Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HDN wants 500,000 donated to start an Ethics Commission......

Started by twistitup, August 02, 2017, 11:55:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

Since that article was published - HDN now wants to settle....he doesn't want money for himself just an apology and Ole Miss to donate 500,000 to develop a sports ethics commission  :D

https://deadspin.com/report-houston-nutt-offers-to-settle-if-ole-miss-apolo-1797602311

Old article on H Nutt / Ole Miss lawsuit

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/01/apology-no-longer-all-houston-nutt-will-settle-for-from-ole-miss/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs&yptr=yahoo

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Ole Miss has handled this in the absolute worst way possible. At this point the NCAA isn't even actively investigating anymore, they're just hanging back waiting to see what Houston nutt exposes next   :)
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Hawgey-Davidson

Highly doubtful all he wanted was an apology. We all know his shtick too well.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hawgey-Davidson on August 02, 2017, 12:48:42 pm

He's bringing the wood...................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

phadedhawg

King Kong

I know Houston isn't loved. But Ole Piss did tell media members the majority was under him and not Freeze.

I hope he makes them pay more

GuvHog

Quote from: Hawgey-Davidson on August 02, 2017, 12:48:42 pm

His shtick is right this time though. I hope he loads up with Ole Miss money.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

AugustaHog

He's a sleazeball, but OM was far sleazier than the Nutter in this case.  They should have apologized and paid the man to keep this out of court.  He's now a dog with a bone.

247Hog

Ole Miss getting torched....Arkansas attorneys making bank from the case. Win/Win
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

RagingHawgOn

He's definitely slimy but I hope he hangs Ole Piss.

247Hog

If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

The Kig

Regardless of whether Nutt actually did what they claim, they have a signed contract that states otherwise...and are ultimately bound to it.  They mishandled this from the time they drafted his severance agreement to present and he may well be retarded, but his attorneys aren't.
Poker Porker

HappyFan

What is funny is how they gushed about his hire and thought we were a bunch of idiots for running him off. LoL!

twistitup

Quote from: 247Hog on August 02, 2017, 01:44:05 pm
Apology if already posted but i didn't see it

Two projected Ole Miss defensive starters arrested for shoplifting

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/02/two-projected-ole-miss-defensive-starters-arrested-for-shoplifting/

The spending money slush fund has officially dried up....
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Michael D Huff AIA

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HappyFan on August 02, 2017, 02:15:41 pm
What is funny is how they gushed about his hire and thought we were a bunch of idiots for running him off. LoL!

While leaving we had a fan of theirs in oxford the first game we played them after he was hired yell at us "thanks for giving us your coach". I replied something to the effect of "you'll be sorry". I always wanted to see what he would say after nutty left!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Dropkick

Yeah, I remember a couple of their fans on this board, rebelbruiser and olemissbydamn. They were gonna educate us as to why we were wrong about Nutt. I think they both left faster than a fart in whirlwind after Jacksonville State beat them.

MJ2

Is John White the Chancellor at OM now?   More Golden Handcuffs?

oldfart

Quote from: MJ2 on August 02, 2017, 04:29:09 pm
Is John White the Chancellor at OM now?   More Golden Handcuffs?

i think the sob is still being paid big $$$ on the engineering faculty

go hogues

Go get'm hooston!

I was just talking to an OM friend the other day who is STILL making excuses for the university and football program. It's just unbelievable how delusional that fanbase was, is and continues to be.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Sivad

"Just like a Memphis hooker, I've got Hugh Freeze and Ole Miss right by the *****now."...Right Reverend Houston Nutt

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Pigsknuckles

Never thought I would be on HDN's side on anything. Guess there is always a first time. Even if there is potential new evidence that could help OM's case, it might not be relevant  if OM can't show that they knew about it at the time they made their initial defamatory statements.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

hobhog

Justifiable Hogicide

This is very funny.
Ole Miss is going to have to pay heavily to clip TWO sets of handcuffs freeing them from ole Houston D. Nutt.
They should have listened to us.

The OTR

I think Forrest City Joe deserves an apology from Houston and Tim Brando first.  That apology is way overdue.

longpig

Hootie  probably figures OM's finger pointing has cost him jobs.   Based on the value of his services, he might get Hobby Lobby gift cards or somethin.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on August 03, 2017, 02:05:14 pm
I think Forrest City Joe deserves an apology from Houston and Tim Brando first.  That apology is way overdue.

I wonder when nutty will apologize to the fans of both Arkansas and old misses.

Maximus Tusk

Quote from: twistitup on August 02, 2017, 11:55:44 am
New article on H Nutt / Ole Miss lawsuit

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/01/apology-no-longer-all-houston-nutt-will-settle-for-from-ole-miss/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs&yptr=yahoo
You gotta give it to ole Hooter...I can barely stomach the guy but in the world of sports, you hear the term "doing more with less" thrown around a lot. In terms of talent vs money earned (includes stolen, cheated, swindled, ransomed or otherwise) no one is even in his league! He NEVER let's go of the rope...!

trippigs

A couple of slime balls going after another.....a sad situation

247Hog

Quote from: trippigs on August 03, 2017, 08:48:15 pm
A couple of slime balls going after another.....a sad entertaining situation

ChitownHawg

PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

MissippHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 02, 2017, 04:16:56 pm
While leaving we had a fan of theirs in oxford the first game we played them after he was hired yell at us "thanks for giving us your coach". I replied something to the effect of "you'll be sorry". I always wanted to see what he would say after nutty left!
Once they had sealed the win late in the 4th quarter in 2009, our first time in Oxford after HDN went to Ole Miss, they began chanting "Houston Nutt, Houston Nutt" throughout the stadium.  There were three middle-aged, drunk women behind us that were obnoxiously over the top with it.  Fortunately the Rebel fan that was sitting next to me didn't join in.  He and I had a pretty good discussion throughout the game and I remember (as they were chanting) laughing and saying "yeah, we'll see how that works out for y'all." 
As far as I can tell, it's worked out pretty good  ;D

Pork Twain

Been a really long time since I cheered for ole HDN
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

GuvHog

Quote from: Pork Twain on August 04, 2017, 06:06:56 am
Been a really long time since I cheered for ole HDN

Same here.

I'm simply amazed at the number of people on here who still carry a grudge against the man after 10 years even though he's now actually doing something right.

The Kig

Quote from: Maximus Tusk on August 03, 2017, 02:33:36 pm
You hear the term "doing more with less" thrown around a lot. In terms of talent vs money earned

Pretty amazing... Indeed.  Definitely not the brightest bulb and somehow made millions.  He has some smart people on retainer
Poker Porker

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: GuvHog on August 04, 2017, 08:40:14 am
Same here.

I'm simply amazed at the number of people on here who still carry a grudge against the man after 10 years even though he's now actually doing something right.

Something good? Nutt isn't going after Ole Miss for some righteous reason. No, he is going after them cause they hurt his feelings and dinged his fragile little ego when they fired him.    Nutt is being what he had always been a petty, vindictive bully and that is what he will always be.

MuskogeeHogFan

Pat Forde put this out:

Pat Forde‏Verified account
@YahooForde
Follow
More
Y sources: Nutt lawsuit settlement proposal seeks $0 for him; wants $500K from Ole Miss to fund commission on integrity in MS college sports
4:25 AM - 7 Aug 2017
Go Hogs Go!

hobhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 07, 2017, 09:05:40 am
Pat Forde put this out:

@YahooForde
Follow
More
Y sources: Nutt lawsuit settlement proposal seeks $0 for him; wants $500K from Ole Miss to fund commission on integrity in MS college sports

That's strange.....

ricepig

Quote from: hobhog on August 07, 2017, 09:37:25 am
That's strange.....

The thought is a protracted suit will end his chances to coach, Hell, he achieved that years ago. He better get some more money for leather tanning.....

riccoar

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 07, 2017, 09:05:40 am
Pat Forde put this out:

@YahooForde
Follow
More
If I was Ole Miss, I'd say deal.  Set that commission up to meet monthly at the local Holiday Inn in Oxford.  Invite Donna Bragg as your first guest speaker and encourage her to talk about the impact social media and texting has had on relational sports.

GuvHog

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on August 04, 2017, 08:46:09 pm
Something good? Nutt isn't going after Ole Miss for some righteous reason. No, he is going after them cause they hurt his feelings and dinged his fragile little ego when they fired him.    Nutt is being what he had always been a petty, vindictive bully and that is what he will always be.

Try again. He's suing Ole Miss because when they hired him, part of the contract he signed with them stated that after he leaves Ole Miss whether it's by termination or by his own choice, they agreed not to defame him in any way. When they publically blamed him for their many violations, they violated their contract with him. That's called 'Breach of Contract". He added the "Defamation of Character" part for good measure.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on August 07, 2017, 09:44:04 am
The thought is a protracted suit will end his chances to coach, Hell, he achieved that years ago. He better get some more money for leather tanning.....

He doesn't need the money. The Millions he made at Arkansas and Ole Miss set his family up for life.

The man did plenty of wrong things at Arkansas and probably did some at Ole Miss too but I don't blame him one bit for not letting them get away with blaming him for things that he didn't do.

HamSammich

This is nothing about coaching again. He has been offered coaching jobs. Nutt might be actually trying to do the right thing.

GuvHog

Quote from: HamSammich on August 07, 2017, 11:20:59 am
This is nothing about coaching again. He has been offered coaching jobs. Nutt might be actually trying to do the right thing.

Exactly. There are just some on here who can't bring themselves to let the hate go even after 10 years.

elksnort

Quote from: 247Hog on August 02, 2017, 01:41:04 pm
Ole Miss getting torched....Arkansas attorneys making bank from the case. Win/Win
I know there is not much to talk about yet, but Ole Miss' demise and some attorney in Arkansas benefiting from said demise is not helping me or my family.