Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another Gem From Red Cup Rebellion

Started by davglo35, August 08, 2017, 01:35:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

phadedhawg

That was a crazy game.  One of my favorite Hog memories. 

When we scored the touchdown in overtime I jokingly yelled "LET'S GO FOR 2!" followed by an immediate "OMG, we are going for 2!??!?!?!?!". 

Great call by Coach.  We were going to have problems keeping Ole Miss out of the endzone on the short field in overtime so he rolled the dice. 

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: phadedhawg on August 08, 2017, 02:03:49 pm
That was a crazy game.  One of my favorite Hog memories. 

When we scored the touchdown in overtime I jokingly yelled "LET'S GO FOR 2!" followed by an immediate "OMG, we are going for 2!??!?!?!?!". 

Great call by Coach.  We were going to have problems keeping Ole Miss out of the endzone on the short field in overtime so he rolled the dice. 

That's kind of funny I remember grabbing my buddy and saying we needed to go for two and end it now. I felt that we had probably used up too much luck to settle for a kick to tie the game, with the way Kelly was running I could see that being a huge problem on the short field.

I was nervous when they actually did line up for 2 but recall saying that in my opinion it's the right call win or lose.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Biggus Piggus

That might have been the most enjoyable Arkansas football game I ever watched, including the Orange Bowl against OU and the 42-11 shellacking of No. 1 Texas.
[CENSORED]!

ifghog

Definitely one of the greatest games in Razorbacks history.

Paul

I was sitting smack dab in the middle of the fairly big donor section...it was delicious

Pigsknuckles

We should have at least got a Candy-Gram from Bama following that win.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: ifghog on August 09, 2017, 07:46:47 am
Definitely one of the greatest games in Razorbacks history.
It would have been a showstopper against any team, but squelching Ole Miss in Oxford, well...