Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who has the best media guide cover?

Started by bennyl08, July 09, 2017, 06:51:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bennyl08

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-media-guide-covers-2017/

I think Bama's is the best. Stylistic without over doing. Doesn't look too cheesy either.

Next tier I'd put the Hogs, OM, MSU, aggies and Vols. OM really going for the nostalgia look this year, which can't be an accident IMO. Looks good though.

Next up are the fairly generic ones with UF, UGA, Kent, SC, and Vandy. I'd put vandy in the above tier but it's too whited out of a cover. SC almost fell into the next tier.

Lastly, these are the bad ones. Auburn, LSU, and Mizz. Missouri's is by far the worst while LSU's is the best of the worst.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

rhames

I like ole miss.

Auburn looks like a poster to some horrible $.99 movie at wal mart

And mizzou. Wow.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

factchecker

Something to consider is that some of the media guides (maybe all) are just supplemental - only to be used during SEC media days.  I think missouri's media guide is a prime example of this:

Last season this was our cover for SEC media days:

and this was the final cover:

This is the current media guide cover being used for SEC media day:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

247Hog

Auburn guide looks like someone took a pic of Gus on the port a potty.

I like South Carolina's the best.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

hog.goblin

Quote from: rhames on July 09, 2017, 06:53:34 pm
I like ole miss.

And mizzou. Wow.

Spot on

MissippHog

Gus is the only coach on the cover.  In addition to that, his head is about 3 times as big as the players that share the cover with him.  Seems appropriate.

younghog

AUBURNS is horrible.. and why put the COACH on it.. is a bit selfish..
GO HOGS

onebadrubi

Quote from: MissippHog on July 10, 2017, 12:51:46 pm
Gus is the only coach on the cover.  In addition to that, his head is about 3 times as big as the players that share the cover with him.  Seems appropriate.

A coach that feels the need to be on the face of the media guide.  That should tell you enough about him as a coach and a person!  What a DA

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

BigE_23

Gus looks like that a creepy guy that I would tell my kids not to talk to at the park...

onebadrubi

Quote from: BigE_23 on July 10, 2017, 01:36:39 pm
Gus looks like that a creepy guy that I would tell my kids not to talk to at the park...

He wants to be more important than anything there, the school, any player, etc. 

AugustaHog

He looks like he's holding in a nasty fart.  I think the only time that I see a coach being on the cover is if you are doing a tribute to them (final season, reaching a milestone, etc.) or you are a new coach.  Even then, I prefer players or something highlighting the school.  The AU cover looks like a bad photoshop job.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

With all that went down (SJW Antics) over the last two years that hurt Missouri, I can only hope the trend continues.
You want to reward snowflakes, liars, and flim flam artists?
Fine.  Reap the harvest.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

sowmonella

He is that guy.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 10, 2017, 01:47:30 pm
He wants to be more important than anything there, the school, any player, etc. 
Petrino was on the cover of the 09 Arkansas media guide.

garagelifter

You notice self promoting Gus. Only coach on the media guide

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

RyeHogFan

The guy from SDS says A&M's cover is his favorite but it's just really boring to me

go hogues

Bias aside, I think ours is the cleanest, followed by Tennessee.

Mizzou, Auburn and UK are awful.

The rest are meh.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Großer Kriegschwein

I like ole miss.

You should see the dark web version. Has the going rate for each position ala Silk Road style.

Unfortunately their players are too stupid to find it.

This is my non-signature signature.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on July 10, 2017, 06:20:21 pm
You should see the dark web version. Has the going rate for each position ala Silk Road style.

Do share

ChitownHawg

Quote from: bennyl08 on July 09, 2017, 06:51:37 pm
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-media-guide-covers-2017/

I think Bama's is the best. Stylistic without over doing. Doesn't look too cheesy either.

Next tier I'd put the Hogs, OM, MSU, aggies and Vols. OM really going for the nostalgia look this year, which can't be an accident IMO. Looks good though.

Next up are the fairly generic ones with UF, UGA, Kent, SC, and Vandy. I'd put vandy in the above tier but it's too whited out of a cover. SC almost fell into the next tier.

Lastly, these are the bad ones. Auburn, LSU, and Mizz. Missouri's is by far the worst while LSU's is the best of the worst.

Agree with your bottom list. Phew, those were high schoolish bad.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: SamBuckhart on July 11, 2017, 05:46:58 am
Arkansas.   Aubburn is a joke.

From that photo I think we can safely transfer the nickname "The Dork" to Gus.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Mizzous looks like it was created by middle schoolers in a beginners multimedia class
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: RyeHogFan on July 10, 2017, 05:51:40 pm
The guy from SDS says A&M's cover is his favorite but it's just really boring to me
Yeah I don't really see it. As much as I hate Ole miss, I have to admit that theirs is pretty nice. Looks like one of those promotional movie posters that you see in a theatre hallway
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

rhames

Hahahahaha. I don't think ole miss players would like to be paid in bit coin.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: rhames on July 11, 2017, 07:18:57 am

Hahahahaha. I don't think ole miss players would like to be paid in bit coin.
Unfortunately (for them) Ole Miss players are COD only. If they paid in bitcoi nmaybe the NCAA wouldn't be in oxford having a sleepover with them

GoHogzzGo

Lol Gus. Pretty sure he is constipated, someone get that man some fiber.

Mizzou's looks like it was made by a five year old.

I like ours.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

GolfnHog

Mizzou is suppose to be one of the top journalism schools in the nation yet I think that cover is a microcosm of what journalism and media has become; meh!
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Cementhog

I would say that he looks like a guy living in a van down by the river....but that would be a step up for that guy
Little Lebowski Urban Achiever Class of 86

TebowHater

Gus's head is so big he doesn't even make an effort to hide how big his head is

bennyl08

Sounds like something you'd find on 4chan, not the dark web. Way to sound edgy and earn internet tough points though.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

HillBillyHogfan

I like LSU the best...

Remove Auburn and Georgia has the worst. Looks like a late 90's X-games ad
Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

Hog N Bama

I like ole miss.

And mizzou. Wow.
Mizzou's looks like it was done in 3 mins lol

Großer Kriegschwein

July 11, 2017, 06:10:42 pm #35 Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 06:27:15 pm by Großer Kriegschwein
Quote from: bennyl08 on July 11, 2017, 01:15:06 pm
Sounds like something you'd find on 4chan, not the dark web. Way to sound edgy and earn internet tough points though.

Sounds like you need a warm cup of "get franked" pee wee.

You're right, I'm not too tough. However, I guarantee I'm 5 times tougher than you. 

Hogwild

I like Ole Miss' the best, but the alternate one is pretty good as well

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Hogwild on July 11, 2017, 06:28:33 pm
I like Ole Miss' the best, but the alternate one is pretty good as well

Lol.

bennyl08

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on July 11, 2017, 06:10:42 pm
Sounds like you need a warm cup of "get franked" pee wee.

You're right, I'm not too tough. However, I guarantee I'm 5 times tougher than you.

You're an angry elf.

Großer Kriegschwein

July 11, 2017, 06:56:37 pm #39 Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 07:07:57 pm by Großer Kriegschwein
Quote from: bennyl08 on July 11, 2017, 06:55:23 pm
You're an angry elf.

Nope. I'm retired and don't have time for tards.

What's your problem skippy? Getting ignored in the politics board? Must be terrible for you to type out 20k word posts and nobody read them.

I quit going there because of you clowns, now you're being stupid in MMQB.

You don't like what I have to say, move on. It's that simple.

Get a life jackass.

bennyl08

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on July 11, 2017, 06:56:37 pm
Nope. I'm retired and don't have time for tards.

You have such little time that you can't even type out the full word like you are some millennial, yet you have plenty of time to post on hogville.

QuoteWhat's your problem skippy? Getting ignored in the politics board? Must be terrible for you to type out 20k word posts and nobody read them.

I quit going there because of you clowns, now you're being stupid in MMQB. 

No problem. Just called out a post trying to sound cool by name dropping the dark web when that doesn't really apply to the subject at all. Never once talked about you the person because I don't care who you the person actually are. For all I know, you weigh 300 pounds and live in your mom's basement as a 30 year old. Or, you could be the toughest, biggest, baddest dude out there. It doesn't matter.

That you get extremely emotional about a perceived attack on your character and proceed to attempt to lash out is very sad. I still read the politics board some, but rarely post any more, mostly due to the blowhards over there. Pretty sure you've been posting there more than I have.

QuoteYou don't like what I have to say, move on. It's that simple.

Irony. You clearly don't like what I have to say, but are making a mountain out of the tiniest molehill. I'm not the one trying to show anybody how tough I am or losing my cool. Still haven't called you any names or lobbed any insults, unless you view quoting a will ferrel child's movie about a grown man raised by elfs as an insult. Admittedly, the character on the receiving end of that quote reacted very similarly to you. If that offended you, apologies, though you may want to work on your anger management. This is a message board not worth a rise in your blood pressure, especially in response to a quote from a child's movie. Life too short to get so easily upset over so little. If you find this to be a recurring issue for you, I'd recommend staying away from here. We like to make jokes and rip on each other here.

QuoteGet a life jackass.

I have one. Job that I enjoy, great friends, a woman I love. Just got back from an amazing trip to Norway and the arctic. Hiked, swam, drank, laughed. Have plans to do all of those over the summer as well. I hope your retirement goes well, too. Sounds like you could use some relaxing hobbies to help you not be so tightly strung. It's summer time. Float lazily down a river, go fishing, climb a mountain, or whatever it is that relaxes you. Maybe do some yoga.

Großer Kriegschwein

July 11, 2017, 08:00:02 pm #41 Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 08:17:39 pm by Großer Kriegschwein
Take your sorry ass back to Politics and piss n moan all you want. DILLIGAF what you post?

And yes I mean deep/dark web, not 4chan, hence the use of Silk Road (someone actually got it with the Bitcoin reference above yet it went right over your conceded head). They aren't even remotely similar. You know, the non indexed internet? The one you have to use the actual address or a shady "engine" to find where you want to go on a Tor browser? Better update the antivirus before you go there type of place?

Not to mention that it would be a good idea to run Linux of a gig stick before going here.

So no, I don't have the foggiest idea what the deep web is.

NuttinItUp

NuttinItUp

That looks like the face he probably makes when taking a dump.

NuttinItUp

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: NuttinItUp on July 11, 2017, 08:31:01 pm
Why are the Aggies wearing pink?

Lol. That's the color of their lingerie. Or so I heard from Bennie.

bennyl08

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on July 11, 2017, 08:00:02 pm
Take your sorry ass back to Politics and piss n moan all you want. DILLIGAF what you post?

And yes I mean deep/dark web, not 4chan, hence the use of Silk Road (someone actually got it with the Bitcoin reference above yet it went right over your conceded head). They aren't even remotely similar. You know, the non indexed internet? The one you have to use the actual address or a shady "engine" to find where you want to go on a Tor browser? Better update the antivirus before you go there type of place?

Not to mention that it would be a good idea to run Linux of a gig stick before going here.

So no, I don't have the foggiest idea what the deep web is.

Your silk road reference didn't go over my head, but whatever if it helps you sleep better at night feeling superior, then go for it. Sounds like you could use some sleep. That or a snickers bar.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: bennyl08 on July 11, 2017, 08:43:01 pm
Your silk road reference didn't go over my head, but whatever if it helps you sleep better at night feeling superior, then go for it. Sounds like you could use some sleep. That or a snickers bar.

Me superior?

You're the one that assumed I didn't know what the dark web was.

aloha_kid

Could of had Rawleigh on the front taking a hand-off with UNCOMMON.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: Surfing8 on July 10, 2017, 02:50:20 pm
The
U N
C O
M M
O N
thing just looks weird.  If it takes you half the page to spell out a word with returns after every 2 letters... c'mon. 

I actually like Tenner's... clean and confident. USC-E looks good as well.  Mizzou's looks retro-sad enough to remind me of that message board they still dwell on from the 1990s.

I think it's time to move on from #Uncommon, anyway. It was great, but it's run its course.