Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hammonds injury question/ J-Red off the 105

Started by pa_rob424, August 06, 2017, 04:35:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pa_rob424

Coach B says Hammonds is out with an MCL sprain but other reports have said he had surgery for a torn meniscus. I realize it could be both, but I've not seen any interviews/reports that have stated he had both. Are we getting accurate injury reports??  Also makes me wonder why you take our most important receiver off the 105 when he could be getting in the ears of our young receivers during camp. Why do this?  Is having another player, who won't sniff the field this season, getting reps more important than J-Red being able to lead his position group?  As young as we are at receiver, the more reps the contributors can get the better. With Cornelius out there, they would each get more reps plus learn from him and Coach Smith.  Just not sure it's of any real benefit to remove him from the 105.

rhames

If he isn't practicing right now there is no reason to have him on the 105

Relax. Take a breath.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

PorkRinds

Well look here. We have another guy questioning decisions he knows little to nothing about.  Well, guy, he explained it in his presser. Go watch.

pa_rob424

Yeah the explanations I've seen make no sense. Other guys who aren't practicing due to injury are still on the 105. He's the most experienced guy we have at receiver, so let's make it to where he can't even be in meetings, practice or watch film with his group or coaches. Trying to figure out what I'm missing here. If you don't have a sensible explanation move on to the next thread instead of being a jerk with your reply.

rhames

Quote from: pa_rob424 on August 06, 2017, 04:41:42 pm
Yeah the explanations I've seen make no sense. Other guys who aren't practicing due to injury are still on the 105. He's the most experienced guy we have at receiver, so let's make it to where he can't even be in meetings, practice or watch film with his group or coaches. Trying to figure out what I'm missing here. If you don't have a sensible explanation move on to the next thread instead of being a jerk with your reply.

That's because those guys have stingers and will continue to get reps through fall camp. They made the decision that Jared didn't need to practice until game week. Thus leaving a spot for someone else. Hell it could have been one of the talking points to have him come back.

It makes perfect sense. Who says Jared hasn't led the group in other ways? Do we really know he isn't on sideline. We know he is watching film.

Sounds like you just looking for a reason to panic.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

King Kong

The other guys that are injured and still on the 105 are out days. Seems to make sense to me

pa_rob424

Who says Jared can't lead the group in other ways??  Coach B said that he can't be with the team, whether that's film sessions with coaches or team meetings or be at practice until the fall semester starts.  Maybe they're breaking the rules on this. Hopefully they are.

195bc

Quote from: pa_rob424 on August 06, 2017, 04:35:37 pm
Coach B says Hammonds is out with an MCL sprain but other reports have said he had surgery for a torn meniscus. I realize it could be both, but I've not seen any interviews/reports that have stated he had both. Are we getting accurate injury reports?? 

A tear of a ligament is a sprain. Could be just a mistake of defining what the meniscus is (ligament or otherwise).

rhames

Quote from: pa_rob424 on August 06, 2017, 06:35:36 pm
Who says Jared can't lead the group in other ways??  Coach B said that he can't be with the team, whether that's film sessions with coaches or team meetings or be at practice until the fall semester starts.  Maybe they're breaking the rules on this. Hopefully they are.

I mean I guess you could always email coach and ask him.

bbielema@uark.edu

TebowHater

August 06, 2017, 09:29:08 pm #9 Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 09:40:37 pm by TebowHater
Quote from: 195bc on August 06, 2017, 06:48:54 pm
A tear of a ligament is a sprain. Could be just a mistake of defining what the meniscus is (ligament or otherwise).

MCL stands for medial collateral ligament, not meniscus. There were numerous reports he had surgery. You do not have surgery for most MCL sprains, they heal with time. An MCL sprain is not always the same thing as a tear. A sprain as being described is a stretch (grade 1 sprain - possibly grade 2, partial tear with loosening); a tear is, well, a tear (grade 3 sprain). A grade 3 sprain would likely be up for surgery and would take more than 4 weeks to heal.

If he did in fact have surgery, he probably had an injury to both his MCL and meniscus. The meniscal tear was likely snipped out and Coach B just omitted that part.