Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fanonthehill...got a question for you..

Started by menace_hawg3, August 06, 2017, 12:35:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JRHoward

Thank You again FOTH!   Best of life to # 61!  Enjoy!  I can feel your joy in your words.  Woo Pig!
Woooo Pig!

BDSCT51

FOH: I can only imagine the unbridled joy and pride you and Mrs. FOH feel when that young man runs through the A with the fight song playing and 70K fans going Hogwild. I feel certain that I'd be bawling my eyes out with tears of joy EVERY TIME! Congrats on raising a superb young man and showing us all what college football is supposed to be about!
Bleeding Razorback Red

jgphillips3

I think HOGVILLE should adopt the #61 as our game day jersey number and start wearing it to the games to send a subliminal message to get him on the field.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on August 09, 2017, 11:53:06 am
I think HOGVILLE should adopt the #61 as our game day jersey number and start wearing it to the games to send a subliminal message to get him on the field.
61 was my number the last year I played, so I'm good with this

LRPig

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on August 07, 2017, 01:30:21 pm
He's doing well.  He's also learning what it's like to be a walk on offensive lineman in the SEC.  He's undersized, but strong.  He needed to gain more weight this summer.  It's amazing that coming in at 290 is 10-15lbs light. As far as his development, he's doing all he can to get better every day. He's incredibly intelligent (mother gets credit, I get none).  Last year he worked at guard.  This spring and summer he worked at center.  Low and behold last week, he comes in and is told he will work at tackle.  The advantage he has is that his intelligence has allowed him to know the assignments for all five spots.  He ca make the calls at center and flip from side to side and not miss a beat.  There are only a handful of guys that you can plug in an do that with.  It's why Jake Raulerson is so valuable.  Even if Jake doesn't start, he can sub for anyone.  I don't think Coach Anderson works with a two-deep mentality anyway.  He coached in the NFL and the Bills dressed 8 Olineman.  They all had to know multiple spots.  If Cooper continues to grow and get bigger, he might have a chance to contribute.  If he just gets mop up work or possibly a shot on a special teams unit, that would be great.  Either way, we are proud. This is his third year in the program.  He won't turn 20 until November 4th.  He's a solid Christian young man, an Arkansas Razorback, he's been to two bowl games, he will earn his first bachelors in the spring of 2018 and his second at Christmas of 2019, he will have accomplished a lot more before he's 21 than most folks do in a lifetime.  His mother and I went to the last portion of the scrimmage Saturday.  As we watched the team work, I turned to my wife and asked, "sometimes I still can't believe he's out there." She just laughed and said,"I know, me either."   When we as former high school and/or college players talk to our friends and family and say if I could go back I would....  he's doing just that. Doing things that I wish I'd had the guts to even try. That's the thing we are the proudest of.   It's also why it's says at the bottom of all my posts, Dream Big, Work Hard.  JJ Watt is right and I'm proud to say I raised one little kid that did.

I don't post very often, but this deserves a +1.  As a father of an awesome young man myself, I loved this post.  Good luck to your son.

hogcard1964

Quote from: presidenthog on August 07, 2017, 01:12:23 pm
At least he isn't afraid to call it like he sees it.

Where was this supposed quote from a former player?  I've heard nothing about it, but it sounds like it's not exactly un biased, no?

LRHawg

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 09, 2017, 12:27:47 pm
Where was this supposed quote from a former player?  I've heard nothing about it, but it sounds like it's not exactly un biased, no?

Yep, I asked for it earlier after an extensive search turned up nothing. It's either being suppressed or it's fake news.

supersaint

Quote from: LRHawg on August 09, 2017, 01:59:47 pm
Yep, I asked for it earlier after an extensive search turned up nothing. It's either being suppressed or it's fake news.

It was in this thread and was deleted.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

Mike_e

Quote from: supersaint on August 09, 2017, 03:36:05 pm
It was in this thread and was deleted.

It wasn't really sweatable, moving on.

FOTH, who all has worn 61?  Seems like there were a few that were pretty good.

Not to mention your son of course.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: Mike_e on August 09, 2017, 05:49:37 pm
It wasn't really sweatable, moving on.

FOTH, who all has worn 61?  Seems like there were a few that were pretty good.

Not to mention your son of course.
In recent years DL Zach Stadther and OG Robert Felton.  The most well known might be Jerry Jones.  I have someone I work with that is a family member of Jerry's.  Cooper sent a message to him with a picture and message congratulating him on the Hall of Fame induction from "one Razorback 61 to another".  I'm told Jerry liked it.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Mike_e

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on August 09, 2017, 07:47:04 pm
In recent years DL Zach Stadther and OG Robert Felton.  The most well known might be Jerry Jones.  I have someone I work with that is a family member of Jerry's.  Cooper sent a message to him with a picture and message congratulating him on the Hall of Fame induction from "one Razorback 61 to another".  I'm told Jerry liked it.

LOL  Now That's cool!
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!