Previous topic - Next topic

Hogwild

Not which coaches will be fired, but which coach will be fired first=

1) Jim Mora (9-1)
2t) Todd Graham  (15-1)
2t) Rich Rodriguez (15-1)
4) Brett Bielema   (16/1)
5) Gus Malzahn    (17/1)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2017/08/04/who-first-college-football-coach-fired/538715001/

Wildhog

No chance Bielema gets fired this year.  Outsiders haven't picked up on how low the expectations have dropped in Fayetteville, yet.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Wildhog on August 04, 2017, 10:57:57 am
No chance Bielema gets fired this year.  Outsiders haven't picked up on how low the expectations have dropped in Fayetteville, yet.
It has nothing to do with "expectations".  It has to do with sticking to the plan.  This year and next will show if CBB's plan will work or not.  Jeff and the PTB know that.

Just because you are short sighted doesn't mean "expectations" have been lowered.  The folks in power simply believe the best way to reach those expectations is through stability and development.
All Gas, No Brakes!

HogMantheIntruder

Or could it be that maybe, just maybe, many of us have decided to give the man some time to build the program the right way... ? Nah, you're right. It's just lowered expectations.  ::)
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

jst01

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 04, 2017, 11:03:23 am
It has nothing to do with "expectations".  It has to do with sticking to the plan.  This year and next will show if CBB's plan will work or not.  Jeff and the PTB know that.

Just because you are short sighted doesn't mean "expectations" have been lowered.  The folks in power simply believe the best way to reach those expectations is through stability and development.

Fair statement.  In your opinion, if Hogs go 8-4 this year and go 6-6 next year b/c of new QB and some loss of key personnel, what do the folks in power do at the end of 2018?

Deep Shoat

Quote from: jst01 on August 04, 2017, 11:06:38 am
Fair statement.  In your opinion, if Hogs go 8-4 this year and go 6-6 next year b/c of new QB and some loss of key personnel, what do the folks in power do at the end of 2018?
The Hogs have to win 16 games over the next 2 seasons for CBB to retain his job.  That isn't my opinion, but fact.  I'm sure there are mitigating circumstances that could alter that number by a game or two, but I don't know what that would look like.
All Gas, No Brakes!

MissippHog

If that were to be the case, I'd have to say it would be time to cut our ties and move on.  Only exception would be a tremendous number of injuries. 

MS_HogFan

I have been a CBB fan the whole time but if he goes 8-4 then 6-6 he needs to go. JMO
SOOIE

Deep Shoat

Quote from: MissippHog on August 04, 2017, 11:11:28 am
If that were to be the case, I'd have to say it would be time to cut our ties and move on.  Only exception would be a tremendous number of injuries.
The truth is, if CBB's plan works, it means we are able to absorb normal losses through graduation.  We shouldn't have 6 win seasons because a QB and a couple of other players finish school.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Deep Shoat

Quote from: MS_HogFan on August 04, 2017, 11:12:41 am
I have been a CBB fan the whole time but if he goes 8-4 then 6-6 he needs to go. JMO
I don't believe for a second Jeff Long and his bosses disagree with you.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Poker_hog

We've heard this before.  Now it's a 6 year process. 
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Poker_hog on August 04, 2017, 11:14:33 am
We've heard this before.  Now it's a 6 year process. 

Process or not it is a matter of when his contract expires.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hogwild on August 04, 2017, 10:54:18 am

1) Jim Mora (9-1)
2t) Todd Graham  (15-1)
5) Gus Malzahn    (17/1)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2017/08/04/who-first-college-football-coach-fired/538715001/

Sumlin is a far more likely candidate than Bielema. Bielema is about the least likely to get canned this year.
Go Hogs Go!

Großer Kriegschwein

Unless we lose to Coastal Carolina (I actually have a year of college from there and really loved the school), he isn't going anywhere.

9-3 is the ceiling for this year. 6-6 is the floor. Too many factors in figuring out which way it will go.
This is my non-signature signature.

ricepig

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 04, 2017, 11:32:09 am
Process or not it is a matter of when his contract expires.

The contract expires in 2020, the original contract of 6 years expired in 2018.

gchamblee

Tossing grenades early today lol

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ricepig on August 04, 2017, 11:34:56 am

Exactly the point, you just made it in spades.
Go Hogs Go!

EulessHog

Ten years... at least.

I would jot down some crappy stats to support my crappy argument, but I've drank too much Dr Tichenor's Leg Tonic again... that coffin is lookin better and better!
Go Hogs Go!

gchamblee

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 04, 2017, 11:10:43 am
The Hogs have to win 16 games over the next 2 seasons for CBB to retain his job.  That isn't my opinion, but fact.  I'm sure there are mitigating circumstances that could alter that number by a game or two, but I don't know what that would look like.

How can you claim this is a fact? Who has confirmed this to you?

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: gchamblee on August 04, 2017, 11:35:43 am
Tossing grenades early today lol

More like a FASCAM. Plenty of people will step on the mines.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

EulessHog

I will say that if CBB continues to have the second half woes, he is as good as gone.
Go Hogs Go!

GuvHog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on August 04, 2017, 11:34:29 am
Unless we lose to Coastal Carolina (I actually have a year of college from there and really loved the school), he isn't going anywhere.

9-3 is the ceiling for this year. 6-6 is the floor. Too many factors in figuring out which way it will go.

8-4 should be the floor. Winning only 6 games in regular season play would be unacceptable.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: gchamblee on August 04, 2017, 11:37:46 am
How can you claim this is a fact? Who has confirmed this to you?

A very good question. One which I would like to see an answer to.

Wildhog

Quote from: GuvHog on August 04, 2017, 11:43:23 am
A very good question. One which I would like to see an answer to.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to what Rice said, who supposedly got that info from a big donor.  I'm inclined to believe it.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: GuvHog on August 04, 2017, 11:41:02 am
8-4 should be the floor. Winning only 6 games in regular season play would be unacceptable.

I haven't gotten that memo.

Wonder if the BoT have?

gchamblee

Quote from: Wildhog on August 04, 2017, 11:44:41 am
I'm pretty sure he's referring to what Rice said, who supposedly got that info from a big donor.  I'm inclined to believe it.

In my opinion, rice is a very knowledgable poster and if he says something I tend to believe it. However, if rice is his source it is still hearsay, and claiming it as fact is hyperbole. It makes his post look lol.

GuvHog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on August 04, 2017, 11:45:28 am
I haven't gotten that memo.

Wonder if the BoT have?

After 4 years of finishing 7-4 at best in regular season play, they should have it laminated and framed on their desks.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Wildhog on August 04, 2017, 11:44:41 am
Rice has his info, I have mine.

They happen to agree.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Deep Shoat

Quote from: gchamblee on August 04, 2017, 11:47:38 am
In my opinion, rice is a very knowledgable poster and if he says something I tend to believe it. However, if rice is his source it is still hearsay, and claiming it as fact is hyperbole. It makes his post look lol.
I guess anything posted on a message board is hearsay, unless it includes a public quote from Jeff Long or above.  But it's fact, nevertheless. 

I've never understood why folks have to crap on info they don't have.
All Gas, No Brakes!

GuvHog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 04, 2017, 11:50:19 am
Rice has his info, I have mine.

They happen to agree.

Well how about you post a link to yours since you called it fact.

Wildhog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 04, 2017, 11:51:59 am
I guess anything posted on a message board is hearsay, unless it includes a public quote from Jeff Long or above.  But it's fact, nevertheless. 

We aren't crapping on anything.  In fact, we've both said we believe it.  Don't be so sensitive.
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRyan

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 04, 2017, 11:36:17 am
Exactly the point, you just made it in spades.

Coaches get fired all of the time before the initial contract is up.  In fact, the buyout on the initial contract looks like a 4-5 year plan.  The buyout in years 5 and 6 was very manageable. 

HamSammich

Quote from: Hogwild on August 04, 2017, 10:54:18 am

1) Jim Mora (9-1)
2t) Todd Graham  (15-1)
5) Gus Malzahn    (17/1)

Would you give me 12/1 for the field?

Hogwild

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 04, 2017, 11:34:22 am
Sumlin is a far more likely candidate than Bielema. Bielema is about the least likely to get canned this year.

True, but that isn't what the wager is, it is who is the mostly likely coach to get fired first.

Sumlin first 4 games are against 2 schools with coaches ranked higher on the list then him, and two minor LA schools.  He will be favored to go 4-0, then when he plays the teams he is likely to lose to Bama, Florida, Auburn, and LSU. That has been the trend with Sumlin, start out 5-0 and end 8-5.  BTW Sumlin is 6th on the list.

widespreadsooie

Give me Graham and Malzahn. Malzahn could be canned with 8 wins given Auburn's expectations.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: PorkRyan on August 04, 2017, 11:54:04 am
Coaches get fired all of the time before the initial contract is up.  In fact, the buyout on the initial contract looks like a 4-5 year plan.  The buyout in years 5 and 6 was very manageable. 

Just saying, he would have to win 6 or less this year to even be considered for this list. I'd say it is Sumlin's seat that is the hottest in the SEC right now with Malzahn behind him. How close behind I don't know, but both of them are probably far more likely to be gone before Bielema leaves.
Go Hogs Go!

GuvHog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 04, 2017, 11:51:59 am

I'll tell you why. I've been called out numerous times for posting something as fact without backing it up and rightfully so. I'm not the only one that's been called out for it either so when you post something on here as fact and then refuse to back it up, expect to get called out for it.

Inhogswetrust

It's comforting to know you can speak for what Jeff and the PTB's know. No wait a minute you can't.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

August 04, 2017, 12:05:21 pm #39 Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 12:15:23 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 04, 2017, 11:10:43 am

Unless you are Jeff and I'd bet you aren't, then you don't know ANY facts about any perceived record that is required for BB to keep his job. Besides even AFTER stating something as a FACT you blow any resemblance of a "fact" by the next sentence of any possible altering. And IF the information you claim does indeed come from a big donor I know that Jeff has PO'd some big donors in the past. Donors are no longer in charge. They have influence of course but not to the level of deciding what coaches stay or go. Besides that some people think big donors always agree and they are just like other fans and disagree a lot.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on August 04, 2017, 12:01:37 pm
I'll tell you why. I've been called out numerous times for posting something as fact without backing it up and rightfully so. I'm not the only one that's been called out for it either so when you post something on here as fact and then refuse to back it up, expect to get called out for it.

Good post Guv, maybe your starting to see the real world...........................

Hogwild

Quote from: widespreadsooie on August 04, 2017, 11:58:41 am
Give me Graham and Malzahn. Malzahn could be canned with 8 wins given Auburn's expectations.

But Gus wouldn't be fired until after the Iron Bowl, which means you would lose the bet.  A coach will be fired prior to Halloween.

Inhogswetrust

I'd bet nothing because IF he wins 8 this season he will possibly and I'd dare say probably get an extension and revised contract.

GoHogzzGo

Clearly they've never listened to Jeff Long talk about CBB. He would have to have a horrible horrible season, or a mistress. Dude will last another 2 years of 6-7 win seasons minimum, hopefully that doesn't happen.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on August 04, 2017, 11:34:56 am

And I'd say that unless there is a complete meltdown any winning season this year will get him some sort of extension. It might be short and small or if a really good season a long (pardon the pun) and big one.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 04, 2017, 12:05:21 pm
Unless you are Jeff and I'd bet you aren't, then you don't know ANY facts about any perceived record that is required for BB too keep his job. Besides even AFTGER stating something as a fact you blow any resemblance of a "fact" by the next sentence of any possible altering. And IF the information you claim does indeed come from a big donor I know that Jeff has PO'd some big donors in the past. Donors are no longer in charge. They have influence of course but not to the level of deciding what coaches stay or go. some people think big donors always agree  and they are just like other fans and disagree a lot.
I don't know any big donors.  But I've been told the same thing as rice, who does know a big donor, by a well connected former player.

This is why this board isn't what it used to be.  Anyone who tries to tell you something they've been told gets treated like a fricking criminal.

Once upon a time, Frank couldn't fart without someone on Hogville posting about it two minutes later.  Now?  We just keep arguing about opinions to no end.

I'll say it again, and try my damndest to live up to it.  I have no intention of ever sharing another thing on this board.
All Gas, No Brakes!

twistitup

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on August 04, 2017, 12:17:42 pm
Clearly they've never listened to Jeff Long talk about CBB. He would have to have a horrible horrible season, or a mistress. Dude will last another 2 years of 6-7 win seasons minimum, hopefully that doesn't happen.

Probably 2 more at least, I agree. JLong is trying to show some stability after what happened with HarleyBob & Smiles .....job was scary for most coaches. CBB will at least bring some stability before moving on to Iowa
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

hobhog

Sumlin's boss has already fired the warning shot. A slow start and he could get canned in October. UGA fans are delusional- if Smart loses to Vandy again they could melt down and can him. Where is Butch Jones on the list? What about Notre Dame flaming out again? Pretty Boy Kingsbury has one foot out the door. I can see any of those being fired well before coach B unless complete meltdown. He shouldn't even be in top 20.

hobhog

Quote from: twistitup on August 04, 2017, 12:20:08 pm
Probably 2 more at least, I agree. JLong is trying to show some stability after what happened with HarleyBob & Smiles .....job was scary for most coaches. CBB will at least bring some stability before moving on to Iowa

Or break out and start a good roll. Jury still out on this program- could go either way.

Inhogswetrust

August 04, 2017, 12:25:21 pm #49 Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 12:39:19 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 04, 2017, 12:18:35 pm
I don't know any big donors.  But I've been told the same thing as rice, who does know a big donor, by a well connected former player.

This is why this board isn't what it used to be.  Anyone who tries to tell you something they've been told gets treated like a fricking criminal.

Once upon a time, Frank couldn't fart without someone on Hogville posting about it two minutes later.  Now?  We just keep arguing about opinions to no end.

I'll say it again, and try my damndest to live up to it.  I have no intention of ever sharing another thing on this board.

IF you don't want to be perceived you are treated like a criminal on here I'd say don't come on here stating something as a FACT when you don't know if it is or isn't. A message board is for the purpose of debating and sometimes arguing opinions. The problem is when someone states an opinion as a FACT without any substantiation of it. I know a couple of big donors, media people and several former players and have not heard any of them say anything about any record that must be achieved. I do believe Rice has some connections as do others on here though. I also think it is not out of the realm of possibility that indeed there might be some "magic" number of wins needed. But to state as fact is going to far.