Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TJ Moss

Started by NWAHog479, July 17, 2017, 02:58:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NWAHog479

Here is a theory... Moss & Perry seem to be buddies now Tweeting back and forth to each other. Moss is only playing with the Hawks to get used to playing with Reggie to get ready for their time down in Starkville. Am I reaching here?

HogCzar1

I wouldn't think it was out of the realm of possibilities.

King Kong

Moss and Perry played on the same teams at the Rivals 100 camp like a year ago.

Ethan was there also but on a different team

ADavisTheGOAT

I guarantee that's what will happen. Moss is just being a snake and wasting our time.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

AirWarren

Quote from: Hogfan991 on July 17, 2017, 05:00:14 pm
I guarantee that's what will happen. Moss is just being a snake and wasting our time.

Wasting time?

That's what grown men get for chasing 16-18 year olds around on social media banking hopes and dreams on their decisions HAHA

poloprince

Quote from: AP85 on July 17, 2017, 05:43:49 pm
Wasting time?

That's what grown men get for chasing 16-18 year olds around on social media banking hopes and dreams on their decisions HAHA
$PoLoPrInCe$

ADavisTheGOAT

Wasting time?

Don't really see what you're trying to imply.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Wasting time?

You're in a recruiting forum too though  ???
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

AirWarren

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on July 18, 2017, 07:28:40 am
You're in a recruiting forum too though  ???

Ask me if I follow and harass them on twitter though and other social media?

I come here for a laugh and good time.

Hawg Red

I'm not too interested in T.J. Moss. If he wants to be a Hog, great. He's a good player for sure. But we have a lot of guards on board and I've wondered if adding him might just lead to a transfer at some point for someone. I'd love to see the Hogs get back into Memphis, but I just don't see the staff attacking the city hard enough so it doesn't look like that will be something that's going to happen.

Let me see some big man names. All I'm seeing is more guards and wings.

batmanfan

Considering it's a miracle that this staff ever lands an out of state recruit that's a 4 star prospect, you take Moss and celebrate it if you can get him.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

Hawg Red

Quote from: batmanfan on July 18, 2017, 09:41:12 am
Considering it's a miracle that this staff ever lands an out of state recruit that's a 4 star prospect, you take Moss and celebrate it if you can get him.

And I would. Just not going to put any effort to following his recruitment. I'm not sure if a partial summer with the Hawks is enough of a connection to get him so what's the point?

And someone would transfer if we got him. You can consider that virtually guaranteed.

batmanfan

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 18, 2017, 09:50:48 am
And I would. Just not going to put any effort to following his recruitment. I'm not sure if a partial summer with the Hawks is enough of a connection to get him so what's the point?

And someone would transfer if we got him. You can consider that virtually guaranteed.

Good point. There is no reason to ever really put in any effort following any top out of state prospect "we are in on".
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

bville_hog

They should kick perry off the Hawks yesterday.

mbgrulz

Quote from: bville_hog on July 18, 2017, 12:32:25 pm
Haha. I agree!

Youngsta71701

Ingram and Fitz are still holding out hope. And I'm being serious. They were talking about it on DTS.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

outlawhogeywells

Mike needs to hire a genuine recruiter

nwahogfan1

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on July 18, 2017, 01:49:01 pm
Mike needs to hire a genuine recruiter

Your right but he will not. Deeply loyal to his staff and seems none of his staff are doing a good enough job to get promoted so we are stuck with what we have.

Oh well. Prepare for top 5 finishes in the SEC and maybe a win in the Tournament.

nwahogfan1

Why?  The Hawks do not play for the University of Arkansas or Mike Anderson

tophawg19

I think we are in on bigger fish than T.j .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

HogCzar1

tophawg19

Go to the Breaking, hog's offer  thread . it should excite the fans to see strong interest from multiple high level kids .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hogimus Prime

Let him go to MSU and barely finish above .500, then bounced 1st round of the NIT. That is ceiling with Howland at MSU

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: tophawg19 on July 18, 2017, 07:48:47 pm
I think we are in on bigger fish than T.j .

Don't believe it until they make it to campus lol

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Hogfan991 on July 17, 2017, 05:00:14 pm

The kid is not a snake!! The kid is not committed to any school and he has options. He just received another offer from Ohio State University. I just don't understand so called fans that can't get it through their heads that these kids don't owe Arkansas or any other school anything. When it comes to recruiting and picking what school to attend, its a time to be a little selfish. Don't hate the player hate the game.

downsouthhawg72

I love CMA to death... Wanted him the 1st time..But what i'm seeing is that we will continue to lose recruiting battles until CMA stop hiring the inexperienced friends & family as coaches.... Yea Watkins is Experienced but what have he really done... It's time to change all that but I'm afraid what we have is going to be what we have....IF 1 guy leaves the next person up is Mayberry... So it's not changing... We have not 1 big man coach there.... We have to have 1....
DownSouthHawg

batmanfan

Rule of thumb: don't get excited about any of these kids until the decide to confirm a visit to the hill. Without that the interest in Ark could be between alot to a little. You never know if these kids are just blowing smoke to our recruiting guys or not.

sickboy

Man, some of you guys are entitled. They are kids. Mind you -- they are not YOUR kids. When a kid chooses not to be a Hog... it is not a personal slight against you, the state of Arkansas or your great grandfathers who fought in the freaking Civil War. Let these kids choose what's best for them in life (their life) and wish them well. Then cheer for the kids who want to be Hogs. That's your job. Not to follow a teenage child on social media and verbally abuse them because they go to another school. Fans are drastically overvaluing their role in this equation.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on July 18, 2017, 08:38:19 pm
Let him go to MSU and barely finish above .500, then bounced 1st round of the NIT. That is ceiling with Howland at MSU
Maybe but Howland was a good coach.  he did a good job at NAU, then Pitt and then took UCLA to 3 consecutive Final Fours.  He did leave there amid some controversy however and I have read he is not a good communicator with his players.  Maybe he has improved, maybe not.  He does teach great man to man defense.  I just think he has trouble relating and connecting to his players.  Seems too "old school" for today's player. 

AirWarren

Quote from: sickboy on July 19, 2017, 01:12:46 pm
Man, some of you guys are entitled. They are kids. Mind you -- they are not YOUR kids. When a kid chooses not to be a Hog... it is not a personal slight against you, the state of Arkansas or your great grandfathers who fought in the freaking Civil War. Let these kids choose what's best for them in life (their life) and wish them well. Then cheer for the kids who want to be Hogs. That's your job. Not to follow a teenage child on social media and verbally abuse them because they go to another school. Fans are drastically overvaluing their role in this equation.

What....not follow and harass kids on social media?? Are you a commie?

HardingHog

It appears TJ is headed out west and will be attending Findlay Prep for this upcoming season

https://twitter.com/929espn/status/894995940595163136

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: HardingHog on August 08, 2017, 02:36:25 pm
It appears TJ is headed out west and will be attending Findlay Prep for this upcoming season

https://twitter.com/929espn/status/894995940595163136

Yes, TJ told me he's headed to Findlay Prep.

navyhog24

So that takes him off the list.

batmanfan

navyhog24

Distance. The farther away he is the harder it is for our staff to recruit anyone especially at a national level.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: navyhog24 on August 08, 2017, 02:50:59 pm
Distance. The farther away he is the harder it is for our staff to recruit anyone especially at a national level.

Kingsley prepped on the East Coast. We had a visit just this off season from a guy from Findlay who is originally from Canada. Having a brain cramp at the momentI don't feel like looking his name up, but the transfer we got was from North Carolina and then played at New Mexico.

We have never had a long reach though so I see where you are coming from, but guys originally from this region are still in play as most players sign with a school with a reasonable proximity of their real home.

klp1

UA recruit Reggie Chaney the 6"7 PF from Texas played on Findley last year

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: klp1 on August 08, 2017, 04:08:20 pm
UA recruit Reggie Chaney the 6"7 PF from Texas played on Findley last year

And Connor Vanover announced a few days ago that he is transferring there. Several Arkansas connections going on at Findlay Prep all of a sudden.

NWAHog479

Did he just not get a specific offer that he was looking for? Noticed that he dropped to around number 200 on 247

Hawg Red

August 09, 2017, 04:23:41 pm #39 Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 08:28:47 am by Hawg Red
Quote from: navyhog24 on August 08, 2017, 02:45:03 pm
So that takes him off the list.

Reading the tea leaves, I don't think Moss was too serious of a contender to be a Hog before this news anyway. He's from this area, so I would imagine he ends up back this way for college. We'll see, though.

SRV

Quote from: sickboy on July 19, 2017, 01:12:46 pm
Excellent post. This should be required reading for every member of hogville.
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

HawgnCorona

August 10, 2017, 07:08:28 am #41 Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 07:23:13 am by HawgnCorona

This staff goes to Vegas...and not just to gamble (if they do at all). So they do travel the country. Does distance have much to do with it? Could we do a better job of connecting with these out of state recruits? A good relationship with that recruit might help...Or do what SOME are doing.

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

klp1

Does Moss have a visit scheduled?  Embrey does and is a similar player.  Moss must be down our list or we are further down on his list

Hawg Red

Quote from: klp1 on August 10, 2017, 10:59:54 am
Does Moss have a visit scheduled?  Embrey does and is a similar player.  Moss must be down our list or we are further down on his list

About sums it up. For whatever reason, we're not so much in the running. No visit scheduled. Either we really don't want him or he doesn't really want us.

batmanfan

I think you guys are going a bit overboard on Moss. He hasn't set any visits yet, and said we would for sure get one. Actually most of the guys we have offered haven't set visits yet.

Hawg Red

Quote from: batmanfan on August 10, 2017, 11:28:31 am
I think you guys are going a bit overboard on Moss. He hasn't set any visits yet, and said we would for sure get one. Actually most of the guys we have offered haven't set visits yet.

Good point, caller.