Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is Gary cross?

Started by bythelake, August 08, 2017, 05:27:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bythelake

Thought I had been keeping up with players, but now I'm hearing about a new receiver that is the fastest on the team.  Also played with the ones.  Anybody know details.

HamSammich

Fordyce kid that we recruited who hurt his knee. We asked him to go to jr college. He rehabbed one year and had two pretty solid seasons. The hogs kept up with him and brought him in. That's honestly about all I know about him. I'm not even sure if I spelled fordyce correctly

Edit- might have been an ankle I forget. I'm sure it was a leg isssue though.

HamSammich

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on August 08, 2017, 05:50:50 pm
ACL, I believe. Also didn't qualify out of HS. Had him as a safety prospect out of HS and recruited him late and had an offer until didn't qualify, which I think they knew all along and developed a plan to get him into a JUCO and rehabbed/developed. Went quiet on him and never heard much, so glad he ended up making it and can make a contribution! I guess he took to receiver more while at JUCO. Regardless, it's always uplifting to realize a situation that does workout for the good instead of another wasted talent situation. My whole family used to live in Fordyce, so glad to see Redbug succeed

Thanks man. When I get home I'll try to find some juco film online and post.

bythelake

Thanks guys, is he that fast?

HamSammich

Quote from: bythelake on August 08, 2017, 06:03:58 pm

I honestly don't know. I'll ask a couple of friends that have been watching some practice. Someone in hogville will probably know though.

wildhogman

Check out the recruiting board. Toward bottom is a thread on this kid. Coming out of HS many thought he would be a safety. I didn't watch the film on him but apparently he is very fast

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

RebelW

Coach said he is one of the top fastest on the team. Trey buddy said the top 4 fastest players on our team is from south Arkansas.

bythelake

twistitup

Quote from: bythelake on August 08, 2017, 06:32:21 pm
Thanks twist.

No problem...I'm pulling for this kid. He may be the x factory we've been looking for.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: HamSammich on August 08, 2017, 05:37:12 pm
Fordyce kid that we recruited who hurt his knee. We asked him to go to jr college. He rehabbed one year and had two pretty solid seasons. The hogs kept up with him and brought him in. That's honestly about all I know about him. I'm not even sure if I spelled fordyce correctly

Edit- might have been an ankle I forget. I'm sure it was a leg isssue though.
for someone claiming that they  don't know Shinola, you seem to know plenty. Lol
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

hawgmasta

Quote from: twistitup on August 08, 2017, 06:39:31 pm
No problem...I'm pulling for this kid. He may be the x factory we've been looking for.

We could use a few more x factories around the program.

onebadrubi

So if he rehabbed a year and played two in juco, does he have 2 to play 2?

I wish we could get one of these kids in our back 4 on defense with all this speed.  Our elite speed keeps ending up on offense. 

twistitup

Quote from: hawgmasta on August 08, 2017, 07:03:40 pm

very true

onebadrubi

Not a knock on the coaches at all, but we lost out on a south arkansas kid this year who supposedly has elite speed.  FYI, we lost out on him because he was dragging his feet for a better offer and we filled his spots with other good players. 

Meant to quote the south arkansas post

onebadrubi

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on August 08, 2017, 07:07:17 pm
Yes, that's how I understand it. And I agree, but we did just get some freshmen DBs that really impressed the older guys with their speed. We also just passed on an in-state south Arkansas DB that has some go.

Ahh great minds think alike, mine is just a few seconds slow! and Thanks for the info

onebadrubi

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on August 08, 2017, 07:19:42 pm
No doubt! Personally, I would have rather had Bishop over McCallister, but certainly doesn't hurt pulling in more Dallas metro players! And he could very well be a great player. Bishop just has speed, which as everyone's heard time and time again, you can't teach. Coaches have their reasons though, so I'll defer to their judgement

Well, I can understand the taking of McCallister, he wanted here while bishop was dragging his feet and to find out it was most likely waiting on an LSU offer. 

bennyl08

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2013/dec/02/monda/

"Redbugs Coach Tim Rodgers said Cross runs about a 4.5 time in the 40 yard dash."

However, given his leaping, I'd say he is probably very explosive.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

hawgmasta

At first I thought this was gonna be a journalistic adventure had by all. Who is Gary Cross?

HamSammich

Quote from: PORKULATOR on August 08, 2017, 06:55:59 pm
for someone claiming that they  don't know Shinola, you seem to know plenty. Lol

I'm old. I wake up every morning around 4 and spend 2 hours reading about hs football on the country, college football in the u.s, and conspiracy sites for chuckles. I honestly don't know jack Didley about this fella. Hope he is like another I didn't know about named Morgan.

Tusks

The Hogs need some x factors in the back defensive 7/8 in the worst way.   Haven't had any in what seems like a while.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ridgehog88

Looking at his high school film, the kid was a headhunter on defense.  After hearing his story with the injury and juco, you want to see a kid like him excel.

tophawg19

i thought he would return as a safety because he liked to hit and was good at it
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ChicoHog

Did not play football until senior year in HS.  Amazing but shows how athletic ability can trump experience and football IQ.  With a couple JC years under his belt he should now be pretty astute on the WR position. 

HamSammich

Just watched his juco film on hudl have three thoughts that are just my opinion.

Silky fast. Not a burner

Can catch a friggin ball with ppl hanging all over him

Super strange route discipline

I'm hopeful

Tusks

Who is Gary Cross ?  He's so bad he keeps Chuck Norris up at night.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

The Kig

Maybe not around the program.  Stuff is still illegal.
Poker Porker

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: The Kig on August 09, 2017, 09:56:39 am
Maybe not around the program.  Stuff is still illegal.
Thread ;D ;D
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

JIHawg

Think Joe Adams potential.

GuvHog

Quote from: JIHawg on August 09, 2017, 12:20:55 pm
Think Joe Adams potential.

Better yet, think Jarius Wright potential.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

1highhog

Quote from: bythelake on August 08, 2017, 05:27:44 pm
Thought I had been keeping up with players, but now I'm hearing about a new receiver that is the fastest on the team.  Also played with the ones.  Anybody know details.

You ask who is Gary Cross?  Only the fastest guy you'll ever see.

Quote from: HamSammich on August 08, 2017, 09:43:10 pm
Just watched his juco film on hudl have three thoughts that are just my opinion.

Silky fast. Not a burner

Can catch a friggin ball with ppl hanging all over him

Super strange route discipline

I'm hopeful

You don't think that Gary Cross is super Fast???  Once, he swiped all the hair off the back of Chuck Norris without ol' Chuck never feelin' a thing, that's how fast Gary Cross is.  You can bet your money on it MMQ, Gary is gonna be the X factor we've all been praying for.

bennyl08

Quote from: 1highhog on August 09, 2017, 01:00:45 pm
You ask who is Gary Cross?  Only the fastest guy you'll never see.

FIFY

If you can see him, it means he's not that fast. ;)

Though in terms of actual numbers, his HS coach thinks he runs around a 4.5 per Richard Davenport.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 09, 2017, 01:21:01 pm
FIFY

Though in terms of actual numbers, his HS coach thinks he runs around a 4.5 per Richard Davenport.
recruiting sites says 4.4
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Andrew Hogfan

After watching his hudl video.... I want him at safety bad,  kid looks like a head hunter.  Either way,  I'm happy he's a hog.
WPS!!!

1highhog

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 09, 2017, 01:21:01 pm
FIFY

I see what you did there,,, true dat.

bennyl08

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 09, 2017, 01:31:34 pm

They also claimed Mallett ran a 4.8 (5.3) ... Alex Collins ran a 4.45 (4.59), Hunter Henry listed as 4.8 (4.68), Spaight 4.56 (4.8). These are not cherry picked names. This is extremely common.

And so on and so forth. About the only thing recruiting sites are accurate with in reporting 40 yard dash times is that they are accurately not accurate.

The kids aren't running electronically timed forties in HS unless they go to something like the Nike sparq camp. Typically, you have at best them getting timed by hand from their coach which already biases the forty times lower than they normally would be, but then you have the coach/player being motivated to stretch the numbers a bit to make them more appealing recruits.

FraggleHog

Quote from: twistitup on August 08, 2017, 06:39:31 pm

Is that where they make the... ya know... naughty movies?
Calling the Hogs from DFW

bennyl08

Quote from: FraggleHog on August 09, 2017, 02:49:30 pm
Is that where they make the... ya know... naughty movies?

That's where they continue the wussification of 'murica. We need some Y factories 'round our program to turn these boys into men!

rljjr

I've heard he could beat Tanner English.

hawgmasta

Quote from: rljjr on August 09, 2017, 03:39:21 pm
I've heard he could beat Tanner English.

In a foot race he would have tanner by, I'd say 10-12 feet.

Youngsta71701

Who is Gary cross? One bad mother (shut you mouth)!
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 08, 2017, 07:42:14 pm
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2013/dec/02/monda/

"Redbugs Coach Tim Rodgers said Cross runs about a 4.5 time in the 40 yard dash."

However, given his leaping, I'd say he is probably very explosive.
Oh yeah, he's fast without trying to be fast. Looks like he may have tore his ACL at the 2:08 mark.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

KlubhouseKonnected

Someone that is not a part of project mayhem.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

ricepig

Arthur pigby sellers.

Pretty sure he's the guy that sang "Sailing" and the theme song to the movie Arthur. 

HamSammich

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 09, 2017, 01:31:34 pm

I didn't see 4.4 in hudl highlights.... I see a sneaky fast guy that can catch in traffic like joe Adams

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 09, 2017, 01:55:23 pm
They also claimed Mallett ran a 4.8 (5.3) ... Alex Collins ran a 4.45 (4.59), Hunter Henry listed as 4.8 (4.68), Spaight 4.56 (4.8). These are not cherry picked names. This is extremely common.

And so on and so forth. About the only thing recruiting sites are accurate with in reporting 40 yard dash times is that they are accurately not accurate.

The kids aren't running electronically timed forties in HS unless they go to something like the Nike sparq camp. Typically, you have at best them getting timed by hand from their coach which already biases the forty times lower than they normally would be, but then you have the coach/player being motivated to stretch the numbers a bit to make them more appealing recruits.

I agree with your post for the most part. I read on another site that he was one of the fastest guys on the entire team. IDK anything for real. Reed had amazing speed until they harped on him putting weight on and he lost some of his speed and become average. Speed kills.

bennyl08

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 09, 2017, 08:39:57 pm
I agree with your post for the most part. I read on another site that he was one of the fastest guys on the entire team. IDK anything for real. Reed had amazing speed until they harped on him putting weight on and he lost some of his speed and become average. Speed kills.

Elaborate more on Reed because he never put on weight and ran a sub 4.40 forty. I guess, technically he put on some weight. He came here weighing 172 and left here weighing 175. His highest recorded weight was 182 at our pro day where he ran sub 4.40 in the forty which I guess is "average"?

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 09, 2017, 08:39:57 pm

Reed did not add weight and lose speed. Unfortunately Reed just spent the summer between his junior and senior year reading articles about how great he was instead of focusing on mastering his craft. I was very disappointed because he had crazy ability but let the same habit he had in high school limit his potential
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on August 09, 2017, 09:07:51 pm
Reed did not add weight and lose speed. Unfortunately Reed just spent the summer between his junior and senior year reading articles about how great he was instead of focusing on mastering his craft. I was very disappointed because he had crazy ability but let the same habit he had in high school limit his potential

Reed was so much better in 2015.