Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bizarre (Mike Leach)

Started by hvsupastar, November 30, 2017, 01:36:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cotton

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 30, 2017, 03:49:03 pm
If I recall correctly that young man happened to be the son of former SMU slime bag, New England Patriot, and ESPN employee Craig James.
You are correct sir.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

31to6

If I recall correctly that young man happened to be the son of former SMU slime bag, New England Patriot, and ESPN employee Craig James.
Nm.. I was way wrong..

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Hogsmo Kramer

We could do much worse than Leach.

I can dig it.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

HoggieStyle

I'd take Leach over Morris all day long.

twistitup

Where is Craig these days?

That crap out at TT hurt the the career of Leach and James
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

EastexHawg

Quote from: Cotton on November 30, 2017, 01:41:23 pm
I'll never forget that spoiled kid at Texas Tech that was trying to get out of practice with concussion symptoms and said he needed to be in a dark room (he wanted to go to his dorm and play Xbox) so Leach put him in an equipment shed lololol.

The only word that came to mind when I looked at him was PUNK.  And yes, I sometimes judge books by their covers.

EastexHawg

Quote from: twistitup on November 30, 2017, 04:49:48 pm
Where is Craig these days?

That crap out at TT hurt the the career of Leach and James

Not to mention the Texas Tech program

JOKERHOG

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 30, 2017, 01:38:14 pm
He's also crazy as a darn house rat.

We need the mad scientist type.  He will fit in perfectly here...
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

DZ

Quote from: HoopS on November 30, 2017, 03:29:54 pm
He sued Texas Tech. I suspect that limits which schools touch hm.
Correct ATM won't touch him nor any other Texas school, and I'd bet he wouldn't touch them either.

GoHogzzGo

Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

porkerfinger

Leach would be entertaining, and probably successful, here.

Definitely a "mad scientist" type.

I would not be upset if he became the head coach.

johnny cash

Fade Away

Arkansas cannot run over SEC teams. The last six years have proven that. We can't recruit the types of big bodies to line up and ram it down your throat.
We have to be unique on offense to compete. We have to out-scheme the other teams.
Who is more unique than Mike Leach? His offense is proven to work in the SEC. He can recruit the type of players he needs to fit his system. He doesn't have to have 4 or 5
star players to win.
If he can win in the middle of nowhere(Lubbock), and down the road from the middle of nowhere(Pullman), he can win here.
Most of Arkansas high schools are running spread offenses now. Combine that with the fact that Leach's system caters to the smaller, quicker type of athlete, and you possibly have more Arkansas kids being recruited. There is not a lot of 6'6, 300 pounders walking around our high schools.
Leach would bring excitement back into the football program. So what if he has his quirks? Don't we all?
On the James deal, there are always two sides to every story. I think he will eventually get his money for being wrongfully terminated.
I don't see how he is not, at the very least, plan b, if Gus turns it down.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 30, 2017, 03:00:50 pm
Leach would be like hooking up with your ex.  It'll start off fun for a while, but you know it's eventually going to end badly.

They all end badly.
[CENSORED]!

SavoySeamster

He'd never make it through the first season. The way folks drive nowadays, he'd get mowed down in short order. He likes to walk to work. Truth.
"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes."

HoggyCat

Didn't he lock a player in an outdoor storage building?
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on November 30, 2017, 03:39:23 pm
mine would be
1. Gus- even though not a personal fan of his
2. Kiffin- same as above
3. Leach
4. Norvell
5. Venables
6. Brohm
7.Miles
8. Strong
999. Morris

Your top 6 are solid.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 30, 2017, 03:40:21 pm
That's a fair point.  Kind of reminds me of what Gaff said at the end of Blade Runner, "She won't last, but who does?"

I loved the original.  I need to watch the new one.

hoglady

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 30, 2017, 02:01:30 pm
isn't he the guy that got fired for hitting a player and locking him in a closet or some such?

yeah, I don't think we need a nut case to run our program.

Don't think Leach was ever accused of hitting the kid.
And the James kid finally admitted in a deposition (I believe) he was lying about some of the specifics and thought the whole thing was funny. Spoiled brat kid gets a coach fired, his reputation trashed over an overblown incident.
That's why Leach has sued TT for back pay.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

That metrics guy on Bo's show this week said Leach was the best fit for our program (per his analytics and metrics).
And of the coaches he mentioned Chad Morris would be the worst hire.

Looks like Leach is going to Tenner anyway.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

DZ

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 30, 2017, 09:23:23 pm
Didn't he lock a player in an outdoor storage building?
When leach is going 11-2 at tenn and we are going 8-4 with Gus, who's laughing?