Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RIP Pat Gazzola of The Catfish Hole

Started by ImHogginIt, August 05, 2017, 05:36:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Yep, sad day, Pat was a great Razorback fan.

Mr. Porkleone

Sad. I can't believe this. He was always so nice to us when we were at his restaurant. Was his sick or fighting a illness.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on August 05, 2017, 05:52:52 pm
Sad. I can't believe this. He was always so nice to us when we were at his restaurant. Was his sick or fighting a illness.

He had been horribly sick for a while, yes.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

ricepig

TomasPistola

I still remember the Roy D Mercer bit with Pat about the stolen hushpuppy recipe. Prayers to the family.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Danimal

Pat was one of my dads oldest and closest friends. Rest in peace sir.

ATU HOG

Cool story on Pat from when I was in college in 2012

We walked into the Catfish Hole to eat dinner one night and noticed they had some recruits in.  I asked Pat if we could go in and watch, he was all about us being there.  We sat down and enjoyed the night called the hogs, ate hush puppies, and sang the fight song all night.  Afterward I thanked him for letting us sit in there and be a part of it, as we were all huge razorback fans.  We exchanged numbers and he said anytime I wanted to come to a recruiting night, I was more than welcomed.  He loved how loud and rowdy we were, more so he loved how much we loved the hogs.  So every recruiting night, Pat would call me and we'd have a table there.  Truly one of the coolest experiences I had in college was going to recruiting nights at the catfish hole and being a part of the family. 

One time after the event, I asked Pat if I could take him out for lunch one day and just talk Razorback Athletics.  We met up one afternoon at the Catfish Hole and he told me to pick whatever I wanted to eat.  We sat there for a couple hours talking about the athletic programs, things he knew and didn't know.  Really was a cool day, I found out a lot of things about the Razorbacks that day.  I was truly appreciative for him and still am till this day for him taking the time out of his day to sit and talk to a die-hard razorback fan who was still in college like myself.

Woo Pig Pat
Woo Pig

DeltaBoy

Prayers sent for his family and friends! Rest in Peace Pat!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

thebignasty

Quote from: ATU HOG on August 06, 2017, 02:19:54 pm

We walked into the Catfish Hole to eat dinner one night and noticed they had some recruits in.  I asked Pat if we could go in and watch, he was all about us being there.  We sat down and enjoyed the night called the hogs, ate hush puppies, and sang the fight song all night.  Afterward I thanked him for letting us sit in there and be a part of it, as we were all huge razorback fans.  We exchanged numbers and he said anytime I wanted to come to a recruiting night, I was more than welcomed.  He loved how loud and rowdy we were, more so he loved how much we loved the hogs.  So every recruiting night, Pat would call me and we'd have a table there.  Truly one of the coolest experiences I had in college was going to recruiting nights at the catfish hole and being a part of the family. 

One time after the event, I asked Pat if I could take him out for lunch one day and just talk Razorback Athletics.  We met up one afternoon at the Catfish Hole and he told me to pick whatever I wanted to eat.  We sat there for a couple hours talking about the athletic programs, things he knew and didn't know.  Really was a cool day, I found out a lot of things about the Razorbacks that day.  I was truly appreciative for him and still am till this day for him taking the time out of his day to sit and talk to a die-hard razorback fan who was still in college like myself.

Woo Pig Pat
Woo Pig

This is a great story. Thanks for sharing.

longtimeHogfan

I hated to hear that.  Pat always had a smile and kind word for you when you came in.  You were welcomed, he was glad you were there and told you so.  He was a great fan.  I'll miss him. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Quote from: ATU HOG on August 06, 2017, 02:19:54 pm

Woo Pig Pat
Woo Pig
That's awesome.

trippigs

Pat had an earlier career that I bet most on here don't know about.....he was an oil/gas landman.  In the early 1980's my company hired him to secure some oil/gas leases on prospects I developed in Arkansas and Oklahoma. He was very good at this as well as he was with his restaurant.....one of the good ones. He will be missed.

bwbcpa

Quote from: trippigs on August 06, 2017, 04:40:45 pm
Pat had an earlier career that I bet most on here don't know about.....he was an oil/gas landman.  In the early 1980's my company hired him to secure some oil/gas leases on prospects I developed in Arkansas and Oklahoma. He was very good at this as well as he was with his restaurant.....one of the good ones. He will be missed.

During the '80's, I had a client (now deceased) that did a lot of legal work for the oil/gas industry. Through him, I met Pat, but our meetings were always by phone, never in person. In 2012, I finally approached him in the restaurant and introduced myself in person. He remembered talking to me those many years ago and was very gracious.

Hogeration

Took my oldest daughter to visit the school this weekend.  I have never eaten at the catfish hole but have tried several times.  Well, Friday night, I finally was able to with my family.  It was great.  I was saddened to read the next day that the owner had passed.  Great experience even without the recruits.  Took a peak at the recruiting side before I left.

Cinco de Hogo

Sorry to hear about this but reading this thread it should explain to all the haters why The Catfidh Hole was such a great place for Razorback recruiting.  How many place are there in NWA that could create a true to the bone Razorback spirit?  I bet not many and even fewer that could handle the rowdiness.

buldozer

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 06, 2017, 09:58:01 pm
Sorry to hear about this but reading this thread it should explain to all the haters why The Catfidh Hole was such a great place for Razorback recruiting.  How many place are there in NWA that could create a true to the bone Razorback spirit?  I bet not many and even fewer that could handle the rowdiness.
Exactly! I have been there for a recruiting reception and my ears were ringing afterwards!

Stephen Greene

TebowHater

Very good article by Otis. SIAP. Terribly sad situation. An elective surgery that ultimately led to his death. So sad.

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Bolt/Football-season-wont-be-the-same-now-without-Pat-105840180