• 379,504 Topics
• 21,120 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kentucky Wildcat Basketball Recruiting  (Read 1747 times)

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
Re: Kentucky Wildcat Basketball Recruiting
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2017, 08:48:47 am »

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2017, 06:40:19 am »

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/886377494751969282

“I wouldn’t eliminate them, because (UK coach John Calipari) already told me that he can play with two or three guards out there on the court. He has a good track record. You can see he puts two or three guards out there and they produce and get to the next level quickly. So it’s definitely an option to play with another point guard who can facilitate and get me the ball.”

In 2015-16, Kentucky played three former 5-star high school point guards —

Grimes knows all this because “I talk to Coach Cal maybe every four days. He called me before he came here to Spartanburg and he called me after I had a good game here. He was just amazed that I put up that many points.”

That would be 41 points, to be exact, in a game where he hit 7 of 12 3-pointers on Friday with Kentucky assistant Joel Justus courtside. 6-foot-5 Grimes is ranked by both Scout.com and 247Sports as a point guard —

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2017, 06:23:34 am »

https://twitter.com/joe_mussatto/status/888546255965741061

It was a wild week on the recruiting trail with the nation’s top basketball players competing at Nike’s Peach Jam and the Adidas Gauntlet Finale.

We saw Zion Williamson in person for the first time last weekend. He isn’t the No. 1 prospect in the 2018 class — that’s a spot taken by power forward Marvin Bagley — but Williamson is the most electric.

Jerry Meyer: “I get excited watching him, and that is very rare for me. So much of scouting is just mundane work; I go to the gym and really don’t get a lot of joy out of it, to be honest, because I do it so much. So it’s a huge deal when a guy makes my heart beat a little bit or he gets my adrenaline going or he makes me feel like … a fan. Zion does that.”

Package deal?

That term got tossed around quite a bit at Peach Jam and the Adidas Gauntlet Finale, but Williamson and point guard Immanuel Quickley made it seem like a very real...

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2017, 12:43:37 pm »

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/893163066975813634

Kentucky, Arizona, Texas A&M, Kansas, Marquette, Baylor and Texas.

Woodlands native is the top-ranked player in the Lone Star State.

Kansas is the favorite.

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2017, 03:31:17 pm »

Andrew Slater‏ @ASlater247

Top 5 Matt Hurt'19 @HurtMatthew of @D1Minnesota will visit #Indiana, #Louisville, & #Kentucky from September 28-30th http://247sports.com/Player/Matthew-Hurt-87062

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2017, 05:55:00 pm »

Kyle Tucker‏ @KyleTucker_SEC 5h5 hours ago

New Story || Kansas is a serious threat to steal 5-star sensation Zion Williamson from Kentucky. Here's why:  https://www.seccountry.com/kentucky/kentucky-uk-basketball-recruiting-zion-williamson-kansas-threat

LEXINGTON, Ky. — It looks like John Calipari and Kentucky are going to be in for a fight to land the services of 5-star sensation Zion Williamson. Bill Self and Kansas have the most muscle to knock the Wildcats out of contention for the 6-foot-7, 250-pound small forward who is ranked as high as No. 1 overall in the Class of 2018 by 247Sports, and now the Jayhawks are starting to flex it.

Andrew Slater, a supremely plugged-in recruiting insider for 247, raised eyebrows this week when he changed his “Crystal Ball” prediction for Williamson from Kentucky to Kansas. The Cats had become favorites to land the slam-dunking YouTube star after he and 5-star point guard Immanuel Quickley (a heavy UK lean) openly discussed their desire to play together in college.

Not so fast, Slater tells SEC Country.

“I think Kansas makes sense,” he said, “from the perspective of his relationship with [5-star point guard] Devon Dotson, who may wind up [committing to Kansas] fairly soon, his strong connection to Adidas [Williamson plays on that shoe-company’s AAU circuit] and Kansas’ ability to showcase players like him, as they did with Josh Jackson [No. 4 overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft]. He also has a strong relationship with Bill Self.”

Now, for a few key pieces of background information: ...

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2017, 06:23:19 am »

While the door for Williamson and Quickley to potentially team up at Kentucky is still open, Kansas is emerging as a strong contender.

“I think Kansas makes sense,” 247Slater told Tucker, “from the perspective of his relationship with [5-star point guard] Devon Dotson, who may wind up [committing to Kansas] fairly soon, his strong connection to Adidas [Williamson plays on that shoe company’s AAU circuit] and Kansas’ ability to showcase players like him, as they did with Josh Jackson [No. 4 overall pick in 2017 NBA Draft]. He also has a strong relationship with Bill Self.”

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2017, 06:19:33 am »

Ben Roberts‏ @BenRobertsHL Aug 10

Which 2018 basketball prospects are most likely to commit to UK? We asked 5 top recruiting analysts...  http://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-men/article166587727.html

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2017, 06:59:10 am »

Kyle Tucker‏ @KyleTucker_SEC Aug 11

I see UK signing a 5-star PG, SF and PF in 2018, plus 1-2 surprises. Putting on the prognosticator hat here:

https://www.seccountry.com/kentucky/kentucky-basketball-uk-recruiting-predicting-2018-class

2017-18 season hasn’t even started and there’s already buzz about Kentucky basketball fielding another “super team” for 2018-19. That’s because the Wildcats don’t have many obvious one-and-dones on the current roster, and they’re in great shape with a few elite recruits in the Class of 2018.

John Calipari likely won’t sign a huge class, numbers-wise, but he should end up with three or four stars who’ll turbo-charge expectations for next season.

Best guess: point guard Immanuel Quickley, power forward Simi Shittu and at least one (maybe two) of the nation’s top three small forwards — Zion Williamson, R.J. Barrett and Cam Reddish —

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2017, 05:51:49 am »

Jeff Goodman‏Verified account @GoodmanESPN

Marvin Bagley III will announce college decision tomorrow tonight on the 11 pm. @SportsCenter. Where will he go -- and will he reclassify?
3:41 PM - 13 Aug 2017

Kyle Tucker‏ @KyleTucker_SEC 9h9 hours ago

Kyle Tucker Retweeted Jeff Goodman

Not Kentucky.

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2017, 05:26:15 am »

Kentucky Basketball Recruiting: Will 5-star PG Immanuel Quickley be Cats’ first 2018 pledge?

6-foot-3 Maryland native ranked as the No. 3 player at his position and No. 9 prospect overall by Scout.com, Quickley will take official visits on the first three weekends of September — to Kansas, Miami and Kentucky, in that order — and then “sit down with me and his family and make a decision,” Jide Sodipo, one of his closest advisors, told SEC Country. “I expect him to make a decision in September.”

Quickley declared the Cats his leader earlier this summer and nothing has happened to change that.

“In recruiting, anything can happen, but I do believe Kentucky is the leader,” said Sodipo, executive director of Team BBC, Quickley’s Adidas-sponsored AAU squad. “His family likes Kentucky and being coached by Calipari with USA Basketball gave him a chance that most kids don’t get, to really be coached by someone that’s recruiting him.”

Quickley spent three weeks practicing and playing for the Wildcats coach on the U.S. Under-19 World Cup team that took bronze in Egypt...

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #71 on: Today at 07:08:40 am »

Kyle Tucker‏ @KyleTucker_SEC

Does it matter Shittu doesn't have a UK offer? Calipari told him, "We would take your commitment right now."

Two 5-star Canadian basketball recruits narrowed their list of college options this week and Kentucky made the cut for for both R.J. Barrett and Simi Shittu, the No. 1 and No. 9 overall prospects in the Class of 2018. Wildcats are in Barrett’s final five and Shittu’s top 10.

The question, though, is whether coach John Calipari is the favorite to land either of them.

Evan Daniels: “They’re definitely in the mix” for Barrett, who is also still considering Arizona, Duke, Michigan and Oregon. “In terms of favorites on that list, I think it’s kind of early, but Arizona and Duke have done a really good job of recruiting him. I’d hate to say there are favorites, but if I was going to guess, I’d say those two are maybe out front right now. There’s a long way to go, though, and he’s in the process of setting up visits. I think those are coming very soon, and the recruitment will really take shape from there.”
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas