Pages:
Actions
  • #101 by sowmonella on 11 Apr 2017
  • SEZ not NEZ.
  • #102 by ricepig on 11 Apr 2017
  • Dont know what's happening there at KARK4 but the construction is nowhere near being ready to "lift the new SEZ scoreboard into place."

Yeah, it did seem a little premature..........but the crane can be seen tonight from the north camera.
  • #103 by GoHogzzGo on 11 Apr 2017
  • Yeah, it did seem a little premature..........but the crane can be seen tonight from the north camera.

Interesting yeah I still don't see anything except the crane.
  • #104 by ricepig on 11 Apr 2017
  • Interesting yeah I still don't see anything except the crane.

I thought I saw workers up on the top earlier today after he posted the link.
  • #105 by NWAHog479 on 12 Apr 2017
  • Those are beams that will be used to support the frame, you won't be able to see the columns when the concrete is poured.
  • #106 by Polecat on 12 Apr 2017
  • I guess if we make the Super Bowl I'll feel better about snipers.  Belk Bowl, not so much.

The snipers in the Belk Bowl were the members of the UA coaching staff. In the second half, anyway
  • #107 by Boss Hog in the Arkansas on 12 Apr 2017
  • Its really coming along guys! a few days ago they were still hauling dirt out of both ends of the wall, now its just a few days away from being level all the way across

• #108 by secneahog on 13 Apr 2017
  • Its really coming along guys! a few days ago they were still hauling dirt out of both ends of the wall, now its just a few days away from being level all the way across

Love the pics, keep them coming.  I can only imagine how much dirt, was hauled out of there.

Everytime we have nice weather here in NorthEast Ar, I think about guys getting that stadium done!  WPS
  • #109 by Boss Hog in the Arkansas on 13 Apr 2017
  • Love the pics, keep them coming.  I can only imagine how much dirt, was hauled out of there.

Everytime we have nice weather here in NorthEast Ar, I think about guys getting that stadium done!  WPS
    We would've been even further along if not for all the rain this past month. They weren't able to get much done in December either between the rain/snow, Christmas and new years. When you factor all that in, they've done quite a lot
  • #110 by secneahog on 13 Apr 2017
  • We would've been even further along if not for all the rain this past month. They weren't able to get much done in December either between the rain/snow, Christmas and new years. When you factor all that in, they've done quite a lot

oh yeah, really the spring and summer, is when work gets done. They have done some nice work, for the bad weather.
    I helped build the 10 story JB Hunt building, down the road in Rogers. Would have been fun to work on a piece of history. Especially when school is in session   :)
  • #111 by ricepig on 13 Apr 2017
  • We would've been even further along if not for all the rain this past month. They weren't able to get much done in December either between the rain/snow, Christmas and new years. When you factor all that in, they've done quite a lot

Huh? They work almost every day, they are on schedule.
  • #112 by Jackrabbit Hog on 13 Apr 2017
  • Huh? They work almost every day, they are on schedule.

That's true.  Over Christmas, I saw at least 40 guys leaning on shovels and smoking cigarettes at the site. 
  • #113 by Boss Hog in the Arkansas on 13 Apr 2017
  • That's true.  Over Christmas, I saw at least 40 guys leaning on shovels and smoking cigarettes at the site.
    Just went back and looked at the site over Christmas. No one was there. Between Dec 23 and 26th, there were only a handful of guys on site, so for the most part the site wasn't in action
  • #114 by ricepig on 13 Apr 2017
  • Just went back and looked at the site over Christmas. No one was there. Between Dec 23 and 26th, there were only a handful of guys on site, so for the most part the site wasn't in action

Don't doubt J'Rabb, he'll soon post you a picture of the guys leaning on their shovels.
  • #115 by Hawgar The Horrible on 13 Apr 2017
  • That's a lot of QuickCrete.
  • #116 by ricepig on 13 Apr 2017
  • That's a lot of QuickCrete.

They punch a hole and pour some concrete in it, I'm wanting to see floors and steel being hung.
  • #117 by Jackrabbit Hog on 13 Apr 2017
  • Don't doubt J'Rabb, he'll soon post you a picture of the guys leaning on their shovels.

It just so happens I had my trusty Nikon super zoom lens with me that day...
  • #118 by Boss Hog in the Arkansas on 13 Apr 2017
  • I have pictures too, but with date and time stamps. No one was there, according to the stadium cam, but im human so I could easily be wrong

• #119 by ricepig on 13 Apr 2017
  • I have pictures too, but with date and time stamps. No one was there, according to the stadium cam, but im human so I could easily be wrong

You obviously never worked a job in high school or college in which you avoided working, you hid from the boss, or in the case, the cameras.
  • #120 by LZH on 13 Apr 2017
  • Looks like my board of directors.
  • #121 by Jackrabbit Hog on 13 Apr 2017
  • Looks like my board of directors.

Don't be modest.  We know that's you, third from the right in the spiffy hat.
  • #122 by ricepig on 13 Apr 2017
  • #123 by LZH on 13 Apr 2017
  • Don't be modest.  We know that's you, third from the right in the spiffy hat.

Hey, I always was the best dressed....I mean, the boss has to play the part, yeah?
  • #124 by Boss Hog in the Arkansas on 14 Apr 2017
  • Don't be modest.  We know that's you, third from the right in the spiffy hat.
    ;D
  • #125 by ricepig on 14 Apr 2017
  • #126 by GoHogzzGo on 14 Apr 2017
  • https://twitter.com/ChrisFreet/status/852906930263773184

Very cool, little love for the SEZ. Glad we will now have big video boards on both ends.
  • #127 by ricepig on 15 Apr 2017
  • Another look of the SEZ big screen structure going up. I'm sure there will be several shots of both ends from today's scrimmage.

https://twitter.com/CoachBreyCook/status/853224117377617920
  • #128 by PORKULATOR on 15 Apr 2017
  • Well, Bob Lee Swagger IS an Arkansas Razorback fan.
    yep... Gave Roger Waters his favorite hog cap. Actually it was Levons character but I don't know his name. Lol
  • #129 by FANONTHEHILL on 15 Apr 2017
  • Shots of North Endzone and framework for south videoboard going up taken at April 15 scrimmage.
  • #130 by Amityvillehogger on 17 Apr 2017
  • They are moving along fairly quick. Going to look good without that pale yellow building in the endzone.
  • #131 by Boss Hog in the Arkansas on 24 Apr 2017
  • Its a muddy mess out there, but that outer wall is coming along great!
  • #132 by theFlyingHog on 24 Apr 2017
  • Its a muddy mess out there, but that outer wall is coming along great!
    Now this has to be a fake. According to this picture, the columns are just interior structure and not decorative columns at all!

/s
  • #133 by ricepig on 24 Apr 2017
  • Now this has to be a fake. According to this picture, the columns are just interior structure and not decorative columns at all!

/s

I think they will soon stack more on top of those columns, they did leave some re-bar on top........ ;)
  • #134 by ricepig on 24 Apr 2017
  • #135 by ricepig on 24 Apr 2017
  • #136 by Boss Hog in the Arkansas on 25 Apr 2017
  • I just realized that I haven't been paying any attention to "live" feed of the construction from the northern angle, so I'll post a few shots to show how that looked in the past and how far they've come
  • #137 by Boss Hog in the Arkansas on 25 Apr 2017
  • RIP Broyles Complex. This was  Day 1 of construction
  • #138 by Boss Hog in the Arkansas on 25 Apr 2017
  • This was a little further ahead, in mid January
  • #139 by Boss Hog in the Arkansas on 25 Apr 2017
  • This shot was taken this morning. The frame for the scoreboard in the SEZ looks absolutely massive!
  • #140 by Hawgndaaz on 25 Apr 2017
  • drove by there this weekend. that hole in the endzone is HYUGE yall. stop by if you have a chance, these pics don't do it justice.
  • #141 by razorcash2 on 25 Apr 2017
  • Does anyone know if the new video board on the north side will be any closer to say the north endzone than it was in the past?

Always seemed a bit too far away to me in the past.
  • #142 by ricepig on 25 Apr 2017
  • Does anyone know if the new video board on the north side will be any closer to say the north endzone than it was in the past?

Always seemed a bit too far away to me in the past.

12ft closer.
  • #143 by Boss Hog in the Arkansas on 28 Apr 2017
  • To put the current state of construction into perspective, heres a rendering of the finished product. The wall that we see on the "live" feed is the outline of the bleachers in the artist rendering. The area behind the wall with all of the caterpillar equipment will be suites (left side) and standing room only (right). Im going to go out on a limb and say that the NEZ locker room will be built next and finikshed right before the season begins. NEZ seats will be added during next offseason, or at least that seems to be the most practical course of action
  • #144 by ricepig on 28 Apr 2017
  • To put the current state of construction into perspective, heres a rendering of the finished product. The wall that we see on the "live" feed is the outline of the bleachers in the artist rendering. The area behind the wall with all of the caterpillar equipment will be suites (left side) and standing room only (right). Im going to go out on a limb and say that the NEZ locker room will be built next and finikshed right before the season begins. NEZ seats will be added during next offseason, or at least that seems to be the most practical course of action

Nope, coming out of the SW corner from the visitors locker room.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/apr/28/new-home-razorbacks/
  • #145 by Boss Hog in the Arkansas on 28 Apr 2017
  • Someone here said something about the team coming out of the NEZ this season, so I was just going off of that. 99% of what I said was speculation. Im sure that's a great article but its waaaay too long for me to read right now lol
  • #146 by Godfather on 28 Apr 2017
  • So, dual video boards?  This correct?
  • #147 by VirginiaHog on 28 Apr 2017
  • So, dual video boards?  This correct?
    Yep
  • #148 by Boss Hog in the Arkansas on 02 May 2017
  • Looks like theyre bringing out the big guns!
  • #149 by Boss Hog in the Arkansas on 02 May 2017
  • Heres the view from the northern side of the stadium
  • #150 by VirginiaHog on 02 May 2017
  • Steel time. Bout to get moving.
Pages:
Actions