Pages:
Actions
  • #151 by GuvHog on 11 Aug 2017
  • Well, they can "demand" in one hand, and "stuff" in the other and see which one fills up the quickest.

Lol! You won't find me disagreeing with that!   ;D
  • #152 by Jim Harris on 11 Aug 2017
  • Was Pomfret co-ed in the late 70's, if it was, I think it was separate floors. I never lived in a dorm, so I don't remember.

yes, it had co-ed wings as early as 1975. maybe before that.
  • #153 by Inhogswetrust on 11 Aug 2017
  • Was Pomfret co-ed in the late 70's, if it was, I think it was separate floors. I never lived in a dorm, so I don't remember.

Pomfret and Reid have both been Co-ed. True it was separate floors.
  • #154 by Inhogswetrust on 11 Aug 2017
  • I'm originally from that area of the state. You'd be surprised at what they would do. They would probably agree to play the Hogs every year in DWRRS for a few years but there is no doubt in my mind that ASU would eventually demand that the game be played in Jonesboro every other year or in WMS with A-State being the home team every other year.

I've lived and worked in Jonesboro and still have friends there and know some ASU folks, a few influential people in jonesboro and politicians. There is a big difference between "demanding" a campus home and home series and being designated the home team off campus. Heck the Hogs have agreed to some schools in WMS being designated the home school before. When one is NOT negotiating from a position of power and ASU wouldn't be so then it is all simply message board rabble.
  • #155 by Inhogswetrust on 11 Aug 2017
  • Lolol. That's awesome.

That's tough for FAMU. JL could've at least offered to have our plane go pick them up and knock a couple hundred K off of what we're paying them to come up here.

Not in his best interest to make travel easy for opponents.
  • #156 by hogsanity on 11 Aug 2017
  • Not in his best interest to make travel easy for opponents.

and not in FAMU's best interest to take less money and fly in and out. If they wanted to do that they could take some of the 750K and get their own charter.
  • #157 by zebradynasty on 11 Aug 2017
  • That means you are at least over 60 years old because when I went there out of high school there was at least one.

Who said I was talking about UofA?
  • #158 by ricepig on 11 Aug 2017
  • and not in FAMU's best interest to take less money and fly in and out. If they wanted to do that they could take some of the 750K and get their own charter.

$700,000 they didn't bring their band.

https://twitter.com/TyThomason/status/895278111620829188
  • #159 by hogsanity on 11 Aug 2017
  • $700,000 they didn't bring their band.

https://twitter.com/TyThomason/status/895278111620829188

ok, 700K. Still not in their best interest to spend some of that on flying.
  • #160 by Inhogswetrust on 11 Aug 2017
  • Who said I was talking about UofA?

I wasn't dogging you but maybe it was because you were responding in a post about the UA athletic department. I'm of the opinion that makes it reasonable to assume that was the school you were referring to. even if not I'm wimpy passing on information that there was indeed a co-ed dorm there at the time.
  • #161 by longpig on 11 Aug 2017
  • Yes it would have. The marching Rattlers. I think they call them. Anyway, they are supposedly very good.

And I agree with others, these kind of games need to go away.

Should have been part of the deal that they bring the Marching Rattlers.  What a gyp.
  • #162 by ricepig on 11 Aug 2017
  • Should have been part of the deal that they bring the Marching Rattlers.  What a gyp.

It cost them $50,000 of their guarantee by not bringing them.
  • #163 by Birminghog on 11 Aug 2017
  • Lolol. That's awesome.

To reiterate, I hope that never happens to you. If it does, you will alter your evaluation of what is "awesome".
  • #164 by longpig on 11 Aug 2017
  • It cost them $50,000 of their guarantee by not bringing them.

good
  • #165 by hogsanity on 14 Aug 2017
  • It cost them $50,000 of their guarantee by not bringing them.

Which tells you how much it would have cost to bring them. They were willing to give up 50K not to have to load them on however many buses that takes, pay for hotels/food etc as well.
  • #166 by bythelake on 14 Aug 2017
  • This may sound insensitive, but most folks could care less if any band takes the field.

Well my wife enjoys the half time show,  hope she doesn't see my comment.  Enough said.  🚄😉😏
  • #167 by 12247 on 14 Aug 2017
  • If BB sees this thread, he may call the game off.  We all know how sensitive he is toward putting men in situations where they are tired and winded and yet having to take blows time after time.  This could be much worse than the HUNH.  This is Hurry up forget the rest.
Pages:
Actions