Dan Enos was on the list for Alabama...

Started by Michael_E_Davis, August 05, 2017, 08:03:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wildhogman

Quote from: twistitup on August 07, 2017, 08:51:15 am
Saban wanted Enos because they have Mich St. connection...it's who you know

Saban was D coordinator when Enos was a Fr. on scout team

Mich St boys stick together, obviously
You really think that Saban, a man who lives only to play for the NC and anything less is a failure in his eyes. Yes that Nick Saban, gives a big hoot darn that Enos was a frosh when he was a DC?  Saban spots talent and knows it when he sees it.
This one single post pretty much sums you up. Twist on that one.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: twistitup on August 07, 2017, 08:51:15 am
Saban wanted Enos because they have Mich St. connection...it's who you know

Saban was D coordinator when Enos was a Fr. on scout team

Mich St boys stick together, obviously
Having watched Saban over the years I seriously doubt he cares where Enos might have gone to school, coached previously, or most certainly what his record might have been as a HC. All Nick cares about is RESULTS and what he feels a particular coach could bring to the table and add to the program. In other words, NS cuts out a lot of the "clutter" surrounding anyone on his staff and focuses on who he feels will best do the job of helping him win. IF he truly wanted Enos on his staff then I believe we can take that as a very strong endorsement of how well he regards Dan as a coordinator. Given Nick's success of late that's good enough for me.

Kevin

enos is a very good oc.  we have fans that just cannot be happy.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

twistitup

Some of you guys just post crap....I do a little research first. Just use that neat little thing called GOOGLE - type in two words Saban Enos

It's there... articles from multiple sources. Yes, Saban likes Enos and it goes back Mich St.

Why is it so easy for people to spew ignorant b.s, when google is at their fingertips?

I'm not unhappy with Enos ...can't wait to see what happens the next couple years.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Hoggish1

Quote from: phadedhawg on August 05, 2017, 08:08:00 pm
It will hurt when we lose Enos and I'd spit nails if Bama got him.  However, after I finished kicking a hole in the wall, I'd understand.  it would be an amazing opportunity

After I finishing kicking holes I still would not understand...

PorkRinds

Quote from: twistitup on August 07, 2017, 12:01:02 pm
Some of you guys just post crap....I do a little research first. Just use that neat little thing called GOOGLE - type in two words Saban Enos

It's there... articles from multiple sources. Yes, Saban likes Enos and it goes back Mich St.

Why is it so easy for people to spew ignorant b.s, when google is at their fingertips?

I'm not unhappy with Enos ...can't wait to see what happens the next couple years.

You're making more of that connection that should be made.  They were both asked about each other and the MSU connection during his first year as OC.  They were complimentary of each other but saban's comments about him make it seem like he really had no clue who Enos was.  "He played his role on that team..."  If saban wanted Enos it was because of his coaching not their MSU connection.

LRHawg

Enos is a great OC and we're lucky to have him, I just hope the second half issues are more depth/player-related than coaching. We'll see soon enough.

twistitup

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 07, 2017, 12:14:21 pm
You're making more of that connection that should be made.  They were both asked about each other and the MSU connection during his first year as OC.  They were complimentary of each other but saban's comments about him make it seem like he really had no clue who Enos was.  "He played his role on that team..."  If saban wanted Enos it was because of his coaching not their MSU connection.

ok, thanks for clearing that up Rinds.

he had 'no clue' who Enos was:
http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/alabama/2015/10/07/alabama-notes-saban-fond-memories-enos/73560294/

clutch

Quote from: Kevin on August 07, 2017, 10:57:11 am
enos is a very good oc.  we have fans that just cannot be happy.

I'm happy with him. He's probably my favorite coach on the staff. I'd call him very good. I'm just not ready to call him great or amazing yet. I just think we use those words too loosely. I think he will be great, I just wouldn't say after 2 years that he is for sure.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 07, 2017, 08:38:48 am
Additionally, Chaney always said that College QB's are at that level for a reason so he didn't like to work with them on changes in their throwing motion, release points, footwork, etc. He said he figured that they knew what they were doing when they were recruited or they wouldn't have been playing in college. I'm pretty sure that anyone who read that called b.s. on that statement by Chaney, which is why I was so ecstatic when it was announced that we had hired a former HC, OC and QB in Enos to come here. I knew he would do a better job with the QB's than Chaney ever did.

There are two things that I did not like about Chaney.  This is the first.  QBs need help with mechanics even at the pro level.  Seems like he was lazy here.  I mean even Nutt brought ladders.

I believe it was Mike I. that stated on here a couple times that Chaney's offense was so complicated that it takes 3 years to implement.  In a college environment that is too complicated.  The players are only here 2-5 years.   

STLhawg

Quote from: clutch on August 07, 2017, 07:43:11 am
I think he is a very good QB coach. I also think he is a really good OC. Like you, I'd hold off on the amazing part right now because I think you need longer than 2 years of a sample size to claim someone is amazing.

I hope Enos stays at the UofA for a long time as the OC.
Pretty much right in line with how I feel.

twistitup

Peter Porker

Quote from: twistitup on August 05, 2017, 09:12:37 pm
I wouldn't disagree....and wouldn't mind Enos being HC

I'm hung up on the word AMAZING - that word is usually saved more important things than an OC

Ex. ARKANSAS BEATS MICHIGAN TO WIN THE National Championsip....I've never heard a Hog Call so loud - THIS IS AMAZING!!

I dunno....i've seen people describe a sandwich as amazing, also dumps as well.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on August 05, 2017, 09:06:30 pm
1. Brandon Allen under Jim Chaney compared to Brandon Allen under Dan Enos. That's what Enos brings to our offense.
2. Go back and watch a few Arkansas games from 2014 and see how often the game was lost due to horrible play calling. Remember Chaneys flea flicker on 4th down vs A&M? What about the double reverse with a tight end?! We don't have miscues like that anymore because we have a guy with situational awareness and a high football IQ

I would LOVE for Enos to be the head coach in waiting

Running game hasn't been the same since Enos took over.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

LRHog

Quote from: twistitup on August 07, 2017, 12:01:02 pm

You have literally sh*t posted for 2 days straight now. Every thread I read there you are spewing more garbage pretending you know a single damn thing about football. Give it a rest... you must be single, cause if you talk like you post... sheesh.

twistitup

Quote from: LRHog on August 07, 2017, 01:07:35 pm
You have literally sh*t posted for 2 days straight now. Every thread I read there you are spewing more garbage pretending you know a single damn thing about football. Give it a rest... you must be single, cause if you talk like you post... sheesh.

Every thread you've read?

You must not be reading many threads.....

Ignore me if you choose- but instead you choose to post nonsense.

PorkRinds

Quote from: twistitup on August 07, 2017, 12:23:04 pm
ok, thanks for clearing that up Rinds.

he had 'no clue' who Enos was:
http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/alabama/2015/10/07/alabama-notes-saban-fond-memories-enos/73560294/

This was the extent of his remembering Enos...

"I remember Dan Enos. Dan Enos is a great competitor and was a really good athlete, did a fantastic job for us and what his role was on that team at Michigan State," Saban said. "I think the guy is a really good coach. Their offense is difficult to defend."

He could have said that about any player he's coached in the last 30 years.  I really doubt he remembered much about the scout team QB.