Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First coach fired betting odds- 2017 edition

Started by Hogwild, August 04, 2017, 10:54:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

daprospecta

Quote from: LJHOG on August 05, 2017, 04:05:36 pm
More like a 30 year process at Arkansas.  Anyone who believes we will be a contender in the SEC on a regular basis is living in a fantasy world.  The best it will ever be is being like Baylor of the old SWC.  Have a couple of pretty good recruiting classes in a row and red shirt the heck out of them so we can load up every 5 or 6 years a try to make a run at it.
What's funny is I'd be fine with that.  I don't think it would be every 5-6, more like 3-4 but I'd take a solid team with a special season sprinkled in every few years.  We are lacking on the "special season" going into year 5.

Wildhog

Quote from: daprospecta on August 05, 2017, 04:21:02 pm
That team had 10 guys who will be on NFL rosters this year and another 3-4 who could make it outside of those 10. It was no fluke.  We as a team are not used to finishing big games. Alabama is.  CBB is a solid coach but I don't think he'll ever be better than above average here.  I will never call a coach good if he has players quit on him not once but several times in an entire season.  We are missing a tenacious leader on our defense as well. Martrell was certainly one. When I was there, BUTU was that type of guy. The type of guy who lead by example and made others want to play better. Went on a tangent there but anyway, maybe he has gotten that cleaned up.  If he hasn't by year 5, he won't ever at the UofA.

Think of all the NFL talent on that 2014 team.  And CBB was only able to manage 6-6.  He's underachieved every year he's been here.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on August 04, 2017, 09:55:31 pm
And Auburn returns the most experienced OL in the SEC. They will be able to handle Clemson's DL for the most part. Plus last year Auburn didnt have a passing threat at QB, and now they do, so Clemson wont be able to stack the box like they could last year.

Also FSU hasnt recruited better than Bama last time I checked, and Bama actually has an experienced QB now that wont have the deer in headlights look he had last year. It will be close until the 4th when Bama pulls away because of depth.

Ill take Auburn and Alabama for $500, Alex.

Heck Ole Miss has more returning starts and experience than Auburn so Auburn doesn't even have the most experienced OL in the SEC West, let alone the entire SEC.

Stidham has started 2-1/2 games at Baylor and was hurt in two of those. He is coming off such a badly broken ankle that he had to not only miss the rest of the season after Okla State when he was at Baylor, but another entire year without seeing any game action. It's true he is a passer, but he isn't a runner and supposedly Auburn's OC loves those RPO's. How do you get the most out of an RPO when your QB can't run?

So I'd be careful about what I have to say about Auburn until we get to see them against Clemson, though trust me, I get tired of the irrational Clemson love from one particular poster on this site.
Go Hogs Go!

hogcard1964

GuvHog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on August 05, 2017, 03:22:54 pm
I just don't see Auburn's OL being able to handle Clemson's DL.  Both of Clemson's probable starting Defensive Tackles (Christian Wilkins and Dexter Lawrence) are probable future NFL 1st Round draft picks.  Both were a 5 Star when they came out of High School.  Lawrence is 6'5" 340 lbs.

Their probable starting Defensive Ends (Austin Bryant and Clelin Ferrell) are at least a Top 3 DE combo in the nation.  Auburn didn't have to face Austin Bryant last season (he was injured and missed some games early in the season last season).

Also, how is Auburn's Secondary going to contain the following Clemson Wide Receiver group?

Deon Cain   5 Star   The #3 ranked WR in the nation when he came out of High School.
Tee Higgins   5 Star   6'4"   The #2 ranked WR in the nation coming out of High School.
Hunter Renfrow   Alabama had trouble defending Renfrow in both NC games.
Ray-Ray McCloud   4 Star   The #7 ranked Athlete in the nation when he came out of High School.
Diondre Overton   4 Star   6'5"
Trevion Thompson   4 Star
Cornell Powell   4 Star
Amari Rodgers   4 Star

Regarding Florida State/Alabama, Francois is a better passer than Hurts.  If Hurts hasn't improved his down field passing, then Florida State's NFL talent Secondary will have the freedom to lock-down Alabama's short-range/intermediate passing routes. 

How many returning starters does Clemson have on both sides of the ball??
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: GuvHog on August 05, 2017, 04:52:51 pm
How many returning starters does Clemson have on both sides of the ball??

5 on offense, 7 on defense. That isn't everyone who played and returns, but starters only.
Go Hogs Go!

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on August 05, 2017, 03:22:54 pm

Also, how is Auburn's Secondary going to contain the following Clemson Wide Receiver group?

Deon Cain   5 Star   The #3 ranked WR in the nation when he came out of High School.
Tee Higgins   5 Star   6'4"   The #2 ranked WR in the nation coming out of High School.
Hunter Renfrow   Alabama had trouble defending Renfrow in both NC games.
Ray-Ray McCloud   4 Star   The #7 ranked Athlete in the nation when he came out of High School.
Diondre Overton   4 Star   6'5"
Trevion Thompson   4 Star
Cornell Powell   4 Star
Amari Rodgers   4 Star

But no DeShaun Watson throwing them the ball. I know, I know, they got some other kid now who was probably a 4 of 5 star. But right now hes a nobody and hasnt played bigtime college football.

Besides that, the strength of Auburns defense is on the DL. They will pressure and rush that kid to where he wont have time to throw the ball down field. If he can run and has vision then Auburn may be in trouble.

I just think with what Clemson lost and Auburn brings back (and added on offense) that they will be able to win the game. Guess we will see in 5 weeks.

The Kig

Quote from: Hogwild on August 04, 2017, 11:57:13 am

True, but that isn't what the wager is, it is who is the mostly likely coach to get fired first.

Sumlin first 4 games are against 2 schools with coaches ranked higher on the list then him, and two minor LA schools.  He will be favored to go 4-0, then when he plays the teams he is likely to lose to Bama, Florida, Auburn, and LSU. That has been the trend with Sumlin, start out 5-0 and end 8-5.  BTW Sumlin is 6th on the list.

Although Bielema being on the list can't be a complete surprise (everyone outside the SEC knows/believes that SEC schools are rabid and fire coaches with much better records- see Les Miles), the idea that he would have shorter odds than Sumlin removes any semblance of credibility.   In fact Sumlin should be no worse than 2ND.  I get that it's "first" to be fired and Sumlin's losses tend to come after a quick start...but if the Hogs beat them, that seat will be so hot he may not make it through the season. 

Mora is the top guy on the list (and agreed odds-on favorite) and also plays A&M in their opener on a Sunday night...UCLA stunk last year (4-8) and it still took OT for a better A&M team to win in College Station.  This year the game is in Cali and Mora will be coaching for his job.  My bet is the loser of that game doesn't make it through the season. 
Poker Porker

The Kig

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on August 06, 2017, 12:23:36 am

But no DeShaun Watson throwing them the ball. I know, I know, they got some other kid now who was probably a 4 of 5 star. But right now hes a nobody and hasnt played bigtime college football.

Besides that, the strength of Auburns defense is on the DL. They will pressure and rush that kid to where he wont have time to throw the ball down field. If he can run and has vision then Auburn may be in trouble.

I just think with what Clemson lost and Auburn brings back (and added on offense) that they will be able to win the game. Guess we will see in 5 weeks.

Watson's impact on that offense shows the significance of having a truly exceptional player at QB.  The difference was never more apparent than in the championship where Clemson was able to expose Hurts weakness and Watson didn't have one..despite them being billed as similar style players.  Auburn was arguably one of few the games (along with the NC State game) where Clemson was really in danger of losing.

Clemson has earned their spot as one of the top programs and that has led to them getting a ton of talent.  Both teams will be breaking in new QB's.  I expect this to be an ugly game to watch, but Clemson's defense is better than Auburn's, which will be the difference.
Poker Porker

GuvHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 05, 2017, 04:58:00 pm
5 on offense, 7 on defense. That isn't everyone who played and returns, but starters only.

Exactly. They were hit pretty heavy by graduation so this will be somewhat of a down year for them. They'll still be good but not near as good as they were last year.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: GuvHog on August 06, 2017, 12:44:58 pm
Exactly. They were hit pretty heavy by graduation so this will be somewhat of a down year for them. They'll still be good but not near as good as they were last year.

Fans tend to sometimes overlook the number of returning games of experience that a team has by position. Everyone's favorite stat is "returning starts" and yes, that is important, no doubt about it. But you can't overlook the number of games of experience returning by position because even though you may have an official "starter", their #2 in the rotation may have as much experience as the "official starter" who could merely be listed as such on some occasions by the HC due to seniority. There may not be much if any difference between the #1 and the #2.

Schools track "snaps" per player and by down and distance, which is a far better indicator of who plays and when, than just logging games in which a player "appeared", because that can include special teams.

I'd like to see the schools report more accurately in terms of plays as it relates to participation and see the NCAA track this stat as well. Then you would have a better idea of who actually participated in the scheme, being able to separate out the ST's players.
Go Hogs Go!

Danny J

Quote from: ShadowHawg on August 04, 2017, 12:52:08 pm
I am not a believer in CBB but I hate when this question is asked while a guy is still the coach of my team.

If CBB works himself off a hot seat, it will most likely mean that the Hogs had a good year. As a Hog fan, that's what matters to me.

Putting out coaching wish lists before a firing is like hoping for the Hogs to fail, IMO.
Exactly...people rooting one way or another no matter the record just make no sense to me. I just want to win...I don't care if Houston Nutt, Gus or BP is the coach...

Al Boarland

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 05, 2017, 04:46:34 pm
Heck Ole Miss has more returning starts and experience than Auburn so Auburn doesn't even have the most experienced OL in the SEC West, let alone the entire SEC.

Stidham has started 2-1/2 games at Baylor and was hurt in two of those. He is coming off such a badly broken ankle that he had to not only miss the rest of the season after Okla State when he was at Baylor, but another entire year without seeing any game action. It's true he is a passer, but he isn't a runner and supposedly Auburn's OC loves those RPO's. How do you get the most out of an RPO when your QB can't run?

So I'd be careful about what I have to say about Auburn until we get to see them against Clemson, though trust me, I get tired of the irrational Clemson love from one particular poster on this site.

Where did you read he sat out last season due to injury?

onebadrubi

Quote from: Wildhog on August 05, 2017, 04:23:56 pm
Think of all the NFL talent on that 2014 team.  And CBB was only able to manage 6-6.  He's underachieved every year he's been here.

That was the year I completely gave up on Chaney.  Am I trying to give BIelema an excuse, no, but I think Chaney proved that year he was not able to adapt and do things offensively outside of his "norm". 

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Al Boarland on August 06, 2017, 05:06:45 pm
Where did you read he sat out last season due to injury?

It's called research. You didn't know that? Would he have sat out an entire season if he were capable of playing at any level?
Go Hogs Go!

Al Boarland

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 06, 2017, 06:28:49 pm
It's called research. You didn't know that?

Where's the research?

According to David Smoak on Twitter, Jarrett Stidham, Baylor's highest-rated QB signee ever, has decided to leave the school and enroll at MCC in Waco to retain eligibility. The idea, apparently, is that Stidham can sit out this season as a redshirt year of sorts and then transfer wherever he wants in 2017 with three remaining years of eligibility remaining. It's a tactic often mentioned with high-profile players, particularly those that don't want to sit out two years if they try to transfer in-conference, but only rarely used.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ourdailybears.com/platform/amp/baylor-football-offseason-2016/2016/7/7/12118970/report-qb-jarrett-stidham-leaving-baylor-will-not-play-2016-season

Stidham chose this route after talking over his options with family and compliance staff members at Baylor. The former Bears quarterback chose to leave the university in July 2016.

When he left Baylor, he says his options were limited. Attending a community college in Waco was a chance for him to give himself more time to make a decision on the future.

"I had no idea where I wanted to go," Stidham said. "I was transferring right away and had no idea. I knew I had a few schools in mind, but not one for sure school that I was focused in on."

http://gridironnow.com/auburns-jarrett-stidham-describes-sitting-out-2016-by-doing-lonely-work/

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Al Boarland on August 06, 2017, 06:32:53 pm
Where's the research?

According to David Smoak on Twitter, Jarrett Stidham, Baylor's highest-rated QB signee ever, has decided to leave the school and enroll at MCC in Waco to retain eligibility. The idea, apparently, is that Stidham can sit out this season as a redshirt year of sorts and then transfer wherever he wants in 2017 with three remaining years of eligibility remaining. It's a tactic often mentioned with high-profile players, particularly those that don't want to sit out two years if they try to transfer in-conference, but only rarely used.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ourdailybears.com/platform/amp/baylor-football-offseason-2016/2016/7/7/12118970/report-qb-jarrett-stidham-leaving-baylor-will-not-play-2016-season

The season that he played at Baylor in 2-1/2 starts he sustained a back injury vs. Oklahoma and then a broken ankle vs. Oklahoma State. The following season he enrolled in a JC and didn't play. How do I know? I checked it out. Think he would have laid out at a JC and not played if he were physically capable of doing so?
Go Hogs Go!

Al Boarland

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 06, 2017, 06:37:35 pm
The season that he played at Baylor in 2-1/2 starts he sustained a back injury vs. Oklahoma and then a broken ankle vs. Oklahoma State. The following season he enrolled in a JC and didn't play. How do I know? I checked it out. Think he would have laid out at a JC and not played if he were physically capable of doing so?

According to every article I just googled that would appear to be the case. It seems like you came to your own conclusions for whatever reason on why he didn't play.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hogwild on August 05, 2017, 12:51:27 pm
Doesn't Notre Dame have a policy of not firing coaches during the season?  When I mentioned Kelly's name to a coworker, he said the Irish don't do that.

Just because they might not have done it in the past doesn't mean they won't in the future.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 05, 2017, 08:23:57 am
You apparently never studied facts in school.  They are inherently debatable.  What do you think the entire institution of politics and debate is built on?

And you are a pure fool if you think I'm going to burn the person who told me ANYTHING just to "prove" something on an internet message board to an entitled jackass.

There is NO such thing as a political fact until AFTER it happens. I and nobody else said we were entitled to anything. What we DO think we are entitled to is someone not saying something is a fact when it isn't OR they are not willing to prove it. Even IF you had a copy of a signed agreement between Jeff And CB saying such that only makes the paper signed a fact that they agreed. It doesn't mean in two years that agreement WILL under any and all circumstances be upheld and done. WAY to many variables  to call it a fact even then. If you possessed such a document then you could only factually say that the document is a fact and what it reads as to what would happen is still not a fact until the point in time it happens.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Al Boarland on August 06, 2017, 06:46:08 pm
According to every article I just googled that would appear to be the case. It seems like you came to your own conclusions for whatever reason on why he didn't play.

I stand corrected in my last sentence that you quoted, he needed 16 hours to be eligible and so he chose the JC route and after recovering from the broken ankle, he continued to work out. The rest is accurate. He laid out of competition for a year and attended McClennan TX CC. You are right, I assumed (always a big mistake) that he laid out that year because of the severity of the ankle break. I still don't understand why he didn't transfer to a different JC and play instead of not playing in a single game over that time, but for whatever reason, he chose to not play.
Go Hogs Go!

Jimbob111

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 04, 2017, 11:03:23 am
It has nothing to do with "expectations".  It has to do with sticking to the plan.  This year and next will show if CBB's plan will work or not.  Jeff and the PTB know that.

Just because you are short sighted doesn't mean "expectations" have been lowered.  The folks in power simply believe the best way to reach those expectations is through stability and development.

Five years is not short-sighted in college football, five years in college football is extremely long-sighted in that at the end of 5 years, a plan for world domination should be coming to fruition.

Beliema will win less games this year than he won last year. He has been Houston-Nutted...but unlike Houston, he couldn't even win with someone else's players for a few seasons.

Beliema is a nice guy. Gregarious, says the right things, believes the right things, does the right things...but can't coach. When  I need an accountant, or attorney, or doctor, I care not about nice guys, saying the right things, believing the right things, or doing the right things.

Beliema can't coach. It's easy to see for anyone who has the simplest understanding of sports, coaching, or anything other than being a fat guy with a lotta useless wind who landed a hot wife...put up or shut up. Otherwise, when you guys are paying thousands in taxes, getting sentenced to prison, and dying of cancer, we'll talk.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Jimbob111

Replying to myself to simply ask...where is the flaw in my logic? Also, where are the wins?

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

ricepig

Quote from: Jimbob111 on August 07, 2017, 09:42:16 am
Replying to myself to simply ask...where is the flaw in my logic? Also, where are the wins?

Well, to start off, you can't even spell his name correctly, but I'll overlook that. Considering we are now entering year 5, it's too early to declare it a failure as you have, therefore, the rest of you drivel is worthless.

Jimbob111

Yes, Beliema is misspelled. Did miss that in ALL most posts or just this one? Drivel? Please, tell me the definition and then explain why my post fits that definition? Do you really feel like he can coach? Based on the games he has coached, and that I have watched, even the bad ones, repeatedly on DVR, do you think he can coach? If you say that you do, then everyone reading will know what you think and what drivel is without having to look it up. Ignorance is not your friend. I'd suggest starting with literacy but it's probably too late for that...

Jimbob111

Beliema is a 5 to 6 win coach.  Name the other SEC coaches who are, season after season...
I'll hang up and listen...

Tyro3

Quote from: Jimbob111 on August 07, 2017, 09:57:50 am
Yes, Beliema is misspelled. Did miss that in ALL most posts or just this one? Drivel? Please, tell me the definition and then explain why my post fits that definition? Do you really feel like he can coach? Based on the games he has coached, and that I have watched, even the bad ones, repeatedly on DVR, do you think he can coach? If you say that you do, then everyone reading will know what you think and what drivel is without having to look it up. Ignorance is not your friend. I'd suggest starting with literacy but it's probably too late for that...

Did someone make a mess in your Cheerios?

ricepig

Quote from: Jimbob111 on August 07, 2017, 10:00:11 am
Beliema is a 5 to 6 win coach.  Name the other SEC coaches who are, season after season...
I'll hang up and listen...

He hasn't won less than 7 games outside his first year, while that's not great, it isn't what you said, you listening?

Jimbob111

You are right. I did miscount but that first season was atrocious. I stand by my claim that he is a poor coach. Name a coach, in Arkansas history, that has less wins after 4 full years...I'll hang up and listen.

jgphillips3

We ought to legitimately have a shot at an SEC title every five years.  I am NOT saying we shot win an SEC title every five years, just that we should be good enough to have a real shot at playing for it.  If, in six years time, Bielema can't break a 9 win season, the only way I can see him staying is if we have moved up to top 10 or top 15 in recruiting classes and it appears we are on the cusp.  As Ricepig said, I think 16 wins between the next two years is a very fair and achievable goal for our AD to give CBB.  If you can't make us at least solid mid-tier, to lower upper tier, SEC in 6 years, how are we to believe you ever can?  That's plenty fair.

Jimbob111

Quote from: Tyro3 on August 07, 2017, 10:00:36 am

No, sorry, I got caught with time on my hands...
Quote from: Tyro3 on August 07, 2017, 10:00:36 am

Do you think he's a good coach? That's all I'm saying. He's not. Good guy, buddy, father, cousin, administrator, etc? I don't know. As a coach, I'll pass. Happy, sad, melancholic...is he a good coach? Coaching is about winning games not popularity contests....

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jimbob111 on August 07, 2017, 10:09:13 am
You are right. I did miscount but that first season was atrocious. I stand by my claim that he is a poor coach. Name a coach, in Arkansas history, that has less wins after 4 full years...I'll hang up and listen.

Name a coach that walked in to such a mess in Arkansas history?  Since you are not capable of actually looking at the complete picture here, then you make it difficult to have a grown up conversation about Bielema's tenure here. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jimbob111 on August 07, 2017, 10:13:19 am
No, sorry, I got caught with time on my hands...
Do you think he's a good coach? That's all I'm saying. He's not. Good guy, buddy, father, cousin, administrator, etc? I don't know. As a coach, I'll pass. Happy, sad, melancholic...is he a good coach? Coaching is about winning games not popularity contests....

He's not winning popularity contest.  If he were here to win a popularity contest, he would have offered Byers, Kepts Jo JO, and made sure Korliss's failed drug  test didn't get out of the piss room (ala bama's style). 

Jimbob111

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 07, 2017, 10:20:05 am
Name a coach that walked in to such a mess in Arkansas history?  Since you are not capable of actually looking at the complete picture here, then you make it difficult to have a grown up conversation about Bielema's tenure here. 

Ummm, this guy names James....Franklin, at PSU...Beliema (spelling intentional) hasn't show anyting that Hudspeth, Jones, or others mentioned for the position wouldn't have shown.

He's not the worst coach but is far below the possibilities. Would Skip Holtz have really been that far a step  below?

Jimbob111

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 07, 2017, 10:21:28 am
He's not winning popularity contest.  If he were here to win a popularity contest, he would have offered Byers, Kepts Jo JO, and made sure Korliss's failed drug  test didn't get out of the piss room (ala bama's style). 
[/quote

He's not a good coach. Good coaches win regardless of Korliss, or JOJO, who which ever player self destructs...you want to name players, I'll name 10 that Petrino threw aside. Hell, even Nutt had standards, even if they were based on his own popularity contest.  Freddie Fairchild anyone? My point was that Beilema may be a good man, and I'll admit he talks a good game, but he can't win games. He wins as many as he loses and it's because he is an average coach.  Do you really think Petrino, Nutt, or even Ford would have had the defense that Arkansas had last season? Really? I will admit, I've only followed since 86 or 88 but last season beat anything I'd ever seen, the defense was worse than the 3-9 season. Stats back me up on that...

GuvHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 07, 2017, 10:20:05 am

You really don't want to go there. The answer to that question would cause a discussion which I'd rather not see happen this close to the start of football season. You wouldn't like the answer anyway.

Jimbob111

All right, I give up. So Beilema has won "most" of his games at Arkansas and "most" of his conference games. But what if he didn't. What if he wasn't even 50% in conference games. Would that change your opinion? If he couldn't even win half of his conference games?

Well. look at the numbers. He's not a competent coach. But maybe I'm wrong...I must be....because he's more than half his games at Arkansas...not half his conference games, just half his games...but I guess it does'nt make a difference. Arkansas should be beating SEC teans, not Sunbelt teams and Arkansas should be Toledo and Rutgers...twivr.

Sorry, my only requirement for Bielema's replacement is that he won't be Bert. What I find amazing is that some people can't see a correlation with Nutt...

ricepig

Quote from: Jimbob111 on August 07, 2017, 11:33:17 am
All right, I give up. So Beilema has won "most" of his games at Arkansas and "most" of his conference games. But what if he didn't. What if he wasn't even 50% in conference games. Would that change your opinion? If he couldn't even win half of his conference games?

Well. look at the numbers. He's not a competent coach. But maybe I'm wrong...I must be....because he's more than half his games at Arkansas...not half his conference games, just half his games...but I guess it does'nt make a difference. Arkansas should be beating SEC teans, not Sunbelt teams and Arkansas should be Toledo and Rutgers...twivr.

Sorry, my only requirement for Bielema's replacement is that he won't be Bret. What I find amazing is that some people can't see a correlation with Nutt...

Well Jimbob, he'll either pick up the win total in the next two years, or we'll be looking for a new coach. Not everyone has the same timetable as you, do you stomp your foot when you don't get your way?

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on August 07, 2017, 11:37:35 am
Well Jimbob, he'll either pick up the win total in the next two years, or we'll be looking for a new coach. Not everyone has the same timetable as you, do you stomp your foot when you don't get your way?

My biological clock is tickin'. like. this. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on August 07, 2017, 11:37:35 am

In his 4 years at Arkansas, CBB's Hogs are 12-21 in conference play. I believe the situation up there is more urgent than some of you are being led to believe and the drastic changes CBB made on the defensive side of the ball earlier this year is proof of that. I think CBB, his staff, and players realize that which is why I believe this year, they'll have the best season they've had since CBB's arrival.

Hoggish1

MuskogeeHogFan

Sorry, my only requirement for Bielema's replacement is that he won't be Bret. What I find amazing is that some people can't see a correlation with Nutt...

Rice is right, Bielema's (spelled correctly on purpose) fate is in his own hands. You guys who come on here at this time of year, (when we haven't even played a game yet this season) cast a negative opinion about the upcoming season while most of us are harboring hopes that things get turned around this year. It may happen, it may not, time will tell.

Personally I think that Bielema has to move past the 8 win plateau in both upcoming seasons if he wants to keep his job as the Head Hog. And most of us also realize that Bielema has underachieved because 9-10 wins each season were certainly well within our grasp the last three years. So it isn't like we don't understand where some of you guys are coming from with your opinions.

Making negative remarks about the man from a personal standpoint makes some of you look small and petty. Surely you are better people than to need to engage in that kind of low level posting? I would certainly hope that you were more mature than that.

There really isn't any need to come on here at this time of year and be incessantly negative about the program or the HC or Staff. This should be the time of year that we are all supportive and hopeful for the 2017 season. There will be plenty of time to whine, nag, be critical and complain if and when something bad occurs and I can't blame folks for that. I wasn't a very happy camper after the A&M, Auburn, Missouri or Va Tech games this past year and I stated as much. But to come on here with a bunch of negative crap before the season even starts? Jeez, be patient, you'll have your chance if and when it happens.
Go Hogs Go!

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jimbob111 on August 07, 2017, 11:05:54 am

Ummm, this guy names James....Franklin, at PSU...Beliema (spelling intentional) hasn't show anyting that Hudspeth, Jones, or others mentioned for the position wouldn't have shown.

He's not the worst coach but is far below the possibilities. Would Skip Holtz have really been that far a step  below?

I see reading comprehension is not a strong suit of yours

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jimbob111 on August 07, 2017, 11:13:27 am
Quote from: onebadrubi on August 07, 2017, 10:21:28 am
[/quote

He's not a good coach. Good coaches win regardless of Korliss, or JOJO, who which ever player self destructs...you want to name players, I'll name 10 that Petrino threw aside. Hell, even Nutt had standards, even if they were based on his own popularity contest.  Freddie Fairchild anyone? My point was that Beilema may be a good man, and I'll admit he talks a good game, but he can't win games. He wins as many as he loses and it's because he is an average coach.  Do you really think Petrino, Nutt, or even Ford would have had the defense that Arkansas had last season? Really? I will admit, I've only followed since 86 or 88 but last season beat anything I'd ever seen, the defense was worse than the 3-9 season. Stats back me up on that...

I see reading comprehension failed you again.

You said he was here to win a popularity contest, I named you examples of him losing the popularity contest.  Bielema often makes decisions that don't win him the popularity contest of the fans, but if you understand the big picture you understand his decisions have been the right ones. 

onebadrubi

You are a real big, tool! 

Oh and back to your defense comment, Petrino let Bama, auburn, and others run it down his friggin throat.  Remember that 2010 game vs Auburn?  It came down to who had the ball last because we could not stop them.  Bama and Ingram literally ran it for 7+ yards each play the second half to win the game.  Petrino is not a good exmaple to make your point with defense. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: The ColonelHog on August 07, 2017, 11:44:42 am
Even though you are absolutely right, the folks on this site with a "man crush" on BB will argue GPAs til the end.  The man has proven he is NOT a SEC level good coach.  You ARE what your RECORD says you are.  And I don't want to hear about his time at Whiskey as coach after coach have matched his record since he duped UA. 8 wins this year or BUST!

This line of thinking is telling about the people who say it.  It's extremely short sighted and gets you no where. 

Anyone with half a brain knows that the first few years for ANY coach were an uphil climb.  If that situation is too complicated and big for you to understand, then I really do feel sorry for yourself. 

daprospecta

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 07, 2017, 12:28:50 pm
This line of thinking is telling about the people who say it.  It's extremely short sighted and gets you no where. 

Anyone with half a brain knows that the first few years for ANY coach were an uphil climb.  If that situation is too complicated and big for you to understand, then I really do feel sorry for yourself. 
I would say the first two years are a uphill battle. If the coach is worth his salt/is a good fit, results will start to show in year 3.  I thank CBB for coming in and starting a culture of accountability but that is icing on a cake.  The cake is wins and losses.  I just read an article on ESPN talking about Bob Stoops and how the retirement went down etc.  Stoops was considered a great coach because he won and he won big.  It is time for CBB to win and win big.  This is HIS roster ladies and gentleman.  If it does not work this year.  It won't.  It's nothing personal. 

hogblitz

Quote from: daprospecta on August 07, 2017, 01:07:37 pm
I would say the first two years are a uphill battle. If the coach is worth his salt/is a good fit, results will start to show in year 3.  I thank CBB for coming in and starting a culture of accountability but that is icing on a cake.  The cake is wins and losses.  I just read an article on ESPN talking about Bob Stoops and how the retirement went down etc.  Stoops was considered a great coach because he won and he won big.  It is time for CBB to win and win big.  This is HIS roster ladies and gentleman.  If it does not work this year.  It won't.  It's nothing personal.
Spot on.  Good post!  I could not agree more. 

Redhogs

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 07, 2017, 12:13:09 pm
Rice is right, Bielema's (spelled correctly on purpose) fate is in his own hands. You guys who come on here at this time of year, (when we haven't even played a game yet this season) cast a negative opinion about the upcoming season while most of us are harboring hopes that things get turned around this year. It may happen, it may not, time will tell.

Personally I think that Bielema has to move past the 8 win plateau in both upcoming seasons if he wants to keep his job as the Head Hog. And most of us also realize that Bielema has underachieved because 9-10 wins each season were certainly well within our grasp the last three years. So it isn't like we don't understand where some of you guys are coming from with your opinions.

Making negative remarks about the man from a personal standpoint makes some of you look small and petty. Surely you are better people than to need to engage in that kind of low level posting? I would certainly hope that you were more mature than that.

There really isn't any need to come on here at this time of year and be incessantly negative about the program or the HC or Staff. This should be the time of year that we are all supportive and hopeful for the 2017 season. There will be plenty of time to whine, nag, be critical and complain if and when something bad occurs and I can't blame folks for that. I wasn't a very happy camper after the A&M, Auburn, Missouri or Va Tech games this past year and I stated as much. But to come on here with a bunch of negative crap before the season even starts? Jeez, be patient, you'll have your chance if and when it happens.
Good post..I did all my bitching at the end of last year, and I did plenty of it. Let's see how the year unfolds...hope springs eternal I guess. Just don't think CBB is our guy, but I REALLY hope he proves me wrong.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Redhogs

Quote from: daprospecta on August 07, 2017, 01:07:37 pm
Ding, ding, ding....another winner.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?