Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 Arkansas Hawks in this 2020 NBA 1st-round mock draft ...

Started by Kevin McPherson, August 05, 2017, 11:29:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin McPherson

2 Arkansas Hawks in this 2020 NBA 1st-round mock draft ... I'm not advocating for the merits or credibility of this mock draft, but pretty cool there's a 1st-round mock draft out there with an Arkansan/Hog commit and another w/Arkansas ties who was committed to the Hogs ... Ethan Henderson projected to go No. 18, Reggie Perry at No. 30.

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/p/2020-nba-mock-draft.html

FineAsSwine

Wow, not sure how you manage to run a NBA draft web page in addition to getting all of the tremendous coverage of Razorback basketball recruiting but I am sure thankful.  ;)

Really though, it's poetic justice and great to see that outsiders with an objective viewpoint give our recruits more credit than SOME of our fans do.
Hogs up! Covid down!

jry04

I find it extremely hard to believe Ethan Henderson goes higher in the draft as a sophomore than Reggie Perry does as a sophomore. Most expect Perry to be a 1 and done, and if he stays for a 2nd year and still barely cracks the first round a lot of people will have misjudged Perry and Henderson.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: jry04 on August 05, 2017, 05:57:52 pm
I find it extremely hard to believe Ethan Henderson goes higher in the draft as a sophomore than Reggie Perry does as a sophomore. Most expect Perry to be a 1 and done, and if he stays for a 2nd year and still barely cracks the first round a lot of people will have misjudged Perry and Henderson.

Whether or not it plays out as projected, it is awesome that his name is out there for consideration. Who knows? It could happen. If it did, that would be one time that the bball gods shone a little favor on the Hogs.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Hogimus Prime

It's going off potential and athletic ability.  Perry has a better skill set right now, but isn't supet athletic. Henderson explodes off the floor better than Perry and is quicker and faster. Sounds crazy but most NBA GM's line of thought is you can take a raw athletic kid and teach him skill but you can't take a skilled baller and make him athletic.

MakingPlays

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on August 05, 2017, 08:30:32 pm
It's going off potential and athletic ability.  Perry has a better skill set right now, but isn't supet athletic. Henderson explodes off the floor better than Perry and is quicker and faster. Sounds crazy but most NBA GM's line of thought is you can take a raw athletic kid and teach him skill but you can't take a skilled baller and make him athletic.

I'm not sure how legit that draft site is, I never heard of them before and site looks really amateurish.

I do agree with what you're saying about Perry.  I got a chance to see the Hawks play a couple of games on stream this summer and Perry is a really good looking college prospect, he can really score the ball and cause match-up problems with his size, he looks a legit 6'9, I can see why he's a 5-star. However, I'm not so sure about him being a one and done guy, because he's not that explosive, athletic, or quick for his size.  I don't think he's quick enough to guard NBA 3s or 4s and that's the position he'd be playing.

From watching Perry, he reminds me a lot of a taller Marshawn Powell.  A guy that can probably play the 3, 4, or 5 offensively, but probably only athletic enough to guard the 5 position or a slower 4.  It will be interesting to see how things play out.  Nbadraft.net is the only legit mockdraft site out right now with a 2019 mock draft and no mention of Reggie Perry anywhere.

Letsroll1200

Lost credibility placing Perry behind Henderson. Please!!

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on August 05, 2017, 10:06:53 pm

Let's just let this thing play out.
Hogs up! Covid down!

HognitiveDissonance

Ethan Henderson is an enigma, is my takeaway.
He is all over the map, as far as his evaluation.
All in the last year:

He's received high major offers from Power 5 schools. I believe Notre Dame, Texas, LSU were among them.
He was a Top 70 recruit at one point.
His stock has been dropping lately.
He's been knocked for not being very productive on his Parkview team. Some counter with the team didn't demand him score that much.
It's been said he looks better on the AAU circuit than high school.
Now there is a mock draft with him going in the first round.

How does one reconcile all of that?

My takeaway is that it seems clear that his high stock has always been based on summer league play, and someone seeing vast potential. But he's definitely not a 'star' right now. But they clearly see something in him.

To have him pegged in the first round...by anybody...is fascinating to me.

Youngsta71701

Perry is more of a finished product at this point. Henderson has the most upside and potential.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on August 05, 2017, 10:06:53 pm
It's all based on the potential not the now. They do have enough credibility to have their own site though.

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on August 07, 2017, 03:01:45 pm
Ethan Henderson is an enigma, is my takeaway.
He is all over the map, as far as his evaluation.
All in the last year:

He's received high major offers from Power 5 schools. I believe Notre Dame, Texas, LSU were among them.
He was a Top 70 recruit at one point.
His stock has been dropping lately.
He's been knocked for not being very productive on his Parkview team. Some counter with the team didn't demand him score that much.
It's been said he looks better on the AAU circuit than high school.
Now there is a mock draft with him going in the first round.

How does one reconcile all of that?

My takeaway is that it seems clear that his high stock has always been based on summer league play, and someone seeing vast potential. But he's definitely not a 'star' right now. But they clearly see something in him.

To have him pegged in the first round...by anybody...is fascinating to me.
He seems to have a lot of potential is my take. Seems to not tap into it every time he hits the court.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

IronMountainHog