2019 at Kentucky
    2020 vs. Tennessee
    2021 at Georgia
    2022 vs. South Carolina
    2023 at Florida
    2024 vs. Kentucky
    2025 at Vanderbilt

Kentucky and Georgia will be great trips

Bourbon Trail and Keenland Racing the 2 days before the game in Lexington and then Athens is a great college town and a nice stadium experience.
  • #2 by Hugo Bezdek on 08 Aug 2017
  • Arkansas Razorbacks

2017 at South Carolina
    2018 vs. Vanderbilt
    2019 at Kentucky
    2020 vs. Tennessee
    2021 at Georgia
    2022 vs. South Carolina
    2023 at Florida
    2024 vs. Kentucky
    2025 at Vanderbilt

Kentucky and Georgia will be great trips

Bourbon Trail and Keenland Racing the 2 days before the game in Lexington and then Athens is a great college town and a nice stadium experience.

The Bourbon trail is awesome. Highly recommend it.
  • #3 by Inhogswetrust on 08 Aug 2017
  • The Bourbon trail is awesome. Highly recommend it.

I drunkenly recommend it.
  • #4 by bigpigpimpin on 08 Aug 2017
  • You can bet vandy will play in little Rock. Hogs must play 1 more game there and I believe in the contract little rock is still owed 1 more sec game.
  • #5 by George S. Pigton on 09 Aug 2017
  • that's a pretty good bet, but I also wouldn't be shocked to see Jeff just pay LRK $3 million to just go away and play that game here as he has a new stadium to show off.
  • #6 by tusked on 09 Aug 2017
  • Since the Hogs joined the SEC I'd bet they've played Vanderbilt the least of all the West teams.
  • #7 by GoHogzzGo on 09 Aug 2017
  • Since the Hogs joined the SEC I'd bet they've played Vanderbilt the least of all the West teams.

Yup. Shoot doesn't ole miss get them yearly? And Kentucky for MSU? Crazy. Rotate the full cross conference schedule. I don't care about preserving Bama v Tenner or Aub v FU. If I got those correct.
  • #8 by bennyl08 on 09 Aug 2017

I think we've also played LSU the most among the East teams?
  • #9 by WizardofhOgZ on 10 Aug 2017
  • I think we've also played LSU the most among the East teams?

Huh?  LSU and Arkansas are both in the West division.
  • #10 by HamSammich on 10 Aug 2017
  • I think we've also played LSU the most among the East teams?
  • #11 by WizardofhOgZ on 10 Aug 2017

Absolutely.  I actually did the research a couple of years ago (can't find it at the moment) and I found that we had played them less than any other SEC team . . . by 3 or 4 games . . . and - not surprisingly - the SEC West team that had played them the MOST was . . . Alabama.  What a surprise! (NOT!).

These days, it doesn't make so much of a difference - as Alabama really IS that much better than all the other teams.  But most don't know that back "in the day", the Bear got fat on a steady diet of Vandy.  Moreover, the SEC had a jumbled pattern of not playing the same number of SEC games (believe it or not), so some SEC teams got permission to count non-conference games as SEC contests on a one-time basis.  Alabama also exploited this loophole to great advantage several times, which helped them to win several close races for the SEC crown (unstable as it was, since many of the teams did not play each other and - as noted - some got to count random non-conference games as SEC wins). 

One reason I never cared too much for the Old Bear.  Very good football coach, to be sure.  But in those days, he was able to get away with murder - and he did.  He stretched the rules every which way, and the SEC turned a blind eye.
  • #12 by nchogg on 10 Aug 2017
  • Huh?  LSU and Arkansas are both in the West division.
    benny is just being silly since Vandy is in the east.
  • #13 by nwahogfan1 on 10 Aug 2017
  • You can bet vandy will play in little Rock. Hogs must play 1 more game there and I believe in the contract little rock is still owed 1 more sec game.
    I hope not.  If we do not have to play a SEC game at the Rock again I do not think we should.  RRS after these renovations are over is beautiful and should be showed off as much as possible.  I wouldn't be surprised if Long buys out the remaining years of the contract with Little Rock.  Its dollars and cents.
  • #14 by Hog Fan...DOH! on 10 Aug 2017
  • I fully expect Vandy to be led by rising allstar QB, Cam Newton Cutler.
  • #15 by Hogopolis on 10 Aug 2017
  • I want Arkansas to play Tennessee more.  To me, when that series was ended on a yearly basis, it was the one SEC game I looked forward to more than any other. 
Pages:
Actions