Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HDN wants 500,000 donated to start an Ethics Commission......

Started by twistitup, August 02, 2017, 11:55:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ur

GuvHog

Quote from: ur on August 07, 2017, 11:40:45 am
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20272367/houston-nutt-settle-lawsuit-ole-miss-rebels-school-apologizes-inaccurate-statements

Houston Nutt would settle lawsuit against Ole Miss for apology
Mark Schlabach
10:57 AM CT

The thing is Ole Miss can't make a public apology and admit they were wrong for blaming Nutt. That would be throwing Freeze under the bus and he'd make them pay dearly with what he knows. They can't afford Freeze spilling the beans to the NCAA, it would damage their football program far more than it has already been damaged.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HamSammich

Great article about this in Deadspin today

QuoteMore than a few unbiased sports reporters have talked openly on the radio and on podcasts in recent weeks about how Hugh Freeze "lied" to the press in order to falsely portray Houston Nutt as the primary target of the NCAA's investigation. What's more, other journalists have come out of the woodwork since the lawsuit was filed to share with us their personal recollections of how they too were duped by Coach Freeze. So purely from a moral standpoint, if for no other reason, Ole Miss owes Houston an apology.

GuvHog

Quote from: HamSammich on August 07, 2017, 01:59:19 pm

The article states that Ole Miss should make a private apology to Nutt and fork over the money. The only problem with that is Nutt doesn't want a private apology, he wants a very public apology.

oldman1015

Quote from: GuvHog on August 07, 2017, 02:09:58 pm
The article states that Ole Miss should make a private apology to Nutt and fork over the money. The only problem with that is Nutt doesn't want a private apology, he wants a very public apology.
Have you talked to him today? I bet he wants the money more.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

GuvHog

Quote from: oldman1015 on August 07, 2017, 02:22:24 pm
Have you talked to him today? I bet he wants the money more.

Read the article. He wants no money for himself or his family.

hobhog

Quote from: GuvHog on August 07, 2017, 11:50:37 am
The thing is Ole Miss can't make a public apology and admit they were wrong for blaming Nutt. That would be throwing Freeze under the bus and he'd make them pay dearly with what he knows. They can't afford Freeze spilling the beans to the NCAA, it would damage their football program far more than it has already been damaged.

What a pickle. Just glad it is someone else for a change....

Inhogswetrust

Ya'll should hear what the sports media in Memphis are doing. They are literally LOL'ing over the radio about Houston and this settlement proposal.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Kevin

does nutt think they might hire him back?
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Kevin on August 07, 2017, 04:16:26 pm
does nutt think they might hire him back?

He's not quite that stupid. Close but not quite. I do believe he thinks what they have said has hurt his chances in getting any new coaching job. So he IS delusional.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Ugly Uncle

HdN wants back in the game of coaching.  He is doing what he thinks he needs to get back.  No way that happens...IMO.
Retired Radio Host

HamSammich

Nutt has been offered two jobs that I know of in the last 5 years. They were both not the biggest of football program schools. After he turned down the last I figured and still do that he doesn't want to coach again.

I know this doesn't fit hogvilles hate narrative but whatever.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HamSammich on August 07, 2017, 04:52:29 pm
Nutt has been offered two jobs that I know of in the last 5 years. They were both not the biggest of football program schools. After he turned down the last I figured and still do that he doesn't want to coach again.

Maybe his ego caused him to turn them down thinking he is better than wha they offered in money, contract length, facilities etc. After all you said they aren't the biggest programs. Perhaps he thought the money wasn't enough and they weren't about to go any higher for a coach like him. Also don't forget there are idiots in hiring positions........................

TebowHater

Quote from: HamSammich on August 07, 2017, 01:59:19 pm

Indeed, HDN sent Ole Miss a formal settlement request simply requesting a public apology and a $500,000 donation to fund a commission on sports ethics for the state of Mississippi.

Contrary to title of this thread, or what Hogville wants to believe, he is not doing this for money for himself.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: TebowHater on August 07, 2017, 05:24:03 pm
Indeed, HDN sent Ole Miss a formal settlement request simply requesting a public apology and a $500,000 donation to fund a commission on sports ethics for the state of Mississippi.

Contrary to title of this thread, or what Hogville wants to believe, he is not doing this for money for himself.

When I heard the radio media laughing about this settlement today and them saying that Houston was wanting to fund a commission for sports ethics I started to LOL as hard as they were doing! It's also funny your name is Tebowhater yet Tebow has more ethics in his little finger than nutty does in his whole body and you posted that post!

TebowHater

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 07, 2017, 05:32:09 pm
When I heard the radio media laughing about this settlement today and them saying that Houston was wanting to fund a commission for sports ethics I started to LOL as hard as they were doing! It's also funny your name is Tebowhater yet Tebow has more ethics in his little finger than nutty does in his whole body and you posted that post!

What did HDN ever do to cheat at sports here? You can hate him all you want, but to act like sports ethics is oxymoronic with HDN is, itself, moronic.

twistitup

Quote from: TebowHater on August 07, 2017, 05:24:03 pm

This thread was started before the offer - I will change title
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

TebowHater

Quote from: twistitup on August 07, 2017, 06:18:38 pm

This thread was started before the offer - I will change title

Totally - wasn't meaning to attack you personally - just the mob mentality around him that still persists on here, even when perhaps unfounded. Anyway, respect the update.

Tusks

Quote from: TebowHater on August 07, 2017, 06:31:35 pm
Totally - wasn't meaning to attack you personally - just the mob mentality around him that still persists on here, even when perhaps unfounded. Anyway, respect the update.

Teresa ?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

TrueBlue

You guys need to give Nutt credit. He helped take down Ole Miss and Freeze. It was worth our little Nutt drama when he was here, to be able to watch Freeze "burn" the last few weeks. (That's funny right there, I don't care who you are!)

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Inhogswetrust

August 08, 2017, 04:59:31 am #71 Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 12:29:53 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: TebowHater on August 07, 2017, 05:52:42 pm
What did HDN ever do to cheat at sports here? You can hate him all you want, but to act like sports ethics is oxymoronic with HDN is, itself, moronic.

I didn't say he did cheat here. Ethics doesn't have to be about cheating or breaking NCAA rules. BUT he WAS responsible for overseeing the actions of his assistants and players. Besides the ethics I was referring too might not be about cheating as in recruiting or the NCXAA rules but how he treated, managed or handled some players and coaches here and at old misses. Some coaches never cheated as far as the NCAA is concerned themselves but they also weren't the standard bearer of ethical behavior.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: HamSammich on August 07, 2017, 04:52:29 pm

I know...that he wants back into coaching.  I'm not saying you are wrong and I'm right...but I am right.
Retired Radio Host