Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bo is not hosting his show today?

Started by rzrbkman, July 27, 2017, 03:12:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbkman

If I understood the substitute host correctly, on the 1st day of Razorback fall football practice Bo is off shooting video with a non-Razorback coach, a head coach of a Big 10 school?

ricepig

Uh yeah, did you expect him at practice, and does he usually attend?

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Yeah he's recording "being PJ Fleck". I think fleck is the Minnesota coach
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

rzrbkman

Quote from: ricepig on July 27, 2017, 03:13:38 pm
Uh yeah, did you expect him at practice, and does he usually attend?
Football is the biggest sport at the UA so I would have expected him to host today after being on the air consistently during the off-season.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: rzrbkman on July 27, 2017, 03:25:58 pm
Football is the biggest sport at the UA so it I would have expected him to host today after being on the air consistently during the off-season.
The sub in will do just fine.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

RazorWest

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on July 27, 2017, 03:26:45 pm
The sub in will do just fine.

It might be nice to hear a host not berate every caller that doesn't agree with them

rzrbkman

Quote from: RazorWest on July 27, 2017, 03:33:26 pm
It might be nice to hear a host not berate every caller that doesn't agree with them
Good point!

Wildhog

Hell, that's why I like him.  He doesn't tolerate stupid like DTS does.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hog Fan...DOH!

ricepig

Quote from: rzrbkman on July 27, 2017, 03:25:58 pm
Football is the biggest sport at the UA so I would have expected him to host today after being on the air consistently during the off-season.

So, he was to be on air during practice, how was he going to cover practice? Are the guys from DTS at practice? I ask because I don't listen to either, just wondering what was expected of them.

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on July 27, 2017, 03:52:42 pm
So, he was to be on air during practice, how was he going to cover practice? Are the guys from DTS at practice? I ask because I don't listen to either, just wondering what was expected of them.

Trey Biddy comes on at 5ish on DTS. And he will give a practice report.

rzrbkman

Quote from: ricepig on July 27, 2017, 03:52:42 pm

Bo, like most radio hosts are generally on the air everyday. It would be hard for him to cover practice while his show is on the air. I think today's practice is closed anyway.

rzrbkman

Quote from: Wildhog on July 27, 2017, 03:38:28 pm
Hell, that's why I like him.  He doesn't tolerate stupid like DTS does.

Yes he does. Reference Eddie from Clarksville.

ricepig

Quote from: rzrbkman on July 27, 2017, 04:12:56 pm
Bo, like most radio hosts are generally on the air everyday. It would be hard for him to cover practice while his show is on the air. I think today's practice is closed anyway.

First 4 periods are open to the media.

https://twitter.com/TomMurphyADG/status/890681656834707456

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

presidenthog

Quote from: ricepig on July 27, 2017, 04:17:43 pm
First 4 periods are open to the media.

https://twitter.com/TomMurphyADG/status/890681656834707456
I wonder why those are designed like that.

Also Taylor is bigger than I expected. Will fit in at that DE spot well.

His thighs though are half the size of sosa's.

ricepig

Quote from: presidenthog on July 27, 2017, 04:47:42 pm
I wonder why those are designed like that.

Also Taylor is bigger than I expected. Will fit in at that DE spot well.

His thighs though are half the size of sosa's.

Covers for the OL/DL, I'm sure to lessen the constant blows of helmet to helmet between them.
https://twitter.com/Shadid13/status/890691793645428737

sowmonella

Bo's fill in host is god awful. He's spent more time blowing Saban than McIlroy on a coke high.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: rzrbkman on July 27, 2017, 04:14:25 pm
Yes he does. Reference Eddie from Clarksville.

Huh, that's radio gold. Any radio host would be crazy to stop that kind of entertainment

Seebs

Quote from: sowmonella on July 27, 2017, 05:14:25 pm
Bo's fill in host is god awful. He's spent more time blowing Saban than McIlroy on a coke high.

Isn't this saying more about Saban's stayability?  Maybe his technique was all wrong
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Woo Hawg

The Buzz is piss poor.  I swore off that station a few years ago and haven't looked back.  It baffles me how any can stomach DTS or Baz/Tommy/Roger ramble on and sing.  Baz are Tommy are the most uneducated so called sports show 'hosts' that I have ever heard on the radio.  But then again, they defend themselves by saying that their show isn't really always a sports show, so there is an excuse.

AirWarren

Quote from: Woo Hawg on July 27, 2017, 06:01:29 pm
The Buzz is piss poor.  I swore off that station a few years ago and haven't looked back.  It baffles me how any can stomach DTS or Baz/Tommy/Roger ramble on and sing.  Baz are Tommy are the most uneducated so called sports show 'hosts' that I have ever heard on the radio.  But then again, they defend themselves by saying that their show isn't really always a sports show, so there is an excuse.
K.

AirWarren

sowmonella

Ummm.........Bo ain't on the Buzz.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Hog N Bama

July 29, 2017, 11:06:35 am #26 Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 10:05:45 am by Hog N Bama
I like more sports talk.

hawginbigd1

Not living there for the past 14 years and just visiting 4 to 5 weeks a year I guess Bo is the best option, which is sad, because he is a millennial tool IMO and many times he knows about as much as my mom about college athletics.

AirWarren

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on July 29, 2017, 11:18:02 am
Not living there for the past 14 years and just visiting 4 to 5 weeks a year I guess Bo is the best option, which is sad, because he is a millennial tool IMO and many times he knows about as much as my mom about college athletics.

Sad that Nwa people think they have better radio than central.

It's all mediocre.

GuvHog

Quote from: sowmonella on July 28, 2017, 09:53:43 am
Ummm.........Bo ain't on the Buzz.

His show would be an improvement for the Buzz in that time slot.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

1highhog

Quote from: GuvHog on July 29, 2017, 11:31:29 am
His show would be an improvement for the Buzz in that time slot.

My crap knows more about sports than the buzz and little bo all rolled up and put together.

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: ricepig on July 27, 2017, 05:04:57 pm
Covers for the OL/DL, I'm sure to lessen the constant blows of helmet to helmet between them.
https://twitter.com/Shadid13/status/890691793645428737

Oh!  I get it.  So, like,  One receiver went long,  and then another one came out short to the side,  and it was expected he would get the ball, but then the receiver that went long, stopped short, and came back for the ball.  So it was a double trickery dickery type thingie.  cool. 
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

HogHomer

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on July 29, 2017, 10:39:04 pm
Oh!  I get it.  So, like,  One receiver went long,  and then another one came out short to the side,  and it was expected he would get the ball, but then the receiver that went long, stopped short, and came back for the ball.  So it was a double trickery dickery type thingie.  cool.
Maybe I'm missing a joke or reference but the route is simply just a comeback route with a flat under it. Not really any more trickery than normal route concepts.

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: HogHomer on July 30, 2017, 01:06:31 am
Maybe I'm missing a joke or reference but the route is simply just a comeback route with a flat under it. Not really any more trickery than normal route concepts.

I wasn't making a joke.  I love razorback football,  but I don't look into the details of route running,  so I am not familiar with what is a normal tricky route and what isn't.  I thought it was a cool route.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

HogHomer

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on July 30, 2017, 01:12:10 pm
I wasn't making a joke.  I love razorback football,  but I don't look into the details of route running,  so I am not familiar with what is a normal tricky route and what isn't.  I thought it was a cool route.
Gotcha. It's a pretty deadly route when you have a receiver who can cut on a dime and if the WR and QB have great timing

Boardon Hamsay

That's the best part of Bo's show.

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on July 27, 2017, 05:54:09 pm
Huh, that's radio gold. Any radio host would be crazy to stop that kind of entertainment

Agreed.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

hogsanity

It might be nice to hear a caller actually make sense instead of the usual " Yea ummm, well, umm, ya know, what, umm ,errr, yea, umm, well what I mean umm errr yea is well ummm I mean ya know, all I ummm err am saying is ummm well, ya know ........................................... "
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jkstock04

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on July 29, 2017, 11:18:02 am
The best thing about his show are the quality and caliber of the guests he brings on. They almost always come with unbiased informed opinions and high profile. I don't know of any other show that brings on quality quests like that.

If it wasn't for that it would be flat out awful. Nothing but biased homer viewpoints and making fun of other schools and coaches that stomp a hole in our team. I had to shut it off the other day because it was embarrassing to listen to.

And these kids he has working for them...lol oh man, just nasally high pitched voices with wannabe Cali accents...awful, worst radio voices ever. If i can catch the show when he has a guest on I listen but that's about it.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys