Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Live Scrimage Updates

Started by RebelW, August 05, 2017, 12:21:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HamSammich

Thanks for the link.

Quote— Hjalte Froholdt jumped for a false start and was replaced by Jake Raulerson. Went off the field hitting himself in the head, then took his helmet off and hit himself in the head with it.

That's how I like my Vikings... tough as an oak rudder.

Carl Lazlo

Hayden had two big runs?

The dang secondary ewww.

jst01

Who are our LBs? Besides greenlaw

PorkRinds

Quote from: jst01 on August 05, 2017, 12:37:52 pm
Who are our LBs? Besides greenlaw

Looks like Grant Morgan is getting some work. 

thebignasty

Sounds like the offense is pretty good and the defense is real bad lol.

RebelW

A lot of what I've read the Offense is thriving against the freshmen secondary Calloway, Curl, Hernandez

PorkRinds

Quote from: RebelW on August 05, 2017, 12:42:46 pm
A lot of what I've read the Offense is thriving against the freshmen secondary Calloway, Curl, Hernandez

Which is to be expected.

GrizzlyRider07

LaMichael Pettway is having a huge day 4 catches for 165 I believe
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

HamSammich

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on August 05, 2017, 12:46:16 pm
LaMichael Pettway is having a huge day 4 catches for 165 I believe

From what I read they are not switching to Nickle at all so I'd expect gawdy numbers in passing.

RebelW

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 05, 2017, 12:45:14 pm
Which is to be expected.
Agree 110% just wanted to point that out before a melt down occurred on this post.

NoogaHog

Sounds like Curl is having a tough day. Pettway and Hayden seem to be having big days.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

zane

Breaking News: Our offense is SALTY
RIP LSUfan

NoogaHog

RebelW

Pettway is a very big framed, stout WR. He brings a Phyiscal element to that group that can wear down a CB/S pretty fast. Ecspecially if they're trying to press him at the LOS

RebelW

Quote from: NoogaHog on August 05, 2017, 12:58:05 pm
Defense? Meh
You never read one time of Ramirez. Lidell, Pulley, Richardson, or Coley getting burned. I'd take a deep breath before you get to certain on the "meh"

NoogaHog

Quote from: RebelW on August 05, 2017, 01:00:36 pm
You never read one time of Ramirez. Lidell, Pulley, Richardson, or Coley getting burned. I'd take a deep breath before you get to certain on the "meh"

Fair play. I hope you are right.

At the same time I hope Pettway and Chase Hayden can play that way against real defenses.

WE NEED LB's!!!!

RebelW

I've liked Hayden Henry's HS film. If Grant Morgan has the work ethic has the heart his brother has he will be fine. Drew was a 2 star that nobody had faith in when he got here. I'm optimistic. Gabe Richardson is going to be the surprise I believe at this position

NoogaHog

As I read about Hayden Johnson trucking Fisher, I wondered last season if he and Cantrell are actually bulls in helmets. Not figurative bulls, but actual bulls wearing pads and helmets.

I know I am a fat, middle aged man, but if Hayden Johnson is running towards me, I'm gonna become a matador and sidestep and let him by.

GuvHog

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on August 05, 2017, 12:59:33 pm
Grant Morgan and Hayden Henry are getting a lot of reps running with the 1s, sometimes 2s. That's how I know we're in trouble... And Hays had to be moved to NT numbers wise. Secondary might be a little better, but as a whole, I don't see our defense improving significantly (couldn't get much worse though, I suppose).

I wouldn't read too much into Morgan and Henry getting time with the 1's and 2's, the coaches are likely just trying to build depth.

The Hays move happened last week and it was also to establish depth.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

PorkRinds

Grant Morgan and Hayden Henry are getting a lot of reps running with the 1s, sometimes 2s. That's how I know we're in trouble... And Hays had to be moved to NT numbers wise. Secondary might be a little better, but as a whole, I don't see our defense improving significantly (couldn't get much worse though, I suppose).

Grant Morgan is a player. He's super smart and has a nose for the ball.  I watched him play a lot in high school and he was always on top of the football.

RebelW

Giovanni is supposibly having a great Scrimage. I believe our LB depth is better than what we might think

HamSammich

I'd never judge defense from a scrimmage. The only way I'd be worried today is if the defense was looking like the 2001 ravens.

GuvHog

Quote from: HamSammich on August 05, 2017, 01:16:31 pm
I'd never judge defense from a scrimmage. The only way I'd be worried today is if the defense was looking like the 2001 ravens.

I agree. In scrimmages, the defense is usually limited in what they can do. They probably won't go full "Boar" until they take the field against FAMU.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

greenie

What's the current situation for David Porter?  I haven't heard anything about him, but certainly could have missed it.

NoogaHog

C. Hayden 15 for 118. Good day so far. can't wait to see him on the field.

RebelW

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on August 05, 2017, 01:26:57 pm
Not saying Henry and Morgan won't be players here (obviously they both have the bloodline), but they're freshman and one is essentially still a walk on. I want to see them succeed here, but I didn't imagine they'd be that high on the depth chart this early given some of the other young LBs. It worries me, as LB has been a weakness in recent memory. I think we might be more effective in the 3-4, but if you say you're not worried about this D and again the lack of depth, you need to take off the rose colored glasses.
I don't believe they are that high on the depth chart. I think they are running with 1s to get quality snaps to build MORE depth. Greenlaw, Giovanni, Harris, Gabe Richardson, dewayne Eugene, including the new guys.. I believe we have decent depth

NoogaHog

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

RebelW

Quote from: factchecker on August 05, 2017, 01:49:16 pm
https://twitter.com/TeraTalmadge/status/893902251445678080
Noticed that as well! The Blake Mazza kid hasn't missed! Noticed when Blake Johnson (punter) dropped ball when snapped. Said it would've been blocked in a live setting

bennyl08

Not saying Henry and Morgan won't be players here (obviously they both have the bloodline), but they're freshman and one is essentially still a walk on. I want to see them succeed here, but I didn't imagine they'd be that high on the depth chart this early given some of the other young LBs. It worries me, as LB has been a weakness in recent memory. I think we might be more effective in the 3-4, but if you say you're not worried about this D and again the lack of depth, you need to take off the rose colored glasses.

There's a handful of guys above them that aren't playing due to injury and such. Eugene and Greenlaw didn't play.

Who were they ahead of that they shouldn't have been? Our ILB's include Greenlaw, Scoota, Eugene, LaFrance, and Walker, along with the walkons like Henry, Morgan, Josh Harris, Carter, Phillips. We signed some freshmen, but those guys, Munson and Paul, would seem to be OLB guys.

Greenlaw and Eugene didn't play. DeJon was first string. LaFrance was right there with Hunter and Morgan making plays. That's pretty much what should be expected.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

NoogaHog

I AM READY FOR SOME HOG FOOTBALL!!

I can't wait to see these RBs and receivers on the field. With the talk of C. Hayden's vision and wiggle I am excited. I was thinking he may be odd man out, but I may have to revise that. I also hope David Williams has a big year. 

I can't wait to see Jones, Jackson, Patton, and Pettway in real action.

LET IT BEGIN!! LET...IT...BEGIN!!!

forrest city joe

Quote from: zane on August 05, 2017, 12:56:36 pm
Breaking News: Our offense is SALTY
The offense could be the best in a long time. the skill players we have are off the charts. if the Hogs get good OL play this year,the sky is the limit for them. WR,RB and TE are stacked. it all depends on the OL.

ricepig

Greenlaw isn't playing, they're trying to get some of the younger guys up to speed. Lafrance had a very good s scrimmage, look for him to move up in the depth chart.

Letsroll1200

Is Will Gragg still with the Razorbacks?

coach, my back hurts

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on August 05, 2017, 02:23:22 pm
Is Will Gragg still with the Razorbacks?

And what about Brandon Martin?  Really expecting big things from him.

Why didn't we scrimmage 1's vs 1's?

Wouldn't that make more sense to gage where some of the new starters are at? 

I don't get what our new defense is getting from going against the two's. Along with a whole set of new receivers and running backs.

PorkRinds

Quote from: coach, my back hurts on August 05, 2017, 02:31:45 pm

I don't get what our new defense is getting from going against the two's. Along with a whole set of new receivers and running backs.

You have no clue what today's objectives were.  But you're sure ready to guess and make assumptions based on your guess.

Pork Ranger

If the defense can't stop the twos what's the point in putting them against the ones?

presidenthog

And what about Brandon Martin?

Apparently is out of shape and doesn't know the play book well enough.

Basically he is being a juco player, and isn't quite as mature as nance is.

Carl Lazlo

CBB never scrimmaged 1s v 1s.  Always 1s against the "world." Not saying it's the correct approach but that's the way he scrimmages.

I see the same thing from last season out of secondary.  Even against freshman 2nd and 3rd team. Toliver has angle but can't catch Chase Hayden.  Pulley gets beat deep by K. Jackson.  Ramirez talking trash and getting penatly. 

RebelW

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on August 05, 2017, 02:38:30 pm

CBB never scrimmaged 1s v 1s.  Always 1s against the "world." Not saying it's the correct approach but that's the way he scrimmages.

I see the same thing from last season out of secondary.  Even against freshman 2nd and 3rd team. Toliver has angle but can't catch Chase Hayden.  Pulley gets beat deep by K. Jackson.  Ramirez talking trash and getting penatly.
Pulley didn't get beat by speed. Koilan jumped and grabbed it with one hand..

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: RebelW on August 05, 2017, 02:41:17 pm
Pulley didn't get beat by speed. Koilan jumped and grabbed it with one hand..

Ok.  I really don't care if he cartwheeled and snatched it.  He got beat.

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Michael_E_Davis

Just waiting for them to announce the next major injury.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

sowmonella

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on August 05, 2017, 02:47:57 pm
Just waiting for them to announce the next major injury.

Searching for the darkness in a world of light. sigh.............
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

presidenthog

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on August 05, 2017, 02:45:22 pm
Ok.  I really don't care if he cartwheeled and snatched it.  He got beat.

You realize that pulley is a top 3 sec lock down corner right?

You also realize there is no defense for a perfect pass/big man just out sizing a CB right? I'm sure you are full of football knowledge and just know pulley sucks I'm sure. Nvm he will probably be a 3rd round pick by the time he is done, but I better hurry and get to the scouts to say caro lazlo says he sucks.

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: sowmonella on August 05, 2017, 02:52:54 pm
Searching for the darkness in a world of light. sigh.............

"searching for darkness in a word of light."    That you for the title of my next book.  I will make sure and give you a mention.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

RebelW

Quote from: presidenthog on August 05, 2017, 03:04:56 pm

You also realize there is no defense for a perfect pass/big man just out sizing a CB right? I'm sure you are full of football knowledge and just know pulley sucks I'm sure. Nvm he will probably be a 3rd round pick by the time he is done, but I better hurry and get to the scouts to say caro lazlo says he sucks.
I know right? Some of these guys have some stupid expectations for players  that think they should be perfect every down and never lose a play their whole career of football. Must be a miserable life

bennyl08

Quote from: presidenthog on August 05, 2017, 03:04:56 pm

I agree with you, but just to play devil's advocate.

We recently had another cornerback perform virtually the same feat that Pulley did. Put up very good numbers during his pro day. Didn't go drafted. Jared Collins tied for the SEC lead in pass breakups in 2014 with 13 and was 12th nationally. Led our team again with 9 in 2015. He had 12 pbu's this past season, just one shy of Pulley's 13 as a freshmen.

Didn't get drafted and didn't make it past the summer camps and into fall in the NFL.

A big difference b/w Pulley and Collins is about 20 pounds more weight on Pulley. 5'11 176 is pretty light for a corner, especially with 6'4 230 pound receivers out there in the NFL. Collins was our best cover corner during his time here, but struggled against the run and making consistent tackles. He improved a good bit in both areas, particularly his senior year, but apparently not enough for the NFL.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse