Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Think we have troubles?

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, August 03, 2017, 03:08:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

snoblind

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 03, 2017, 04:41:10 pm
I'm not sure what the Media sees in them for this year. Sure, LSU has had great recruiting classes but...

they lose about 75% of their career starts out of the Secondary, 82% from the D-Line and 69% of their career starts at LB and that is assuming that Arden Key eventually returns.

Now they have problems with depth at the very least on their O-Line where they lose 69% of their career starts (returning just 2 OL starters and neither at Center).

They lose 79% of their career starts at WR along with 58% of their receiving yard and 50% of their receiving TD's.

We know how they have had problems at QB in the past so the lone bright spot for them is that they return all but one of their RB's from last year and 68% of their RB rushing yards.

But that's just about where the bright spot ends.

Of course they will have 9 games to get ready for us and gain experience but the bad news for them is that they could be beat up by the time they get to us with Florida, Auburn, Ole Miss, and an Open Date in October and then Alabama the week before we meet.

They could easily have 3-4 losses before they get to us.
well I know that my people down there were against the O hire and the tact they are taking is over-hyping the crap out of the team so O doesnt make it.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: havok on August 03, 2017, 06:41:19 pm
I would say Ole Miss appears to be one Big Ole Dumpster Fire... but I am Betting Ole Miss Fans think a Dumpster Fire would look pretty good compared to what it really is...
correct b/c a dumpster fire is a contained fire. they have a full on wildfire raging in oxfart.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 04, 2017, 05:54:18 pm
well I know that my people down there were against the O hire and the tact they are taking is over-hyping the crap out of the team so O doesnt make it.

Anyone with any common sense can look at their losses and see that they could very well have a challenging season. They bought out Les, not sure they can afford to be paying for two buyouts at the same time. They may be stuck with Ed O for a few years.
Go Hogs Go!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 04, 2017, 05:59:19 pm
Anyone with any common sense can look at their losses and see that they could very well have a challenging season. They bought out Les, not sure they can afford to be paying for two buyouts at the same time. They may be stuck with Ed O for a few years.
it's b/c they have the best DC in the SEC , and the newest, hottest name at OC. BOTH of which are known as being cutting edge innovators. If those guys coach up to their normal levels LSU will be hard to beat. We need to hope they are coaching for their next jobs and end up in some sort of disfunction.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 04, 2017, 06:02:17 pm
it's b/c they have the best DC in the SEC , and the newest, hottest name at OC. BOTH of which are known as being cutting edge innovators. If those guys coach up to their normal levels LSU will be hard to beat. We need to hope they are coaching for their next jobs and end up in some sort of disfunction.

There isn't any doubt that having a great OC and DC can pay huge dividends but it is like the guy who was a horse wrangler who told his boss, "I can make them go, but I can make them do". The OC lost over 50% of his receiving yards from last year and they only have 11 O-Linemen on the team that are scholarship players.

The DC lost most of their Secondary and D-Line starts and they are depending on the return of Arden Key at LB as a pass rusher and there isn't any guarantee that he is coming back.

Few OC's or DC's are miracle workers given those disadvantages.
Go Hogs Go!

McKdaddy

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 04, 2017, 05:21:42 pm
How about these guys?

Agreed, I was answering your question within a vacuum.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: McKdaddy on August 04, 2017, 07:29:44 pm
Agreed, I was answering your question within a vacuum.

Well the whole premise of this thread is essentially, "if you think we have problems...look at these guys", so it isn't entirely in a "vacuum".
Go Hogs Go!

McKdaddy

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 04, 2017, 07:34:58 pm
Well the whole premise of this thread is essentially, "if you think we have problems...look at these guys", so it isn't entirely in a "vacuum".

I'm aware, Musk.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Hogwild

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 04, 2017, 06:12:07 pm
There isn't any doubt that having a great OC and DC can pay huge dividends but it is like the guy who was a horse wrangler who told his boss, "I can make them go, but I can make them do". The OC lost over 50% of his receiving yards from last year and they only have 11 O-Linemen on the team that are scholarship players.

The DC lost most of their Secondary and D-Line starts and they are depending on the return of Arden Key at LB as a pass rusher and there isn't any guarantee that he is coming back.

Few OC's or DC's are miracle workers given those disadvantages.

I agree with most of your post in this thread, living in New Orleans, (along with my in-laws) I hear more LSU/Tulane info than I would like.

LSU is secondary will be legit.  They signed the #1 safety in the nation, top 20 overall recruit http://247sports.com/Player/JaCoby-Stevens-32398
If he would have signed with us, we would be talking about how he would change how secondary, best defensive recruit we had in x number years. 
Then this happened on Monday-

QuoteBATON ROUGE, La. – If there were any lingering doubts, the "DBU" debate ended Monday. As if national award winners, NFL draft picks and defensive backs on NFL rosters weren't adequate-enough metrics, LSU played its trump card when Ed Orgeron announced JaCoby Stevens was moving to wide receiver.

That's five-star true freshman JaCoby Stevens. That's the No. 1 safety-in-the-2017-signing class JaCoby Stevens. He was the best safety in the country, but he's the third-best safety in the LSU signing class and tops out as the fifth-best safety on LSU's roster.

Game. Set. Match.

Kinda of like our recruitment of Devin White, the next all-american running back, he will be their starting MLB this year.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Hogwild on August 04, 2017, 11:48:07 pm
I agree with most of your post in this thread, living in New Orleans, (along with my in-laws) I hear more LSU/Tulane info than I would like.

LSU is secondary will be legit.  They signed the #1 safety in the nation, top 20 overall recruit http://247sports.com/Player/JaCoby-Stevens-32398
If he would have signed with us, we would be talking about how he would change how secondary, best defensive recruit we had in x number years. 

Kinda of like our recruitment of Devin White, the next all-american running back, he will be their starting MLB this year.

When it comes to exceptionally gifted athlete's LSU has had an embarrassment of riches for pretty much most of my life. If O has the sense to hire great staffers and get out of the way they will be tough.

That's why I was rooting for Les last fall.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

moses_007

I'd love to see the SEC West decline (every school, except Arkansas) to where it was in 2006, so Arkansas would have a chance, finally, to win the SEC.  No championships in 25 seasons is kinda hard to swallow for us devoted Hog fans used to winning championships in the old SWC.  My, how I miss the old days...........

SRV

We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

SRV

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on August 05, 2017, 12:02:35 am
When it comes to exceptionally gifted athlete's LSU has had an embarrassment of riches for pretty much most of my life. If O has the sense to hire great staffers and get out of the way they will be tough.

That's why I was rooting for Les last fall.
Agreed. I was hoping for a lifetime contract for Les.
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hogwild on August 04, 2017, 11:48:07 pm

He may end up being the best thing around or he may have a learning curve. You tend to think that players that are ranked #1 at any position in the country should be able to come in and make a difference immediately. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. LSU lost a lot on defense and they are going to need more than 1 kid playing safety to make up for all of those losses. I'm sure he will help. My biggest concern is that all of those players with little experience will have 9 games to gain experience before facing us. The thing that I like about how that sets up is that they get us the week following playing Alabama in Tuscaloosa.
Go Hogs Go!

Hogwild

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hogwild on August 05, 2017, 03:33:49 pm
This article appeared in my paper this morning, talking about LSU O line issues

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_f7954e86-7963-11e7-8524-2392512b5b38.html

Derrius Guice is a heckuva a RB but he can't run effectively if that O-Line can't open holes for him. And, there is always attrition due to injury at times, especially on the OL. I wasn't aware that Dodd and Okeke had also left their O-Line. They have returners to fill their 5 spots on the OL, but it is going to be a "mix and match" situation, not perfect by any stretch. It will be a patch work OL, much like ours last year. And we will see if Etling can survive at QB long enough to get to us. With little experienced depth on their OL, they will probably wear down by the end of games.

And that isn't all. They now return just 18% of their starts along the D-Line and 54% of their experience.

LSU may have a lot of talent but this is far from an ideal situation for them and certainly not as good of a situation as they are accustomed to starting a season with, so I like it.
Go Hogs Go!