Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First four games

Started by NuttinItUp, August 05, 2017, 10:44:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Kevin on August 07, 2017, 04:15:54 pm
the only thing I cannot see happening is 0-4.

any other record would not surprise me.

If we start the season 1-3, Hogville will be in meltdown mode.

Hogwild

CBS SPORTS RANKINGS

#25 TCU
#32 Arkansas
#41 Texas A&M
#124 New Mexico State
UR  Florida A&M

We have to go at least 3-1 or it will be a long season

tampahog

Had we punched it in when we had 1st and goal up 20-7 and had we tackled Turpin, we would have beat TCU by 21 last year.  special teams almost cost us that game

Deep Shoat

If you take emotion out of the equation and look at the first four games logically, we win all 4.

FAMU/NMSU are wins.  Period.

TCU - We beat them last year at their place.  Our QB is obviously better, theirs is still considered mediocre.  Our OL is already showing signs of being much improved.  Their DL is no great shakes.  Two factors overlooked by most: Our D is going to be more aggressive.  Even if we don't improve significantly statistically, increased aggression WILL improve TO numbers.  TCU lost their co-OC.  Finally, we play them at our place.  I call this a walk.  Logically, it's a 7 point win.

TAMU - They have no QB, they have no elite pass rush.  Sure, they have talent all over the field, but they obviously struggle to use it appropriately.  This year, our improved retention and recruiting begin to pay off. 
All Gas, No Brakes!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 09, 2017, 10:14:32 am
If you take emotion out of the equation and look at the first four games logically, we win all 4.

FAMU/NMSU are wins.  Period.

TCU - We beat them last year at their place.  Our QB is obviously better, theirs is still considered mediocre.  Our OL is already showing signs of being much improved.  Their DL is no great shakes.  Two factors overlooked by most: Our D is going to be more aggressive.  Even if we don't improve significantly statistically, increased aggression WILL improve TO numbers.  TCU lost their co-OC.  Finally, we play them at our place.  I call this a walk.  Logically, it's a 7 point win.

TAMU - They have no QB, they have no elite pass rush.  Sure, they have talent all over the field, but they obviously struggle to use it appropriately.  This year, our improved retention and recruiting begin to pay off.
Exactly the way i see it without emotion, we are better than these 4 teams. A&m is more talented from top to bottom but i think our 35-40 that will play are just as good, and their QB if any good, is green at best.