Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First coach fired betting odds- 2017 edition

Started by Hogwild, August 04, 2017, 10:54:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jst01 on August 04, 2017, 04:38:01 pm
yep. And we are at that "then" point in time.

I'm aware and I don't disagree with you on that.
Go Hogs Go!

Al Boarland

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 04, 2017, 04:18:59 pm
Aw yes take unknowns and extrapolate that for the future. I wouldn't expect anything less of you.

I don't foresee us taking a leap in recruiting, so I feel safe in my assumption.

Al Boarland

Quote from: jst01 on August 04, 2017, 04:32:12 pm
its kinda implied..like when a salesman gets hired, his employment contract may not specify the number of sales he must get per year, but everyone knows its his job to make sales consistently and most likely get better at making sales the longer he is there.
Sure, but you don't hire a salesman with the expectation he hit unrealistic numbers.

Birminghog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on August 04, 2017, 11:39:18 am
More like a FASCAM. Plenty of people will step on the mines.

There you go making me look up stuff again.

GuvHog

Quote from: Al Boarland on August 04, 2017, 04:55:30 pm
Sure, but you don’t hire a salesman with the expectation he hit unrealistic numbers.

8 wins in regular season play isn't unrealistic.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

GoHogs1091

Probably the only unfireable Head Coaches in the FBS at the moment in the nation.

Nick Saban
Dabo Swinney
Urban Meyer
Jimbo Fisher
Jim Harbaugh
Bill Snyder
Kirk Ferentz

The rest of the Head Coaches in the FBS are just on dwindling/borrowed job security time.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Al Boarland on August 04, 2017, 04:55:30 pm
Sure, but you don't hire a salesman with the expectation he hit unrealistic numbers.

Who told you that? Not even true.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on August 04, 2017, 06:01:15 pm
Probably the only unfireable Head Coaches in the FBS at the moment in the nation.

Nick Saban
Dabo Swinney
Urban Meyer
Jimbo Fisher
Jim Harbaugh
Bill Snyder
Kirk Ferentz

The rest of the Head Coaches in the FBS are just on dwindling/borrowed job security time.

You missed at least one...Bielema.
Go Hogs Go!

Poker_hog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 04, 2017, 06:29:55 pm

Nah.  5-7 and he's fired unless there is just unreal injuries.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Poker_hog on August 04, 2017, 06:36:02 pm

I think winning less than 6 might put him jeopardy, but regardless, he won't be cut loose this season or after this season. Maybe another year down the road or more, but not anytime soon. So I'll stick with my statement.
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

Wrong, he isn't going anywhere this year.

Poker_hog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 04, 2017, 06:37:56 pm
I think winning less than 6 might put him jeopardy, but regardless, he won't be cut loose this season or after this season. Maybe another year down the road or more, but not anytime soon. So I'll stick with my statement.

10-3. Everyone is happy, Bert gets an extension
9-4.  Everyone is happy
8-5.  Most people are meh, give him more time
7-6.  Most are unhappy, but he gets another year
6-7.  Small chance he gets fired.  Probably survives but seat is very hot
5 or less.  Buyout be darned he gets fired.

Poker_hog

ricepig

Poker_hog

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

daprospecta

Quote from: ricepig on August 04, 2017, 06:44:50 pm
Wrong, he isn't going anywhere this year.
Clarify this year.  As in not fired during the year?  I don't think that will happen but 6 wins or less certainly opens the conversation if he will be the coach in 2018-2019.

Poker_hog

Quote from: ricepig on August 04, 2017, 07:02:21 pm
Name your poison, the bet is, he is fired if he goes 5-7 this year

5 or less you name the bet

ricepig

Quote from: daprospecta on August 04, 2017, 07:04:06 pm
Clarify this year.  As in not fired during the year?  I don't think that will happen but 6 wins or less certainly opens the conversation if he will be the coach in 2018-2019.

If he goes 5-7, he will still be the head coach in 2018. Now, he may move on his own, but he will coach two more seasons, otherwise.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 04, 2017, 06:29:55 pm

Bielema is just on dwindling/borrowed job security time.

A 10 wins and 22 losses conference record after 4 seasons ensures that a Head Coach is on borrowed job security.

ricepig

Poker_hog

Quote from: ricepig on August 04, 2017, 07:06:45 pm
If he goes 5-7, he will still be the head coach in 2018. Now, he may move on his own, but he will coach two more seasons, otherwise.

$500 is fine.

5 wins or less and he is not the coach this time next year is the bet.  If he does a hooty and goes to ole miss you still lose.

ricepig

Quote from: Poker_hog on August 04, 2017, 07:11:46 pm
$500 is fine.

5 wins or less and he is not the coach this time next year is the bet.  If he does a hooty and goes to ole miss you still lose.

No, he has to be fired and paid his buyout, that's the bet.

Poker_hog

Quote from: ricepig on August 04, 2017, 07:13:05 pm
No, he has to be fired and paid his buyout, that's the bet.

I don't agree to that.  He could be asked to leave and land on his feet elsewhere.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: widespreadsooie on August 04, 2017, 11:58:41 am
Give me Graham and Malzahn. Malzahn could be canned with 8 wins given Auburn's expectations.

Dont bet on Malzahn. Theyll be playing Bama for the SECw title in the Iron Bowl and both teams will be undefeated going into the game.

hogcard1964

Quote from: ricepig on August 04, 2017, 07:02:21 pm
Name your poison, the bet is, he is fired if he goes 5-7 this year

Yes he would, but you want to rephrase that.  "If he goes 5-7 this season, he'll be fired after January 1, 2018".

ricepig

Quote from: Poker_hog on August 04, 2017, 07:17:09 pm
I don't agree to that.  He could be asked to leave and land on his feet elsewhere.

You said....

Crawfishing?

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: Poker_hog on August 04, 2017, 07:17:09 pm

Good call. Given the relationship between Long and CBB, its likely he resigns or moves to another job rather than getting publicly "fired" even if he was fired behind closed doors.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on August 04, 2017, 07:17:48 pm
Dont bet on Malzahn. Theyll be playing Bama for the SECw title in the Iron Bowl and both teams will be undefeated going into the game.

So, Auburn is going to win at Clemson in week 2?  Auburn better go ahead and right now come to the realization that they will not be able to run the ball effectively against Clemson.

Florida State will not be an easy game for Alabama.  Sure, it is a winnable game for Alabama, but Florida State has a lot of NFL talent on their roster.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: ricepig on August 04, 2017, 07:22:22 pm
You said....

Crawfishing?

"Fired" publicly and fired behind closed doors are two different things with the same result.

Like I said, given Long and CBBs relationship I dont think he would publicly fire CBB, unless we went winless which isnt going to happen. Most likely CBB would be asked to leave and he would either resign or take a job elsewhere

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on August 04, 2017, 07:17:48 pm

I'll give you the same advice, don't bet on Malzahn. They'll be good, but they won't be playing Alabama for the SEC West in the Iron Bowl.
Go Hogs Go!

Poker_hog

You said....

Crawfishing?

I believe you said he not going anywhere this year.  Meaning fired or otherwise.

ricepig

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on August 04, 2017, 07:27:45 pm
"Fired" publicly and fired behind closed doors are two different things with the same result.

Like I said, given Long and CBBs relationship I dont think he would publicly fire CBB, unless we went winless which isnt going to happen. Most likely CBB would be asked to leave and he would either resign or take a job elsewhere

Lol....

hogcard1964

Quote from: ricepig on August 04, 2017, 04:28:43 pm
Please show me in the contract where it specifies wins, or number of wins, that would be a fact.

You're not this gullible.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on August 04, 2017, 07:24:12 pm
So, Auburn is going to win at Clemson in week 2?  Auburn better go ahead and right now come to the realization that they will not be able to run the ball effectively against Clemson.

Florida State will not be an easy game for Alabama.  Sure, it is a winnable game for Alabama, but Florida State has a lot of NFL talent on their roster.

Yeah the Barn will beat Clemson. Dabo will have to completely redesign the offense with DeShaun Watson gone. It was a very close game last year and Auburn didnt have a real QB, while Clemson did. This year, its reversed. Auburn should win pretty easily imo.

Bama wont have trouble with FSU either.

ricepig

Poker_hog

You said....

Crawfishing?

I also said that he could survive 5 wins if there are massive injuries.  Since that hard to qualify I'm willing to give that stipulation up

ricepig

Quote from: Poker_hog on August 04, 2017, 07:29:19 pm
I believe you said he not going anywhere this year.  Meaning fired or otherwise.

In response to this.....

Nah.  5-7 and he's fired

HamSammich

Regardless.... or should I type irregardless of what anyone thinks here CBB isn't going to fired next year even if he wins zero games. That Buyout cripples what Jeff Long is trying to do.

Let that sink in guys. He has two years more.

And personally I believe he will get an extension this year for three more years with a huge buyout as well.

Just embrace the suck soldiers, and enjoy the hogs.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: Wildhog on August 04, 2017, 10:57:57 am
No chance Bielema gets fired this year.  Outsiders haven't picked up on how low the expectations have dropped in Fayetteville, yet.
If anything expectations are higher than ever. I now expect a 3.0 GPA from each player. As far as the Hogs collapsing in the second half of games, has it occurred to anyone that some of these games are played late and sometimes players have online assignments due by midnight? To those of you don't embrace these higher expectations and only care about less important things like winning, fine. More room for me at the graduation ceremonies! 

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 04, 2017, 07:28:51 pm
I'll give you the same advice, don't bet on Malzahn. They'll be good, but they won't be playing Alabama for the SEC West in the Iron Bowl.

The ONLY thing that may derail Malzahn this year is that he doesnt have a true running QB. Stidham is a pocket passer, but a very good one. Malzahn will have to design an offense around a pocket passer (which he did with Mustain). If he doesnt, they could have problems. But if he does, theyll be competing for the SECw

QB--Questionable with a high ceiling. Has D1 game experience
RB/WR--Return a lot, will be loaded
OL -- Should be roughly the same as last year which was pretty good
Defense-- Return a lot, will be loaded
ST/K -- Unsure of the kicking game, returns will be good.

hogcard1964

Quote from: ricepig on August 04, 2017, 07:33:34 pm
Just asking for the "fact".

You want me to explain wins and losses.

Wins=good
Losses=bad

So far, we've had more bad.

Not sure I could dummy it down too much more.

ricepig

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 04, 2017, 07:45:07 pm
You want me to explain wins and losses.

Wins=good
Losses=bad

So far, we've had more bad.

Not sure I could dummy it down too much more.

Nice attempt to change to subject, try it in the politics forum. And I'm sure you understand dumb well.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: Poppa Tart on August 04, 2017, 11:06:06 am
Or could it be that maybe, just maybe, many of us have decided to give the man some time to build the program the right way... ? Nah, you're right. It's just lowered expectations.  ::)

It is worse than lowered expectations, it is lowered commitment to winning
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Poker_hog

Quote from: ricepig on August 04, 2017, 07:35:32 pm
In response to this.....

You knew what I meant.  If he wins 5 or less and leaves it's because he was asked to or forced to leave.  He could very well save face by going to a mid or lower tiered big 10 school. 

Anyway I don't think we're heading to a 5 win season.  I actually think it's more likely that we go 10-3 than 5-7. 

ZERO

There's no way Bret should be higher than Malzahn on that list. They have almost identical records except for their first years, and the expectations are way higher at Auburn.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

ricepig

Quote from: Poker_hog on August 04, 2017, 07:55:29 pm
You knew what I meant.  If he wins 5 or less and leaves it's because he was asked to or forced to leave.  He could very well save face by going to a mid or lower tiered big 10 school. 

Anyway I don't think we're heading to a 5 win season.  I actually think it's more likely that we go 10-3 than 5-7. 

Actually, I didn't, I took it on face value.

EulessHog

A repeat of last year's second half meltdowns and his A is gone.
Go Hogs Go!

GoHogs1091

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on August 04, 2017, 07:31:10 pm
Yeah the Barn will beat Clemson. Dabo will have to completely redesign the offense with DeShaun Watson gone. It was a very close game last year and Auburn didnt have a real QB, while Clemson did. This year, its reversed. Auburn should win pretty easily imo.

Bama wont have trouble with FSU either.

There won't be a lot of a drop-off for Clemson's Offense without Watson.  Kelly Bryant (another talented dual-threat QB) is no slouch.  Plus, Bryant will have an elite group of Wide Receivers he will be throwing to.  Highly doubtful any opposing Secondary in the nation (including Alabama's Secondary) will be able to contain Clemson's elite group of Wide Receivers.

Auburn rushed the ball for 87 total rushing yards against Clemson last season (41 rushing attempts for Auburn for a 2.1 yard per carry average).  Clemson's Defensive Line should be even better this season than last season.  The 2017 Clemson DL may be the best DL Malzahn has ever faced.

The only advantage that Alabama may have on Florida State is Alabama's DL against the Florida State OL.  Fisher's playcalling though will get Francois out of the pocket to get him some extra time.

Florida State recruits very well.  Alabama is not going to have the overwhelming talent advantage against Florida State that Alabama is used to having against opponents.