Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First coach fired betting odds- 2017 edition

Started by Hogwild, August 04, 2017, 10:54:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Poker_hog

Quote from: ricepig on August 04, 2017, 07:58:57 pm
Actually, I didn't, I took it on face value.

As did I with your statement of he'll be here regardless.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

wildhogman

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 04, 2017, 02:55:43 pm
In this instance they're acting as such because there's a lot of them that are strangely supportive of everything the guy does, results be darned.  They're also vested in not being proven wrong about him, they don't want to hear "I told you so".  I know of no other school today that would put up with a coach being under .500 in both conference and overall record after 5 years.  Not to mention the outright embarrassing losses.  When these facts are presented, they attack.  ...and it's personal.

However, as soon as it does happen (he's fired), you can bet your bippy that they'll turn on Bret faster than shi^ through a goose.
Not all wil turn on him. As long as the only reason he moves on has to do with his wins and loses. Unlike former coaches who left because of controversy.

wildhogman

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 04, 2017, 03:31:13 pm
...I hope not, but if the same guy is in charge of that next hire that was also responsible for the last several, that's more than likely.
speaking of attacks. Your either unhappy with the HC or the AD or the waterboy or the usher who took your ticket with his left hand instead of his right. Jeff could Hire Jimmy Johnson as HC, and if we didn't win a NC in 3 years you'd be unhappy and spouting how he sucks and jeff does too.  Soooooo glad I am not that unhappy

wildhogman

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 04, 2017, 04:22:49 pm
No, he wasn't hired as a guidance counselor.  He was hired to win football games.  Sorry but that's just a fact.
You was there during the meetings when he interviewed? You heard every detail? Gee whiz you must actually BE a big donor. We don't need people with sources, we got you. So tell us oh knowlegable  one. Was it ever mentioned during the interview or th signing of contracts that that the university expects his players to perform above average in the class room? or to stay out of trouble. No police reports flooding the media every off season?  To keep the APR as high a spossible?  No, by your words, the only thing he was told to worry about is wins. nothing else. as you said,, "fact"

Science Fiction Greg

Good lord.  Some of you need to either learn the definition of "fact" or just stop using the word altogether.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on August 04, 2017, 08:05:13 pm
There won't be a lot of a drop-off for Clemson's Offense without Watson.  Kelly Bryant (another talented dual-threat QB) is no slouch.  Plus, Bryant will have an elite group of Wide Receivers he will be throwing to.  Highly doubtful any opposing Secondary in the nation (including Alabama's Secondary) will be able to contain Clemson's elite group of Wide Receivers.

Auburn rushed the ball for 87 total rushing yards against Clemson last season (41 rushing attempts for Auburn for a 2.1 yard per carry average).  Clemson's Defensive Line should be even better this season than last season.  The 2017 Clemson DL may be the best DL Malzahn has ever faced.

The only advantage that Alabama may have on Florida State is Alabama's DL against the Florida State OL.  Fisher's playcalling though will get Francois out of the pocket to get him some extra time.

Florida State recruits very well.  Alabama is not going to have the overwhelming talent advantage against Florida State that Alabama is used to having against opponents.

And Auburn returns the most experienced OL in the SEC. They will be able to handle Clemson's DL for the most part. Plus last year Auburn didnt have a passing threat at QB, and now they do, so Clemson wont be able to stack the box like they could last year.

Also FSU hasnt recruited better than Bama last time I checked, and Bama actually has an experienced QB now that wont have the deer in headlights look he had last year. It will be close until the 4th when Bama pulls away because of depth.

Ill take Auburn and Alabama for $500, Alex.

Wildhog

Quote from: EulessHog on August 04, 2017, 08:01:28 pm
A repeat of last year's second half meltdowns and his A is gone.

He'd have to go 3-9 (again) to get fired after this year.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

sowmonella

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 04, 2017, 07:45:07 pm
You want me to explain wins and losses.

Wins=good
Losses=bad

So far, we've had more bad.

Not sure I could dummy it down too much more.

By definition anything you post is dummied  down.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

j-mann

calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

Hogwild

Quote from: ricepig on August 04, 2017, 07:06:45 pm
If he goes 5-7, he will still be the head coach in 2018. Now, he may move on his own, but he will coach two more seasons, otherwise.

First I feel that we will win 7 or 8 reg seasons games. Now if we win 5 games or less, I can't imagine he would be back. 4 OOC wins against one of the weakest non conference schedules would leave us at 1-7 in conference play.

After 5 seasons he would have an 11-29 SEC record, has any coach in our conference survied to year 6?

jkstock04

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 04, 2017, 12:18:35 pm
I don't know any big donors.  But I've been told the same thing as rice, who does know a big donor, by a well connected former player.

This is why this board isn't what it used to be.  Anyone who tries to tell you something they've been told gets treated like a fricking criminal.

Once upon a time, Frank couldn't fart without someone on Hogville posting about it two minutes later.  Now?  We just keep arguing about opinions to no end.

I'll say it again, and try my damndest to live up to it.  I have no intention of ever sharing another thing on this board.
You also said a few weeks back that if Bielema wins 8 this year for everyone to be ready for him to get a raise and contract extension...so there is that. That doesn't equal this win 16 games in two years or you are out scenario.

The spin on here changes so fast sometimes it messes ya up.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on August 04, 2017, 09:41:58 pm
Good lord.  Some of you need to either learn the definition of "fact" or just stop using the word altogether.
Fact = something known

My statement is a truth known by me and others, therefore fact.  Sorry it bothers some of y'all that I used the word as defined.
All Gas, No Brakes!

twistitup

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 05, 2017, 01:29:29 am
Fact = something known

My statement is a truth known by me and others, therefore fact.  Sorry it bothers some of y'all that I used the word as defined.

no how facts work
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jst01 on August 04, 2017, 04:32:12 pm
its kinda implied..like when a salesman gets hired, his employment contract may not specify the number of sales he must get per year, but everyone knows its his job to make sales consistently and most likely get better at making sales the longer he is there.

Facts are not implied or they wouldn't be called facts.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

August 05, 2017, 06:37:21 am #164 Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 06:38:00 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Hogwild on August 04, 2017, 10:16:45 pm
First I feel that we will win 7 or 8 reg seasons games. Now if we win 5 games or less, I can't imagine he would be back. 4 OOC wins against one of the weakest non conference schedules would leave us at 1-7 in conference play.

After 5 seasons he would have an 11-29 SEC record, has any coach in our conference survied to year 6?

My brother in law has been married and divorced three times. His current wife the fourth and him are going on over twenty years. Just because something hasn't been done before doesn't mean it won't be done. Debating if it should be done is a different question.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

LZH

I only skimmed over the last couple of pages, but just out of curiosity in the Notre Dame issue of firing their coach, is Chip Kelley Catholic, does anyone know? Hope he lands there instead of somewhere like Texas A&M.

Inhogswetrust

Fact = something known

Facts are NOT relegated to only you and your others. IF you feel so confident about it as a fact then you should share the source and PROVE your so fact since you were so willing to share it AS fact on here in  the first place and thus cause all this debate. That's the problem with your post stating a fact. Facts are indisputable and not debatable. Until then it is only an opinion.

Al Boarland

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on August 04, 2017, 07:38:39 pm
The ONLY thing that may derail Malzahn this year is that he doesnt have a true running QB. Stidham is a pocket passer, but a very good one. Malzahn will have to design an offense around a pocket passer (which he did with Mustain). If he doesnt, they could have problems. But if he does, theyll be competing for the SECw

QB--Questionable with a high ceiling. Has D1 game experience
RB/WR--Return a lot, will be loaded
OL -- Should be roughly the same as last year which was pretty good
Defense-- Return a lot, will be loaded
ST/K -- Unsure of the kicking game, returns will be good.

Auburn hired a new OC. I read a couple articles. Apparently, he reaized he needed to evolve his very simplistic passing game. I think their plan is to keep the potent run game and add the OC's passing schemes with RPO's.  That QB they brought in has experience running RPO's from his time at Baylor. If they are able to be more balanced they will be nasty.

tophawg19

Quote from: GuvHog on August 04, 2017, 12:01:37 pm
I'll tell you why. I've been called out numerous times for posting something as fact without backing it up and rightfully so. I'm not the only one that's been called out for it either so when you post something on here as fact and then refuse to back it up, expect to get called out for it.
the difference is some people are connected while the rest of us aren't . The ones that are sure as h-ll aren't going to give sources to prove something . If you can't figure which do have at least some connection , then that's too bad . We have former players on here as well as people inside the U of A . Learn to watch the posters and if they make statements , did it come true ? I know things can change from day to day but overall do they have a good batting average
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Al Boarland on August 05, 2017, 06:57:58 am
Auburn hired a new OC. I read a couple articles. Apparently, he reaized he needed to evolve his very simplistic passing game. I think their plan is to keep the potent run game and add the OC's passing schemes with RPO's.  That QB they brought in has experience running RPO's from his time at Baylor. If they are able to be more balanced they will be nasty.

Stidham is not a runner, at least he wasn't at Baylor. He started 3 games at Baylor as a true freshman and was injured in two of them. It's been over 600 days since he took a game time snap. We'll see.
Go Hogs Go!

Al Boarland

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 05, 2017, 07:15:41 am
Stidham is not a runner, at least he wasn't at Baylor. He started 3 games at Baylor as a true freshman and was injured in two of them. It's been over 600 days since he took a game time snap. We'll see.

That's true. They do have the starter from last year as well. I don't think you have to be a runner with RPO's, but it does eliminate one of the run options.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 05, 2017, 06:41:08 am
Facts are NOT relegated to only you and your others. IF you feel so confident about it as a fact then you should share the source and PROVE your so fact since you were so willing to share it AS fact on here in  the first place and thus cause all this debate. That's the problem with your post stating a fact. Facts are indisputable and not debatable. Until then it is only an opinion.
You apparently never studied facts in school.  They are inherently debatable.  What do you think the entire institution of politics and debate is built on?

And you are a pure fool if you think I'm going to burn the person who told me ANYTHING just to "prove" something on an internet message board to an entitled jackass.

All Gas, No Brakes!

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on August 04, 2017, 07:06:45 pm
If he goes 5-7, he will still be the head coach in 2018. Now, he may move on his own, but he will coach two more seasons, otherwise.

You are seriously underestimating the intense pressure that would be brought upon Long to terminate CBB by big money boosters and some of the PTB at the U of A if the Hogs win only 5 games this year. I'd be shocked if they only win 5 games though, I think they'll do quite a bit better than that.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

rhames

Quote from: jkstock04 on August 05, 2017, 01:11:42 am
You also said a few weeks back that if Bielema wins 8 this year for everyone to be ready for him to get a raise and contract extension...so there is that. That doesn't equal this win 16 games in two years or you are out scenario.

The spin on here changes so fast sometimes it messes ya up.

Extension doesn't mean jack. How many times does it have to be said?  It's entirely for recruiting purposes.

How's  this to blow your mind? He is probably going to get an extension at 6 wins anyway this year and it is still entirely possible that if he doesn't win 10+ next year he is still gone.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

rljjr

Quote from: Al Boarland on August 05, 2017, 06:57:58 am

I absolutely do not understand the outright worship of this kid from BAYLOR. He started 3 games. Three. He put up gaudy numbers in relief against TERRIBLE teams.

In his starts Baylor beat KSU -- the 105th ranked total defense -- by 7 points, but Stidham put up nice numbers with 3 TDs and zero picks. Remember the Hogs beat KSU that year by a hefty margin in the shiny helmet bowl game.

Against OU, ranked 39th in total D, he threw two TDs and two picks lost 44-34. The hard hitting OU defense injured his back in the first quarter, but to his credit he finished the game.

At OSU -- 99th in total D -- Stidham gets credit for getting Baylor to a 10-point cushion at the half. He broke his ankle in the first half and did not play the second half. The second half QB was Chris Johnson, who is now a TE at Houston. Stidham had 1 TD and no INTs in that game. Johnson had 2 TDs and 1 Int and a far higher QB rating. 

Everyone is gaga over his "potential."

He's also, if we want to go by "potential," injury prone, as documented above. I can guarantee you the AU O-line had better be really good, because the defensive lines he's going to face week in, week out are far better than he saw in the Big12.

He MAY end up being the best QB ever. He MAY be Jeremy Johnson 2.0. Man, can we just play football already?

jkstock04

Quote from: rhames on August 05, 2017, 08:29:14 am

Extension doesn't mean jack. How many times does it have to be said?  It's entirely for recruiting purposes.

How's  this to blow your mind? He is probably going to get an extension at 6 wins anyway this year and it is still entirely possible that if he doesn't win 10+ next year he is still gone.
And a raise as well? Hell why not I guess.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Al Boarland

Quote from: rljjr on August 05, 2017, 09:10:42 am
I absolutely do not understand the outright worship of this kid from BAYLOR. He started 3 games. Three. He put up gaudy numbers in relief against TERRIBLE teams.

In his starts Baylor beat KSU -- the 105th ranked total defense -- by 7 points, but Stidham put up nice numbers with 3 TDs and zero picks. Remember the Hogs beat KSU that year by a hefty margin in the shiny helmet bowl game.

Against OU, ranked 39th in total D, he threw two TDs and two picks lost 44-34. The hard hitting OU defense injured his back in the first quarter, but to his credit he finished the game.

At OSU -- 99th in total D -- Stidham gets credit for getting Baylor to a 10-point cushion at the half. He broke his ankle in the first half and did not play the second half. The second half QB was Chris Johnson, who is now a TE at Houston. Stidham had 1 TD and no INTs in that game. Johnson had 2 TDs and 1 Int and a far higher QB rating. 

He's also, if we want to go by "potential," injury prone, as documented above. I can guarantee you the AU O-line had better be really good, because the defensive lines he's going to face week in, week out are far better than he saw in the Big12.

He MAY end up being the best QB ever. He MAY be Jeremy Johnson 2.0. Man, can we just play football already?

All I can go off of is a lot of really smart football people say he is legit. He could be a Jeremy Johnson, but that's a flukey thing. They have talent. They have talent on the OL. They have recruited as well as or better than we have on OL and we expect our OL to be good. Phil Steele ranked their OL 3rd in the conference ahead or our unit. He could get injured, but they have the starter from last season that led the conference in efficiency until he was injured. I wish we had a proven QB#2.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: rljjr on August 05, 2017, 09:10:42 am

In order to ignore Al appropriately, you have to understand that he is one of those guys who live or die by what the recruiting rags sell.  Stidham was the #1 QB recruit coming out of HS.  Therefore he is the best QB in the nation, inexperience and injury history bedamned.  It doesn't matter that he didn't play at all last year.  It doesn't matter that AU has to revamp the O to make him fit.  He was #1 according to a recruiting site.
All Gas, No Brakes!

daBoar

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 05, 2017, 10:00:40 am
He was #1 according to [a] recruiting site[/b].
He was also the top QB in Texas as a HS Senior; according to everyone who follows Texas football. As a senior he also rushed for over 750 yards at nearly  8 y/p/c.  This kid is good, maybe a bit raw, but we're talking about adding him to that offense that destroyed us last year.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: daBoar on August 05, 2017, 10:05:54 am
He was also the top QB in Texas as a HS Senior; according to everyone who follows Texas football. As a senior he also rushed for over 750 yards at nearly  8 y/p/c.  This kid is good, maybe a bit raw, but we're talking about adding him to that offense that destroyed us last year.
Do you guys really not understand that last years game was a fluke created by the convergence of a lot of factors? 

Auburn was the last game of a difficult 8 game stretch.  We were exhausted and flat.  I told Steef the whole week before the game that we could win, but only if we didn;t get down 21-0 in the first quarter.  We got down 28-0.  This was a fragile team with a terrible D scheme against RPOs and Spread O's in general.  We let Auburn score fast on a huge play and then we failed to answer when the answer was in our grasp.  That broke the will of an exhausted team with confidence problems.

Last year was a one of.  Am I promising a win this year?  No.  I've picked us to lose to Auburn.  I think they are a top 5 team, IF Stidham is as advertised.  But I'll be darned if I'm going to crown him before he plays a down of SEC football. 
All Gas, No Brakes!

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Al Boarland

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 05, 2017, 10:00:40 am
In order to ignore Al appropriately, you have to understand that he is one of those guys who live or die by what the recruiting rags sell.  Stidham was the #1 QB recruit coming out of HS.  Therefore he is the best QB in the nation, inexperience and injury history bedamned.  It doesn't matter that he didn't play at all last year.  It doesn't matter that AU has to revamp the O to make him fit.  He was #1 according to a recruiting site.
We have to revamp the D to make players fit. Actually we have to completely change it with less talented players.

And yeah, I look at recruiting because those that recruit well win more than those who don't.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Al Boarland on August 05, 2017, 09:48:14 am
All I can go off of is a lot of really smart football people say he is legit. He could be a Jeremy Johnson, but that's a flukey thing. They have talent. They have talent on the OL. They have recruited as well as or better than we have on OL and we expect our OL to be good. Phil Steele ranked their OL 3rd in the conference ahead or our unit. He could get injured, but they have the starter from last season that led the conference in efficiency until he was injured. I wish we had a proven QB#2.

It makes one ask what they base their evaluations on? He was a highly ranked QB coming out of HS but he wasn't good enough to supplant the starter at Baylor. Not an unusual position to be in for a true freshman, though. But then when pressed into service, he was adequate, not great, but again what do you expect from a true freshman? Then the broken ankle vs. Oklahoma State which apparently was severe enough that he laid out of football the entire next season while going to JC.

So basically we have 2 games that he started and 1/2 of another other than minor mop up duty in a few other games. Seems like there is a whole lot of projection about this kid based on little evidence.

We'll know more after they meet Clemson.
Go Hogs Go!

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 05, 2017, 10:12:41 am
Do you guys really not understand that last years game was a fluke created by the convergence of a lot of factors? 

Auburn was the last game of a difficult 8 game stretch.  We were exhausted and flat.  I told Steef the whole week before the game that we could win, but only if we didn;t get down 21-0 in the first quarter.  We got down 28-0.  This was a fragile team with a terrible D scheme against RPOs and Spread O's in general.  We let Auburn score fast on a huge play and then we failed to answer when the answer was in our grasp.  That broke the will of an exhausted team with confidence problems.

Last year was a one of.  Am I promising a win this year?  No.  I've picked us to lose to Auburn.  I think they are a top 5 team, IF Stidham is as advertised.  But I'll be darned if I'm going to crown him before he plays a down of SEC football. 

Guess all of our losses last year were flukes..... 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

HamSammich

Quote from: LZH on August 05, 2017, 06:38:23 am
I only skimmed over the last couple of pages, but just out of curiosity in the Notre Dame issue of firing their coach, is Chip Kelley Catholic, does anyone know? Hope he lands there instead of somewhere like Texas A&M.

He is and rumors are there are already talks. I look for chip or bill o'brien to be the head leprechaun next year

Deep Shoat

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on August 05, 2017, 10:41:14 am
Guess all of our losses last year were flukes.....
It's like I'm talking to retarded children...

The loss wasn't a fluke.  Auburn whipped us.  The 56-3 was a fluke.  Good grief, we had scored 30+ on Bama 2 weeks before,  We held Bama to less than 50.  Do you think Auburn was that much better than Bama?  Oh wait...

A loss is a loss.  Getting beat 56-3 by the same team you have played tight games with forever is a fluke.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Science Fiction Greg

August 05, 2017, 11:48:36 am #186 Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 12:03:34 pm by Possible Oatmeal
Fact = something known

Yeah, you're one of them that should definitely just stop using the word then.

(hint: things that might happen in the future cannot possible be considered facts - example: It will rain tomorrow and that's a fact.  Nope.  Another example: If Joe comes in late tomorrow, he will be fired and that's a fact.  Nope - especially if the person that said that is not in charge of firing Joe, but even if he were, it's still not a fact because it is in the future.  An alternate way you could state your case might be "Joe's boss said if he comes in late tomorrow he will be fired."  That is something that might be considered a fact.  Also, note that unless your source is Jeff Long directly, even this example is not applicable to  your case.  And even if it was Jeff Long, he may not have been truthful at the time.  There is just no way what you said could remotely be considered a fact.  Speculation by someone with influence, sure.)
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 05, 2017, 10:51:44 am
It's like I'm talking to retarded children...

The loss wasn't a fluke.  Auburn whipped us.  The 56-3 was a fluke.  Good grief, we had scored 30+ on Bama 2 weeks before,  We held Bama to less than 50.  Do you think Auburn was that much better than Bama?  Oh wait...

A loss is a loss.  Getting beat 56-3 by the same team you have played tight games with forever is a fluke.

So Missouri game and VT games weren't flukes then or were those just a pattern that has been played over the last 4 years?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on August 05, 2017, 12:05:49 pm
So Missouri game and VT games weren't flukes then or were those just a pattern that has been played over the last 4 years?

I'm not going to call them "flukes" because we just laid down and let them do it. I will call those two games, "very odd".
Go Hogs Go!

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 05, 2017, 12:08:03 pm
I'm not going to call them "flukes" because we just laid down and let them do it. I will call those two games, "very odd".

It is very odd, but it's similar every year.  We are 6-15 when leading or tied in the second half. We lose leads very often. So question is what is he doing at halftime?

Hogwild

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 04, 2017, 12:57:02 pm
I think the first coach actually fired will be Kelly of Notre Dame.  Put it this way, I think Kelly is the most likely to actually be fired during the season. 

Doesn't Notre Dame have a policy of not firing coaches during the season?  When I mentioned Kelly's name to a coworker, he said the Irish don't do that.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on August 05, 2017, 12:15:25 pm
It is very odd, but it's similar every year.  We are 6-15 when leading or tied in the second half. We lose leads very often. So question is what is he doing at halftime?

I've got that number to be 25-12. That's when leading or tied at the end of the first half. I'm not sure how you are calculating your numbers, but that accounts for all 4 years so far. 22-9 in the last 3 years.
Go Hogs Go!

rzrbackramsfan

I think the next coach will be fired will be butch jones.  It'll be in the middle of the year.  Then at seasons end it will be ole misses interim guy not being retained and sumlin tied.  I think CBB has this season and next.

Hogwild

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 05, 2017, 01:41:32 pm
I've got that number to be 25-12. That's when leading or tied at the end of the first half. I'm not sure how you are calculating your numbers, but that accounts for all 4 years so far. 22-9 in the last 3 years.

So we have never come from behind at half to win a game under him?  That doesn't seem right, but I've looked at a few games I thought it might have happen 4OT Auburn, 4 and 25 game, and I think your numbers might be right.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hogwild on August 05, 2017, 02:16:04 pm
So we have never come from behind at half to win a game under him?  That doesn't seem right, but I've looked at a few games I thought it might have happen 4OT Auburn, 4 and 25 game, and I think your numbers might be right.

I just re-checked these numbers this morning.
Go Hogs Go!

870hogfan

Al Boarland

Quote from: Surfing8 on August 05, 2017, 12:09:44 pm
Losing to Bama 14-13 a few years ago is a loss. 

Losing to Auburn 56-3 is more than just a loss. 

Combine Auburn with the craptacular displays against VA Tech and Missouri, and 'fluke' is not what comes to mind.
Bama losing 14-13 a few years ago was a fluke. We should have lost by much more, but for whatever reason teams take us lightly from time to time. Not complaining because we need it.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on August 04, 2017, 09:55:31 pm
And Auburn returns the most experienced OL in the SEC. They will be able to handle Clemson's DL for the most part. Plus last year Auburn didnt have a passing threat at QB, and now they do, so Clemson wont be able to stack the box like they could last year.

Also FSU hasnt recruited better than Bama last time I checked, and Bama actually has an experienced QB now that wont have the deer in headlights look he had last year. It will be close until the 4th when Bama pulls away because of depth.

Ill take Auburn and Alabama for $500, Alex.

I just don't see Auburn's OL being able to handle Clemson's DL.  Both of Clemson's probable starting Defensive Tackles (Christian Wilkins and Dexter Lawrence) are probable future NFL 1st Round draft picks.  Both were a 5 Star when they came out of High School.  Lawrence is 6'5" 340 lbs.

Their probable starting Defensive Ends (Austin Bryant and Clelin Ferrell) are at least a Top 3 DE combo in the nation.  Auburn didn't have to face Austin Bryant last season (he was injured and missed some games early in the season last season).

Also, how is Auburn's Secondary going to contain the following Clemson Wide Receiver group?

Deon Cain   5 Star   The #3 ranked WR in the nation when he came out of High School.
Tee Higgins   5 Star   6'4"   The #2 ranked WR in the nation coming out of High School.
Hunter Renfrow   Alabama had trouble defending Renfrow in both NC games.
Ray-Ray McCloud   4 Star   The #7 ranked Athlete in the nation when he came out of High School.
Diondre Overton   4 Star   6'5"
Trevion Thompson   4 Star
Cornell Powell   4 Star
Amari Rodgers   4 Star

Regarding Florida State/Alabama, Francois is a better passer than Hurts.  If Hurts hasn't improved his down field passing, then Florida State's NFL talent Secondary will have the freedom to lock-down Alabama's short-range/intermediate passing routes. 

LJHOG

Quote from: Poker_hog on August 04, 2017, 11:14:33 am
We've heard this before.  Now it's a 6 year process. 
More like a 30 year process at Arkansas.  Anyone who believes we will be a contender in the SEC on a regular basis is living in a fantasy world.  The best it will ever be is being like Baylor of the old SWC.  Have a couple of pretty good recruiting classes in a row and red shirt the heck out of them so we can load up every 5 or 6 years a try to make a run at it.

daprospecta

Quote from: Al Boarland on August 05, 2017, 03:22:06 pm
Bama losing 14-13 a few years ago was a fluke. We should have lost by much more, but for whatever reason teams take us lightly from time to time. Not complaining because we need it.
That team had 10 guys who will be on NFL rosters this year and another 3-4 who could make it outside of those 10. It was no fluke.  We as a team are not used to finishing big games. Alabama is.  CBB is a solid coach but I don't think he'll ever be better than above average here.  I will never call a coach good if he has players quit on him not once but several times in an entire season.  We are missing a tenacious leader on our defense as well. Martrell was certainly one. When I was there, BUTU was that type of guy. The type of guy who lead by example and made others want to play better. Went on a tangent there but anyway, maybe he has gotten that cleaned up.  If he hasn't by year 5, he won't ever at the UofA.