Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FAMU to ride bus to the Rock

Started by Hogopolis, August 06, 2017, 11:19:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on August 09, 2017, 12:48:10 pm
Yes, the media released the news that the U of A athletic department was in negotiations with WMS before the reductions happened. Heck, the whole state knew that there was going to be a special meeting of the BOT where Frank was going to present the plans for the renovation and expansion of Razorback Stadium and the first reduction of games in WMS.

Frank wasn't the AD when we cut back to one game.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on August 09, 2017, 12:59:28 pm
Frank wasn't the AD when we cut back to one game.

True, but he was the AD when the Expansion of Razorback Stadium was announced and the cutting back to 2 games in WMS happened.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: hogsanity on August 09, 2017, 12:52:34 pm
If the Hogs were not playing there, nothing would be being sold.

I'm aware of that and as I stated, after next years game there, it likely won't be an issue.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 09, 2017, 11:41:28 am
Explain?

I'll look for previously posted stuff later but the short answer is that, for example: A State gets x amount to play Auburn while Arkansas pays ULM x amount and therefore regardless  in state or out of state source of funds the net effect is essentially a wash.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

zebradynasty

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on August 09, 2017, 02:30:28 pm
I'll look for previously posted stuff later but the short answer is that, for example: A State gets x amount to play Auburn while Arkansas pays ULM x amount and therefore regardless  in state or out of state source of funds the net effect is essentially a wash.

I'm sorry maybe the teacher was right and I should have been in the slower class. I don't get that reasoning. I can't see how "economically" in that same scenario that a A-State vs Hogs would not be more money for both schools.

GuvHog

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 09, 2017, 02:49:41 pm
I'm sorry maybe the teacher was right and I should have been in the slower class. I don't get that reasoning. I can't see how "economically" in that same scenario that a A-State vs Hogs would not be more money for both schools.

If that game actually happened, it would be at WMS where both schools would probably spilt the ticket sales money so the U of A would make less money by doing that while A State would make more. I seriously doubt ASU would just take visitors pay to play that game every year.

ricepig

First, ASU gets more money for playing our SEC brethren, than we tend to pay other SBC foes, so "mo money, is mo money". Bama is paying ASU $1.7M in 2018, I don't see us paying that amount.

hogsanity

Why should an instate school get paid ANYTHING, much less what a FAMU gets paid to travel here? IF, and it is a huge IF, the Hogs ever played UAPB, it would be in LR, which is a short trip for UAPB, they would not have to stay over night, heck probably run 2 buses and neither would burn a quarter tank of gas.

Or, lets use the ASU scenario. Game would most likely be in LR, so why should they get paid like a FAMU to stay in state? FAMU is getting the going rate for a rent a win, and that rate is meant to cover travel expenses. That FAMU then decides to bus in and out, maybe stay the night, maybe not, and eat cheap is on them. Some schools would spend a lot of that check, fly in and out, spend the night, and eat well.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

KlubhouseKonnected

One still pays money and the other still receives. Money so whether that money comes from, or goes out of state. So in terms of paying or being paid to play it's pretty much exactly the same thing. In one scenario money leaves the state while money also comes into the state and in the other scenario money does not leave the state but no outside money comes into the state either.

At it's basic level it's pretty simple.

zebradynasty

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on August 09, 2017, 04:02:05 pm
One still pays money and the other still receives. Money so whether that money comes from, or goes out of state. So in terms of paying or being paid to play it's pretty much exactly the same thing. In one scenario money leaves the state while money also comes into the state and in the other scenario money does not leave the state but no outside money comes into the state either.

At it's basic level it's pretty simple.

Why are you only focused on the check? The economics cover far more than the check. FAMU is going to be challenging for a sellout even in WM. I would expect a UAPB game would be an easier sellout. Even discounting the payoff the state of Arkansas would benefit more playing teams from instate. Sellout WM 50K another 10-15K outside tailgating 60-75K people generate a lot tax dollars. If 60K spend and average of just $50 (very conservative a lot fans would come Friday before came day)and if each dollar spent turns over six times (most economist use that formula) 18 million dollars of which the STATE can tax! Both UA and UAPB get state tax money. Now a UA and A-State....that could really bring in money.

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 09, 2017, 04:33:39 pm
Why are you only focused on the check? The economics cover far more than the check. FAMU is going to be challenging for a sellout even in WM. I would expect a UAPB game would be an easier sellout. Even discounting the payoff the state of Arkansas would benefit more playing teams from instate. Sellout WM 50K another 10-15K outside tailgating 60-75K people generate a lot tax dollars. If 60K spend and average of just $50 (very conservative a lot fans would come Friday before came day)and if each dollar spent turns over six times (most economist use that formula) 18 million dollars of which the STATE can tax! Both UA and UAPB get state tax money. Now a UA and A-State....that could really bring in money.

Why would you limit the crowd and play in LR? Those schools can go play two money games out of state if they need the money so bad? It's the proverbial dead horse, it's dead.....

KlubhouseKonnected

You have higher expectations than I on collateral income generated. As far as "keeping" that money in state I am not sure it's applicable at least in the sense that I don't know that much of the anticipated income was money "leaving" the state.

Cost, or compesation, for participation is closer to a 1 to 1 so that is the crux

GuvHog

Quote from: hogsanity on August 09, 2017, 03:37:30 pm
Why should an instate school get paid ANYTHING, much less what a FAMU gets paid to travel here? IF, and it is a huge IF, the Hogs ever played UAPB, it would be in LR, which is a short trip for UAPB, they would not have to stay over night, heck probably run 2 buses and neither would burn a quarter tank of gas.

Or, lets use the ASU scenario. Game would most likely be in LR, so why should they get paid like a FAMU to stay in state? FAMU is getting the going rate for a rent a win, and that rate is meant to cover travel expenses. That FAMU then decides to bus in and out, maybe stay the night, maybe not, and eat cheap is on them. Some schools would spend a lot of that check, fly in and out, spend the night, and eat well.

FAMU is probably going to stay 2 nights as they will likely arrive on the 30th, play the game on the 31st, and likely head home Friday morning Sept.1st. I may be wrong but I don't see them leaving out after 10 PM Thursday night and driving all through the night to get home.

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on August 09, 2017, 04:39:13 pm
Why would you limit the crowd and play in LR? Those schools can go play two money games out of state if they need the money so bad? It's the proverbial dead horse, it's dead.....

I'm not! Just trying not to move the goal post. Since UA was already playing in WM I just plugged in a instate team. All I want is to not send 750K to Florida! ;D

bythelake

I think we all know that if (not anytime soon) Arkansas plays A-state it would not be in WMS.  It would be on our campus as it should be.  We would treat them like any other visitor pay team.  Probably pay them minimal with certainly no extra tickets.

They would get zero extra concessions.  If they turn it down, we can all say they are scared.  Most of their fans now talk a lot of smack and say they will set the terms, we all know better.

tophawg19

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 06, 2017, 08:45:13 pm
Who shares in the reward of these overmatched teams getting their brains beaten out for a paycheck?  The coaches in the form of higher salaries?  The administrators?   Apparently not the players, who after years of the school scheduling these drubbings are still riding a bus halfway across the country to play four days after their last game.

This type of matchup is one of the very worst things about college football.  I can't believe anyone enjoys this aspect of the game.
Actually you are wrong . A lot of back ups and young players enjoy getting playing time . it makes all their hard work worth while . A kid like Fanonthehill's would love some game action
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: tophawg19 on August 09, 2017, 08:33:17 pm
Actually you are wrong . A lot of back ups and young players enjoy getting playing time . it makes all their hard work worth while . A kid like Fanonthehill's would love some game action

Yea well that kinda doesn't happen so much under CBB.

bennyl08

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 09, 2017, 10:17:59 pm
Yea well that kinda doesn't happen so much under CBB.

If by "kinda doesn't", you mean to say, happens quite frequently, to the same degree as most every other coach, then I have to agree.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

GuvHog

August 10, 2017, 08:19:02 am #118 Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 09:04:54 am by GuvHog
Quote from: bythelake on August 09, 2017, 05:46:20 pm
I think we all know that if (not anytime soon) Arkansas plays A-state it would not be in WMS.  It would be on our campus as it should be.  We would treat them like any other visitor pay team.  Probably pay them minimal with certainly no extra tickets.

They would get zero extra concessions.  If they turn it down, we can all say they are scared.  Most of their fans now talk a lot of smack and say they will set the terms, we all know better.

I don't think that will happen because if they start playing in DWRRS, A-State will soon demand that the hogs play them every other year in Jonesboro but the U of A will never agree to that. If the U of a plays A-State (which I doubt happens) it will likely be in WMS.

Piggfoot

This site is full of spoiled fans. 10 hours on a modern bus is nothing. The kids will be sleeping if they wish. A trip to Destin Florida each summer is 10 hours by car and driving is much more tiring. When I moved back to Arkansas San Antonio I drove the 10 hour trip back and forth on the weekend to see my children for several months.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Inhogswetrust

August 10, 2017, 10:12:04 am #120 Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 12:21:29 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: factchecker on August 09, 2017, 12:22:12 pm
I think that was so we could reduce games from 2 to 1 at WMS.  It was pretty much a buyout.

That is one way of looking at it. However without having all the particulars at my fingertips I'm not sure the total paid to them or assigned to the stadium isn't a whole lot different for those years than before the agreement. Either way they make much more money in game revenue playing in Fayetteville.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on August 10, 2017, 08:19:02 am
I don't think that will happen because if they start playing in DWRRS, A-State will soon demand that the hogs play them every other year in Jonesboro but the U of A will never agree to that. If the U of a plays A-State (which I doubt happens) it will likely be in WMS.

I see you transferred from the real world back to Guvworld...........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 09, 2017, 04:53:37 pm
I'm not! Just trying not to move the goal post. Since UA was already playing in WM I just plugged in a instate team. All I want is to not send 750K to Florida! ;D

What about the money that teams in the state bring back when they play pout of state and get payed big bucks................I bet all in all it's better. IF an instate team wants to play the UA so bad then let them pay the UA big bucks to play them. I guess you and others never heard of the term "negotiating from a position of power".

Inhogswetrust

August 10, 2017, 10:21:56 am #123 Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 12:18:43 pm by Inhogswetrust

I NEVER thought having worked in the hospitality industry that those "turnover" dollars are EVER that many times. NOBODY I've ever talked to can prove it. Yes there are articles about it but I've never seen actual proof. All money paid anywhere to anybody turns over. Unless someone hides it under their mattress.

GuvHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 10, 2017, 10:13:13 am
I see you transferred from the real world back to Guvworld...........................

So you think the U of A and A-State will eventually play each other in football?? I just don't see that happening.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 10, 2017, 10:14:30 am
What about the money that teams in the state bring back when they play pout of state and get payed big bucks................I bet all in all it's better. IF an instate team wants to play the UA so bad then let them pay the UA big bucks to play them. I guess you and others never heard of the term "negotiating from a position of power".

There is and won't be any negotiating because of some antiquated law. I agree that if UA vs A-state want to play...let them sit down and negotiate and if they agree to something play ball if not... That's far more reasonable than saying this team or that team CAN"T play another by law.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 10, 2017, 10:21:56 am
I NEVER thought having worked in the hospitality industry that those "turnover" dollars are EVER that many times. NOBODY I've ever talked to can prove it. Yeas there are articles about it but I've never seen actual proof. All more paid anywhere to anybody turns over. unless someone hides it under their mattress.

The exact number of times may vary it's a rule of thumb regardless the more people you have coming you your town or city spending money the better.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 10, 2017, 10:46:46 am
There is and won't be any negotiating because of some antiquated law. I agree that if UA vs A-state want to play...let them sit down and negotiate and if they agree to something play ball if not... That's far more reasonable than saying this team or that team CAN"T play another by law.

No law prevents it. It's a policy of the athletic department

bphi11ips

Quote from: GuvHog on August 10, 2017, 10:24:58 am
So you think the U of A and A-State will eventually play each other in football?? I just don't see that happening.

I think the bigger question is this - how long will football last as a game played in pads and helmets built around collisions between players?  If the answer to that is a few more generations, then the day may come when Arkansas and ASU will face off. 

Arkansas-ASU makes sense from a statewide interest standpoint - certainly more than New Mexico State, for example.  ASU would be a good second-best OOC opponent.  The further we get from Frank Broyles, I think the further we will get from the traditional notion that Arkansas must squash all things ASU. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hogsanity

Quote from: bphi11ips on August 10, 2017, 11:35:47 am
I think the bigger question is this - how long will football last as a game played in pads and helmets built around collisions between players?  If the answer to that is a few more generations, then the day may come when Arkansas and ASU will face off. 

Arkansas-ASU makes sense from a statewide interest standpoint - certainly more than New Mexico State, for example.  ASU would be a good second-best OOC opponent.  The further we get from Frank Broyles, I think the further we will get from the traditional notion that Arkansas must squash all things ASU.

Not playing them has nothing to do with " squashing all things ASU ". But I agree, play them as the late season ooc game, in Fayetteveille, at the going rate for a rent a win. And add the stipulation that if ASU loses by 24+ points they leave FBS and go back to fcs where they belong.

BUt what ASu would want would be to be the opener so they can have 7 months to prepare and play before they get worn down by the season. They would want either a home and home or for the game to be in LR, and they would want half the tickets.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

GuvHog

Quote from: hogsanity on August 10, 2017, 12:36:14 pm
Not playing them has nothing to do with " squashing all things ASU ". But I agree, play them as the late season ooc game, in Fayetteveille, at the going rate for a rent a win. And add the stipulation that if ASU loses by 24+ points they leave FBS and go back to fcs where they belong.

BUt what ASu would want would be to be the opener so they can have 7 months to prepare and play before they get worn down by the season. They would want either a home and home or for the game to be in LR, and they would want half the tickets.

Yep, that's what I was referring to earlier. Good post.

bphi11ips

Quote from: hogsanity on August 10, 2017, 12:36:14 pm
Not playing them has nothing to do with " squashing all things ASU ".

Sometimes you make good points in your quest to be a complete contrarian. In this case you are completely wrong.

hogsanity

Quote from: bphi11ips on August 10, 2017, 12:45:01 pm
Sometimes you make good points in your quest to be a complete contrarian. In this case you are completely wrong.

If they wanted to squash ASU they would beat the crap out of them every year and show everyone that ASU is pretending to be fbs. Instead, they ignore them which drives ASu crazy.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: bphi11ips on August 10, 2017, 12:45:01 pm

I disagree. U of A does not want to "squash ASU" it does not need to as long as ASU is not hurting U of A. Not playing them just helps insure that stays the case.

Personally I am not so sure that the ASU football program itself would benefit all that much from playing U of A. If they could regularly schedule games against p-5 teams from states with a larger recruiting base I feel like that would be just as beneficial if not more so.

bphi11ips

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on August 10, 2017, 12:51:38 pm
I disagree. U of A does not want to "squash ASU" it does not need to as long as ASU is not hurting U of A. Not playing them just helps insure that stays the case.

Personally I am not so sure that the ASU football program itself would benefit all that much from playing U of A. If they could regularly schedule games against p-5 teams from states with a larger recruiting base I feel like that would be just as beneficial if not more so.

If you and sanity want to take issue with my word choice, fine.  The truth is that Frank Broyles didn't start the zero-sum mindset at UA.  He simply carried it forward from John Barnhill, who probably adopted it from his predecessor.  Broyles was never bashful about his strategy where ASU is concerned.  He cherished the Arkansas job after seeing the way Georgia and Georgia Tech split the talent in Georgia.  He writes about it all in his biography with Jim Bailey.  If you don't think ASU might have posed a threat if treated with equal dignity from the beginning, compare Mississippi State and Ole Miss. 

My point is that in 2017 different thinking and different considerations may make a meeting between the two schools more likely.  But if you think Arkansas didn't do everything it could do for a century to protect its statewide hegemony where football is concerned, you either don't know the history or you're whistling Dixie. 

hogsanity

Quote from: bphi11ips on August 10, 2017, 01:28:14 pm
If you and sanity want to take issue with my word choice, fine.  The truth is that Frank Broyles didn't start the zero-sum mindset at UA.  He simply carried it forward from John Barnhill, who probably adopted it from his predecessor.  Broyles was never bashful about his strategy where ASU is concerned.  He cherished the Arkansas job after seeing the way Georgia and Georgia Tech split the talent in Georgia.  He writes about it all in his biography with Jim Bailey.  If you don't think ASU might have posed a threat if treated with equal dignity from the beginning, compare Mississippi State and Ole Miss. 

My point is that in 2017 different thinking and different considerations may make a meeting between the two schools more likely.  But if you think Arkansas didn't do everything it could do for a century to protect its statewide hegemony where football is concerned, you either don't know the history or you're whistling Dixie. 

For most of the time from when they started playing football at ASU until 1992 they were not in the same level as the Hogs, so that was what kept them "down" far more than that the Hogs would or would not play them. They finally joined FBS for good in 1992.

supersaint

Listen, a dollar is a dollar.  It's not two dollars.  It all comes down to the angles, just like algebra. 
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: bphi11ips on August 10, 2017, 01:28:14 pm

I don't dispute that the intent was to deliberately avoid doing things that would increase the prestige or stature of ASU sports but there is a difference between not helping your neighbor and actively going out of your way to harm your neighbors interests.

If I am belaboring your choice of words it is simply because words have meaning. Sorry if I gave cause for offense.

Seebs

Quote from: supersaint on August 10, 2017, 01:44:22 pm
Listen, a dollar is a dollar.  It's not two dollars.  It all comes down to the angles, just like algebra. 
Thought angles was geometry. Now I am really confused.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

bphi11ips

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on August 10, 2017, 01:51:30 pm
I don't dispute that the intent was to deliberately avoid doing things that would increase the prestige or stature of ASU sports but there is a difference between not helping your neighbor and actively going out of your way to harm your neighbors interests.

If I am belaboring your choice of words it is simply because words have meaning. Sorry if I gave cause for offense.

No offense taken.  Arkansas has had an aggressive passive aggressive policy where ASU athletics are concerned for over a century.  It has worked.  When hogsanity wrote "[n]ot playing them has nothing to do with 'squashing all things ASU' ",  he was wrong.  You know it, Guv knows it, hogsanity knows it, and so does anyone else who has followed the Razorbacks and Arkansas athletics for decades. 

I can't remember whether Broyles knew the NIT would pit the Hogs against the Indians in 1987 when he accepted an NIT bid, but I do seem to recall him saying he wouldn't accept one another time if Arkansas would have to play ASU.  Here's a story about the game from '87 that Arkansas squeaked out in overtime in Barnhill:

https://www.arkansasfight.com/2009/7/14/948976/memory-lane-arkansas-67-arkansas

My point was not to be defensive or come off as offended but to correct hogsanity's ridiculous overreaction to something which is acknowledged as history. 

bphi11ips

Quote from: hogsanity on August 10, 2017, 01:41:48 pm
For most of the time from when they started playing football at ASU until 1992 they were not in the same level as the Hogs, so that was what kept them "down" far more than that the Hogs would or would not play them. They finally joined FBS for good in 1992.

You miss the point.  Football was and continues to be a primary marketing tool for major universities.  It has been for Arkansas for over a century.  Arkansas adopted a strategy early on to use football to capture the hearts and minds of Arkansans.  In the beginning that strategy was built primarily on playing games in central Arkansas and population centers near the Arkansas border like Memphis and Shreveport.  Games were also played in those locations because of ticket sales and travel-related issues. 

ASU started to develop a strong football program in the early 50's and has had one for much of the time since then.  It was that development that probably prompted John Barnhill to adopt his "never play them ever anywhere" strategy.  ASU and Arkansas are not part of the same university systems.  In other words, they compete for students and funding, including endowment.

CBS currently has ASU at 79 in its preseason 130 ranking. Arkansas is 32. CBS ranks ASU ahead of Iowa State, Purdue, Boston College, Cincinnati, and California, to name a few.  To say they belong in the FCS is simply not the case. 

I'd personally like to see Arkansas and ASU play because it would be interesting.  On the other hand, as an Arkansas fan and alum, it's hard to argue with the strategy begun by John Barnhill and carried forward by Frank Broyles.  Whether that strategy continues under Jeff Long and his successors, though, remains to be seen.   

zebradynasty

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on August 10, 2017, 11:34:50 am
No law prevents it. It's a policy of the athletic department

Ok antiquate school policy! When I went to school there no such thing as Co-Ed dorms it was against school policy.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 10, 2017, 02:32:58 pm
Ok antiquate school policy! When I went to school there no such thing as Co-Ed dorms it was against school policy.

When I was at UA there were no snow day. I don't mean that there was not yet a snow day policy I just mean I was there four years and never got out of class for snow once. AND THAT IS SOME BULLSCHITT!

hogsanity

Quote from: bphi11ips on August 10, 2017, 02:31:38 pm

ASU started to develop a strong football program in the early 50's and has had one for much of the time since then. 

Sorry, you lost me right there. A "strong" football program? Yes, they were pretty good when they were not in the top division of college football. Had they stayed Div 1-aa now fcs, they very well may have become a power in that, but the lure and ego stroking of being d-1 was too much and they threw away any chance they had of being a strong program.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on August 10, 2017, 10:24:58 am

Nope. My comment was in reference to you saying State would "demand" playing every other year at home. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 10, 2017, 02:32:58 pm

That means you are at least over 60 years old because when I went there out of high school there was at least one.

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 11, 2017, 12:17:24 pm
That means you are at least over 60 years old because when I went there out of high school there was at least one.

Was Pomfret co-ed in the late 70's, if it was, I think it was separate floors. I never lived in a dorm, so I don't remember.

GuvHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 11, 2017, 12:10:48 pm
Nope. My comment was in reference to you saying State would "demand" playing every other year at home. 

I'm originally from that area of the state. You'd be surprised at what they would do. They would probably agree to play the Hogs every year in DWRRS for a few years but there is no doubt in my mind that ASU would eventually demand that the game be played in Jonesboro every other year or in WMS with A-State being the home team every other year.

KennyHoggins

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on August 06, 2017, 04:16:19 pm
Did your parents ever have any kids that lived?

Lolol. That's awesome.

That's tough for FAMU. JL could've at least offered to have our plane go pick them up and knock a couple hundred K off of what we're paying them to come up here.

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on August 11, 2017, 12:32:54 pm
I'm originally from that area of the state. You'd be surprised at what they would do. They would probably agree to play the hogs every year in DWRRS for a few years but there is no doubt in my mind that ASU would eventually demand that the game be played in Jonesboro every other year or in WMS with A-State being the home team every other year.

Well, they can "demand" in one hand, and "stuff" in the other and see which one fills up the quickest.