Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RB Outlook Early in Fall Camp

Started by Drew Amman, August 01, 2017, 12:26:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: JayBell on August 03, 2017, 08:40:51 am
Well you quoted a post that was explicitly talking about the 2018 season.

The post I quoted didn't say anything about 2018. It said "next season," meaning 2017 as it is the next season.

Hawgphat

It is my considered opinion that the 2017 campaign should be allowed to be completed before the 2018 one is preemptively critiqued.

It is also my firmly-resolved determination that I would rather have a bottle in front 'o' me than a frontal lobotomy.

NWAHog479

Would like to see us get creative in the running game and maybe an option play every couple of games here and there... Gotta do something other than fake punts to try and knock of a team like Bama.

bennyl08

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on August 03, 2017, 12:12:17 pm
The post I quoted didn't say anything about 2018. It said "next season," meaning 2017 as it is the next season.

2017 is this season. The roster is the 2017/18 season. Players from the 2016/17 season are no longer with the team and will in fact be playing in their first NFL game tonight. If we were still in summer camp, you'd have an argument, but this is now fall camp for the fall season.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

JayBell

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 03, 2017, 02:30:31 pm2017 is this season. The roster is the 2017/18 season. Players from the 2016/17 season are no longer with the team and will in fact be playing in their first NFL game tonight. If we were still in summer camp, you'd have an argument, but this is now fall camp for the fall season.

It also said they'd lose Austin Allen, so...

JayBell

Quote from: Hawgphat on August 03, 2017, 01:17:54 pmIt is my considered opinion that the 2017 campaign should be allowed to be completed before the 2018 one is preemptively critiqued.

My only point about the 2018 offense was about how Bielema's offense have been very balanced, despite the claims you'll see on here.  Still, you could see a run-heavy team in 2018 if everybody stays healthy and comes back next season.  It's fun to think about.  Definitely not critiquing it yet.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 03, 2017, 02:30:31 pm
2017 is this season. The roster is the 2017/18 season. Players from the 2016/17 season are no longer with the team and will in fact be playing in their first NFL game tonight. If we were still in summer camp, you'd have an argument, but this is now fall camp for the fall season.

I don't really care to argue with you about it. Congrats, you won on Hogville.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on August 01, 2017, 11:07:25 pm
Hope yall remember this enthusiasm if we are 3-2 going into the Bama game.........

I hope you eat the hellz outta some crow if we're 5-0...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on August 03, 2017, 08:48:52 pm
Not a good look when the #3 back at USCE is #2 at Arkansas

Well that is just crazy talk. Where do you think that David Williams would be on the depth chart if RWIII hadn't had to give up football? And Williams is a Senior transfer, who is currently ahead of him and behind him on the depth chart? A true Sophomore and 2 true Freshmen? Come on man. It must be terrible to wake up with a negative mindset every day.
Go Hogs Go!

GuvHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 04, 2017, 07:54:14 am
Well that is just crazy talk. Where do you think that David Williams would be on the depth chart if RWIII hadn't had to give up football? And Williams is a Senior transfer, who is currently ahead of him and behind him on the depth chart? A true Sophomore and 2 true Freshmen? Come on man. It must be terrible to wake up with a negative mindset every day.

Agreed. The reason David Williams is #2 at Arkansas when he was #3 at South Carolina could be a difference of offensive schemes. He fits much better in Bret's power offense scheme than he did in Muschamp's spread at South Carolina.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

bphi11ips

David Williams was offered by Ohio State, Notre Dame, Southern Cal, Wisconsin, Auburn, Penn State, Tennessee, etc.  The coaching change at SC hurt him.  That happens to players all the time.

The Hogs are in good shape at RB with the addition of David Williams.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.