Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Henry Murphy

Started by GuvHog, October 26, 2014, 09:19:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Is CBB recruiting this WR from PB Dollarway???  The guy is incredibly fast!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hogfan2000

Fastest player in the State of Arkansas including the University of Arkansas. He's a great defender.  I have asked a question in a thread the other day to Richard and he didn't respond.  I asked Danny West the same question and nothing.  I can only imagine it's academics.  If it's because he's a little lite, that's stupid.  Dude is a lock down corner, and would play the first day on campus.

hogfan2000

I'll just add, if Murphy is a qualifier, there aren't any corners that Arkansas is capable of bringing in from outside the state that would warrant passing on him.  His speed makes separates him from everyone else.  There is no substitution for it.  Get him in a weight room and  provide him adequate nutrition then  he would be as good a get for a program that lacks speed as you will ever get.

IBleedRazorbackRed

yraciv

Quote from: hogfan2000 on October 26, 2014, 10:19:49 am
Fastest player in the State of Arkansas including the University of Arkansas. He's a great defender.  I have asked a question in a thread the other day to Richard and he didn't respond.  I asked Danny West the same question and nothing.  I can only imagine it's academics.  If it's because he's a little lite, that's stupid.  Dude is a lock down corner, and would play the first day on campus.

Are you talking about this guy who runs a 4.5 40, and 11.11 100? Yes, I looked that up that he got 2nd in the state 4A Meet.  You do realize we have an elite track program at Arkansas right?
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/182442/henry-murphy

He certainly is fast, but your argument is ridiculously flawed. Seems like average CB speed to me. I've never seen the guy play and I'm sure he is a fine 6A player to have that much of an impact on you, but there has to be a reason he has no offers, only an ESPN & HUDL profile, and the recruiting guys don't have a clue about him over the halfway point of his SR season.  I'm guessing it's because he isn't a D1 prospect.

secneahog

Quote from: yraciv on October 26, 2014, 02:33:12 pm
Are you talking about this guy who runs a 4.5 40, and 11.11 100? Yes, I looked that up that he got 2nd in the state 4A Meet.  You do realize we have an elite track program at Arkansas right?
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/182442/henry-murphy

He certainly is fast, but your argument is ridiculously flawed. Seems like average CB speed to me. I've never seen the guy play and I'm sure he is a fine 6A player to have that much of an impact on you, but there has to be a reason he has no offers, only an ESPN & HUDL profile, and the recruiting guys don't have a clue about him over the halfway point of his SR season.  I'm guessing it's because he isn't a D1 prospect.

Pettway was clocked at a 4.49.  Guess he's the fastest guy in Arkansas now
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

RazorPiggie

hogfan2000

With all do respect, I don't care what his time was at some camp.  I can show you where he was timed sub 4.4.  I've seen him play in pads meat, and until you am watch him in person, don't give me any smart aleck remarks.  There isn't anyone in this state that he doesn't cover and run down in the State of Arkansas. Once again, before you chime in you need to take you butt to watch him play.  He is Jarius Wright fast on a football field, and this state doesn't produce many of those guys.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: hogfan2000 on October 26, 2014, 05:16:05 pm
With all do respect, I don't care what his time was at some camp.  I can show you where he was timed sub 4.4.  I've seen him play in pads meat, and until you am watch him in person, don't give me any smart aleck remarks.  There isn't anyone in this state that he doesn't cover and run down in the State of Arkansas. Once again, before you chime in you need to take you butt to watch him play.  He is Jarius Wright fast on a football field, and this state doesn't produce many of those guys.
Typical homer embellishment of a high school player. No offense, everyone has done it at some point in their life. I'm not sure a 5 star could live up to your feelings about Murphy.
Still, you're not even close to being the worst about it that we've seen on here.

hogfan2000

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IAhiC7gM62M

Oh look, this says he runs a sub 4.4.  I don't look at times at camp. I know my  crap and I'm not from PB, and I'm telling you on a football field he moved like a 4.3 guy.  He plays at dollarway where he can't do much offensively, but he is a great defender.  There are a futile highlights where you can see the speed. Just irritates me when people get on here and jaw that hadn't even seen the guy.  If he has it up stairs, he would start at corner for 2 or 3 years.

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogfan2000 on October 26, 2014, 05:33:33 pm

Oh look, this says he runs a sub 4.4.  I don't look at times at camp. I know my  crap and I'm not from PB, and I'm telling you on a football field he moved like a 4.3 guy.  He plays at dollarway where he can't do much offensively, but he is a great defender.  There are a futile highlights where you can see the speed. Just irritates me when people get on here and jaw that hadn't even seen the guy.  If he has it up stairs, he would start at corner for 2 or 3 years.

I dont know about you guys, but since he says he knows his crap I believe him now! 

lefty08

Quote from: hogfan2000 on October 26, 2014, 05:33:33 pm

Calm down Mr Murphy, nobody is challenging your or the kids manhood on the internet. Jeepers people are weird on here
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

hogfan2000

People on here are jerks. I simply responded to the OP's comment.  I've asked so called recruiting guys what his story is and nobody will answer.  I stand by my words that he is the fastest football player in the state on a football field, and is a great corner.  I guess since I've got so many posts pumping up marginal athletes I deserve to be talked to like an idiot.  I was just trying to bring a legitimate piece of information about a kid most don't know about in this state.  If he is academically able, and a good kid.  He will be a 3 or 4 year starter at whatever level he ends up at later.  I will ask for an apology at that time from you guys that are being pricks, and I will gladly say I'm a dumb *** if he goes and plays somewhere and fails. 

ricepig

The thing is he more than likely isn't unknown. Coaches watched tape of Dollarway  last year because of Liddell, they don't just watch highlights, they watch game tape. If it's grades, go to JUCO and see what happens.

hogfan2000

I figure it's academics, but I just haven't been able to get anyone to answer why he isn't being heavily recruited by schools.  I can tell you with 100% certainty that Hamburg has 5 athletes that possesses division 1 or 2 type speed, and he stuck out like a sore thumb.  He covered a kid for Hamburg that finished 3rd in the decathlon as a Sophomore, a legit 4.6 guy, and Murphy literally on a double move bit down 2 yards and then out ran our kid to the ball by 5 yards.  Our kid is legitimately fast, but this kid made him look average.  Hamburg is fast at the skilled positions, and I mean fast for any level of hs football, and this guy was different.  I have no skin in the game other than I know what different looks like, and this guy is different.  Oh well. If just be interested to hear from someone that covers recruiting that could weigh in on what the knock is one him. 

ricepig

So, all these Hamburg kids getting offers?

Hogberry Snortcake

Nobody's going to talk about it if its his academics. 

hogfan2000

Hamburg has 4 or 5 skilled kids that will play college football if they are eligible and/or have the desire. Well, I didn't realize folks don't answer questions about a kid if there are off field concerns. If it's grades,  Maybe he will go to juco and stick.  He'll be in Fayetteville in 2 years if he does.   

ricepig

Quote from: hogfan2000 on October 26, 2014, 07:32:49 pm
Hamburg has 4 or 5 skilled kids that will play college football if they are eligible and/or have the desire. Well, I didn't realize folks don't answer questions about a kid if there are off field concerns. If it's grades,  Maybe he will go to juco and stick.  He'll be in Fayetteville in 2 years if he does.   

Playing college football and playing in the SEC are two different things.

hogfan2000

Tell you guys what you can do if you want to see how good he is. Warren and Dollarway play in 2 weeks.  There was someone on here recently that said one of the wr's going to ASU was better than J wright.  I've seen him, and it's my opinion he's no where close, but it will still be a good opportunity to watch Murphy play against a mid major wr.  If you are around those parts, do yourself a favor and go to that game. Be a great game, and be a great matchup to watcg

tophawg19

your first mistake was saying he's faster than anyone at the U OF A . Hawkins was timed in H/s in texas at 4.23 and tied for fastest in the state at the championship track meet. D WILSON also has claims of that speed in track. Coaches say K Marshall is the fastest on the team. So yeah folks took exception to that statement
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ricepig

Quote from: hogfan2000 on October 26, 2014, 07:47:07 pm
Tell you guys what you can do if you want to see how good he is. Warren and Dollarway play in 2 weeks.  There was someone on here recently that said one of the wr's going to ASU was better than J wright.  I've seen him, and it's my opinion he's no where close, but it will still be a good opportunity to watch Murphy play against a mid major wr.  If you are around those parts, do yourself a favor and go to that game. Be a great game, and be a great matchup to watcg

I'll let the college coaches do the scouting, they evaluate for a living.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: ricepig on October 26, 2014, 07:42:22 pm
I wish HDN would've told Casey Dick that.....
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

hogfan2000

Quote from: ricepig on October 26, 2014, 07:42:22 pm
sigh...I said he looked athletically superior  amongst guys that are legitimate athletes that will play college football.  4.5 and 4.6 guys that are crazy agile give a good look when trying to evaluate a kid on defense.  Hamburg has 3 or 4 of those guys that touch the ball regularly.   

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hogfan2000

Quote from: tophawg19 on October 26, 2014, 07:47:39 pm
your first mistake was saying he's faster than anyone at the U OF A . Hawkins was timed in H/s in texas at 4.23 and tied for fastest in the state at the championship track meet. D WILSON also has claims of that speed in track. Coaches say K Marshall is the fastest on the team. So yeah folks took exception to that statement
I've never seen Hawkins or Wilson on a football field for the University of Arkansas look fast?  It matters how fast guys are when they put the pads on, and those 2 guys don't play as fast with pads on as their numbers would indicate.  I'm not arguing anymore, but I will be proven right if the kid has it upstairs. 

SemperFi

Has Henry Murphy attended any of the UA camps? That could be a huge difference in maybe why he doesn't have an offer.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

DoubleReedHawgCaller

I feel your pain hogfan2000. I watched a kid last year not get recruited because he was told he was too short but nobody on the field could hang with. When a kid has got that IT factor you can just tell and this kid had it.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

hogfan2000

West's comments about him when I made a comment about him was that he was one of fastest guys at junior day and said he was very explosive. When I asked him why he seemed under the radar he never answered. Ju

Dropkick

lefty08

Must be major colleges don't feel the kid is good enough. It happens. Not saying he might not be able to play elsewhere. Maybe beating up on Hamburg didn't impress this staff. Maybe we should let the coaches evaluate, I'm certain if he kid is good they know abut him
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

lumphog

Quote from: hogfan2000 on October 26, 2014, 05:53:30 pm
People on here are jerks. I simply responded to the OP's comment.  I've asked so called recruiting guys what his story is and nobody will answer.  I stand by my words that he is the fastest football player in the state on a football field, and is a great corner.  I guess since I've got so many posts pumping up marginal athletes I deserve to be talked to like an idiot.  I was just trying to bring a legitimate piece of information about a kid most don't know about in this state.  If he is academically able, and a good kid.  He will be a 3 or 4 year starter at whatever level he ends up at later.  I will ask for an apology at that time from you guys that are being pricks, and I will gladly say I'm a dumb *** if he goes and plays somewhere and fails. 
Don,t worry about what a bunch of jerks say......I appreciate the info, Thanks. I believe there are a lot of small town kids that get over looked in Arkansas.

lumphog

Quote from: hogfan2000 on October 26, 2014, 07:58:24 pm
I've never seen Hawkins or Wilson on a football field for the University of Arkansas look fast?  It matters how fast guys are when they put the pads on, and those 2 guys don't play as fast with pads on as their numbers would indicate.  I'm not arguing anymore, but I will be proven right if the kid has it upstairs. 
I've been waiting for Hawkins to start showin out......what's the hold up ? I've seen him in to return KO's once, & run a couple routes. Don't recall any catches. I do remember talk of his speed coming out of HS

yraciv

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on October 26, 2014, 08:04:58 pm
I feel your pain hogfan2000. I watched a kid last year not get recruited because he was told he was too short but nobody on the field could hang with. When a kid has got that IT factor you can just tell and this kid had it.

Where is your kid now? Starting at a D2 as a true FR?

popcornhog

Quote from: hogfan2000 on October 26, 2014, 05:16:05 pm

I'll readily admit that I haven't seen him.

But I did just google him -- it doesn't look like he has any offers.
WPS

yraciv

Quote from: popcornhog on October 26, 2014, 11:16:13 pm
I'll readily admit that I haven't seen him.

But I did just google him -- it doesn't look like he has any offers.

This and at this point in your SR season that tells me all I need to know.  Maybe grades have something to do with it, wouldn't be the first Pine Bluff kid, but you certainly can't pull the this kid is floating under the radar card.  Lots of Division 1 programs gave Josh Lidell a look last year, apparently he did attend Jr. Day at the U of A, so the exposure has been there.

I'll admit he looks fast, probably is one of the fastest in the state.  But 4.4/4.5 speed looks a lot different against HS guys than it does when he gets on campus.  Hawkins, Marshall, all our speedsters blew guys away in High School.

We're not trying to harp on you.  We know homerism creeps in at times, but we're just trying to temper your expectations.  Of all the facts out there, it looks more likely this kid will end up at a JUCO or division 2 school. You said he would play the first day on campus.

kingt

Some of the best athlètes in the state reside in SE Arkansas. They are often overlooked for some strange reason however. Not knocking NW Arkansas but most of the NFL players from the state are from south of LR. I often breakdown the regions of the state as follows NW is similar to the Big 12, NE reminds me of the Big 10, while the SE has speed like the SEC. Some of those Warren teams where loaded with talent yet we only got 3. Pine Bluff has talent to beat anyone in the state the Bolding hire was the best thing to happen to that area. HS coaches who have reps for being good coaches helps when it comes to which kids get recruited, probably why more NW Arkansas players get offers. Outside of Bo Hembree many couldnt name HS coaches from the SE. Lastly, politics play a role as well. Ive saw with my own eyes where families invite sports writters for newspapers and websites into their homes for dinner. Needless to say those kids ended up with offers more times than not.

showme

Saw his tape. Kids like that are a dime a dozen in real football states like Texas and Florida. There are probably 50 of them in Miami alone. Real small (5'8" 145) and somewhat fast but not blazing fast or especially strong or skilled at anything in particular, just basically a guy that is somewhat fast. Been there done that. Lord help us if you ever actually go somewhere to watch some real football in Florida or Texas. You'll see those kinds of players all over the field.

showme

Quote from: lumphog on October 26, 2014, 10:16:39 pm
I've been waiting for Hawkins to start showin out......what's the hold up ? I've seen him in to return KO's once, & run a couple routes. Don't recall any catches. I do remember talk of his speed coming out of HS
Hands of stone. Also doesn;t run great routes but most important to BB, not big enough to block well on running plays.

hogfan2000

Showme, I've seen every great plater from this state play football the last 25 years. I've played on the field against a few of them.
I've pretty much attended every razorback game since 1990. I've seen Basil Shabazz play in person, I've seen Bruiser Pryor play high school football.  Carl Kidd, Dmac, Jaruus Wright, Orlando Green, Madre Hill, Bobby jet. These are all guys that could fly.  I've seen em all play when they were pups.  I'm very well aware of what speed and greatness look like. I'm guessing you didn't see any of those guys play in high school, and you probably don't even know who a couple are.    I'm very well aware of different levels of football. that Arkansas high school football isn't texas football.  I watched the kid in person 2 weeks ago.  I don't care what his time is in the 40 on ESPN.   He is as fast on the football field as Jarius Wright.  He is a great, and I mean a great corner.  See when you run a 4.3, and like to play defense, it doesn't matter what state you are from. The kid is 5'11, a definite sub 4.4 defender that has an edge.  He obviously has some issues off the field, or he'd have a list of offers.

ArkansasI

hogfan2000,

I appreciate your commitment to this player.  I recommend that you forward his information to Coach Lunney.  Couldn't hurt...

PorkRinds

Maybe he could walk on.

GuvHog

Quote from: ArkansasI on October 27, 2014, 08:35:45 am
hogfan2000,

I appreciate your commitment to this player.  I recommend that you forward his information to Coach Lunney.  Couldn't hurt...

According to RD, they already know about him.

GuvHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 27, 2014, 08:37:48 am
Maybe he could walk on.

If his grades are good enough to walk on, he should be offered a scholarship. The kid is the real deal. If he doesn't have the grades. I hope the Hogs sign him then place him in JUCO.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: GuvHog on October 27, 2014, 09:03:19 am
If his grades are good enough to walk on, he should be offered a scholarship. The kid is the real deal. If he doesn't have the grades. I hope the Hogs sign him then place him in JUCO.

Since the strict 25 scholarship limit I don't think we "sign and place" anymore.  And for good reason.  That would be like self-imposing a 24 scholarship limit.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

hogfan2000

My deal is Guv, the kid has speed that can't be coached.  He's from our state.  I look at the cb's we are on from outside the state, and I just don't see anybody out there that you would take over a kid that bleeds Razorback Red, and who would be the fastest kid in the class.  That's my whole deal.  If we are taking a corner, and he isn't a Batman Carroll type of prospect, I can't see not giving this kid strong consideration when looking at who they are on outside the state. It doesn't appear we are on any can't misses. I take a super athletic kid from this state any day over one from outside anyday.  As a general rule you have much less turnover from instate guys.

Grizzlyfan

If he's the fastest corner in the state he has to beat Kiondre Thomas to prove it!!  BOOM!!

showme

Quote from: hogfan2000 on October 27, 2014, 08:11:17 am
See when you run a 4.3, and like to play defense, it doesn't matter what state you are from.

Understand that this is where you start losing people. Most knowledgeable people know that there is no way this kid runs a 4.3 so after someone knowledgeable reads that, they immediately dismiss everything you have said. If posters would stop with the hyperbole, you might find folks listening a little more.

navyhog24

What schools are recruiting him?

hogfan2000

Quote from: showme on October 27, 2014, 09:42:45 am
Understand that this is where you start losing people. Most knowledgeable people know that there is no way this kid runs a 4.3 so after someone knowledgeable reads that, they immediately dismiss everything you have said. If posters would stop with the hyperbole, you might find folks listening a little more.
How do you know he isn't sub 4.4?  By watching his Junior highlight?  I've seen him play in person this year, and he is a legitimate sub 4.4 40 guy. I am not a member but 247 said he was the fastest player at the Razorback camp in June.  Don't know what he laid down but obviously he was moving.