&M, Bama, Missouri, Auburn, and Virginia Texh. Are y'all serious. What have Arkansas done for him to have any regrets? He's competing on a national level and the a
Hogs are hoping they can beat A&M.

Well the argument is because he isn't playing at Ohio State as of yet.

Now still only a RS Soph. His PT could go up

Seebs

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on August 09, 2017, 11:00:02 pm
I'm a Razorback fan but not a Razorback fool.

I sense a poll forthcoming.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Hogopolis on August 09, 2017, 01:40:08 pm
He would be a starter this year here,  but is a back up at Ohio St.  He would have one of the best passing QB's in college in a pro style offense. 

I assume he would like to be playing more minutes  BUT he is playing on a team that is winning. Winning Big 10 championships which puts them in the running to win a National Championship.  That has to speak for something.  If he wants more minutes then I guess he could transfer but if he wants to win at the highest level then he is fine where he is.  I guess it just depends on your perspective.

But he used to be an Arkansan but with his defection to OSU I would assume he has hurt himself for future high profile jobs in our state.  His name carries no weigh here. 

hogsanity

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on August 09, 2017, 02:55:35 pm
Hogville logic: "(Insert in-state player name who leaves to go somewhere else) is dead to me. This state will never remember or talk about him again."

Also Hogville logic: *Create thread that turns into 5 pages of remembering and talking about said player*

Not sure this one has the legs to make 5 pages.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on August 10, 2017, 08:45:08 am

But he used to be an Arkansan but with his defection to OSU I would assume he has hurt himself for future high profile jobs in our state.  His name carries no weigh here. 

Many of you highly over rate the in state job prospects of players simply because they played for the Hogs. That may have been the case 20+ years ago, but for the most part employers hire people that con competently do the job and help their company succeed. They do not go around just hiring ex-hog players.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ricepig

Quote from: hogsanity on August 10, 2017, 09:03:37 am
Not sure this one has the legs to make 5 pages.

Yep, going to have to GSD, BP, and mediocrity to get 5 pages out of this sucker.

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on August 10, 2017, 09:07:03 am
Yep, going to have to GSD, BP, and mediocrity to get 5 pages out of this sucker.

Well, I don't know why KJ would want to play in front of a wine and cheese crowd for a coach that's been nothing but mediocre.  Maybe if BP were still here it might be worth it to him, but he's got no reason to be here now.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hogsanity

Quote from: Wildhog on August 10, 2017, 09:10:25 am
Well, I don't know why KJ would want to play in front of a wine and cheese crowd for a coach that's been nothing but mediocre.  Maybe if BP were still here it might be worth it to him, but he's got no reason to be here now.

well played

redleg

Stop worrying about players that Arkansas didn't get! At least KJ didn't sign with an SEC rival, the way some players have done in recent memory. I don't like that fact that he chose to snub the Hogs, but I'm not mad at the guy for following his own path (especially since it took him OUT of the SEC!).
KJ is projected by some pre-season services to be one of three starters for Ohio St. Others at least have him in the two-deep rotation. He leads all returning Buckeyes with the most yards per reception from 2016.
Yes, KJ might be a starter for Arkansas this year, but he's gonna get a lot of playing time for OSU, and might even start for them too.
Get over yourselves.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

jgphillips3

Guys.  I'm from North Little Rock. I know friends of the family and his former coach.  Don't hate on the kid.  The adults in his life failed him.  He really liked (God knows why) Chaney and Chaney leaving made him unsure.  Please remember that, at the time, everyone thought we were going to try to be the ground and pound team that beat TT silly and Enos hadn't yet shown what we would be.  He still likes Arkansas and honest to God he was still thinking about coming here up to the end but when the S@*t storm broke, even CBB told the kid it might be better to go to OSU but KJ isn't the one at fault.  Blame the people in his ear.  Don't hate on the kid.  He really is a good kid. 

hogsanity

Quote from: jgphillips3 on August 10, 2017, 09:39:45 am
Guys.  I'm from North Little Rock. I know friends of the family and his former coach.  Don't hate on the kid.  The adults in his life failed him.  He really liked (God knows why) Chaney and Chaney leaving made him unsure.  Please remember that, at the time, everyone thought we were going to try to be the ground and pound team that beat TT silly and Enos hadn't yet shown what we would be.  He still likes Arkansas and honest to God he was still thinking about coming here up to the end but when the S@*t storm broke, even CBB told the kid it might be better to go to OSU but KJ isn't the one at fault.  Blame the people in his ear.  Don't hate on the kid.  He really is a good kid. 

What I still find so odd is how people will bash a AR kid for going somewhere else, yet the only way the Hog program survives is by convincing kids form other states to come here.

Wildhog

Quote from: hogsanity on August 10, 2017, 09:52:55 am
What I still find so odd is how people will bash a AR kid for going somewhere else, yet the only way the Hog program survives is by convincing kids form other states to come here.

To be a fan is to be a hypocrite.
1909/1964/1965/1977

IMABIELEMA

Would any top football athlete in their right mind choose Arkansas over Ohio State?  Maybe a top OL or RB.   Ohio State is on another level right now and arguably have the best coach in college football.  Kid made the best choice for him at the time.  Hindsight is always 20/20.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: jkstock04 on August 09, 2017, 02:52:55 pm
I always take exception to people who use guys who go to blue chip programs to make this opinion...it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense "he would be an all American here but at Bama/Ohio state he will never see the field."

Basically what that's saying is we can take Bamas leftovers who can't get play time there, and turn them into all stars here. There is something a hair faulty about that logic.
It's not really a stretch to say that a player that's deep in the depth chart at Alabama or Ohio State MIGHT get more playing time at Arkansas.  Now, the part about becoming all American?  Not so much.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on August 10, 2017, 10:06:01 am
It's not really a stretch to say that a player that's deep in the depth chart at Alabama or Ohio State MIGHT get more playing time at Arkansas.  Now, the part about becoming all American?  Not so much.

I wouldn't say "deep" in the depth chart. It might depend on what one defines as deep though. Besides depending on the position perhaps sometimes a Hog could be a starter at those places.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hogsanity

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on August 09, 2017, 11:00:02 pm
I'm a Razorback fan but not a Razorback fool. KJ had 18 catches on a loaded roster last season. No regrets!

Should we start pointing out all the crappy teams the basketball teams has lost to as to why certain players opted to go play somewhere else? Akron, Mercer, a mizzu team that was on a 2 month losing streak, a 11-21 Bama team when the Hogs had a NCAAt berth up for grabs?

I forget though, one coach can lose to whoever because he has a certain, shall we say, "quality" that the football coach does not have.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HawgTrough on August 09, 2017, 02:56:22 pm
he caught 18 balls and scored a TD. How many true freshmen actually play under Meyer?
He didn't play as a true freshmen he redshirted. He played a little as a redshirt freshmen mostly in mop up duty.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Ben on August 09, 2017, 08:17:49 pm
Our fanbase is the saltiest butthurt group of people when someone from this state decides to go elsewhere other than UA. Its like bitter females when a guy passes them up. Its ridiculous.
Maybe because we have so few "true" blue chip prospect. Why should we not want to keep our own since we don't have very many? Just a thought.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on August 09, 2017, 09:30:27 pm
Did he say celebrate those players? Or cheer them on? Are there only two options, either bitch about them or celebrate them?

How about option 3? Forget them altogether.
I'm guessing you don't know who K.J. Hill is anymore? ;) See what I did there... ???

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on August 09, 2017, 10:14:15 pm
I guess KJ Hill would have loved to lose against Toledo, A&M, Bama, Missouri, Auburn, and Virginia Texh. Are y'all serious. What have Arkansas done for him to have any regrets? He's competing on a national level and the a
Hogs are hoping they can beat A&M.
Dude, he's a 3rd stringer at best when he could be a starter here in his home state. I wish we would stop acting like that's false logic just for the sake of argument or debate. I would rather start or play a lot for my home state school than to go to Ohio State, Alabama or anywhere else an ride the bench 75% of the time. Ask Josh Frazier how he feels. Him and Bijhon Jackson could be the men right now on the Hill.

PLHawg

If I was a nationally sought after recruit, tOSU would be hard to turn down, not gonna lie.  I would never choose another SEC team over the Hogs, and in the end I'd like to think that I would choose the Hogs over anyone.  If there's a team that could turn my head a little it would definitely be the Buckeyes though.

RME

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 10, 2017, 02:00:40 pm
Dude, he's a 3rd stringer at best when he could be a starter here in his home state. I wish we would stop acting like that's false logic just for the sake of argument or debate. I would rather start or play a lot for my home state school than to go to Ohio State, Alabama or anywhere else an ride the bench 75% of the time. Ask Josh Frazier how he feels. Him and Bijhon Jackson could be the men right now on the Hill.

Who says either Hill or Frazier would start here? Because they were blue chip prospects mean they'd automatically be starters here?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: IMABIELEMA on August 10, 2017, 10:03:21 am
Would any top football athlete in their right mind choose Arkansas over Ohio State?  Maybe a top OL or RB.   Ohio State is on another level right now and arguably have the best coach in college football.  Kid made the best choice for him at the time.  Hindsight is always 20/20.
It depends on how important playing time is to him. You have a much better chance of climbing our depth chart than Ohio States. I'm a Razorback fan but I'm also honest. It is what it is right now. Hopefully that narrative will change in due time.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on August 10, 2017, 02:06:41 pm
Who says either Hill or Frazier would start here? Because they were blue chip prospects mean they'd automatically be starters here?
Be honest with yourself. Would they not have a better chance?

RME

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 10, 2017, 02:10:36 pm
Be honest with yourself. Would they not have a better chance?

Chance? In terms of having a chance to prove to Bret Bielema or Nick Saban or Urban Meyer that they should play, I'd imagine all three coaches would give them a chance. From there, it's up to the player himself. Who's to say Cornelius, Pettway, Nance, and Stewart wouldn't start over Hill?

code red

We could use KJ don't kid yourself...ironically...we must conclude he is not here...irrelevant.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Youngsta71701

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on August 10, 2017, 02:14:28 pm
Chance? In terms of having a chance to prove to Bret Bielema or Nick Saban or Urban Meyer that they should play, I'd imagine all three coaches would give them a chance. From there, it's up to the player himself. Who's to say Cornelius, Pettway, Nance, and Stewart wouldn't start over Hill?
My point is, if you stop and think for a minute, is that Alabama and Ohio State clearly get more 4 and 5 star players than Arkansas does and ANY position and I do mean ANY. Therefore there is more quality competition vying for the spot. Sense some people clearly don't understand, there it is.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: code red on August 10, 2017, 02:17:50 pm
We could use KJ don't kid yourself...ironically...we must conclude he is not here...irrelevant.
About the best way it can be put. Short, simple, and to the point. The same way I feel about Crockett. And it stuck out even more when Williams went down. Both are irrelevant but it is something to talk about. And right now we can use something to talk about. LOL...

Poker_hog

Quote from: code red on August 10, 2017, 02:17:50 pm

If he can't crack the starting line up in year three there it's doubtful he could be an impact player in the sec.  Doesn't matter how many stars he had.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Poker_hog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 10, 2017, 02:25:29 pm
About the best way it can be put. Short, simple, and to the point. The same way I feel about Crockett. And it stuck out even more when Williams went down. Both are irrelevant but it is something to talk about. And right now we can use something to talk about. LOL...

Crockett was productive as a true freshman in a tougher conference.  KJ is a back up in year 3.

hawganatic

So following some of the logic in this thread, do some of you think Will Gragg and La'Michael Pettway regret coming to Arkansas.

Same year as Hill and both have playing time/stats than Hill does.  Surely they are both wishing they had taken one of the many other offers they had at big time schools.

hawganatic

Quote from: Poker_hog on August 10, 2017, 03:01:27 pm
If he can't crack the starting line up in year three there it's doubtful he could be an impact player in the sec.  Doesn't matter how many stars he had.

You really don't watch much football, do you?

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Poker_hog on August 10, 2017, 03:02:37 pm
Crockett was productive as a true freshman in a tougher conference.  KJ is a back up in year 3.

We were average at wr. OSU has elite talent.

Really poor comparison. But why does it matter anyway?

Wildhog

We'll never know what KJ would have done here, but I don't think it's unfair to say he'd have gotten a shot at more PT here.
1909/1964/1965/1977

cosmodrum

Forgot all about Kim Jong Hill
Go away, batin'

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Poker_hog on August 10, 2017, 03:02:37 pm
Like code red said we could us both of them, don't kid yourself, but neither are here so it doesn't matter. That's the statement I was responding too.

Poker_hog

Quote from: hawganatic on August 10, 2017, 03:27:44 pm
So following some of the logic in this thread, do some of you think Will Gragg and La'Michael Pettway regret coming to Arkansas.

Same year as Hill and both have playing time/stats than Hill does.  Surely they are both wishing they had taken one of the many other offers they had at big time schools.

That makes no sense.  Pettway is projected as a starter.

hawganatic

Quote from: Poker_hog on August 10, 2017, 04:09:41 pm
That makes no sense.  Pettway is projected as a starter.

Makes as much sense as anything else in this thread.

Poker_hog

Quote from: hawganatic on August 10, 2017, 04:43:00 pm
Makes as much sense as anything else in this thread.

You really don't watch much football do you?

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogsanity on August 10, 2017, 09:06:02 am
Many of you highly over rate the in state job prospects of players simply because they played for the Hogs. That may have been the case 20+ years ago, but for the most part employers hire people that con competently do the job and help their company succeed. They do not go around just hiring ex-hog players.

I think you may be surprised at how wrong you are. Sure they aren't giving jobs to hogs that aren't qualified but LOTS of ex hogs work for the major employers in the state. It's still a thing.

Poker_hog

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 10, 2017, 04:55:30 pm
I think you may be surprised at how wrong you are. Sure they aren't giving jobs to hogs that aren't qualified but LOTS of ex hogs work for the major employers in the state. It's still a thing.

I see it a lot with people in sales.  It really helps to be a hot female or ex athlete.

Bubba's Bruisers

Would loved to have signed a talent like Hill.  But it's not a regret.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hogman2