Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First coach fired betting odds- 2017 edition

Started by Hogwild, August 04, 2017, 10:54:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

Quote from: daprospecta on August 07, 2017, 01:07:37 pm
I would say the first two years are a uphill battle. If the coach is worth his salt/is a good fit, results will start to show in year 3.  I thank CBB for coming in and starting a culture of accountability but that is icing on a cake.  The cake is wins and losses.  I just read an article on ESPN talking about Bob Stoops and how the retirement went down etc.  Stoops was considered a great coach because he won and he won big.  It is time for CBB to win and win big.  This is HIS roster ladies and gentleman.  If it does not work this year.  It won't.  It's nothing personal.

I don't disagree one bit until the last 2-3 sentences.  If it does not this it won't is where I have a little issue.  My personal beliefs is if it is not happening on a gradual uptick from this season to the next 2 seasons it won't happen.  I loved the last two recruiting classes and think that is what we needed to be competitive, but we have to let those guys get upper classmen.  Whether we like it or not, Bielema is here this year and next because of a buyout in his contract.  We will know by the time that buyout is feasible to purchase if he is going to cut it or not.  By all accounts in my opinion, everything is working upwards. 

GuvHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 07, 2017, 02:13:04 pm
I don't disagree one bit until the last 2-3 sentences.  If it does not this it won't is where I have a little issue.  My personal beliefs is if it is not happening on a gradual uptick from this season to the next 2 seasons it won't happen.  I loved the last two recruiting classes and think that is what we needed to be competitive, but we have to let those guys get upper classmen.  Whether we like it or not, Bielema is here this year and next because of a buyout in his contract.  We will know by the time that buyout is feasible to purchase if he is going to cut it or not.  By all accounts in my opinion, everything is working upwards. 

If you don't believe the Big Money Boosters would quickly raise the money to pay CBB's buyout if they believe it needs to be done you are seriously mistaken. The buyout is meaningless. What matters is how the team does this year and I believe they'll do very well.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

nwahogfan1

If CBB doesn't get to 8 wins this year then his seat gets warm but I think it is next year that if we do not get to 8 wins then he may get canned.   But no way in my opinion does he get fired after this year unless something really ugly happens.

onebadrubi

Quote from: GuvHog on August 07, 2017, 02:20:00 pm
If you don't believe the Big Money Boosters would quickly raise the money to pay CBB's buyout if they believe it needs to be done you are seriously mistaken. The buyout is meaningless. What matters is how the team does this year and I believe they'll do very well.

Spoken like someone who doesn't understand the value of money and only good at spending others.  The buyout is enough to prove that pretty much WONT HAPPEN.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: The ColonelHog on August 07, 2017, 02:52:19 pm
Write it down, take a picture of it, this IS how it will play out!

Don't motivate me any more RUBI....  I live in the REAL world, not rah rah, good guys, man crushes, and fake news.....  REAL!

Some of you guys (and not just you...I using the collective here) just love to argue for the sake of arguing. Short of going 3-9 this year (which won't happen) and maybe not even then, there won't be a new football coach at Arkansas until after the 2018 season.
Go Hogs Go!

GuvHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 07, 2017, 02:28:22 pm
Spoken like someone who doesn't understand the value of money and only good at spending others.  The buyout is enough to prove that pretty much WONT HAPPEN.

I understand very clearly and as ColonialHog has clearly shown in his long post above, the buyout is meaningless.

GuvHog

Quote from: The ColonelHog on August 07, 2017, 03:21:00 pm
OMG!  GUV!  We don't agree much except about the extremely long post which I vowed to stop doing, BUT I AGREE WITH YOU!  The buyout is meaningless and 6-6 WILL be the end!  Don't want to see 6-6 but if it happens, no matter what, BB WILL be GONE, and deservably so!

No, I think 6-6 in regular season play plus a bowl win gets CBB another year but he'd be on a very hot seat in 2018. Now if the Hogs were to go 6-6 in regular season play, lose the bowl game, and finish 6-7, that would probably cost Bret his job.

rhames

Buyouts do matter

It's funny that you listed all those schools. They, like arkansas,  are always in danger of having a losing season. The buy out is there to ensure the coach that of that happens, they won't get fired. Or if they do they will have a pay day.  That's why they always decrease as the years go by.

What's Saban's buyout? Urban?

Those guys are at places that win.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

ricepig

First of all, what would you consider "short sighted?"  Would it be to expect more of a coach who has been at the school five years and is still sub 500 overall and in conference?  Would it be to expel W-Ls and only focus on classroom results of which under this coach we are ranked 9th in our conference and 50ish in APR?  Would it be short sighted to expel W-Ls, APR and simply focus on the blotter with no athletes going to jail which I would contend at least 75% of coaches in CFB can say the same?

Half a brain?  Define "first few years."  Putting my WHOLE brain to work, I'd say this with FACTS rather than "opinions" and insults to back it up:  BB has already outlived the average coaching tenure of the school in the SEC with the longest coaching tenure history in the SEC which is 5.1 at UF and TENNER.  Auburn is 4.9, UGA is 4.8.  Even VANDY IS 4.5!  So what exactly is "a few years" because your brain is not in line with ACTUAL numbers...According to actual numbers, BB should have already been FIRED so it HAS to be a "man crush."

And don't feel sorry for me, you need to take a long look in the mirror and promise yourself to spend more time on reality than how you choose to see things because your thinking my friend is flawed according to the industry called "CFB!"

Here are a few facts concerning how the industry functions:

1.  CFB coaches are EXPECTED to WIN more than they lose which BB has not accomplished.
2.  CFB coaches are EXPECTED to maintain APR requirements which BB has done but ranks 9th in the SEC and 50ish nationally, which equates to "nothing to see here!"
3.  CFB coaches are EXPECTED to run clean programs of which I'd say less than 10% are on the NCAA radar which equates to "nothing to see here!"
4.  CFB coaches are EXPECTED to NOT embarrass the program or school (see CBP)!

Sooooooo, which of us needs pity, you are I?  I state facts, you state opinions about how EVERYONE should view BB when his tenure at UA has been failure after failure according to REAL numbers. 

More facts:
1.  77% of 5th year seniors in CFB DON'T play for the HC who recruited them.  BB is fortunate he's still here!
2.  Buyouts are an industry norm and does not guarantee a coach retains employment as depicted below:

Iowa- K. Ferentz:  $25.3 mil
Illinois- L. Smith: $19.3 mil
Arizona St.- T. Grantham:  $16.7 mil
Washington- Peterson: $16.4 mil
aTm- K. Sumlin: $15.4 mil
UCLA- Mora: $15.1 mil
VaTech- K. Fuente:  $15 mil
Virginia- B. Mendenhall: $14.5 mil
Kentucky- M. Stoopes: $14.0 mil
UGA- Smart: $13.5 mil
Utah- K. Whittingham: $12.2 mil
Oregon St.- G. Anderson: $11.8 mil
Iowa St.- M. Campbell:  $11.6 mil

Now, arguably only 4 of those programs are more storied than UA but there are more perennial cellar dwellers with comparable buyouts.  And by the way, BB has a mitigation/offset clause in his buyout as most CFB coaches do, so the buyout argument doesn't work.  (Wanna see it, make a FOI request, you'll get it!)...

Last but not least:  For 2016, UA was rated the 13th most profitable program in the country.  Only ONE program on the list above was more profitable so common sense says, "if anyone can pay a buyout, it's UA!"  We ARE NOT "poor lil Arky," we are a major player in CFB when it comes to what matters, MONEY!  We suc when it comes to getting what we invest in and that's W-Ls..

I hate to burst your Lil fake bubble, but this REAL lil thing called CFB IS about W-Ls!  If not, why is the LONGEST coaching tenure in the SEC 5.1 years with a complete average of ALL teams IS 4.1?  W-Ls rubi...  Ws-Ls, not make believe stuff RUBI!

In the alternate universe it's about rah, rah, man crushes, and he's a nice guy...  you are what the numbers say you are and the numbers tell me, "NOTHING TO SEE WITH BB!"

8-4 for me or BUST!

10-2:  fans dancing in the streets throughout the state.
9-3:  happy fans but "what if" will be in play
8-4:  most happy but some still mad (me? HAPPY!)
7-5:  vast majority abandon ship
6-6:  there WILL be a NEW head HOG on the HILL!

Don't motivate me any more RUBI....  I live in the REAL world, not rah rah, good guys, man crushes, and fake news.....  REAL!

Nope, there won't be a new coach next year, but you did put some work into that post, haha. And the contract is readily available on a Google search, so nothing new there. Yes, if he found a new job after being fired, that amount would be deducted from his buyout.

rhames

Quote from: The ColonelHog on August 07, 2017, 03:37:51 pm
Urban's is $20 mil, Saban's is $24 mil.  I didn't list them because theirs will not be needed and come into play.  They are NOT getting fired. The schools I listed are normal every day programs.  Not world beaters, average schools.  The point, as depicted by the list is, ALL P5 schools do it along with mitigation/offset.  All schools pay them to when they fire coaches which happens at the end of every season.  I would also suggest that ONLY 12 schools are positioned better than UA to do so and absorb it.  If the premise is that coaches don't get fired due to buyouts, then why is there a 25% turnover rate in CFB?  The buyout logic just doesn't float....  its part of the NORM in CFB....

Hmmm I thought Saban didn't have a buyout. Maybe that is just on his end.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

ricepig

Quote from: The ColonelHog on August 07, 2017, 03:43:35 pm
Lol!  Rice, I agree with part of your post, it is readily available but another aspect you left out, he must show a good faith effort to find work."  Plus, 6-6 regular season, 6-7 with the bowl, he's fired dude...  NOW, it won't happen and he WILL get an extension and I will be HAPPY because I DONT see anything south of 8-4!  Go Hogs!

Have you ever read where a fired coach was denied his money because he wasn't making a "good faith" effort to find a job? That's one of those clauses that sound/look good, but hard to prove otherwise.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: The ColonelHog on August 07, 2017, 10:47:48 am
Now here you go.  How do you know that for sure? 

Because in some back to back years coaches don't win very much yet still keep their job.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: The ColonelHog on August 07, 2017, 03:29:34 pm
I've been to Muskogee, spent time there, LOVE IT, but to steal a SC phrase, "come on mannnn!"  With all the information you have at your disposal, what logical explanation can you possibly give for that post?  We won't go 3-9 but 6-6 is possible (even though 8-4 is the worst we will do in my opinion as I've stated here for months) and it WILL get him fired.  What reasonable person would believe we will be better next season with a green QB in the SEC?  It's just not gonna happen.  8-4 this season or bust for me even though I know 8-4 will lead to an extension and another year.  That's how the industry works....  SMH!   

Don't shake your head too much...this will turn into a concussion thread.

Bielema will not be fired at the end of this season or after the first of the year short of going 3-9 this season (maybe not even then) unless he creates some kind of Petrino-like scandal that embarrasses the University. Now he could decide to leave of his own accord, can't predict that one way or the other. As far as being let go (other than scandal circumstances or his own decision) it appears that he will be here at least through the 2018 season.

Now do I think that he needs to win at least 9 in each of the next two seasons to preserve his position here? Yes, but that is just my opinion. You'd have to ask Jeff Long about his opinion.
Go Hogs Go!

plumbhog

Quote from: The ColonelHog on August 07, 2017, 05:28:03 pm
Lol.  Well I can't ask JL as I don't have that kind of cred.. And, I don't think it will come to any of this as I truly believe UA will be a media darling this season.  I think the only loses will come to Bama, And we go  1-2 to LSU, Auburn, and TCU.  That's 9-3 along with a blown win to go 8-4 at worst.  Been saying it since the sched came out and sticking to it.  Soooooooo, none of us will ever see how 7-6 or 6-7 pan out.  GO HOGS!

athldir@uark.edu
bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M

onebadrubi

First of all, what would you consider "short sighted?"  Would it be to expect more of a coach who has been at the school five years and is still sub 500 overall and in conference?  Would it be to expel W-Ls and only focus on classroom results of which under this coach we are ranked 9th in our conference and 50ish in APR?  Would it be short sighted to expel W-Ls, APR and simply focus on the blotter with no athletes going to jail which I would contend at least 75% of coaches in CFB can say the same?

Half a brain?  Define "first few years."  Putting my WHOLE brain to work, I'd say this with FACTS rather than "opinions" and insults to back it up:  BB has already outlived the average coaching tenure of the school in the SEC with the longest coaching tenure history in the SEC which is 5.1 at UF and TENNER.  Auburn is 4.9, UGA is 4.8.  Even VANDY IS 4.5!  So what exactly is "a few years" because your brain is not in line with ACTUAL numbers...According to actual numbers, BB should have already been FIRED so it HAS to be a "man crush."

And don't feel sorry for me, you need to take a long look in the mirror and promise yourself to spend more time on reality than how you choose to see things because your thinking my friend is flawed according to the industry called "CFB!"

Here are a few facts concerning how the industry functions:

1.  CFB coaches are EXPECTED to WIN more than they lose which BB has not accomplished.
2.  CFB coaches are EXPECTED to maintain APR requirements which BB has done but ranks 9th in the SEC and 50ish nationally, which equates to "nothing to see here!"
3.  CFB coaches are EXPECTED to run clean programs of which I'd say less than 10% are on the NCAA radar which equates to "nothing to see here!"
4.  CFB coaches are EXPECTED to NOT embarrass the program or school (see CBP)!

Sooooooo, which of us needs pity, you are I?  I state facts, you state opinions about how EVERYONE should view BB when his tenure at UA has been failure after failure according to REAL numbers. 

More facts:
1.  77% of 5th year seniors in CFB DON'T play for the HC who recruited them.  BB is fortunate he's still here!
2.  Buyouts are an industry norm and does not guarantee a coach retains employment as depicted below:

Iowa- K. Ferentz:  $25.3 mil
Illinois- L. Smith: $19.3 mil
Arizona St.- T. Grantham:  $16.7 mil
Washington- Peterson: $16.4 mil
aTm- K. Sumlin: $15.4 mil
UCLA- Mora: $15.1 mil
VaTech- K. Fuente:  $15 mil
Virginia- B. Mendenhall: $14.5 mil
Kentucky- M. Stoopes: $14.0 mil
UGA- Smart: $13.5 mil
Utah- K. Whittingham: $12.2 mil
Oregon St.- G. Anderson: $11.8 mil
Iowa St.- M. Campbell:  $11.6 mil

Now, arguably only 4 of those programs are more storied than UA but there are more perennial cellar dwellers with comparable buyouts.  And by the way, BB has a mitigation/offset clause in his buyout as most CFB coaches do, so the buyout argument doesn't work.  (Wanna see it, make a FOI request, you'll get it!)...

Last but not least:  For 2016, UA was rated the 13th most profitable program in the country.  Only ONE program on the list above was more profitable so common sense says, "if anyone can pay a buyout, it's UA!"  We ARE NOT "poor lil Arky," we are a major player in CFB when it comes to what matters, MONEY!  We suc when it comes to getting what we invest in and that's W-Ls..

I hate to burst your Lil fake bubble, but this REAL lil thing called CFB IS about W-Ls!  If not, why is the LONGEST coaching tenure in the SEC 5.1 years with a complete average of ALL teams IS 4.1?  W-Ls rubi...  Ws-Ls, not make believe stuff RUBI!

In the alternate universe it's about rah, rah, man crushes, and he's a nice guy...  you are what the numbers say you are and the numbers tell me, "NOTHING TO SEE WITH BB!"

8-4 for me or BUST!

10-2:  fans dancing in the streets throughout the state.
9-3:  happy fans but "what if" will be in play
8-4:  most happy but some still mad (me? HAPPY!)
7-5:  vast majority abandon ship
6-6:  there WILL be a NEW head HOG on the HILL!

This long lost waste of your time, is FULL of failure. 

First, you said multiple coaches have matched Bielemas record at UW since he left, wrong.  Even though it's besides the point you are just wrong.

- including the first two years in to the barometer of Bielemas performance is just not realistic.   It's short sighted and uneducated.  The man walked into a disaster that he had to fix, our cupboards were extremely thin of talent. He has no rebuilt that up and now his record will start to show his coaching, but the first two years were built doing years. 

-I never used gpa or apr as something to take up for Bielema, you just decided to believe that's why I took up for him.  So nice waste you if time and fail.

-Arkansas isn't winning with a flash in the pan coach.  Especially after what happened and the recruiting voids left after 2012.  Average coaching tenure in the sec is pointless, it doesn't make any point at all. 

-bielema has raised apr each year I believe.  He has kept it going up, regardless of where it ranks, that is part of his job and a successful asterisk in his evaluation.  You listed 4 things about what he is expected to do, yet those arent facts, those are your beliefs actually and you only believe they are facts because they are of your opinion. 

-let me understand your intelligence level here...  you want to prove to me that his buyout is not there to establish job security for a certain time for Bielema, meaning he pretty much won't be canned for this year and realistically next year.   So you go and make a list of some of the higher buyouts in the nation, in which non of those coaches have been fired and paid those buyouts.  I GOTCHA, pat yourself on the back! 

I don't have a man crush on Bielema.  Search my post history, I take up for the guy against the ridiculous like your post, sure, but I also have the mental capacity to call the coach out and don't give passes for last season.  Average coaching tenure length means very little, you didn't remove outliers in your average or anything.  If we change coaches every 4.1 years we WILL NEVER compete in the sec.  and just cause we can afford the buyout because we run our AD intelligently and fiscally responsible does not mean we will pay it this year.  And no, boosters won't line up to pay 7 figures each to get Bielema removed, that is Guv being unrealistic and spending others money.  It just ain't happening barring a motorcycle wreck type instance or a johnelle season, which is t happening

onebadrubi

Quote from: GuvHog on August 07, 2017, 03:11:52 pm
I understand very clearly and as ColonialHog has clearly shown in his long post above, the buyout is meaningless.

Your buddy did nothing to show the buying it is meaningless.  He provided similar buyout numbers of coaches who HAVE NOT been buyout it.  How does that show the buyout is meaningless Guv?   

GuvHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 08, 2017, 08:14:16 am

This long lost waste of your time, is FULL of failure. 

First, you said multiple coaches have matched Bielemas record at UW since he left, wrong.  Even though it's besides the point you are just wrong.

- including the first two years in to the barometer of Bielemas performance is just not realistic.   It's short sighted and uneducated.  The man walked into a disaster that he had to fix, our cupboards were extremely thin of talent. He has no rebuilt that up and now his record will start to show his coaching, but the first two years were built doing years. 

-I never used gpa or apr as something to take up for Bielema, you just decided to believe that's why I took up for him.  So nice waste you if time and fail.

-Arkansas isn't winning with a flash in the pan coach.  Especially after what happened and the recruiting voids left after 2012.  Average coaching tenure in the sec is pointless, it doesn't make any point at all. 

-bielema has raised apr each year I believe.  He has kept it going up, regardless of where it ranks, that is part of his job and a successful asterisk in his evaluation.  You listed 4 things about what he is expected to do, yet those arent facts, those are your beliefs actually and you only believe they are facts because they are of your opinion. 

-let me understand your intelligence level here...  you want to prove to me that his buyout is not there to establish job security for a certain time for Bielema, meaning he pretty much won't be canned for this year and realistically next year.   So you go and make a list of some of the higher buyouts in the nation, in which non of those coaches have been fired and paid those buyouts.  I GOTCHA, pat yourself on the back! 

I don't have a man crush on Bielema.  Search my post history, I take up for the guy against the ridiculous like your post, sure, but I also have the mental capacity to call the coach out and don't give passes for last season.  Average coaching tenure length means very little, you didn't remove outliers in your average or anything.  If we change coaches every 4.1 years we WILL NEVER compete in the sec.  and just cause we can afford the buyout because we run our AD intelligently and fiscally responsible does not mean we will pay it this year.  And no, boosters won't line up to pay 7 figures each to get Bielema removed, that is Guv being unrealistic and spending others money.  It just ain't happening barring a motorcycle wreck type instance or a johnelle season, which is t happening

You're wrong about the talent Bielema inherited and the 2014 Hog Defense (which was the best of the last 4 years) proves that. many of the starters on that defense were players that he inherited. It's no coincidence that the defense declined after the players Bielema inherited left.

I wouldn't include Bielema's first year at Arkansas but because of the improvement in the second season, it has to be included. If the team hadn't blown a couple of games that they should have won, they would have had a 9 win season that year.

wildhogman

I hope we win 10 or more this season, if for no other reason then to shut up certain people. those who will crawl back under the rocks, or play golf on their fav golf course, or peruse the sports boards looking for that home run wager.  This board might actually become fun again.
I really miss the posters who were knowlegeble, knew people, and could give decent info, good or bad without ever uttering one insult.

DEVIL DOG HOG

Quote from: wildhogman on August 08, 2017, 11:23:14 am
I hope we win 10 or more this season, if for no other reason then to shut up certain people. those who will crawl back under the rocks, or play golf on their fav golf course, or peruse the sports boards looking for that home run wager.  This board might actually become fun again.
I really miss the posters who were knowlegeble, knew people, and could give decent info, good or bad without ever uttering one insult.

AMEN!
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

#1Fan

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 08, 2017, 08:14:16 am

For the record, CBB had a winning percentage of 74% (68-24) at Whisky (I took out the lost 2012 season Rose Bowl that he didn't coach in).  The two coaches that followed him have a winning percentage of 76% (41-13).

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 08, 2017, 08:15:48 am
Your buddy did nothing to show the buying it is meaningless.  He provided similar buyout numbers of coaches who HAVE NOT been buyout it.  How does that show the buyout is meaningless Guv?   

Yep. I guarantee it isn't meaningless to whomever would have to pay it.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

onebadrubi

Quote from: The ColonelHog on August 08, 2017, 10:27:33 am
Onebadrubi is dillusional and refuse to even attempt to pay solace to reality.  I posted buyouts because ALL P5 coaches have them and every season there is a 24% turnover rate in CFB which means schools across the country PAY buyouts!  It's not that hard to understand onebadrubi....  if you just open up the old grey matter...

Dude, I am far from delusional.  If you can't comprehend the point of a buyouts amount and job security, then you are beyond help.  There is a HUGE difference in a school paying a buyout of say 1 million (or a coach for that matter), vs the 15.4 million to fire Bielema right now. 

If you think you mentioning 5+ current coaches that have buyouts of millions of dollars that are still at their jobs justifies your point that buyouts are pointless at that amount and can and will be paid if a coach needs to be fired, then I am arguing with someone who is not very intelligent at all. 

To provide a FACTUAL example (since you went on a benny type tangent about facts), to date that I can find, only one buyout has been paid north of 10 million and that was Charlie Weis, which is today still laughed at and brought up at least once every football season.  The next closest is Bo Pelini which was 7.9 million on the report I find which was written at the end of 2016.  Two big coaches fired after that I looked up, Charlie Strong is just owed his salary for the contract, so no real buyout sum, and Les miles was 12.9 million minus his salary, putting the cash owed to him around 9 million to get him to go away. 

So, to draw this conclusion for you using FACTS, only one coach has been canned with a 8 figure buyout and it was Charlie Weis by one of the biggest cash cow schools in the NCAA.  It isn't happening here, Bielema would have to run a sex trafficing ring to be fired this year, or something that serious. 

Schools don't pay a 15.4 million buyout and it's there and that amount for a reason!

onebadrubi

Quote from: #1Fan on August 08, 2017, 11:51:15 am
For the record, CBB had a winning percentage of 74% (68-24) at Whisky (I took out the lost 2012 season Rose Bowl that he didn't coach in).  The two coaches that followed him have a winning percentage of 76% (41-13).

Gary Anderson did not match Bielema's record though.

Wildhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 08, 2017, 12:11:04 pm

I think his point is that UW hasn't missed a beat since CBB left.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 08, 2017, 12:07:12 pm
Dude, I am far from delusional.

To be fair, I think he just meant you taste like pickles.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

onebadrubi

Quote from: GuvHog on August 08, 2017, 08:33:47 am
You're wrong about the talent Bielema inherited and the 2014 Hog Defense (which was the best of the last 4 years) proves that. many of the starters on that defense were players that he inherited. It's no coincidence that the defense declined after the players Bielema inherited left.

I wouldn't include Bielema's first year at Arkansas but because of the improvement in the second season, it has to be included. If the team hadn't blown a couple of games that they should have won, they would have had a 9 win season that year.

If we have enos in 14 I believe we win the UGA game and possibly 1 more.  But, even that, BIelema still did not have enough time to get all the players he needed.  Nevermind,  I am not going down this road with you Guv.  You are proven to be completely off on so many topics on a daily basis and I am not going down this road with you.  It's been discussed ad nausea here and by intelligent people, we knew Bielema's telling season are the next two seasons.  You won't find me guaranteeing success, you won't see me saying pay the man saban money, or anything like that. 

I also add, and am on record here saying, that no matter how Bielema's tenure shakes out, the next coach will be extremely grateful.  No matter when he tenure is over, he will have left us at a much better place then the last three coaches for sure. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: Wildhog on August 08, 2017, 12:12:39 pm

You can't make that point though in a post where you are on a tangent spewing facts (that don't even support your point) and are wrong. 

By the way, UW hasn't missed a beat and that isn't really debatable, but it isn't what he said. 

870hogfan

Quote from: Wildhog on August 08, 2017, 12:12:39 pm

Yeah those 3 big 10 titles was a joke wasn't it??

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 08, 2017, 12:19:16 pm
You can't make that point though in a post where you are on a tangent spewing facts (that don't even support your point) and are wrong. 

By the way, UW hasn't missed a beat and that isn't really debatable, but it isn't what he said. 

Yeah, he's not making his case as well as he could.
1909/1964/1965/1977

onebadrubi

Quote from: 870hogfan on August 08, 2017, 12:20:48 pm

Yeah those 3 big 10 titles was a joke wasn't it??

Make the point, but make the full point.

OSU was down, Michigan was in the tank.  He still had to win games and he did it.  We don't say saban won X sec titles and remind people that saban's life go easier when Urban's tactics at FLorida were catching up with him and he then departed. 

Wildhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 08, 2017, 12:31:13 pm
Make the point, but make the full point.

OSU was down, Michigan was in the tank.  He still had to win games and he did it.  We don't say saban won X sec titles and remind people that saban's life go easier when Urban's tactics at FLorida were catching up with him and he then departed. 

Which is why winning % (over time) is a much better barometer.
1909/1964/1965/1977

onebadrubi

Quote from: Wildhog on August 08, 2017, 12:33:48 pm
Which is why winning % (over time) is a much better barometer.
I think UW fans would argue that, Alvarez has line a 10-15% less winning percentage than Bielema, I believe. 

Wildhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 08, 2017, 12:38:04 pm
I think UW fans would argue that, Alvarez has line a 10-15% less winning percentage than Bielema, I believe. 

Yep.  They're probably really happy with their last three coaches.

There hasn't been any drop off from one to the next.
1909/1964/1965/1977

#1Fan

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 08, 2017, 12:11:04 pm

You're wrong.  They were both 74% (68-24 vs. 20-7).  And Andersen was a little better if you carry out the decimal places.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: #1Fan on August 08, 2017, 12:51:01 pm
You're wrong.  They were both 74% (68-24 vs. 20-7).  And Andersen was a little better if you carry out the decimal places.

Ask yourself who recruited a lot of the players if not a majority of them when Anderson was the Badger coach.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on August 07, 2017, 02:21:36 pm
If CBB doesn't get to 8 wins this year then his seat gets warm but I think it is next year that if we do not get to 8 wins then he may get canned.   But no way in my opinion does he get fired after this year unless something really ugly happens.

He's a smart guy. Anyone think he might leave on his accord if this season leaves him on a hot seat?

Wildhog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 08, 2017, 01:17:08 pm
Ask yourself who recruited a lot of the players if not a majority of them when Anderson was the Badger coach.

So you're saying we should see a big drop off from UW this year?
1909/1964/1965/1977

GuvHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 08, 2017, 12:17:56 pm
If we have enos in 14 I believe we win the UGA game and possibly 1 more.  But, even that, BIelema still did not have enough time to get all the players he needed.  Nevermind,  I am not going down this road with you Guv.  You are proven to be completely off on so many topics on a daily basis and I am not going down this road with you.  It's been discussed ad nausea here and by intelligent people, we knew Bielema's telling season are the next two seasons.  You won't find me guaranteeing success, you won't see me saying pay the man saban money, or anything like that. 

I also add, and am on record here saying, that no matter how Bielema's tenure shakes out, the next coach will be extremely grateful.  No matter when he tenure is over, he will have left us at a much better place then the last three coaches for sure. 

You're right about beating UGA and one other, that would have put the Hogs at 9 wins in 2014 just as I stated. I'm aware that Bielema had not gotten all of his players on campus in 2014 but it was a pretty good year and he still deserves credit for that so it has to count.

Bielema and his staff have done a good job of recruiting on the offensive side of the ball and one could see the defensive recruiting starting to improve with the 2015 class. 2013 and 2014 were not good defensive recruiting years. I believe this will be CBB's best year as Hog HC so far.

GuvHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 08, 2017, 12:07:12 pm
Dude, I am far from delusional.  If you can't comprehend the point of a buyouts amount and job security, then you are beyond help.  There is a HUGE difference in a school paying a buyout of say 1 million (or a coach for that matter), vs the 15.4 million to fire Bielema right now. 

If you think you mentioning 5+ current coaches that have buyouts of millions of dollars that are still at their jobs justifies your point that buyouts are pointless at that amount and can and will be paid if a coach needs to be fired, then I am arguing with someone who is not very intelligent at all. 

To provide a FACTUAL example (since you went on a benny type tangent about facts), to date that I can find, only one buyout has been paid north of 10 million and that was Charlie Weis, which is today still laughed at and brought up at least once every football season.  The next closest is Bo Pelini which was 7.9 million on the report I find which was written at the end of 2016.  Two big coaches fired after that I looked up, Charlie Strong is just owed his salary for the contract, so no real buyout sum, and Les miles was 12.9 million minus his salary, putting the cash owed to him around 9 million to get him to go away. 

So, to draw this conclusion for you using FACTS, only one coach has been canned with a 8 figure buyout and it was Charlie Weis by one of the biggest cash cow schools in the NCAA.  It isn't happening here, Bielema would have to run a sex trafficing ring to be fired this year, or something that serious. 

Schools don't pay a 15.4 million buyout and it's there and that amount for a reason!

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe Bielema will be fired after this season but it won't be the buyout that keeps him from being fired.

onebadrubi

Quote from: #1Fan on August 08, 2017, 12:51:01 pm

One of us, you or I, has completely failed the english language. 

I read where someone says both coaches following Bielema's tenure have "matched his record".  In that premise, if someone is matching his record, which insinuates his best, that means they are matching his best record.  Which, literally and technically has not been done, yet. 

Wildhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 08, 2017, 01:55:28 pm
One of us, you or I, has completely failed the english language. 

I read where someone says both coaches following Bielema's tenure have "matched his record".  In that premise, if someone is matching his record, which insinuates his best, that means they are matching his best record.  Which, literally and technically has not been done, yet. 

They haven't won fewer than 9 games since CBB left. 

CBB left after going 8-5. 

Let's all just agree that there hasn't been any drop off since he left. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

onebadrubi

Quote from: Wildhog on August 08, 2017, 01:33:12 pm
So you're saying we should see a big drop off from UW this year?

They probably have one of the easiest schedules in football this year of any power 5.  They will most likely play 1 or at most 2 schools that will be ranked. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: Wildhog on August 08, 2017, 01:57:13 pm
They haven't won fewer than 9 games since CBB left. 

CBB left after going 8-5. 

Let's all just agree that there hasn't been any drop off since he left.

They have not gone 12-1, so they have not matched his record.  Since the colonel wants to be so factual, which is where this all started. 

Wildhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 08, 2017, 02:00:08 pm
They probably have one of the easiest schedules in football this year of any power 5.  They will most likely play 1 or at most 2 schools that will be ranked. 

And the B10 when CBB was there was historically awful. 

I don't understand why it's so hard to look at the numbers and just admit that there hasn't been any drop off.  CBB is still the same coach.  It's not a knock.  It is what it is.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 08, 2017, 02:01:18 pm
They have not gone 12-1, so they have not matched his record.  Since the colonel wants to be so factual, which is where this all started. 

Arguing superlatives is a dangerous game.  While they haven't gone 12-1, they also haven't won fewer than 9 games, which CBB did in his last year.

It's why I stick with averages.
1909/1964/1965/1977

onebadrubi

Quote from: Wildhog on August 08, 2017, 02:01:21 pm
And the B10 when CBB was there was historically awful. 

I don't understand why it's so hard to look at the numbers and just admit that there hasn't been any drop off.  CBB is still the same coach.  It's not a knock.  It is what it is.

There are two different conversations going on here.  My comment about their schedule this year had nothing to do with the CBB conversation.  It was just about the post I quoted in which you were embarking on.  Actually highlighting your point you were making.  They will not take a step back this year in the W column unless they have an absolute collapse. 

I've said it multiple times in here and on this board, they have not dropped off.  Don't know why that must continue to be repeated.

Wildhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 08, 2017, 02:03:12 pm
There are two different conversations going on here.  My comment about their schedule this year had nothing to do with the CBB conversation.  It was just about the post I quoted in which you were embarking on.  Actually highlighting your point you were making.  They will not take a step back this year in the W column unless they have an absolute collapse. 

I've said it multiple times in here and on this board, they have not dropped off.  Don't know why that must continue to be repeated.

Gotcha.  Miscommunication.

Just feels like we're arguing semantics.
1909/1964/1965/1977

onebadrubi

Quote from: Wildhog on August 08, 2017, 02:02:24 pm
Arguing superlatives is a dangerous game.  While they haven't gone 12-1, they also haven't won fewer than 9 games, which CBB did in his last year.

It's why I stick with averages.

I don't think anything about "matched record" is a superlative.  It doesn't go out on a limb to exaggerate anything.  It is very simplistic term, and the only reason I am making such a point about it is Colonel felt the need to drive home "facts" to prove his arrogance. 

The other guy came in and argued to support Colonel, but he's arguing a different argument.  By percentages absolutely, but when you want to lash out of someone on facts, you better be pretty factually accurate.  Very similar to the guy with the quote in his signature about calling some smarter than him and having a major misspelled word in the sentence. 

Wildhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 08, 2017, 02:06:26 pm
I don't think anything about "matched record" is a superlative.  It doesn't go out on a limb to exaggerate anything.  It is very simplistic term, and the only reason I am making such a point about it is Colonel felt the need to drive home "facts" to prove his arrogance. 

The other guy came in and argued to support Colonel, but he's arguing a different argument.  By percentages absolutely, but when you want to lash out of someone on facts, you better be pretty factually accurate.  Very similar to the guy with the quote in his signature about calling some smarter than him and having a major misspelled word in the sentence. 

Haha, fair enough.

1909/1964/1965/1977