Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Great Dane

Started by bphi11ips, August 05, 2017, 10:06:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bphi11ips

Good article today on Hjalte Froholdt:

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/aug/05/former-o-line-guru-sees-a-great-dane-20/

I think the question where 51 is concerned is not whether he will be a great o-lineman, but when.  He definitely has the look and the mindset.  He was thrown into the fire last year, but Bielema put him in the right position to be successful at the next level.  He did the same thing with A.J. Derby, although Derby did play TE in high school.

Looking forward to many pancakes this year from the Great Dane. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hawganatic

Going to be fun watching him this season.  Think he is going to be great.

PorkRinds

If he's a great OL now, last year was worth it.  If he continues to struggle it'll be a failed experiment that CBB will likely ride with anyway.

bphi11ips

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 05, 2017, 10:19:10 am
If he's a great OL now, last year was worth it.  If he continues to struggle it'll be a failed experiment that CBB will likely ride with anyway.

You have to like Larry Beightol's endorsement. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

sickboy

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 05, 2017, 10:19:10 am

I feel like he didn't struggle nearly as bad as fans here remember. He had growing pains early and a few big whiffs that you usually don't see freshmen linemen make, but that's because most freshmen lineman have spent their high school careers playing the position. Those moments tend to stick out like a sore thumb and fans latch onto them and think he struggled mightily. But the truth is, those were a few scant plays here and there. By the end of the season, Frojholdt was one of our more promising lineman it seemed.

In fact, I'd say he was better than I expected a transitional d-lineman to be. Especially in the SEC West. And if he continues to grow like he did, he'll have a chance at being a really special lineman before he leaves Arkansas.

PorkRinds

Quote from: sickboy on August 05, 2017, 11:13:12 am
I feel like he didn't struggle nearly as bad as fans here remember. He had growing pains early and a few big whiffs that you usually don't see freshmen linemen make, but that's because most freshmen lineman have spent their high school careers playing the position. Those moments tend to stick out like a sore thumb and fans latch onto them and think he struggled mightily. But the truth is, those were a few scant plays here and there. By the end of the season, Frojholdt was one of our more promising lineman it seemed.

In fact, I'd say he was better than I expected a transitional d-lineman to be. Especially in the SEC West. And if he continues to grow like he did, he'll have a chance at being a really special lineman before he leaves Arkansas.

He was great in run blocking. His pass pro needed work.  I feel like he will make a big jump this season. He will be the new Frank Ragnow after Frank is gone. The anchor of the line.