Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Football is Back Tonight

Started by bennyl08, August 03, 2017, 07:34:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bennyl08

Anybody watching?

I just tuned in. Skipper playing/doing well?
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

trippigs

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Hawgphish

EastexHawg

When I was a kid and we only got three channels I watched every sporting event no matter what it was...ski jumping, the demolition derby at Islip, wrasslin', even "exhibition" football as it was called back then.

Today I would rather pull my fingernails out with pliers than watch a bunch of scrubs play a meaningless preseason game.  For that matter, watching Florida summarily execute Bethune Cookman, and yes even the Hogs pound a hapless Florida A&M, fails to interest me.  It's as compelling as watching a 20 year old Mike Tyson beat up a 5th grader.

SugarHillGaHog

It may be the camera angle but Dan doesn't look that much bigger than those around him.  Not like in college anyway.  I haven't seen him make a bad play but the camera doesn't really focus on the line.  He is #60.

bennyl08

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 03, 2017, 09:50:57 pm
When I was a kid and we only got three channels I watched every sporting event no matter what it was...ski jumping, the demolition derby at Islip, wrasslin', even "exhibition" football as it was called back then.

Today I would rather pull my fingernails out with pliers than watch a bunch of scrubs play a meaningless preseason game.  For that matter, watching Florida summarily execute Bethune Cookman, and yes even the Hogs pound a hapless Florida A&M, fails to interest me.  It's as compelling as watching a 20 year old Mike Tyson beat up a 5th grader.

Well, you can always watch Bob Ross on netflix if that suits you more.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

RME

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 04, 2017, 10:31:54 am
Well, you can always watch Bob Ross on netflix if that suits you more.

Was about to say...is someone forcing you to watch those games?

jgphillips3

247Hog

Quote from: SugarHillGaHog on August 03, 2017, 09:52:57 pm
It may be the camera angle but Dan doesn't look that much bigger than those around him.  Not like in college anyway.  I haven't seen him make a bad play but the camera doesn't really focus on the line.  He is #60.

He also has his legs spread out to stretch when the guy shakes his hand.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Hawgphish