Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FAMU to ride bus to the Rock

Started by Hogopolis, August 06, 2017, 11:19:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on August 11, 2017, 12:36:17 pm
Well, they can "demand" in one hand, and "stuff" in the other and see which one fills up the quickest.

Lol! You won't find me disagreeing with that!   ;D
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Jim Harris

Quote from: ricepig on August 11, 2017, 12:23:11 pm
Was Pomfret co-ed in the late 70's, if it was, I think it was separate floors. I never lived in a dorm, so I don't remember.

yes, it had co-ed wings as early as 1975. maybe before that.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on August 11, 2017, 12:23:11 pm
Was Pomfret co-ed in the late 70's, if it was, I think it was separate floors. I never lived in a dorm, so I don't remember.

Pomfret and Reid have both been Co-ed. True it was separate floors.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on August 11, 2017, 12:32:54 pm
I'm originally from that area of the state. You'd be surprised at what they would do. They would probably agree to play the Hogs every year in DWRRS for a few years but there is no doubt in my mind that ASU would eventually demand that the game be played in Jonesboro every other year or in WMS with A-State being the home team every other year.

I've lived and worked in Jonesboro and still have friends there and know some ASU folks, a few influential people in jonesboro and politicians. There is a big difference between "demanding" a campus home and home series and being designated the home team off campus. Heck the Hogs have agreed to some schools in WMS being designated the home school before. When one is NOT negotiating from a position of power and ASU wouldn't be so then it is all simply message board rabble.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: KennyHoggins on August 11, 2017, 12:34:25 pm
Lolol. That's awesome.

That's tough for FAMU. JL could've at least offered to have our plane go pick them up and knock a couple hundred K off of what we're paying them to come up here.

Not in his best interest to make travel easy for opponents.

hogsanity

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 11, 2017, 02:01:27 pm
Not in his best interest to make travel easy for opponents.

and not in FAMU's best interest to take less money and fly in and out. If they wanted to do that they could take some of the 750K and get their own charter.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

zebradynasty

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 11, 2017, 12:17:24 pm
That means you are at least over 60 years old because when I went there out of high school there was at least one.

Who said I was talking about UofA?

ricepig

Quote from: hogsanity on August 11, 2017, 02:31:07 pm
and not in FAMU's best interest to take less money and fly in and out. If they wanted to do that they could take some of the 750K and get their own charter.

$700,000 they didn't bring their band.

https://twitter.com/TyThomason/status/895278111620829188

hogsanity

Quote from: ricepig on August 11, 2017, 02:45:01 pm
$700,000 they didn't bring their band.

https://twitter.com/TyThomason/status/895278111620829188

ok, 700K. Still not in their best interest to spend some of that on flying.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Inhogswetrust

August 11, 2017, 03:24:56 pm #159 Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 10:48:53 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: zebradynasty on August 11, 2017, 02:35:34 pm
Who said I was talking about UofA?

I wasn't dogging you but maybe it was because you were responding in a post about the UA athletic department. I'm of the opinion that makes it reasonable to assume that was the school you were referring to. even if not I'm wimpy passing on information that there was indeed a co-ed dorm there at the time.

longpig

Quote from: elksnort on August 07, 2017, 12:03:20 pm
Yes it would have. The marching Rattlers. I think they call them. Anyway, they are supposedly very good.

And I agree with others, these kind of games need to go away.

Should have been part of the deal that they bring the Marching Rattlers.  What a gyp.
Don't be scared, be smart.

ricepig

Quote from: longpig on August 11, 2017, 05:18:24 pm
Should have been part of the deal that they bring the Marching Rattlers.  What a gyp.

It cost them $50,000 of their guarantee by not bringing them.

Birminghog

Quote from: KennyHoggins on August 11, 2017, 12:34:25 pm
Lolol. That's awesome.

To reiterate, I hope that never happens to you. If it does, you will alter your evaluation of what is "awesome".

longpig

Quote from: ricepig on August 11, 2017, 05:21:01 pm

good
Don't be scared, be smart.

hogsanity

Quote from: ricepig on August 11, 2017, 05:21:01 pm

Which tells you how much it would have cost to bring them. They were willing to give up 50K not to have to load them on however many buses that takes, pay for hotels/food etc as well.

bythelake

This may sound insensitive, but most folks could care less if any band takes the field.

Well my wife enjoys the half time show,  hope she doesn't see my comment.  Enough said.  🚄😉😏

If BB sees this thread, he may call the game off.  We all know how sensitive he is toward putting men in situations where they are tired and winded and yet having to take blows time after time.  This could be much worse than the HUNH.  This is Hurry up forget the rest.