Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Perry decommits

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, July 05, 2017, 09:54:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beachhog

I'm sure a basketball booster has the cash to re-locate his family here for one season.  Anybody heard of the Monk's?  But I'm the type of guy who would hire Ricky Pitino if he gets fired from the Louisville. 

RealHog

Quote from: beachhog on July 10, 2017, 11:23:08 pm
I'm sure a basketball booster has the cash to re-locate his family here for one season.  Anybody heard of the Monk's?  But I'm the type of guy who would hire Ricky Pitino if he gets fired from the Louisville.

Yeah this keeping your nose clean philosophy doesn't look to good after UNC and Louisville get slapped on the wrist for egregious violations. Just gota have a intern/middleman/fall guy ready to go.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: RealHog on July 06, 2017, 08:55:07 pm
I'm waiting until after this season to break out my pitchfork, but at this point it should be a known fact that CMA and his staff can't croot. 2015 whiff, then Monk, then Perry. Very mediocre classes all around. Meanwhile Will Wade at LSU added Two 4 stars in first 60 days.
Uh, excuse me. Every player in that 2018 class is a 4 star on one service or another. Perry was a 4 star also until he became a 5. Just saying...Carry on...
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 06, 2017, 09:22:21 pm
Will Wade has not proven to be a "real" recruiter. He may be off to a good start but far, far from proven.
Anything to bash Coach Anderson and his staff.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: bkjbearcat on July 07, 2017, 09:43:14 am
I really don't know if Wade is a good recruiter. Nor will I prop him up. I just know Anderson ISN'T a good recruiter and I'm tired of seeing mediocre classes and being told how great they are.

Without Perry the 2018 class isn't impressive. According to 247, one 4 and two 3's. The 2017 class one 4, three 3's. That class will only get you to 3rd or 4th in the SEC, and bounced in the first round of the NCAA's or the NIT. And the frustrating thing is many fans thought these two classes would bring Arkansas to former glory. Doesn't seem like the case now. 

And I will go on record now. If MA doesn't make it to the sweet 16 this year I want him fired. Arkansas should and can do better then him.
Oh, so not it's gone from making to the tournament to making the Sweet 16? Next in line the national championship.

HogFoo

Quote from: redneckfriend on July 09, 2017, 09:39:12 pm
It's always seems to be a "big suitcase" when things don't go as we would like. It's a good story anyway to avoid reality. Maybe the better explanation is that he just decided the grass was greener elsewhere and the "Arkansas is my Kentucky" was a little bit of self deception to justify his decision to himself (because really- who in their right mind would buy that) and he was a little embarrassed and wanted to get the whole unpleasant business over with very quickly, perhaps too quickly- sort of like any 17 year old. Fans need to face it- when it comes to high end talent in basketball (less so in football) the "big suitcase" theory is pretty weak- all a coach needs to do is convince a kid he will get him into the lottery- that is a lot bigger suitcase than any college program can offer.
actually the big suitcase happens more often than you obviously know about.   Crapilari did it a lot. At every school he's been too.  I have no doubt he'll be caught at UK eventually.  The thing is, a school like UK, they already recruited pretty well.  So, he wouldnt have had to have did it much there before then being able to use the kids who had came in the past (and were paid) and then saying if you come here youll be the next in line to be in the Nba.  Now, Crapilari doesnt have to do that sort of thing as often. haha  Cuz now, he's had enough nba talent come thru UK he can try to make everyone think that he did it just because he is a great recruiter.  But, everyone knows he is dirty! 

Every school does it or has done it tho.  Same in football.   Saban at bama doesnt have to do it now, but we all know bama used to pay.  auburn bought $cam Newton. It happens all the time still.   i actually was making a joke about Perry and the big suitcase.  but, don't think that this type of thing doesnt still happen in todays world. because i can assure you that it still does.    And really, who could blame a coach for doing it?  IF they dont win enough games, they are going to be fired anyways. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

98hogs

Quote from: HogFoo on July 13, 2017, 03:49:51 am
actually the big suitcase happens more often than you obviously know about.   Crapilari did it a lot. At every school he's been too.  I have no doubt he'll be caught at UK eventually.  The thing is, a school like UK, they already recruited pretty well.  So, he wouldnt have had to have did it much there before then being able to use the kids who had came in the past (and were paid) and then saying if you come here youll be the next in line to be in the Nba.  Now, Crapilari doesnt have to do that sort of thing as often. haha  Cuz now, he's had enough nba talent come thru UK he can try to make everyone think that he did it just because he is a great recruiter.  But, everyone knows he is dirty! 

Every school does it or has done it tho.  Same in football.   Saban at bama doesnt have to do it now, but we all know bama used to pay.  auburn bought $cam Newton. It happens all the time still.   i actually was making a joke about Perry and the big suitcase.  but, don't think that this type of thing doesnt still happen in todays world. because i can assure you that it still does.    And really, who could blame a coach for doing it?  IF they dont win enough games, they are going to be fired anyways. 
Former grad asst to Calipari at KY told friend ....... so what, we will win 3 Natl Championships before we get caught.  That suitcase with cash is real.

Nosboar Accubond

HogFoo

http://elevatehoops.com/portfolio/reggie-perry-speaks-on-decommitment-programs-that-have-reached-out/

"
July 14, 2017

By: Julius Kim

Spartanburg, SC – Class of 2018 forward Reggie Perry had a solid morning outing at the Adidas Uprising against Indiana Elite. The 6-foot-9 Georgia native showed his ability to put the ball on the floor, rebound on both ends, and his aggressiveness inside. The five-star product spoke about his recent decision to decommit from Arkansas and the latest surrounding his recruitment.

"Really, I just wanted to be closer to home," he said. "It's always family first so that's why I decided to back off a little bit and reconsider," he added.
He quickly touched on how the recruiting process will be different this time around.
"I'm just going to think things through more thoroughly; it's a little tougher; it's a lot of pressure but really it's just the same," he stated. "I'm just going back to the drawing board; square one," added Perry.
The Kansas Jayhawks were one of the first programs to reach out to Perry since his decision. He briefly spoke about what their message has been to him.
"They were just like I fit well in their system and they told me about all of the one and dones they had and asked me if I wanted to be a one and done and I said of course and they said they were going to come out and see me."
The Arkansas Hawks prospect shared his thoughts on Florida State as the Seminoles also reached out to him as well.
"I really like their facilities, the coaching staff, great players would be around me if I went there."

So saw that tweeted out this morning.  So wants to be closer to home yet, Kansas is one of the schools that has reached out to him?  Very weird. Mentions nothing of father's illness. Makes it seem like it's no big deal about his decommit.  I mean, wow.  Perhaps, I'm looking at it wrong.  But, I don't think father's health has anything to do with it after reading that.  Very sad.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Hawg Red

1,063 miles (16 hour drive) from Thomasville, GA to Lawrence, KS.

Just sayin'....

He shouldn't even be considering Kansas if he just wants to stay closer to home, but of course he's talking out of both sides of mouth on this. Basically, he just wants to see what else is out there and I think the dad's situation is being used by the family as the out to do so.

Hawg Red

Quote from: HogFoo on July 14, 2017, 09:08:25 am
http://elevatehoops.com/portfolio/reggie-perry-speaks-on-decommitment-programs-that-have-reached-out/

"
July 14, 2017

By: Julius Kim

Spartanburg, SC – Class of 2018 forward Reggie Perry had a solid morning outing at the Adidas Uprising against Indiana Elite. The 6-foot-9 Georgia native showed his ability to put the ball on the floor, rebound on both ends, and his aggressiveness inside. The five-star product spoke about his recent decision to decommit from Arkansas and the latest surrounding his recruitment.

"Really, I just wanted to be closer to home," he said. "It's always family first so that's why I decided to back off a little bit and reconsider," he added.
He quickly touched on how the recruiting process will be different this time around.
"I'm just going to think things through more thoroughly; it's a little tougher; it's a lot of pressure but really it's just the same," he stated. "I'm just going back to the drawing board; square one," added Perry.
The Kansas Jayhawks were one of the first programs to reach out to Perry since his decision. He briefly spoke about what their message has been to him.
"They were just like I fit well in their system and they told me about all of the one and dones they had and asked me if I wanted to be a one and done and I said of course and they said they were going to come out and see me."
The Arkansas Hawks prospect shared his thoughts on Florida State as the Seminoles also reached out to him as well.
"I really like their facilities, the coaching staff, great players would be around me if I went there."

So saw that tweeted out this morning.  So wants to be closer to home yet, Kansas is one of the schools that has reached out to him?  Very weird. Mentions nothing of father's illness. Makes it seem like it's no big deal about his decommit.  I mean, wow.  Perhaps, I'm looking at it wrong.  But, I don't think father's health has anything to do with it after reading that.  Very sad.

Getting harder and harder to buy the father's health as the reason for decommitting. You say you decommitted to stay close to home (and reiterated that here) but then you talk about going back to square one and thinking things through more thoroughly.....yet you're talking about Kansas? Give me a break.

azhog10

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 14, 2017, 09:13:23 am
Getting harder and harder to buy the father's health as the reason for decommitting. You say you decommitted to stay close to home (and reiterated that here) but then you talk about going back to square one and thinking things through more thoroughly.....yet you're talking about Kansas? Give me a break.
The crazy part is where he said he needed to back off and reconsider. Almost like he's still considering all his options, including Arkansas. I agree the initial reason is coming off less and less likely. I think it may have been an easy statement and their way of letting us down nicely and keeping the option open vs. coming out and saying "yeah i'm starting to get more offers and although Arkansas is my Kansas or Kentucky, they aren't Kansas or Kentucky and Kansas wants me".

Hawg Red

Quote from: azhog10 on July 14, 2017, 09:22:33 am
The crazy part is where he said he needed to back off and reconsider. Almost like he's still considering all his options, including Arkansas. I agree the initial reason is coming off less and less likely. I think it may have been an easy statement and their way of letting us down nicely and keeping the option open vs. coming out and saying "yeah i'm starting to get more offers and although Arkansas is my Kansas or Kentucky, they aren't Kansas or Kentucky and Kansas wants me".

I'd love to hear/read him say he's still considering Arkansas. I don't think we'll get that. Above all else, I just want to feel like I'm being fed the truth and not some BS.

mizzouman

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 14, 2017, 09:13:23 am
Nothing from what I read here tells me this guy is considering ku, rather, ku is considering him.

Hawg Red

Quote from: mizzouman on July 14, 2017, 09:46:19 am
Nothing from what I read here tells me this guy is considering ku, rather, ku is considering him.

He's considering Kansas if he read everything he said and read between the lines.

azhog10

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 14, 2017, 09:29:51 am
I'd love to hear/read him say he's still considering Arkansas. I don't think we'll get that. Above all else, I just want to feel like I'm being fed the truth and not some BS.
I would too. But no we won't. I think he was "swayed" in some way at these showcases and on his way overseas. It just doesn't add up.

azhog10

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 14, 2017, 09:10:20 am

Just sayin'....

He shouldn't even be considering Kansas if he just wants to stay closer to home, but of course he's talking out of both sides of mouth on this. Basically, he just wants to see what else is out there and I think the dad's situation is being used by the family as the out to do so.
Definitely agree. Also think Kevin would say as much but is taking the high road.

3kgthog

As Hog fans we've learned more than many about recruit and coach bs. Most with a grasp on reality knew how this would end when the decommit rumor thread got started.

Lil ole Arkansas got put in RP's ear by other recruits and coaches and now here we are. It feels like we're the short, chubby kid that can ball a little but gets picked last on the playground due to perceptions.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: 3kgthog on July 14, 2017, 01:29:01 pm
As Hog fans we've learned more than many about recruit and coach bs. Most with a grasp on reality knew how this would end when the decommit rumor thread got started.

Lil ole Arkansas got put in RP's ear by other recruits and coaches and now here we are. It feels like we're the short, chubby kid that can ball a little but gets picked last on the playground due to perceptions.

Haha, I was that chubby kid but I could really ball though!

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 14, 2017, 09:10:20 am

Just sayin'....

Maybe these new schools offer his parents better jobs, a new home or better yet a suitcase full of money.

HognitiveDissonance

A healthy dose of skepticism is warranted with the 'my dad is sick'.
But I'm sure there is a bit of truth to it.
I'm not too interested in what the quotes are right now.
I'll just see where he signs the dotted line, and that will tell me everything. Actions speak louder than words.
If he signs 'close' to home, then his story will be ok. If he ends up at KU, KY, NC, Duke, etc etc then we'll know otherwise.
"It don't mean nothin' till they sign it on the dotted line"---Richard Marx

ADavisTheGOAT

That would make this worse than Monk if he were to commit to Kansas.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Soooie21

I guess his father is doing much better..

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Soooie21 on July 14, 2017, 03:05:55 pm
I guess his father is doing much better..

I think we all knew that reason was bogus.   

poloprince

Man damn dude and let it go.
$PoLoPrInCe$

Pig in the Pokey

man, if this dude goes to kentucky or kansas i'mma bash him so hard.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Soooie21

hogfanny

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on July 14, 2017, 02:08:16 pm
Maybe these new schools offer his parents better jobs, a new home or better yet a suitcase full of money.
Ain't you glad we have the almighty ncaa to take care of things like that?

Soooie21

Quote from: hogfanny on July 14, 2017, 07:18:11 pm
Ain't you glad we have the almighty ncaa to take care of things like that?
Money talks..

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

HogFoo

I had posted about this this morning in the RP threads.    :puke:
I mean, when I saw that about Kansas.  It basically confirmed what everyone , including myself had worried about was happening.  And now, I just saw where UK was also in contact with him.  Wow.  If RP goes to Kentucky or Kansas.   That may be worse than what the Monks pulled. And I never thought anything would be worse.  But, who knows.maybe the kid will still end up a Hog. I'm not gonna get totally angry until he actually does commit to one of these schools "closer home" than Arkansas. Haha..

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: HogFoo on July 15, 2017, 12:00:13 am
I had posted about this this morning in the RP threads.    :puke:
I mean, when I saw that about Kansas.  It basically confirmed what everyone , including myself had worried about was happening.  And now, I just saw where UK was also in contact with him.  Wow.  If RP goes to Kentucky or Kansas.   That may be worse than what the Monks pulled. And I never thought anything would be worse.  But, who knows.maybe the kid will still end up a Hog. I'm not gonna get totally angry until he actually does commit to one of these schools "closer home" than Arkansas. Haha..
Hogs are out

Hogimus Prime

My gut feeling is Perry ends up at Kansas.  The whole Kansas asking him if he wants to be a one and done is telling him what he wants to hear, not what he needs to hear.  I will get bashed for this but Perry is not a one and done.  Perry is a tweener.  He had a great skill set but lacks that explosive athleticism for the next level and that will hurt him.  Schools like Kentucky and Kansas can talk all day about their one and dones but they didn't develop or turn those kids into one and dones those kids were going pro after a year regardless but there is that perception that to be a one and done you have to go to a Kentucky, Kansas or Duke. Coach Cal had WCS for three years and the dude was still the same player he was the first day on campus, just an athletic 7 footer. Any other school like Arkansas or a Ole Miss and the scouts would have knocked WSC cause his a 3rd year college player with no skill set but since he was from Kentucky is a full of potential. 

TheRazorback500

Perry (and his father) are dead to me. I'm moving on.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on July 15, 2017, 08:55:48 am
My gut feeling is Perry ends up at Kansas.  The whole Kansas asking him if he wants to be a one and done is telling him what he wants to hear, not what he needs to hear.  I will get bashed for this but Perry is not a one and done.  Perry is a tweener.  He had a great skill set but lacks that explosive athleticism for the next level and that will hurt him.  Schools like Kentucky and Kansas can talk all day about their one and dones but they didn't develop or turn those kids into one and dones those kids were going pro after a year regardless but there is that perception that to be a one and done you have to go to a Kentucky, Kansas or Duke. Coach Cal had WCS for three years and the dude was still the same player he was the first day on campus, just an athletic 7 footer. Any other school like Arkansas or a Ole Miss and the scouts would have knocked WSC cause his a 3rd year college player with no skill set but since he was from Kentucky is a full of potential.

Perry should stay away from Kansas if he is going to be one and done. I think he's a one and done type of talent. The Lawson brothers have a similar skill set as Perry, he should avoid Kansas at all cost. I really think Perry started seeing the elite talent in the circuit and comparing them to the talent for the hawks. The other kids on the Hawks are solid but not exceptional compared to some other club teams. There are certain programs that offer opportunities for the gifted and talented. The other Razorback signers are regular players. Perry has decided that he is a honor player and he doesn't want to compete with regular players.

HawgTide

Quote from: Hogfan991 on July 14, 2017, 02:53:24 pm
That would make this worse than Monk if he were to commit to Kansas.

No, worse would be Kentucky and that scumbag Calipari

Soooie21

Quote from: HawgTide on July 15, 2017, 09:58:22 am

No, worse would be Kentucky and that scumbag Calipari
One and done, is killing college basketball....

Waldron_Hog

Just like he has a right to decommit, they have a right ro bitch about it.

Kevin McPherson

batmanfan

Not recommit because a couple of fans of twitter? Lol. Sounds like drama. Any school in the country would have the same reaction.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

FineAsSwine

I believe that some of these so called fan's are making messed up comments to recruits and family members knowing that it will hurt our recruiting.

MemphisBossHog

wow. based on what the mom said on twitter, I think its safe to assume that ARK is not going to get him.   Its too bad.  Mike got on him early, saw how good he could be, offered a schollie and he verbally committed.  Now he feels he is too "bigtime" for little ole ARK and wants to see which blue blood program will offer him the best situation.   Apparently he uses the "Dad is not doing well healthwise" excuse which--if true--is understandable. 

But when he started talking about Kansas, the kid just lost all credibility and the sad thing is that he can do that cause he can "ball" in high school and Bill Self will take him even though he is a liar.  Calipari will take him, of course, if he hasnt already filled up with 5 star recruits. 

Its just too bad that the mom had to get mad and start saying what she said.  ARK has no chance now--not that we had a shot anymore anyway, but its a done deal now.  I feel bad for Mike A, but then again, its his job to see that this does not happen and like Monk, he will lose once again to KY or KAN or someone of that nature.

But I am curious, the kid seems pretty intelligent.  The mom, even though she was mad as a hornet, tweeted like she is fairly intelligent.  How can they with a straight face say that the kid wants to be closer to home and then talk about Kansas?  Dont they know how bad that looks?  Ultimately I guess they truly dont care what ARK thinks.  They just said whatever they could think of to back out of a situation that they wanted to get out of.

Kevin McPherson

Rocky&Boarwinkle

I think that is what the problem is. People get more angry when criticism hits too close to home. And if she thinks Arkansas fans are rough, wait til he changes his mind about Kentucky or Duke or Kansas. I wish idiots would be quiet on twitter, but the comments I have seen have been about the bogus staying close to home reason. If they would've just said, we are getting a lot of attention now and committed too soon, like Ford in football, I don't think they would be getting twitter attention.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: The ColonelHog on July 16, 2017, 12:03:38 pm
If any of you have ever travelled around the country and actually lived in other states for any period of time, you would know the perception of the state is not that great and the twitter idiots reinforced that perception.  It's sad that a few dumb arspes on twitter set the young lady off but it exemplifies how a fan base can hurt recruiting.  It doesn't matter why the young man decommitted but it's pretty sad the backlash on twitter occurred.  The young lady was right, her son isn't property and has a right to do and go whatever and where ever he chooses.  UA was fortunate to be in the bunt for the young man and I credit MA with that.  His decommit?  I credit jackasses on twitter with that!

100% disagree with this. Every fanbase has fans that will take to social media and gripe about players de-committing, nothing amplified by Arkansas fans here, IMO. Sure, there are a few who will go overboard, but again that's not exclusive to Hog fans, and it certainly had ZERO to do with his de-commitment.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on July 16, 2017, 12:35:35 pm
100% disagree with this. Every fanbase has fans that will take to social media and gripe about players de-committing, nothing amplified by Arkansas fans here, IMO. Sure, there are a few who will go overboard, but again that's not exclusive to Hog fans, and it certainly had ZERO to do with his de-commitment.

Any vibes from the coaching staff about the decommitment?

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: FineAsSwine on July 16, 2017, 02:52:32 pm
Any vibes from the coaching staff about the decommitment?

I haven't asked.

rolyat_2008

The people that have his ear and his family don't want him at Arkansas. Don't get played by all the PR they put out about Arkansas.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: The ColonelHog on July 16, 2017, 09:44:01 pm
You have a better grip on recruiting than I so I can't argue your point.  The only difference in what you stated is perception.  I've lived extended periods of time in several states and the perception of the state was the same in each state I lived in.  I love this state so I was offended but at the end of the day, it wasn't the de-commit I was referencing, it was the mother's tweets.  She made a few references to the perceptions I've heard during my travels.  Not every state and fan base is PERCIEVED the same way and the mother touched some points I've heard often from non-Arkansans.  In my opinion, it's just hard for a BB coach at UA to reverse the perception and get kids to come here when a small minority of the fan base reinforces the perception.  Location matters to these kids, black, urban kids...  who are the majority of the basketball world.  I just think it is silly for people to take to social media and question kids who sign elsewhere and it's not a good look for any program.
Well, sonce you have knowledge on the subject, share with the rest of the  class what the worl thinks about lowly arkansas
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.