Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Henri Murphy

Started by #1 STUNNA, May 06, 2016, 10:09:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ricepig on May 29, 2016, 10:15:51 am
Hmm.....they didn't want to release him last summer, we'll see.
Perhaps; then again the Hogs weren't apparently seriously looking at him back then. Think that if the Hill really pushes the matter that Henderson would really want to stand in the way? If you do then you've just "thrown sand" in the face of the strongest guy on the beach. And that AIN'T a way to win friends and influence people in this state.

GuvHog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on May 29, 2016, 10:42:22 am
Perhaps; then again the Hogs weren't apparently seriously looking at him back then. Think that if the Hill really pushes the matter that Henderson would really want to stand in the way? If you do then you've just "thrown sand" in the face of the strongest guy on the beach. And that AIN'T a way to win friends and influence people in this state.

Well said. Besides, I don't think he was D1 qualified last year. If he had been qualified I don't think he would have gone the JUCO route.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Man, Henderson St. is acting like scorned little beotch.

The kid doesn't want to go there, he's got better offers. Do right by the kid and release him so he can play where he wants and have better opportunities to get seen on bigger stages.

Not a good look for the Reddies.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Lights Out

Quote from: GuvHog on May 29, 2016, 02:36:37 pm
Well said. Besides, I don't think he was D1 qualified last year. If he had been qualified I don't think he would have gone the JUCO route.
He was an late qualifier..(qualified 3 weeks before school was out). Signed with Henderson on NSD with an agreement from Henderson St. Head Coach "that if Henri was to qualify for D-1 before year was out then they, Henderson St. would release him...Once Henri qualified an the D-1 offers start to come in, Henderson St. Coach didn't honor his word and wouldn't release him. So the only choices he was left with was to attend JUCO for 2 years to free himself from the NLI agreement he signed. He could of enroll in an D-1 but would of have to pay his own way and wouldn't of been eligible to play football for 2 years. Several people have contacted Henderson coach an he want budge. If he gets released he can enroll now and have 4 to play 3. Compared to going back to JUCO for semester...then he only has 3 to play 2 and you also leave the door open for the Alabamas and Georgia's to continue to chip away.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Lights Out on May 29, 2016, 04:32:01 pm
He was an late qualifier..(qualified 3 weeks before school was out). Signed with Henderson on NSD with an agreement from Henderson St. Head Coach "that if Henri was to qualify for D-1 before year was out then they, Henderson St. would release him...Once Henri qualified an the D-1 offers start to come in, Henderson St. Coach didn't honor his word and wouldn't release him. So the only choices he was left with was to attend JUCO for 2 years to free himself from the NLI agreement he signed. He could of enroll in an D-1 but would of have to pay his own way and wouldn't of been eligible to play football for 2 years. Several people have contacted Henderson coach an he want budge. If he gets released he can enroll now and have 4 to play 3. Compared to going back to JUCO for semester...then he only has 3 to play 2 and you also leave the door open for the Alabamas and Georgia's to continue to chip away.

If he gets an AA degree at the JUCO I believe he becomes eligible immediately when he transfers. Might take another semester at the JUCO + some summer coursework.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ricepig

Quote from: Oklahawg on May 29, 2016, 04:38:09 pm
If he gets an AA degree at the JUCO I believe he becomes eligible immediately when he transfers. Might take another semester at the JUCO + some summer coursework.

He's a full qualifier.

Oklahawg

Quote from: ricepig on May 29, 2016, 04:40:56 pm
He's a full qualifier.

But needs the degree to transfer without Henderson standing in the way. If I get this accurately. It is funky so I may be off.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ricepig

Quote from: Oklahawg on May 29, 2016, 05:01:29 pm
But needs the degree to transfer without Henderson standing in the way. If I get this accurately. It is funky so I may be off.

Correct, I think most are harping on the fact that he could transfer immediately with a release.

berryhog

I could see not releasing a kid to a conference opponent, but to not release him to an entirely different classification seems spiteful. 

Cornfed Pig

Whose call is this?  Scott Maxfield's?  Why do we treat kids this way?

GuvHog

Thanks for the info, I didn't know for sure. Much appreciated.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

songofthesword

Moy only that, say he doesn't work out. If you release him he's gonna come back. If you don't you've pretty much ruined your ability to recruit your home state

JaketheSnake

Henderson St might want to kiss some tail and try to get the UA to send them some of the kids that want to transfer out for playing time.  UCA has been getting most of them that stay in state lately.

zebradynasty

That's pretty much what I was told HSU coach wouldn't release him! Needless to say HSU has pretty much sunk any successfull recruitment at PB Dollarway in the future.

I know many say why the coach wouldn't grant the release....perhaps there is a reason why a coach as successful as HSU's over the last 5 plus years has not been offered a larger job! :o

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: zebradynasty on May 30, 2016, 10:53:45 am
That's pretty much what I was told HSU coach wouldn't release him! Needless to say HSU has pretty much sunk any successfull recruitment at PB Dollarway in the future.

I know many say why the coach wouldn't grant the release....perhaps there is a reason why a coach as successful as HSU's over the last 5 plus years has not been offered a larger job! :o
That is absolutely ridiculous, especially since the coach was told about the possibility and agreed to it before hand. Wow. Can we get this fool's email and phone number please?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 30, 2016, 10:57:48 am
That is absolutely ridiculous, especially since the coach was told about the possibility and agreed to it before hand. Wow. Can we get this fool's email and phone number please?

Seconded.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Cornfed Pig

Henderson State football coaches: (public information)

Scott Maxfield   Head Football Coach   maxfiem@hsu.edu   870-230-5201
Jeff McInerney   Assistant Coach - Co. Defensive Coord. - Defensive Line   mcinerj@hsu.edu   870-230-5900
Matt Gordon   Assistant Coach - Co. Defensive Coord. - Safeties   gordonm@hsu.edu   870-230-5068
Jeremiah Fiscus   Assistant Coach - Run Game Coord. - Recruiting Coord. - Offensive Line   fiscusj@hsu.edu   870-230-5030
Darren Drago   Assistant Coach - Special Teams - Inside Linebackers - Strength   dragod@hsu.edu   870-230-5461
Dean Norsworthy   Assistant Coach - Outside Receivers   norswod@hsu.edu   870-230-5033
Ryan Lusby   Assistant Coach - Inside Wide Receivers - Asst. Recruiting Coord.   lusbyr@hsu.edu   
Bradley Hollis   Director of Football Operations   bh205548@reddies.hsu.edu   

zebradynasty

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 30, 2016, 10:57:48 am

I take it even further than that. Even if they had not made that agreement before NSD why would you stand in the way of kid's opportunity to play in front 75K-100K on Saturdays vs 5K-10K! Once he saw the kid was not going to play for him why do this? Wasn't like the kid changed his mind and wanted to go play for OBU! Like I said there is a reason he's still coaching at HSU despite his high degree of success.

But hey things happen for a reason and the kid doesn't seem bitter about it so...hopefully he (everyone) can move on now.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: zebradynasty on May 30, 2016, 01:08:28 pm
I take it even further than that. Even if they had not made that agreement before NSD why would you stand in the way of kid's opportunity to play in front 75K-100K on Saturdays vs 5K-10K! Once he saw the kid was not going to play for him why do this? Wasn't like the kid changed his mind and wanted to go play for OBU! Like I said there is a reason he's still coaching at HSU despite his high degree of success.

But hey things happen for a reason and the kid doesn't seem bitter about it so...hopefully he (everyone) can move on now.
i'm betting he changes his mind soon.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Cornfed Pig on May 30, 2016, 12:46:27 pm

Jeff McInerney   Assistant Coach - Co. Defensive Coord. - Defensive Line   mcinerj@hsu.edu   870-230-5900
Matt Gordon   Assistant Coach - Co. Defensive Coord. - Safeties   gordonm@hsu.edu   870-230-5068
Jeremiah Fiscus   Assistant Coach - Run Game Coord. - Recruiting Coord. - Offensive Line   fiscusj@hsu.edu   870-230-5030
Darren Drago   Assistant Coach - Special Teams - Inside Linebackers - Strength   dragod@hsu.edu   870-230-5461
Dean Norsworthy   Assistant Coach - Outside Receivers   norswod@hsu.edu   870-230-5033
Ryan Lusby   Assistant Coach - Inside Wide Receivers - Asst. Recruiting Coord.   lusbyr@hsu.edu   
thank you, sir. did my part.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Cornfed Pig on May 30, 2016, 12:46:27 pm

I'm not sure this was a good idea. Or really even within the rules. guys don't start pestering them at this point.  Let the coaches handle it and see what happens.  If at some point it becomes necessary then release the hounds. 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Oklahawg on May 29, 2016, 05:01:29 pm
Well if it comes down to that one provision I seriously doubt Henderson is going to stand in the way. They have absolutely NOTHING to gain and everything to lose. Sorry, but if the young man is obviously not going to play for you AND the unquestioned "big dog" of the state's college football wants Murphy the Reddies are not dumb enough to get in the way of that.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 30, 2016, 02:55:48 pm
I'm not sure this was a good idea. Or really even within the rules. guys don't start pestering them at this point.  Let the coaches handle it and see what happens.  If at some point it becomes necessary then release the hounds.
It's a great idea. I'm sure everyone is sending classy emails his way.

LRHawg

Quote from: JaketheSnake on May 30, 2016, 07:07:23 am
Henderson St might want to kiss some tail and try to get the UA to send them some of the kids that want to transfer out for playing time.  UCA has been getting most of them that stay in state lately.

This.

HSU probably feeling like they need to circle the wagons since them and OBU have been ultra-competitive lately. That rivalry has been fantastic the last few years.

southeasthog

I wonder if Bielema had a conversation with Hendersons head coach about releasing Murphy at the All Arkansas camp this past weekend?

ricepig

Quote from: southeasthog on June 06, 2016, 06:41:53 am
I wonder if Bielema had a conversation with Hendersons head coach about releasing Murphy at the All Arkansas camp this past weekend?

I would seriously doubt it.

Muskliketusk

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 30, 2016, 01:43:04 pm
thank you, sir. did my part.
Same here they gonna give you the run around on the phone but they ain't gonna stop an email.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

Air Show

Live update: Alabama camp today. Henri's 40 times: 4.33, 4.29, 4.27. They kept making him run again and again. The 4.27 run was handheld with all the coaches timing. Saban took Henri through his DB drills.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Air Show on June 06, 2016, 12:19:20 pm
Live update: Alabama camp today. Henri's 40 times: 4.33, 4.29, 4.27. They kept making him run again and again. The 4.27 run was handheld with all the coaches timing. Saban took Henri through his DB drills.
uh oh. No bueno! That's too fast, now everyone will want him.

Ironhawg

Wonder if the Henderson coach will release him to go to Bama?

greenie

Impressive speed.  Sorry if already asked, but is he scheduled for one of our camps?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Ironhawg on June 06, 2016, 01:36:53 pm
Wonder if the Henderson coach will release him to go to Bama?
of course he will. And if he does I hope CBB puts maximum pressure on that fool HSU coach.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 06, 2016, 02:17:20 pm
of course he will. And if he does I hope CBB puts maximum pressure on that fool HSU coach.
And IF he does (and doesn't the Hogs) then I predict he WILL be looking for new employment in 2017.

ricepig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 06, 2016, 05:02:58 pm
And IF he does (and doesn't the Hogs) then I predict he WILL be looking for new employment next year.

Seriously? Not everyone answers to the University of Arkansas, I realize that's ridiculous, but I don't see anyway this effects his job.

Vantage 8 dude

June 06, 2016, 05:42:04 pm #84 Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 09:25:35 am by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: ricepig on June 06, 2016, 05:05:04 pm
Seriously? Not everyone answers to the University of Arkansas, I realize that's ridiculous, but I don't see anyway this effects his job.
Well I can guarantee that should he somehow grant a "waiver" to the Tide and not allow the same for the Hogs then there will be some major questions asked, whether or not Maxwell answers to the Hill. There are going to be some legitimate queries as to why he would be willing to grant a release to 'Bama and yet not the same to the home state's main university. Doesn't take an Einstein to see that coming.

ricepig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 06, 2016, 05:42:04 pm
Well I can guarantee that should he somehow grant a "waver" to the Tide and not allow the same for the Hogs then there will be some major questions asked, whether or not Maxwell answers to the Hill. There are going to be some legitimate queries as to why he would be willing to grant a release to 'Bama and yet not the same to the home state's main university. Doesn't take an Einstein to see that coming.

Legitimate questions doesn't equal being fired, lol. Since there's been no reason ever given on why he didn't release him last fall, I'll wait until it plays out before I sharpen my pitchfork.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ricepig on June 06, 2016, 05:50:37 pm
Legitimate questions doesn't equal being fired, lol. Since there's been no reason ever given on why he didn't release him last fall, I'll wait until it plays out before I sharpen my pitchfork.
Not getting my pitchfork out in the least. I'll admit that a comment about a possible firing IF something like that went down is a little extreme, however, as I also said it would really raise more than a few eyebrows given how protective most are of our instate players. Given too the fact that CBB has made it very clear he would really like this young man to come on board immediately and that doesn't make for a very happy outcome.

ricepig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 06, 2016, 06:03:33 pm
Not getting my pitchfork out in the least. I'll admit that a comment about a possible firing IF something like that went down is a little extreme, however, as I also said it would really raise more than a few eyebrows given how protective most are of our instate players. Given too the fact that CBB has made it very clear he would really like this young man to come on board immediately and that doesn't make for a very happy outcome.

Oh, no doubt it would be extremely uncomfortable for him around most of Arkansas. I'm like the rest, I'd like to hear his reasoning on not releasing him last fall, much less now.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on June 06, 2016, 05:05:04 pm
I agree with Vantage that some serious heat would come his way!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 06, 2016, 05:42:04 pm
Well I can guarantee that should he somehow grant a "waver" to the Tide and not allow the same for the Hogs then there will be some major questions asked, whether or not Maxwell answers to the Hill. There are going to be some legitimate queries as to why he would be willing to grant a release to 'Bama and yet not the same to the home state's main university. Doesn't take an Einstein to see that coming.
if Bama comes in and buys Hen, errrr, recruits Henri Murphy, than they will end up getting slapped on the wrist for it. One of these days they'll eff up (like Albert Means) again.

Pig in the Pokey

Here's THE QUESTION.....

What makes HSU think that they have the right to be holding back a kid who is being courted by the likes of Arkansas and Alabama? It's immoral. 

Air Show

The main point is that Henri wants to be a Hog if released. This will allow him to play 3 years. If not released, back to JUCO, graduate in December 2016 and find the best situation for himself, no favorites!

ricepig

Quote from: Air Show on June 06, 2016, 06:43:09 pm
The main point is that Henri wants to be a Hog if released. This will allow him to play 3 years. If not released, back to JUCO, graduate in December 2016 and find the best situation for himself, no favorites!

Why wouldn't Arkansas be his favourite in Dec, if they are in August?

Air Show

No favorites meaning the Hogs had 2 chances, out of high school and now one year later. Snubbed twice.

ricepig

Quote from: Air Show on June 06, 2016, 07:53:05 pm
No favorites meaning the Hogs had 2 chances, out of high school and now one year later. Snubbed twice.

How is it a snub if you have an offer and you can't get a release? Also, he wasn't qualified on NSD, in this day and time in the SEC, you can't get a zero out of one of your 25. Several of our conference mates, Bama, LSU, USCe, for example have had guys not make it this summer, scholarship wasted.

factchecker

Quote from: Air Show on June 06, 2016, 07:53:05 pm

2 chances and snubbed twice?

The first chance = Henri ineligible until too late and already signed with henderson.

The second chance = Currently offered but held back by henderson not releasing.

Has Alabama even offered yet?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Oklahawg

Bet this gets worked out cordially behind the scenes.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Oklahawg on June 06, 2016, 10:51:37 pm
Bet this gets worked out cordially behind the scenes.
Probably at the All Arkansas camp.
All Gas, No Brakes!

ricepig

Quote from: greenie on June 06, 2016, 01:41:04 pm
Impressive speed.  Sorry if already asked, but is he scheduled for one of our camps?

He doesn't need to attend one of our camps, he camped when he was a SR, and he already has an offer. What he needs to do is commit!

gibby

The "All-Arkansas Camp" isn't.