Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alex Collins Interview

Started by phadedhawg, August 04, 2017, 12:39:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

phadedhawg

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/podcast_player/?a=10021076&sid=1007&n=Brock+and+Salk

Great interview with Alex Collins about differences between his rookie camp and this year. 

Last year Alex was 214 lbs and now he's down to 205.  I wonder if he's picked up any speed....

AC hasn't forgotten who his people are.  He got in a "Go Hogs" during the interview.

Paul

Thanks  He'll always be one of my face Hogs

HamSammich

August 04, 2017, 01:08:53 pm #2 Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 01:23:23 pm by HamSammich

MultipleScoreGasms

Quote from: Paul on August 04, 2017, 01:05:17 pm

Me too.  Good kid, and great ambassador for the HOGS!

phadedhawg

Us acquiring E. Lacy has me a bit nervous about Collin's place on the team this year.  I was so thrilled when Seattle drafted him.  All reports I hear is he's an outstanding teammate.  He made some big plays for us down the stretch but our OL was patchwork at best.  Sometimes when Alex came into the game it was in situations where we weren't making any holes up front.  We've made some moves in the offseason to try and improve the OL.  Hopefully Alex gets another chance to show what he can do when he doesn't encounter defenders in the backfield. 

Alex caught some passes from Wilson too.  The knock on Alex was he was inexperienced catching passes out of the backfield.  He just needs some more touches and I'm sure he will be alright. 

If Seattle cuts him and puts him on the practice squad I expect another team will snatch him up.

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

gmarv

one of my all time face hogs too.I have always had a lot of respect for the kid after the way he handled his signing day nightmare.

PorkRinds

The Hogfather

Quote from: Paul on August 04, 2017, 01:05:17 pm

Who are your other face Hogs?

The Hawg Marshal

Are face Hogs in basketball too or does it only refer to football?

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

Justagp

1highhog

What the heck is a face hog?

FraggleHog

Can't listen to the interview right now, so don't know the context of the situation. Are you sure it wasn't a "Go Hawks " as in Go Seahawks? I know a couple of years ago Russell Wilson said "Go Hawks" and some on here thought he said Go Hogs since Coach B is now at Arkansas.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

FraggleHog

Quote from: 1highhog on August 05, 2017, 11:29:46 am

Pretty sure he meant to say Fave Hog.

The Kig

Quote from: FraggleHog on August 05, 2017, 11:42:26 am
Can't listen to the interview right now, so don't know the context of the situation. Are you sure it wasn't a "Go Hawks " as in Go Seahawks? I know a couple of years ago Russell Wilson said "Go Hawks" and some on here thought he said Go Hogs since Coach B is now at Arkansas.

Yeah, I listened to it several times and the first time through I thought it was "Go Hogs"...but mostly because I am not familiar with "Go Hawks".  When I listened a couple more times, I think it's definitely "Go Hawks".  Makes more sense in the context of the conversation. 

Great interview by a guy that is really sincere and selfless.  Hope he becomes a star.  Outstanding ambassador for the Hogs.
Poker Porker

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on August 04, 2017, 08:02:38 pm
Are face Hogs in basketball too or does it only refer to football?

There has to be 10-12 of each for me.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

The Hogfather

snoblind

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: 1highhog on August 05, 2017, 11:29:46 am

It's in the vein of " I just Steven Hill".

jjdlc

FelixJonesorDMAC?

AirWarren

Alex just seems like a great young man.

Sure do miss his time here.

Smalltownhog95

May face hog live on in hogville history.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

PonderinHog

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on August 06, 2017, 06:26:04 pm
May face hog live on in hogville history.
I ain't scare of face hog.

The Hawg Marshal

I think it is safe to assume that" face hog" will now permanently  be part of the vernacular around here.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: FraggleHog on August 05, 2017, 11:42:26 am

I think he says "Go Hogs."  They were talking about him being drafted.

PorkRinds

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on August 07, 2017, 05:24:00 pm
I think it is safe to assume that" face hog" will now permanently  be part of the vernacular around here.

1 page threads don't usually live on in infamy.

FraggleHog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on August 08, 2017, 10:05:25 am
I think he says "Go Hogs."  They were talking about him being drafted.

Yeah, like I said earlier at the time I couldn't listen to the interview so couldn't hear the context that it was stated in. Now that I've had a chance I definitely agree. He said Go Hogs

The Hogfather

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 08, 2017, 11:12:36 am

You're my least face poster of all times.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 08, 2017, 11:12:36 am

...well, maybe we should add a dash of Tanner English, a mysterious amount of Vin Ascolese, and a "Gruden's Tie" to the mix? You know, to at least help bump it on to 2 pages.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

FraggleHog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on August 08, 2017, 11:46:57 am
...well, maybe we should add a dash of Tanner English, a mysterious amount of Vin Ascolese, and a "Gruden's Tie" to the mix? You know, to at least help bump it on to 2 pages.

And now that you mention it... I just Steven Hill!

HamSammich

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 08, 2017, 11:45:16 am
You're my least face poster of all times.

Is he anyone's face poster?

The Hogfather

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on August 08, 2017, 11:46:57 am

Maybe that would get it to 10-12 pages!