Pages:
Actions
  • #51 by AlmaHog2011 on 09 Aug 2017
  • They also claimed Mallett ran a 4.8 (5.3) ... Alex Collins ran a 4.45 (4.59), Hunter Henry listed as 4.8 (4.68), Spaight 4.56 (4.8). These are not cherry picked names. This is extremely common.

And so on and so forth. About the only thing recruiting sites are accurate with in reporting 40 yard dash times is that they are accurately not accurate.

The kids aren't running electronically timed forties in HS unless they go to something like the Nike sparq camp. Typically, you have at best them getting timed by hand from their coach which already biases the forty times lower than they normally would be, but then you have the coach/player being motivated to stretch the numbers a bit to make them more appealing recruits.

I agree with your post for the most part. I read on another site that he was one of the fastest guys on the entire team. IDK anything for real. Reed had amazing speed until they harped on him putting weight on and he lost some of his speed and become average. Speed kills.
  • #52 by bennyl08 on 09 Aug 2017
  • I agree with your post for the most part. I read on another site that he was one of the fastest guys on the entire team. IDK anything for real. Reed had amazing speed until they harped on him putting weight on and he lost some of his speed and become average. Speed kills.

Elaborate more on Reed because he never put on weight and ran a sub 4.40 forty. I guess, technically he put on some weight. He came here weighing 172 and left here weighing 175. His highest recorded weight was 182 at our pro day where he ran sub 4.40 in the forty which I guess is "average"?
  • #53 by KlubhouseKonnected on 09 Aug 2017
  • I agree with your post for the most part. I read on another site that he was one of the fastest guys on the entire team. IDK anything for real. Reed had amazing speed until they harped on him putting weight on and he lost some of his speed and become average. Speed kills.

Reed did not add weight and lose speed. Unfortunately Reed just spent the summer between his junior and senior year reading articles about how great he was instead of focusing on mastering his craft. I was very disappointed because he had crazy ability but let the same habit he had in high school limit his potential
  • #54 by Arkansas Fan on 09 Aug 2017
  • Reed did not add weight and lose speed. Unfortunately Reed just spent the summer between his junior and senior year reading articles about how great he was instead of focusing on mastering his craft. I was very disappointed because he had crazy ability but let the same habit he had in high school limit his potential

Reed was so much better in 2015.
  • #55 by bennyl08 on 09 Aug 2017
  • Reed was so much better in 2015.

If those 3 extra pounds of weight slowed him down that much, then he wasn't a very good football player.
  • #56 by KlubhouseKonnected on 09 Aug 2017
  • Reed was so much better in 2015.

Yeah he was and he was not really all the way up on the whole play book then as I recall. What a shame.
  • #57 by HamSammich on 10 Aug 2017
  • "You guys worry too much about 40 times"-Every relevant NFL receiver ... in history
  • #58 by Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on 10 Aug 2017
  • How tall is he?
  • #59 by onebadrubi on 10 Aug 2017
Pages:
Actions