Fall is coming

Started by ricepig, August 06, 2017, 08:17:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

AirWarren

I don't understand the infatuation with this stupid show.

LRHog

Quote from: AP85 on August 06, 2017, 09:04:52 pm

??? ::)

rhames

Sucks that you have such a terrible life
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

LRHog

Quote from: rhames on August 06, 2017, 09:13:34 pm

Some people cant enjoy things, some people cant stand that others enjoy things so they tear em down for it. Makes sense.

rhames

August 06, 2017, 09:18:17 pm #6 Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 07:35:57 am by rhames
Quote from: LRHog on August 06, 2017, 09:17:25 pm
Some people cant enjoy things, some people cant stand that others enjoy things so they tear em down for it. Makes sense.

Agree.

Using the adjective "stupid" is laughable when referring to one of the most critically acclaimed shows in the past maybe 20 years

And a show that has made a pop culture impact on the 2017 football team

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

theFlyingHog

I don't even know what show this refers to. Sometimes it sucks working 100 hour weeks

rhames

Quote from: theFlyingHog on August 06, 2017, 09:21:41 pm
I don't even know what show this refers to. Sometimes it sucks working 100 hour weeks

Game of Thrones

FANONTHEHILL

Start with reading the books.  They're excellent. Show is very good, the books are off the charts.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Cinco de Hogo

No doubt the world has passed me by.

And there are a lot of things I don't miss.

Because I don't know what I'm missing.

Good or bad?

Jborohog09

The SEC is dark and full of terrors.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: rhames on August 06, 2017, 09:23:28 pm

Game of Thrones

Cercy is ready!!!!!   Not sure that's how it's spelled. Oh well. She's still ready!!!!! Until tonight happen.  She might have a little set back.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Pig in the Pokey

best damn show ever
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on August 06, 2017, 10:04:25 pm
Cercy is ready!!!!!   Not sure that's how it's spelled. Oh well. She's still ready!!!!! Until tonight happen.  She might have a little set back.
a bit. but, they maimed Drakarus. And that is no bueno...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: rhames on August 06, 2017, 09:23:28 pm

Game of Thrones
check your inbox for link to every episode
@Slackaveli

Hawghiggs

Quote from: theFlyingHog on August 06, 2017, 09:21:41 pm

Find something different to do. Wasting your life at a job is pointless.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Hawghiggs on August 06, 2017, 10:34:45 pm
Find something different to do. Wasting your life at a job is pointless.

Just about as pointless no a lot less pointless than tying you life's enjoyment to a fake tv show.

Show may be great

Job may have great

One thing is sure, your gonna get a lot more out of what you need in life from a great job.

jkstock04

Keep in mind this is the same guy that claims spending money on and going to Razorback games is braindead dumb.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

sickboy

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 06, 2017, 10:41:03 pm
Just about as pointless no a lot less pointless than tying you life's enjoyment to a fake tv show.

Show may be great

Job may have great

One thing is sure, your gonna get a lot more out of what you need in life from a great job.

Dude. You've spent 50 days of your life on this website reading random people you're never going to meet talk out of their butts about Razorback Sports. I've spent less on Game of Thrones. :)

Also, one of my friends is a writer on Game of Thrones. He's a drunk genius from Alabama who's half Japanese, half redneck and one of the most brilliantly disfunctional, yet highly talented people I've ever known. He found the job that kills two birds with one stone. Gets to watch every episode of the best TV ever made and gets paid like a Prince to do it.

AirWarren

I have a terrible life because I think game of thrones sucks?

Sad.

sickboy

August 06, 2017, 11:36:59 pm #21 Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 11:48:26 pm by sickboy
Quote from: AP85 on August 06, 2017, 11:11:22 pm

Sad.

No offense, and I mean that honestly, but I'll take a Winter is Coming reference over the use of "Sad" to punctuate a thought in a condescending way. I never thought the way Donald Trump argues over Twitter would end up being his most lasting legacy. But I think it might end up being just that.

And hey, everyone likes different things. As I mentioned above, we all spend an irrational amount of time on this website talking about Hogs sports. It's irrelevant to 90% of the population. My wife questions my sanity. Yet, for us -- it's entertainment.

So, you don't get Game of Thrones. No big deal. Doesn't mean it doesn't have meaning for those of us who do like it.

cosmodrum

Always pleasant, gotta be what that AP stsnds for.
Go away, batin'

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: sickboy on August 06, 2017, 11:11:10 pm
Dude. You've spent 50 days of your life on this website reading random people you're never going to meet talk out of their butts about Razorback Sports. I've spent less on Game of Thrones. :)

Also, one of my friends is a writer on Game of Thrones. He's a drunk genius from Alabama who's half Japanese, half redneck and one of the most brilliantly disfunctional, yet highly talented people I've ever known. He found the job that kills two birds with one stone. Gets to watch every episode of the best TV ever made and gets paid like a Prince to do it.

Ah but I don't praise this website and dump on my job.  Just a matter of what's really important.  By the way did that writer share any of his new found loot with you for your time spent watching his show?  And besides The Razorbacks are about #4 on my list of most important things in my life, is Game of Thrones that to you?  Will it be 50 years from now when you are 60?

ZERO

I don't much care for it for the soap opera-like way they keep killing off all the characters I like, haha. But the show itself is tremendously well-written (easy given the source material, I guess), the action scenes are legendary, and the story is fascinating. And the casting is spot on. To call it a stupid show, you must just really, really hate the fantasy genre. That or you hate memes. I loosely keep up with it because my girlfriend is addicted to it and I've slowly come around.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

rhames

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 06, 2017, 10:27:39 pm
check your inbox for link to every episode

I own them all except this season of course.

rhames

Quote from: AP85 on August 06, 2017, 11:11:22 pm

Sad.

Yeah. Basically. It is sad.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Pig in the Pokey

I've never seen so many people get butthurt b/c of a show that they refuse to watch. Like , seriously, 100's of millions saying it's the best show ever must be trippin.
@Slackaveli

The_Iceman

It is only the greatest show ever made. But this is Hogville so someone has to complain.

razorbackfan4life

Who am I?

I am no one. 

RazorPiggie

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: rhames on August 06, 2017, 09:18:17 pm

Agree.

Using the adjective "stupid" is laughable when referring to one of the most critically acclaimed shows in the past maybe 20 years

And a show that has made a pop culture impact on the 2017 football team

There have been a lot of shows over the years that was critically acclaimed that didn't make it and a lot that were skewered by the critics that did make it. That being said it has been a huge success and my hats off to it but I never got interested in it. I don't base my entertainment choices by what so-called professional critics say.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Polecat

Then this must be Saban.....
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

rljjr

Watched one episode. Didn't like it. Others do and that's cool. Life is great that way. We all get to make choices. Have a ton of friends who think it is incredible. Have a few who think it sucks. Why do we care if other people approve of our tv viewing habits, or take so much offense when somebody has a differing opinion? It's like having lunch with me and saying that you can't believe I like chicken and being offended because I tell you I love it. look inward at your own choices before you come at me for mine.

rhames

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 07, 2017, 08:49:29 am
There have been a lot of shows over the years that was critically acclaimed that didn't make it and a lot that were skewered by the critics that did make it. That being said it has been a huge success and my hats off to it but I never got interested in it. I don't base my entertainment choices by what so-called professional critics say.

Most people don't. It's actually rare to have a show or movie that is liked by both. Simply what I was pointing out.

Not everything is for every one, but it is dumb to write something off and discredit it as stupid just because it isn't for you.  (Not in reference to you specifically )

razorbacker3

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 06, 2017, 10:25:45 pm
best damn show ever
I never watched the show until Feb. Retired and moved. Binged watched the past 6 seasons in about 11 days. Always wanted to watch it but just didn't take the time. Couldn't wait for season 7 and now can't wait for sunday night 's episode! Awesome show. Fantastic battle scene last night. Maybe the best episode ever last night! Only 3 more episodes until it's done for this season and we'll have to wait until fall of '18 or spring of '19 for the final season.

Wildhog

Quote from: razorbacker3 on August 07, 2017, 11:06:58 am
I never watched the show until Feb. Retired and moved. Binged watched the past 6 seasons in about 11 days. Always wanted to watch it but just didn't take the time. Couldn't wait for season 7 and now can't wait for sunday night 's episode! Awesome show. Fantastic battle scene last night. Maybe the best episode ever last night! Only 3 more episodes until it's done for this season and we'll have to wait until fall of '18 or spring of '19 for the final season.

Don't think it's the best ever, but it's top 5-ish, imo.

Hardhome, Winds of Winter, and Battle of the Bastards are my personal top three.  Not necessarily in that order.
1909/1964/1965/1977

razorbacker3

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 06, 2017, 10:26:26 pm
a bit. but, they maimed Drakarus. And that is no bueno...
His name is Drogon...Drakarus is Danys command to let loose his fire-breathing in a serious way...

razorbacker3

I played the GOT slot machine at Oaklawn and won some money and I wanted to know who these people and places were so I watched them. 8)

sickboy

Quote from: rhames on August 07, 2017, 09:07:31 am

Most people don't. It's actually rare to have a show or movie that is liked by both. Simply what I was pointing out.

Not everything is for every one, but it is dumb to write something off and discredit it as stupid just because it isn't for you.  (Not in reference to you specifically )

It happens. Every time I watched that show Scrubs I got a weird, uncomfortable feeling like I used to get when my uncle Ronnie would tell jokes in public. A whole lot of cringing and waiting for sympathy laughs. But people love it like it were some culty, slightly under-the-radar Seinfeld or something. And I get the appeal and wouldn't crap on the show because I understand people have different tastes. Just because Scrubs, for me, is my Uncle Ronnie, doesn't mean it can't be someone else's Seinfeld.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: razorbacker3 on August 07, 2017, 11:06:58 am
It was certainly one of the 'classic' episodes last night . Very enjoyable. I started watching halfway thru season 3 after binge watching the first two seasons over a 3 day weekend. Show is the tits.
@Slackaveli

IronMountainHog

Lol at best show ever. Obviously surrounded by dorks with low standards when it comes to rating television shows. It's funny seeing them attack people who do not agree or watch the show. It's like 1983 again and watching the Dungeon and Dragons nerds getting wound up. Nevertheless, for those who are fans enjoy. Just don't attack those who are not into the fantasy genre or have better things to do than watch this series.

Wildhog

Quote from: IronMountainHog on August 07, 2017, 12:15:16 pm
Lol at best show ever. Obviously surrounded by dorks with low standards when it comes to rating television shows. It's funny seeing them attack people who do not agree or watch the show. It's like 1983 again and watching the Dungeon and Dragons nerds getting wound up.

How much GoT have you watched? 

I don't know about the best ever, because Breaking Bad is tough to beat (and I still haven't watched The Wire).  But GoT is just an absolute blast to watch.
1909/1964/1965/1977

rhames

Lol at best show ever. Obviously surrounded by dorks with low standards when it comes to rating television shows. It's funny seeing them attack people who do not agree or watch the show. It's like 1983 again and watching the Dungeon and Dragons nerds getting wound up. Nevertheless, for those who are fans enjoy. Just don't attack those who are not into the fantasy genre or have better things to do than watch this series.

Just out of curiosity. What's a good show in your opinion since people who like GoT have low standards?

I'll hang up and listen

Hayden1865

Love the show, but them using our starters as faces on the wall isn't what you want.

If you watch the show having your face on the wall is not a great thing haha.
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive.

Wildhog

Quote from: Hayden1865 on August 07, 2017, 12:37:02 pm
Love the show, but them using our starters as faces on the wall isn't what you want.

Yeah, I thought the same thing.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Hayden1865 on August 07, 2017, 12:37:02 pm

It's a Sr's poster.

Hayden1865

Quote from: ricepig on August 07, 2017, 12:37:52 pm
It's a Sr's poster.

Gotcha, well still I think someone overlooked how/why faces get added to the wall.
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive.

colbs

I know a bunch of people you wouldn't consider nerds that love the show.  A lot people think anyone that is on a message board is nerd too. If you have watched it and don't like it then I guess we can agree to disagree. IMO it's right up there with Breaking Bad and The Wire.  I am not going to say it's the best yet because the show isn't over yet but it has a chance if it finishing strong.