Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First coach fired betting odds- 2017 edition

Started by Hogwild, August 04, 2017, 10:54:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

Also, I interpreted "matched record" as referring to wins/year.  I didn't take it to mean, "matched his best season." 

Maybe that's just me.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

870hogfan

Quote from: Wildhog on August 08, 2017, 02:02:24 pm
Arguing superlatives is a dangerous game.  While they haven't gone 12-1, they also haven't won fewer than 9 games, which CBB did in his last year.

It's why I stick with averages.

Have they won the Big 10 since he left?

Wildhog

Quote from: 870hogfan on August 08, 2017, 02:15:28 pm

Have they won the Big 10 since he left?

Nope.  Urban and Harbaugh took care of that. 

Have they won fewer games since he left?
1909/1964/1965/1977

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Wildhog on August 08, 2017, 01:33:12 pm
So you're saying we should see a big drop off from UW this year?

Anderson might have recruited well. I don't know. I DO know that he was there so briefly that a lot of the player there was recruited by BB and his staff.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Wildhog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 08, 2017, 03:00:37 pm
Anderson might have recruited well. I don't know. I DO know that he was there so briefly that a lot of the player there was recruited by BB and his staff.

CBB's players are gone.  We'll see how UW does without them.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Wildhog on August 08, 2017, 03:01:09 pm

Who cares? I want to see what his players are going to do here.

Wildhog

Quote from: ShadowHawg on August 08, 2017, 03:18:59 pm
Who cares? I want to see what his players are going to do here.

lol, well yeah.
1909/1964/1965/1977

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: 870hogfan on August 08, 2017, 12:20:48 pm

Yeah those 3 big 10 titles was a joke wasn't it??

One of them was. The other 2 were not. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Wildhog on August 08, 2017, 03:01:09 pm

As far as overall coaching I believe the big 10 now has the better coaches than the SEC. I can see that conference becoming a power again like it was back in the past.

SEC has Saban and I would say second best in the entire sec would be Mullen. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Wildhog on August 08, 2017, 02:02:24 pm
Arguing superlatives is a dangerous game.  While they haven't gone 12-1, they also haven't won fewer than 9 games, which CBB did in his last year.

It's why I stick with averages.

Averages can be misleading when you are comparing different time lengths. CBB coached longer at UW, so the opportunity to win/lose is higher. Hard to use averages when one has 8 years and the other 2.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Wildhog

Quote from: ChitownHawg on August 08, 2017, 04:47:11 pm
Averages can be misleading when you are comparing different time lengths. CBB coached longer at UW, so the opportunity to win/lose is higher. Hard to use averages when one has 8 years and the other 2.

You're right about that, but we're going on five years and there's been absolutely zero drop off. 

They're pre-season top 10 this year.  We'll see how it turns out.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ChitownHawg

August 08, 2017, 04:51:36 pm #311 Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 12:47:53 am by ChitownHawg
Quote from: HiggiePiggy on August 08, 2017, 04:24:02 pm
One of them was. The other 2 were not.

"Joke"? You step on the field and do your best. That is all you can control. You play the teams you are scheduled with.

What happens to your conference foes, beyond the game you play them, is out of your control. If they screw up and cause you to win the title then it is STILL legit.

Lessening or cheapening a title for something another team has done is not fair to the players who competed.

Some other team screws up and helps the Hogs win a title - are you not going to celebrate? Are you not going to accept the championship?
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Wildhog

Quote from: ChitownHawg on August 08, 2017, 04:51:36 pm
"Joke"? You step on the field and do your best. That is all you can control. You play the teams you are scheduled with.

What happens to your conference foes, beyond the game you play them, is out of your control. If they screw up and cause you to win the title then it is STILL legit.

Lessening or cheapening a title for something another team has done is not fair to the players who competed.

Some other team screws up and helps the Hogs win a title - are you not going to celebrate? Are you not going to accept the championship?

I think you quoted the wrong post.
1909/1964/1965/1977

#1Fan

Quote from: Wildhog on August 08, 2017, 02:11:26 pm
Also, I interpreted "matched record" as referring to wins/year.  I didn't take it to mean, "matched his best season." 

Maybe that's just me.

I agree with your interpretation.  I bet you could ask 100 Hog fans "What's CBB's record at Arkansas" and not one would say "8-5".

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Wildhog on August 08, 2017, 04:54:58 pm
I think you quoted the wrong post.

Thanks. iPhone posting can be adventurous at times.  ;)

hogblitz

The thing that bothers me the most is the talk of 8 wins.  Many are talking as how great of a season that would be if we achieved that total.  This is HDN all over again without the baggage.  People this is year 5.  To me(and I know it does not matter what I think), anything less than a 9-3 REGULAR SEASON is unexceptable in year 5 and if it is not met we should make a change.  It's nothing personal. The next coach will win right away with the talent level that he is squandering.  Maybe this will be the year that we breakthrough and there is no looking back for our program.  I certainly hope so.    We will see soon enough. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogblitz on August 09, 2017, 08:30:08 am
The thing that bothers me the most is the talk of 8 wins.  Many are talking as how great of a season that would be if we achieved that total.  This is HDN all over again without the baggage.  People this is year 5.  To me(and I know it does not matter what I think), anything less than a 9-3 REGULAR SEASON is unexceptable in year 5 and if it is not met we should make a change.  It's nothing personal. The next coach will win right away with the talent level that he is squandering.  Maybe this will be the year that we breakthrough and there is no looking back for our program.  I certainly hope so.    We will see soon enough.

Who do you go get?